The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #51
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
All good points. We need an MLB so bad. The good thing is our two OLBs are great.
One of the bright spots was that Danny was the only guy I saw all season to stone Marshawn Lynch on multiple occasions.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #52
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
One of the bright spots was that Danny was the only guy I saw all season to stone Marshawn Lynch on multiple occasions.
I thought Nate Irving had a fantastic game as well. That guy can crack some heads.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #53
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
This is a great post.

We have a few guys that play physical, with attitude. Harris and Trevathan come to mind, we need a few more.
Vickerson is another.

As the fog from yesterday clears I'm actually finding some real optimism for next year.

The biggest change we need isn't so much about talent (except at safety). It's about turning these players loose. Our defense, right now, plays not to make mistakes. The whole defense always seems to be moving backwards. Everything is predicated on keeping the play in front of them and preventing that big play.

Seattle just turns their defense loose. It was kind of amazing watching their defensive tackles running half way across the field to make plays on the edge 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. The whole damn team just flows straight to the ball. They're willing to give up a couple of big plays here and there, just as long as they are knocking some heads in the process. It's a thing of beauty to watch three different guys running at the receiver as soon as the QB throws a pass.

It looks like college football but with NFL players. We need to find a Bronco version of that. I'm tired of a defensive scheme designed to keep coaches from getting fired. Go down to the college ranks and replace Del Rio with someone who can coach us to play with that intensity and speed. I absolutely believe we have the talent to do it.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #54
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

When we were down 43-8, the hawks just kept bringing the wood as if the score was 0-0. That's the kinda defense I love, but when most coaches have a lead like that, they go into a prevent defense that prevents them from winning.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #55
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
When we were down 43-8, the hawks just kept bringing the wood as if the score was 0-0. That's the kinda defense I love, but when most coaches have a lead like that, they go into a prevent defense that prevents them from winning.
I was struck by something similar. They played that preseason game this year with exactly the same level of intensity as the Superbowl. It was pretty much the same damn game. Something that yet again reminded me of a college football team.

They apparently practice at the same speed. They play every play, no matter the stakes, at the same speed. The Broncos and their lazy training camp practices could learn a whole bunch from them.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #56
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Vickerson is another.

As the fog from yesterday clears I'm actually finding some real optimism for next year.

The biggest change we need isn't so much about talent (except at safety). It's about turning these players loose. Our defense, right now, plays not to make mistakes. The whole defense always seems to be moving backwards. Everything is predicated on keeping the play in front of them and preventing that big play.

Seattle just turns their defense loose. It was kind of amazing watching their defensive tackles running half way across the field to make plays on the edge 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. The whole damn team just flows straight to the ball. They're willing to give up a couple of big plays here and there, just as long as they are knocking some heads in the process. It's a thing of beauty to watch three different guys running at the receiver as soon as the QB throws a pass.

It looks like college football but with NFL players. We need to find a Bronco version of that. I'm tired of a defensive scheme designed to keep coaches from getting fired. Go down to the college ranks and replace Del Rio with someone who can coach us to play with that intensity and speed. I absolutely believe we have the talent to do it.
Yeah I see what your saying and honestly not trying to take up for Del Rio, but it's hard to let your defense loose when your playing with 5 or 6 back-ups.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #57
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

First priority for the offseason is for anyone in the Denver area to welcome the team home at the airport, preferably by pelting them with rotten fruit and rubbish. They belong with the garbage after all.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #58
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
First priority for the offseason is for anyone in the Denver area to welcome the team home at the airport, preferably by pelting them with rotten fruit and rubbish. They belong with the garbage after all.
Yes, that will help them improve, I'm sure.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #59
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Would we have beaten them if Gronk was healthy though?
Yeah, I think we would have and I think we had them beaten in New England... they just got lucky. Certainly Gronk would have made difference, but we have more answers for him at this point than we did earlier in the year. Our defense played well to close the season, and honestly didn't play terribly yesterday given the circumstances.

SEA scored all of their points on flukes, turnovers and short fields. Not saying they didn't deserve to win... not saying they aren't the better team. But, their offense didn't do anything special and Lynch was a non-factor.

We need to continue to beef up this defense, but I see some reason for optimism.

Offensive toughness, special teams and coaching efficiency are entirely different issues.

Peyton Manning honed his skill-set in a domed stadium where people hushed when he told them to. He mastered his own offense (essentially) and put up some great seasons, great numbers and is a remarkable QB. But, I remember back in the day... pre-Broncos, I just didn't care for the Colts. They seemed like a one-dimensional dome team that would be exposed in the playoffs and quite often they were. The one year they won it all, their defense caught fire late in the season and they faced a pretty marginal team in the SB.

I'm not taking anything away from Manning, and I wouldn't want anyone else running this offense. But, I've long been leery of the finesse offense and what happens to those offenses come playoff time. I've argued with folks around here for years that you need more that just a quarterback to win a SB. I doubt I have to make that argument any longer.

This team got shoved around and manhandled. We lost to a team built to win playoff football games. I understand that we've seen teams like the Rams, Saints and Colts win SBs some years... but that's not now. Right now, there are too many teams in the NFC who have great defenses or have them on the horizon.

This team has to re-examine itself and take a hard look at this offensive style... overall make-up and coaching style/philosophy and decide what they are going to do. We just shattered every possible offensive record and were still humiliated by a stronger, faster, old-school football team. I'm NOT saying you "blow it up", but this is two pretty brutal finishes in a row. It's time for a look in the mirror and I imagine time to make some difficult decisions.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #60
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
This team has to re-examine itself and take a hard look at this offensive style... overall make-up and coaching style/philosophy and decide what they are going to do. We just shattered every possible offensive record and were still humiliated by a stronger, faster, old-school football team. I'm NOT saying you rear anything down, but this is two pretty brutal finishes in a row. It's time for a look in the mirror and I imagine time to make some difficult decisions.
I don't think there is anything wrong with our offensive style...we just need to be able to line up and run it down your throat when want to though. I don't necessarily think the offensive of the ball need to be extremely physical either...meaning we just pound you away all game. Not necessary.

You look at the past offenses of the SB winners recently, they can also sling the ball. Next years SB will be in AZ too.

I still stand by what I said yesterday, and that is, that it starts with the defense. They set the tone of the game. The defense needs to be smash mouth players...and the 2 players on our team that fit that mold are Vickerson and Knighton. Everyone else, I'm not too sure of their identity.

BB built his defenses the same way...big and physical. What do you think he was doing drafting Spikes...Hightower...Mayo...Chandler Jones...Jamie collins...these are all versatile big physical guys. Seahawks are just on another level with that **** though.

The thing is, Seahawks got all of their guys in the later rounds of the draft... so either they have an internal PED department or they have the best developmental department in the NFL.

Physical, punch you in the jaw, defenses are the definition of playoff football.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #61
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Shocked at how easily people just say Moreno is gone like it's no big deal. He was a key to our offense this season, and a great leader as well. I think losing him would cause massive issues. Ball is good, but what if he gets hurt?
I think we draft/sign another back but I think this team sees something in CJ Anderson or they wouldn't have held onto him despite injury in the preseason. Hillman is 3rd and will receive an opp to get out of the doghouse. I wish there was a Woodhead out there that we could pickup.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #62
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

1. Cut Holliday...he makes way too many terrible errors that end up costing the team. He is a liability returning punts as he fumbles constantly and has bad judgement returning kicks. He is too small to play any other position.

2. Von Miller need to get his sh*t together. Enough with whatever off the field BS he partakes in...get someone to get his damn head screwed on right.

3. Safety play needs to improve. Either via draft or FA.

4. MLBer worth a damn would be nice.

5. Decker...let him walk...a decent WR will replace him instantly...especially with Manning. D. Thomas is the WR to pay...not Decker.

6. Shore up the OL...get Clady healthy and add another piece.

7. Get rid of players that constantly fumble.

8. Work on turning around the turnover margin...which is terrible.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #63
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
We've designed this team over the past few years to try to beat the Patriots.

We did that. It's time we look at the bigger picture and that means a more physical brand of football.
Yup. I hate to say it but this teams Super Bowl was beating New England.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #64
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Blow it all up, and Manning should retire. I wrote a blog post about it you know. Then move the team to Dubai and call themselves the blades.

WOOOOOOO!

theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote