The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #101
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
Thats correct Eddie Mac, all we can do is try to pick the brains of the front office, but in the end, they will do what they see fit regarding this team. I see us making another Super Bowl run.
There's no ****ing way Bowlen or Elway are gonna change direction on this. This was always a 3-4 year plan and after the way Manning played this year bar obviously the Superbowl, he still has plenty of juice in the tank and we'll do everything possible to put the best players around him we can. We certainly wont blow up this roster.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #102
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think the Broncos should take one more shot with this team, and if it doesn't work out, let the Ozzy era commence...
It was always gonna be a 3-4 year plan depending on Manning's durability and as shown this year he's still superb, bar obviously yesterday but there was no way he was winning that one on his own. Seattle were just too good.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #103
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

That's the one thing about football that I hate the most, injuries. Teams can never play at full strength because they always will have people missing. Hopefully next season, we won't have so many key pieces missing from our team. It really sucks.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #104
yerner
Ring of Famer

I don't know what they do, I'm sure it's all up to Manning. They're all in on this thing with him. Unfortunately, I don't think shaping a team around a 38 year old quarterback that commands so much of the salary cap will lead to a Superbowl win.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #105
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Not one to tell people how to get over being upset. Everybody and everyone is different.

My advice: take some time to get over this, get a Kindle or something. And then enjoy next year, 'cuz major changes are on the horizon after this "window" closes...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:54 PM   #106
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I would love to see a dynamic runner on this team who hits the hole with confidence and authority. Manning would be more dangerous than ever.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #107
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I would love to see a dynamic runner on this team who hits the hole with confidence and authority. Manning would be more dangerous than ever.
I actually think Ball and Anderson would be just fine. I like what I have seen from Anderson in his few chances.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #108
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
What should we do to move forward.

Calm down, take a breather and think before some of you post more of the ludicrous bollox that's been posted on here in the last 12 hours.

Trust John Elway, he's made some incredible moves to take this team from Tim Tebow to the Superbowl. We didn't play yesterday we all know that, and even if we did, it may not have mattered because Seattle were better all over the field.

We achieved some incredible things this year as a team, despite having arguably 2 of our best players missing for most of the year (Clady/Miller) and losing key starters throughout the season in Vickerson, Moore, Wolfe and Harris. Champ Bailey played what 3-4 games and never looked anywhere near 100%. We lost our coach to heart problems, we lost our starting DE to a fax balls-up. To even get where we did and how we got there was an achievement.

I dont think any other offense will ever come close to what we achieved this year but the issue is many wont give a **** because they didn't perform when it mattered. I disagree with that, we still should have our QB for at least another year or 2 and we need to see if we can retool again given our limited cap situation and get our injured players back and fighting to make another push in 2014/15.

I still believe in this team and I'm a little surprised at some who seem to have given up after a one woeful performance.
And with all due respect, I'm surprised you're taking this slapdown so lightly. Our biggest injury problem was on defense. It wasn't the D that caved in this one (until the offense had already sunk them beyond hope with TOs). It was "The Greatest Offense in NFL History" that blew this one.

If this team doesn't change some fundamentals, does it stand up any better to the Seahawks, Niners, Carolina or the Cardinals next year? I'm not trying to be combative here, but 43 - 8 is a pretty convincing way of saying that something is fundamentally wrong. Not to mention, Peyton has made it to a lot of playoff games, but he also has the worst record of any QB in playoff history. Like TJ said, teams usually stumble off into the wilderness for a few years after an ass kicking of this magnitude.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #109
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If this team doesn't change some fundamentals, does it stand up any better to the Seahawks, Niners, Carolina or the Cardinals next year?
I'm actually really excited about the schedule. We need some experience with the speed and intensity these teams play at. We might go 1-3 against the NFC West, but we'll be in a much better position to win a Superbowl next year because of it.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #110
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

I know the cliche' lines seldom work, but somewhat applicable here. It was a sh-tty game, not a sh-tty season. Chill....

Keep your fingers crossed we stay healthy, tweek here and there, and we're 11-5 to 13-3 next year, and right back in the mix. Cheer up, even Ali got his ass handed to him on occasion...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #111
RADRHATR
Pro Bowler

We should try and re-sign Decker if he is willing to do so knowing that he is best benefited by being in Denver. Let Moreno test the free agent market. That is all on offense ( remember Clady will be back ).

Defense is a whole new story, we need to let Champ retire and look at getting some much needed help in the back end of the defense. A young DE would be good and Von Miller needs to be tamed by management.

Special teams needs an overhaul, not sure why we are pooch kicking when we have one of the strongest legs in the league, for that the ST coach needs to be fired. Idiotic!

And for gods sake Manning should NOT retire! He needs to win the SB next year more than anyone.
RADRHATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #112
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Offensively:

I think we need to get Clady back, draft a RT with a nasty streak and move Franklin inside. I think it's time to bid Zane Beadles adieu.

I think you offer Decker a solid no. 2 contract (which he'll refuse) and you bid him adieu. Have fun playing for a 4-12 Jacksonville squad in front of 16 people. Replace Decker with a more physical receiver.

Looks like Moreno is done here and I think Ball will be a feature back next year, but I don't think we should just hand it to him. Bring in a proven veteran back to challenge him. Give Hillman one more chance to prove himself as a home run hitter worthy of a roster spot. Every year there is a character issue back with a 2nd or 3rd round grade that falls to the 5th or 6th round. This year might be the time to take a flier on such a player.

Defense:

We need a true blueblood Mike linebacker with a nasty streak to blow **** up. Not a converted Sam. Not a converted Will. Not a feel good story of redemption, not a converted SS, spend a Goddamn first round draft pick on a MLB, or get the best available free-agent Mike you can get.

Not feeling our safeties. Nacho absolutely sucked balls last night. Mike Adams is a fringe roster type and even Rahim Moore has had well documented instances of suckyness (although he's clearly the most talented of the three.). Draft a ball hawking safety in the 2nd round. Don't care if he's a FS or a SS, we need both.

D-line I think we're fine (crazy as that is to say out loud). Williams flashed a lot of ability in the 2nd half of the season, Potroast is a beast and Big Vick is a solid rotational guy with much needed attitude.

Time to find another young situational edge pass-rusher to pair with Von.

As far as LB goes I think Danny is solid and Von Miller will regain his form.

Champ is done guys. Maybe he can make the move as an in the box SS, but I have my doubts.

Re-sign DRC as your no. 1 CB, Chris Harris as a no. 2/slot and continue to groom Kayvon Webster (who I still think is going to emerge as the most improved player on the team next year.) Draft another CB fairly high (3-4 round) and maybe rent a vet for a one year deal.

Last edited by razorwire77; 02-03-2014 at 02:22 PM..
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #113
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Offensively:

I think we need to get Clady back, draft a RT with a nasty streak and move Franklin inside. I think it's time to bid Zane Beadles adieu.

I think you offer Decker a solid no. 2 contract (which he'll refuse) and you bid him adieu. Have fun playing for a 4-12 Jacksonville squad in front of 16 people. Replace Decker with a more physical receiver.

Looks like Moreno is done here and I think Ball will be a feature back next year, but I don't think we should just hand it to him. Bring in a proven veteran back to challenge him. Give Hillman one more chance to prove himself as a home run hitter worthy of a roster spot. Every year there is a character issue back with a 2nd or 3rd round grade that falls to the 5th or 6th round. This year might be the time to take a flier on such a player.

Defense:

We need a true blueblood Mike linebacker with a nasty streak to blow **** up. Not a converted Sam. Not a converted Will. Not a feel good story of redemption, not a converted SS, spend a Goddamn first round draft pick on a MLB, or get the best available free-agent Mike you can get.

Not feeling our safeties. Nacho absolutely sucked balls last night. Mike Adams is a fringe roster type and even Rahim Moore has had well documented instances of suckyness (although he's clearly the most talented of the three.). Draft a ball hawking safety in the 2nd round. Don't care if he's a FS or a SS, we need both.

D-line I think we're fine (crazy as that is to say out loud). Williams flashed a lot of ability in the 2nd half of the season, Potroast is a beast and Big Vick is a solid rotational guy with much needed attitude.

Champ is done guys. Maybe he can make the move as an in the box SS, but I have my doubts.

Re-sign DRC as your no. 1 CB, Chris Harris as a no. 2/slot and continue to groom Kayvon Webster (who I still think is going to emerge as the most improved player on the team next year.) Draft another CB fairly high (3-4 round) and maybe rent a vet for a one year deal.
Why not flip Clark to RT if your going to move Franklin inside. Is Franklin mobile enough to pull?

If they let Beadles walk because they can't pay him I would rather have Clark at LG and leave the rest of the line intact.

Hopefully they are ready to move on from KM, he came cheap this year and finally grew up but then sits out the last of the SB hurt after being shut down all day in both run and pass game. I would pass on Hillman too, THIS TEAM NEEDS TO FOCUS ON PROTECTING THE FOOTBALL. Let Anderson show his stuff and bring in a VET or draft pick.

I am serious about wanting Elway to go after Bobby Turner. Kubes may make a push for him in Balt. Do what it takes to bring Turner back, pay him, let him find a diamond in the rough and coach him up.

Champ will be back if they can work out a lower deal, I hope they try him at safety. It is going to be real hard to pay both DRC and Harris in the same year, that would be tough to lose them. This is why I think they let Beadles and KM go among a lot of other dudes.

There are guys they have been developing like Robinson who will get a chance to shine. I just hope this offseason has less drama. Than last year. It is amazing we made it to the SB after Faxgate, all those DUI's, Fox's heart surgery, Von's issues, etc... That is a lot to over come and still make it to the SB.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #114
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Clady - Franklin - Ramirez - Vasquez - Clark

Kuper for depth?

With a Champ restructure, we might even be able to get another quality signing like Vasquez. I know nothing about switching positions on the OLine so the above may be ridiculous. Point is we could have a huge amount of talent there next year if we stay healthy. I think that OLine would have made yesterday's game at least more competitive.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #115
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's the one thing about football that I hate the most, injuries. Teams can never play at full strength because they always will have people missing. Hopefully next season, we won't have so many key pieces missing from our team. It really sucks.
That's why a great FO is needed to win. Ours has done some great things but also have shown the ability to screw up too(trusting Irving to be starting MLB for example).

All teams go through injury problems. Just seems like ours only hits our key players.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #116
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

We all enjoyed scoring 606 pts and breaking all these records that was fun. 2014 we need to refocus on winning a ring.

Really look at this team we all know about our D issues but, what about offense issues we have more problems then you'd think even from an O scoring 606 pts.

Denver has no answers on NFC west D's. Our WR's play small against any physical DB's they can't win most battles. Our RB's have the power but, not the speed to make any big plays to scare D's and open up passing game.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 02-03-2014 at 03:14 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #117
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Better Oline, mlb, safety. Tougher players in general.
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #118
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I was thinking the D was okay last night, but reading this now I'm not so sure...

Quote:
Denver’s defense had a game it will try in vain to forget. After putting up impressive performances against the Chargers and Patriots to help push the Broncos into Super Bowl XLVIII, the Broncos offered precious little resistance against Russell Wilson & Co. on Sunday. The final score will judge them harshly — 16 of Seattle’s 43 points came from defensive and special teams scores — but they repeatedly couldn’t get off the field. The Broncos allowed Seattle to score on six of its first seven meaningful drives,2 and by the time they had forced their second stop of the game, there was less than 10 minutes to go in the fourth quarter.
Should we really have expected a lot out of the Denver defense, though, given the personnel who are actually suiting up these days? This was a team that, even in healthier times, finished the year 15th in DVOA. When you look at those who were actually seeing serious reps for the Broncos on Sunday, there are just not many players with much of a pedigree. Denver’s defense is basically split up into bargain-basement veteran reclamation projects signed to short-term deals from free agency (Mike Adams, Terrance Knighton, Paris Lenon, Shaun Phillips, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie), Day 3 draft picks (Omar Bolden, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan), and undrafted free agents (Carter, Duke Ihenacho, Mitch Unrein, Wesley Woodyard). The only defensive contributors for Denver on Sunday who weren’t acquired on the cheap were Ayers, Bailey, 2011 third-rounder Nate Irving, and 2013 first-rounder Sylvester Williams.
http://grantland.com/features/seattles-best/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #119
Lolad
Ring of Famer

Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Free Agents
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie -Resign
Knowshon Moreno-Low ball
Robert Ayers-Low ball
Wesley Woodyard-Walk
Mike Adams-Walk
Stewart Bradley-Walk
Quentin Jammer-Walk
Zane Beadles-Walk
Shaun Phillips
Paris Lenon-Walk
Dan Koppen-Walk
Andre Caldwell-Walk
Winston Justice-Walk
Michael Huff-Walk
Eric Decker-Walk or low ball
Steve Vallos-Walk

Restricted Free Agents
Mitch Unrein-Walk
Chris Harris -Resign
Trindon Holliday-Walk

Exclusive Rights Free Agents
Tony Carter-Walk
Duke Ihenacho-Walk
Brandon Marshall-Walk

And nearly no cap space currently. What do you do?
I would restructure champ or show him the door, move Orlando Franklin to LG, draft a RT, MLB, and Safety.
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #120
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Offensively:

Defense:

I agree with most of this except I would go FS in the first or Whitner and/or Jarious Byrd as a FA. And I would take a MLB in the second because it always seem to be a second round MLB that is a stud.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:37 PM   #121
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I was thinking the D was okay last night, but reading this now I'm not so sure...

http://grantland.com/features/seattles-best/
Nobody thought the D was great, or even good. But if the O had been able to muster even a single TD drive in the first half, instead of any of the 3 effective turnovers, the whole complexion of the game could've been different.

They gave up two field goals, then were given a 37 yard field and finally gave up the TD, even then only having really given up 13 points in the first half. Our offense directly gave up 9 points on their own. In addition to being completely shut out.

Goes against everything this team was built around. Yeah, maybe they folded after that trainwreck kickoff to start the second half. But as far as blame game goes, the Defense comes in a distant third.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #122
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Moving foward...

First I think any mention of firing Fox or Del Rio is just silly. They got to the freakin SB without many kep players in key positions.

Second is to get healthy. Then:

I think they need to commit to the run - it's time for Monte to be the guy. I think he's got the goods. I love KM, but next year he should backup Monte and feature a power rushing attack.

They need a good MLB - no more rentals.

They also need to bring in some nasty. I think this is the most glaring issue. They need a guy that everyone else hates. (Ray Lewis, Romo, Sherman)

I also think they need to address the safety position.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #123
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
First I think any mention of firing Fox or Del Rio is just silly
It's not just about personnel. The style of defense you're seeing Seattle and San Francisco roll out is the future of the game. These coaches are the past. Pete Carroll just won a superbowl by taking advantage of a league full old school coaches who don't have the guts to run high risk/high reward schemes.

The NFL is finally catching up with college football. There is a reason that Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly, and Pete Carroll are having so much success. They are bringing that aggressive college mindset to the NFL.

Sticking with Fox and Del Rio (certainly Del Rio) is a recipe for certain failure. You just can't play that style of defense and compete at the top of the league.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #124
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Sounds like a plan.

I am waiting for Elway to publicly give his thoughts. I fear it will be something like the status quo.
Elway won't say anything publically, but he's steaming, no doubt about it. He was pissed off about the 40-10 domination in preseason, no doubt he's steaming even more about this domination abomination.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #125
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
It's not just about personnel. The style of defense you're seeing Seattle and San Francisco roll out is the future of the game. These coaches are the past. Pete Carroll just won a superbowl by taking advantage of a league full old school coaches who don't have the guts to run high risk/high reward schemes.

The NFL is finally catching up with college football. There is a reason that Jim Harbaugh, Chip Kelly, and Pete Carroll are having so much success. They are bringing that aggressive college mindset to the NFL.

Sticking with Fox and Del Rio (certainly Del Rio) is a recipe for certain failure. You just can't play that style of defense and compete at the top of the league.
Come now. Take a look at the list of the last 5 or so Super Bowl Champs prior to this year. Carroll broke through because he has a ****-ton of young cheap talent that didn't have to be paid yet.

Not that he doesn't deserve fair credit for that. But let's see more than one dude make it happen once before we start declaring new world orders.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote