The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #26
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

OL- Zane Beadles can walk if he wants a big contract. He would be to overrated for a big money deal. I would rather moved Franklin to G and shift Clark to RT if it had to be done.

WR- I would only pay Decker no more than a good WR2 contract. I think DT and Thomas deserve a big pay day which they should get.

DL- We are pretty good at DT (can't believe I'm saying that). We have Knighton and Sly as the starters and I would have Big Vick and maybe Urein as the back-ups. DE's has got be better. I think Malik might take Wolfe's spot depending on Wolfe's condition, but we need another pass rusher to play with Von.

LBs- I think Danny T(who I think was the only player outside of Knighton who played well and didn't quit yesterday) and Von are studs. Now if only we had an impact MLB. I really wanted it to be Woodyard, but it kinda flamed out and lost confidence towards the end. Hopefully he can rebound, but he needs to be challenged by a high draft pick for the MLB spot.

DB's- Where to begin?? I think we need to sign DRC and Harris back for starters. I don't think DRC would be big money, but maybe around the same size contract Keenan Lewis got with NO. Harris should be back with a decent size contract. I hope Webster picks it up after being pick on late in the season. Tony Carter is OK but Champ still plays like hes on skates. We need an impact safety in the worst way.

Overall D- I don't think we are in a bad spot with our defense considering we were playing in the super bowl without 5 starters (Von, Moore, Wolfe, Vickerson, and Harris). I think we need an impact safety to go along with a big time MLB and we are a top 5 defense.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #27
Nickstixx
NFL mock draft winner '13

Picture won't post...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Preface: Though my OM account shows that I have not posted a lot, I am indeed a die hard fan, and have been my entire life. I also had more posts before my account somehow got deleted and I had to create a new one. Just want to get that out of the way.

Now... I agree with many of the posts on here. We have to either cut Champ or ask him to take a SIGNIFICANT pay cut.
I also think that if Manning wants to win, he should walk into Elways office and tell him he will restructure his contract.

As for positions that we need to assess in FA and the draft:
Safety
RT
CB
MLB
RB

I know Seattle's Defense is great, but I couldn't believe that I was watching the same team that I watched all season out there last night.
Nickstixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #28
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I think it's pretty obvious that passing oriented teams are not going to beat the top defensive teams. If we want to win a championship, we need to build the team into a defensive juggernaut with a top shelf running game.

My concern is that we have too many finesse pussies on this team. We need an attitude overhaul. I'm not sure John Fox and his "aww shucks" persona, or even Peyton and his "politically correct" persona are the right guys to lead the type of men we need to compete physically and mentally with the 49ers and Seahawks.

In my mind, Fox and Peyton had their chance this year. The offense was pretty much all systems go and couldn't be much better. The weather was fine. And we still got annihilated. This offense with these players can't win against the elite physical defenses. We need to adapt. But we probably won't.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #29
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Also, the Maras called. They want Elway to clean up the steaming pile of horse**** he left on the field last night. I understand it is pretty big so bring lots of bags and a world class pooper scooper.
Elway must be humiliated and embrassed to no end. I would nto be suprised to see him take pretty drastic action to rectify whatever that was we saw last night.

John has done a superb job- if that performance wasn't bag over the head punch int he face by Fox and his clown car, I am not sure what was.

8 god damn points. Still in disbelief.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #30
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Would we have beaten them if Gronk was healthy though?
what about us without Von, Vickerson, Clady, and Harris?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #31
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I actually envision 8-9 new starters for us next season.. Deck , Know, Clark BEadles are gone on offense and Adams, Woodyard, Irving, Phillips on Defense.
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #32
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default 5 weeks from tomorrow!

March 11 is the start of the new league year.

Champ is due $1,000,000 roster bonus and locks in his 9 mill in salary by that day. No wonder he wants to return next year.

This isn't going to happen. Sad he never got his ring here , but he is done as a starter, in any capacity. Move to safety is not probable. He gave up 5 of 6 targets yesterday for a 115 QB rating.

Unless he signs a new deal at 1-2 mill max he is gone. I thank him for his years of great service...but we need strength, youth and speed in his spot. He doesn't have them anymore.

What happens with Champ will show some of the teams thinking.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #33
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Right! Those are two all-pro difference makers (Von and Clady), and one of the best corners and the best nickel back in the game in Harris. Really makes you think!?!?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #34
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Excellent point for sure, but I honestly don't know. Gronk gives me ****ing nightmares.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #35
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

We need a stud speed RB that will take some pressure off Manning. Someone who is going to take the rock and run with authority. It seems the backs we have now just don't have that. (D. Mcfadden, Chris Johnson, Bryce Brown).
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #36
Traveler
Traveling Man!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I agree with Popps! Last night prove true to old adage, "Nice guys finish last." This team has to get more nasty and physical if they plan on winning another SB.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #37
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

With all of our injured players returning, plus a couple of more pieces on defense and adding a stud speed back on offense, we should be ready to make another run. Last night was the worst sleep I had in a long time, I kept waking up every hour on the hour thinking about that game. My wife was even mad and she don't even like football.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #38
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

1. True MLB. We haven't had one since Al Wilson. Adding a MLB could change the identity of this defense for the better.

2. Safety. Despite what most think of Rahim Moore, the kid plays very well and has improved each year. We can use an upgrade at SS

3. Never wear Orange in the Super Bowl again. EVER!!!
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
After blowing a mostly healty team last year, and crapping themselves in the SB this year, I feel the best window for a SB victory was these past two seasons.

That said, I do believe the window is still open for another year or two, but it will be an uphill battle.

With that said, how does the team move forward to make it as competitive as possible? How do they give themselves the best possible chance to redeem themselves?

My theories:

1. If Eric Decker wants big money, let him walk. He has his moments, but disappears in games as well. He is a decent receiver, but that money can go elsewhere.

2. Obvious statement is obvious: Cut or restructure Champ.

3. Sign DRC. If possible, extend Harris as well.

4. Let Beadles walk unless he signs a cheap contract. I like him for depth, but I don't think he's worth second contract starting Oline money.

5. Look to upgrade safety. Adams is a good depth guy, Ihenacho is a decent depth guy, but niether should be starting. I get that injuries played a part here. But the position needs attention.

6. I can't believe I'm saying this, but are there any Romonowski type players available? Crazy, borderline psychopaths that give your Defense a nasty attitude type guys? Vickerson has a bit of that in him, but this team needs some nasty. While we're at it, a receiver with some nasty would be great as well.

A lot depends on how some of these guys come back from injury. But S, CB, LG, WR, MLB, are all areas that need to be addressed. And maybe DE depending on Wolfe's situation.

I get that most of you are extremely pissed, I am too, but can we try to keep this thread a "where do we go from here" thread, and not just another "b****ing cause I'm pissed" thread? There are plenty of those available (I'm using those as well).
Really good points. I think we need to look for another pass rushing DE as well.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #40
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
OL:
Let Beadles walk. Move Franklin to LG (I assume you mean t LG because Vasquez played well at RG) and move Clark to RT and hope Clady returns to form.

WR:
Decker is probably going to command 8-10/year and I don't think he is worth that, especially when we have to give DT a big contract the following year. Maybe we can restructure Welker so he's not eating $8 in 2014.

QB:
Manning wants a ring then he needs to give up some green.

Defense needs a bit more work.
LB:
IDK if Von should move into a strictly DE? Or maybe just DE when we go nickle? I would love to have a real MLB, but with Von and Trevathan, only 2 are going to be on the field in nickle D unless we move Von up to the line. Still, a 3-down MLB has been a priority since Big Al Wilson hung em up.

CB/S:
Champ looks done to me, sad to say. I wish we could have got him a ring this year.
Re-sign DRC is a must. Harris is great and Kayvon will benefit greatly from a full off season. CBs are okay. Depth beyond our top 2 isn't great, but SS/FS upgrade is so much more important right now. Nacho is depth. Rahim is solid, but should be depth. Our worst talent here since Mcree/Manual

DL:
We actually have 2 solid DTs. I didn't think I was going to ever say that. Our depth is awful and showed when Vickerson went out. Hopefully Wolfe can come back from whatever his illness is. Malik is solid. Can Q Smith make the leap Malik did? At least need depth here, but we probably could use an upgrade. And maybe less so if we have Von solely rushing in passing situations.
All good points. We need an MLB so bad. The good thing is our two OLBs are great.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #41
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

50% chance Miller is suspended for next year, the probabilty of him screwing up in the next 8 months is high. He can't be trusted.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #42
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
We've designed this team over the past few years to try to beat the Patriots.

We did that. It's time we look at the bigger picture and that means a more physical brand of football.
This is a great post.

We have a few guys that play physical, with attitude. Harris and Trevathan come to mind, we need a few more.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #43
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
50% chance Miller is suspended for next year, the probabilty of him screwing up in the next 8 months is high. He can't be trusted.
I see what you did there.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #44
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
I actually envision 8-9 new starters for us next season.. Deck , Know, Clark BEadles are gone on offense and Adams, Woodyard, Irving, Phillips on Defense.
Shocked at how easily people just say Moreno is gone like it's no big deal. He was a key to our offense this season, and a great leader as well. I think losing him would cause massive issues. Ball is good, but what if he gets hurt?
LetsGoBroncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #45
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I've seen some posts advocating moving Miller, I want to go on record as stating that I think that is a terrible idea
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #46
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Blow the team up Do **** off. We won 15 games this year and most pretty easily. We lost the biggest one obviously but you dont blow up a ****ing team because of that. You blow up a 2-14 team or a 3-13 team.

We have 1 year left with Manning, maybe 2 max at a push. You do what you can this year to get everyone back healthy and keep the players you want to keep and pick up a few gems like we did last year with Vazquez, Knighton, Welker, DRC and Phillips. Some of the money we had from 2013 wont be there this year but you give it another shot. Otherwise you may as well just say **** Manning and start from scratch with Osweiler and he's shown nothing so far.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #47
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I've seen some posts advocating moving Miller, I want to go on record as stating that I think that is a terrible idea
Agree. Keep him at LB. Miller should get back to his 2012 weight, not only for performance purposes, but for his knee as well
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #48
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You don't move Trevathan or Miller. Let them play in the positions they excel at. You go out and get a MLB ffs.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #49
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Even though we are drafting second to last in every round, we need to find one or two good players that can contribute right away, we need to get our healthy players back, we need to sign our own in house free agents and one or two outside free agents which should include MLB and RB.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #50
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Not quite. Clark is signed through next year and I read before the SB that the FO and Phillips are going to sign for another year.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote