The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #76
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Von's the only guy we have that forces turnovers. After re-watching the entire season leading up to last night he was way more impact-full than I remember. We desperately need more turnovers. We need the 2012 Von back in a big way.
The last turnover we forced was when? Against the texans?
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #77
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Von's the only guy we have that forces turnovers. After re-watching the entire season leading up to last night he was way more impact-full than I remember. We desperately need more turnovers. We need the 2012 Von back in a big way.
Exactly. There's not much else we have. Need to build around him not replace him.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #78
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, he would have helped, but he's going to command a 5 year 80 million dollar contract next season if he's healthy. Is he worth the risk this close to a one year suspension?
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #79
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I see Elway going after either Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden. He know's he needs that RB that is going to command respect and this will help out Manning tremendously.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #80
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Anyway, I was just trying to work out a scenario of what they could do. Obviously, they can't fill every hole in one season. Stanford plays mean and nasty so I would like to see those kind of guys come in. Byrd would be a nice upgrade at safety. As far as Von goes, yes, he's a dominant player. He could also get a year off at any moment. The Broncos have to move in another direction. Going after a guy like Mosley would be like putting an Al Wilson type player back in the middle. Worth it, IMO. Anyway, just brainstorming here. Some people are now talking about Mosley as a top ten pick, so it's probably moot at any point, this early.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #81
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach bronco View Post
I see Elway going after either Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden. He know's he needs that RB that is going to command respect and this will help out Manning tremendously.
McFadden can't even command respect where he's at. No thanks on that broken down back.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #82
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I see Elway going after either Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden.
After using high picks on Hillman and Ball, I highly doubt it. I think Ball is the guy next year with either Moreno or, if he leaves, another vet backing him up.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #83
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
McFadden would great.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #84
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbucks24 View Post
Free Agents
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - Priority
Knowshon Moreno - Let him walk
Robert Ayers - Lowball
Wesley Woodyard - Let him walk
Mike Adams - Let him walk
Stewart Bradley - Any question about letting this bum walk?
Quentin Jammer - GONE
Zane Beadles - If Kuper is healthy put an offer on the table but don't spend too much
Shaun Phillips - If he takes a low ball offer he was decent depth, just not a starter.
Paris Lenon - Let him walk
Dan Koppen - Let him walk
Andre Caldwell - Resign him if possible just for stability
Winston Justice - He is gone
Michael Huff - Lowball Training camp offer
Eric Decker - Priority, just to keep him away from kFc or Pats
Steve Vallos - Gone

Restricted Free Agents
Mitch Unrein - Nice depth, don't over spend - He and Pot Roast were the only ones I saw give any effort
Chris Harris - Priority, 3 only after DRC and Decker
Trindon Holliday - Let him walk

Exclusive Rights Free Agents
Tony Carter - Low ball, depth but I think he is in someones doghouse and won't be back.
Duke Ihenacho - Lowball depth
Brandon Marshall - WUT?

And nearly no cap space currently. What do you do?
Draft well and rework Champ, they found the money last year. If anything they could try to trade Welker and his big Cap hit for a draft pick, he was a nice have but with the emergence with Thomas he is expendable plus he is one hit from being done after those concussions. I don't see them trying to move him though.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #85
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
After using high picks on Hillman and Ball, I highly doubt it. I think Ball is the guy next year with either Moreno or, if he leaves, another vet backing him up.
Your right only I see the other vet backing Ball up as Chris Johnson. This team needs a speed back at RB, even Hillman is slow and he is supposed to be the fastest.

I wonder if this is the year CJ makes the team and can prove he can get it done. Not sure what has been keeping him off the field, maybe all the depth they have had to carry on D plus KM having a career year and Ball emerging.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #86
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

We need a dominant running game. McFadden and Johnson both need a change of scenery and either would shine with Peyton in this offense. Our injuries did catch up to us yesterday, and to win the Super Bowl, your team has to be not only fortunate but injury free and Seattle was very healthy all year.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #87
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
why would he pay either of those guys the multi million dollar contract they will want when there are so many of our own guys who need new contracts especially considering the draft picks spent at the position the last 2 seasons. if Elway is going to break the bank on free agents it needs to be on Defense. we need Safeties because ours are terrible or coming off major injury. We need Corners because right now i think the only guys who have contracts beyond yesterday are Bolden and Webster. We need LB help. Trevathan is the lone guy i see not getting replaced. Woodyard has been a warrior for us, but he isn't a MIKE and if the team felt he was better than Trevathan at the WILL they would have moved him there instead of just replacing him with Lenon. Our DE position needs to be addressed. Malik Jackson and Wolfe are the only decent guys we have at the position are signed beyond yesterday and Wolfe is an unknown.

that defense needs to be completely rebooted.

our style of play needs to change also. all our complex playing based on speed and timing went out the window when a more physical team just punched us in the mouth.

i'm ok going into next season with Ball, Hillman and Anderson at RB. they can get the job done. Defense is where I am concerned and want money spent.

also we need to find someone other than Von who can cause turnovers.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #88
SVine
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Yeah, he would have helped, but he's going to command a 5 year 80 million dollar contract next season if he's healthy. Is he worth the risk this close to a one year suspension?
If Von commands such a salary I might quit following professional sports. Seriously, he has violated league rules multiple times and now has health durability issues. No way in hell he is in position to command money like that.
SVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:03 PM   #89
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

We need all those things you just mentioned BronoMan4ever and a dominant running game. The backs we have don't scare anybody.

Last edited by long beach bronco; 02-03-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #90
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
if we are going after a vet back, i'd rather go after MJD than either of those guys. Johnson is a all or nothing back who has been **** the last couple seasons. McFadden thinks he is worth more than he is. MJD could be good depth and with a change of scenery could probably flourish for a season or 2. plus considering the injury plagued season he just had, he won't command huge money.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #91
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
We need all those things you just mentioned BronoMan4ever and a dominant running game. The backs we have don't scare anybody.
they don't need to scare teams. they just need to be consistent and good enough that teams have to respect our running game. yes it would be awesome to have that vaunted running game again, but in terms of needs for the team that is way down on the list.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #92
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Let's see what Elway thinks about that come March.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #93
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
If Von commands such a salary I might quit following professional sports. Seriously, he has violated league rules multiple times and now has health durability issues. No way in hell he is in position to command money like that.
He'll be at least 5/60, but if he plays like he did in '12 next year, he could get a lot more.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #94
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

What should we do to move forward.

Calm down, take a breather and think before some of you post more of the ludicrous bollox that's been posted on here in the last 12 hours.

Trust John Elway, he's made some incredible moves to take this team from Tim Tebow to the Superbowl. We didn't play yesterday we all know that, and even if we did, it may not have mattered because Seattle were better all over the field.

We achieved some incredible things this year as a team, despite having arguably 2 of our best players missing for most of the year (Clady/Miller) and losing key starters throughout the season in Vickerson, Moore, Wolfe and Harris. Champ Bailey played what 3-4 games and never looked anywhere near 100%. We lost our coach to heart problems, we lost our starting DE to a fax balls-up. To even get where we did and how we got there was an achievement.

I dont think any other offense will ever come close to what we achieved this year but the issue is many wont give a **** because they didn't perform when it mattered. I disagree with that, we still should have our QB for at least another year or 2 and we need to see if we can retool again given our limited cap situation and get our injured players back and fighting to make another push in 2014/15.

I still believe in this team and I'm a little surprised at some who seem to have given up after a one woeful performance.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #95
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Thats correct Eddie Mac, all we can do is try to pick the brains of the front office, but in the end, they will do what they see fit regarding this team. I see us making another Super Bowl run.

Last edited by long beach bronco; 02-03-2014 at 12:36 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #96
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post

Calm down, take a breather and think before some of you post more of the ludicrous bollox that's been posted on here in the last 12 hours.

Trust John Elway, he's made some incredible moves to take this team from Tim Tebow to the Superbowl. We didn't play yesterday we all know that, and even if we did, it may not have mattered because Seattle were better all over the field.

We achieved some incredible things this year as a team, despite having arguably 2 of our best players missing for most of the year (Clady/Miller) and losing key starters throughout the season in Vickerson, Moore, Wolfe and Harris. Champ Bailey played what 3-4 games and never looked anywhere near 100%. We lost our coach to heart problems, we lost our starting DE to a fax balls-up. To even get where we did and how we got there was an achievement.

I dont think any other offense will ever come close to what we achieved this year but the issue is many wont give a **** because they didn't perform when it mattered. I disagree with that, we still should have our QB for at least another year or 2 and we need to see if we can retool again given our limited cap situation and get our injured players back and fighting to make another push in 2014/15.

I still believe in this team and I'm a little surprised at some who seem to have given up after a one woeful performance.
Give us at least a weak before you expect us tobe objective and have clear perspective.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #97
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:

We just didn't want to show our hand, for next season's regular season game. Yeah...That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #98
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think the Broncos should take one more shot with this team, and if it doesn't work out, let the Ozzy era commence...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #99
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

We need to get healthy.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #100
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I said the same thing you said but I am surprised you are surprised and the drama on this board. It is comical that people want to blow up a team that was down 6 starters this year and was 1 win away from winning it all. The only thing that may need to be blown up is the orange jerseys.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote