The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #51
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Get a real MLB - Paris Lenon? Really?

Karlos Dansby
Brandon Spikes
Daryl Smith
Jon Beason

all available

Also I don't know why we are paying a punter who never punts in the regular season and corks off 29 yarders in the super bowl $4 million.
People are way too homer on what this FO has done over the last few years. At some points they seem to be able to find good bargain-bin talent. But they often seem blind to their own most glaring weaknesses.

The Manning signing gave them a lot of cred around here. But cred doesn't make your decisions for you.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #52
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

If we want to win games..we need players like Lewis, Sherman that are nasty and show leadership.
On offense and defense, we don't have any of them.
Manning, champ and fox are not leaders.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:48 AM   #53
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

New offensive line. Very big. Very ugly. Very nasty.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #54
stoxman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
No way Elway fires Fox. He'll demand a new DC but will let Fox command the ship for one more year.
Elway has already stated they would talk after the super bowl and an extension is imminent as no coach wants to be a "lame duck" working the final year of their contract with no clarity beyond.

As I stated in another thread, if this is the plan go 2 years. However, I have no doubt Elway will over commit in the 3-5 year range and we will be stuck after Manning.

Sux.
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #55
stoxman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVine View Post
Sounds like a plan.

I am waiting for Elway to publicly give his thoughts. I fear it will be something like the status quo.
Remember last year when he PUBLICALLY stood behind Fox's blunders in the BAL game?

He stated that Fox was right in not trying to move the ball in the last 30 seconds or so in regulation and did not disagree with any of his very, very questionable coaching decisions in that game. He is a big believer in Fox obviously.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #56
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Switch to a 3-4 defense. Pot roast at nt, with vickerson, williams, and Wolfe at de. Put von at olb, with Irving at the other. Trevathan at MLB with brandon spikes or someone similar next to him. Draft or sign a ss and cb. Resign drc and release champ.

Offense....kick Franklin inside to LG, don't resign beadles, put Clark at rt. Resign Decker if possible.

Cut holiday and st coach.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #57
stoxman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Free Agents
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie-RE-SIGN
Knowshon Moreno-Bye
Robert Ayers-Probably gone unless will take peanuts
Wesley Woodyard-Gone
Mike Adams-Cheap RE-SIGN
Stewart Bradley-GONE
Quentin Jammer-GONE
Zane Beadles-GONE
Shaun Phillips-RE-SIGN 1 yr deal
Paris Lenon-GONE
Dan Koppen-GONE
Andre Caldwell-RE-SIGN
Winston Justice-GONE
Michael Huff-RE-SIGN CAMP FODDER
Eric Decker-PROBABLY GONE IF WANTING BIG BUCKS
Steve Vallos-GONE

Restricted Free Agents
Mitch Unrein-Replaceable
Chris Harris-EXTEND
Trindon Holliday-CUT PLEASE

Exclusive Rights Free Agents
Tony Carter-KEEP
Duke Ihenacho-CUT
Brandon Marshall-BYE

And nearly no cap space currently. What do you do?

That and I would get rid of Champ, Dreesen, Tamme and any other spendy contracts besides PM.
I agree with all except CUT TONY CARTER DAMNIT! and I would try to re-sign Tamme to a cheap cap friendly deal.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #58
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I want to see us draft or sign a big TE and have Gase implement more 2-TE sets next year. This team needs to be built to beat Seattle.
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #59
stoxman
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
I want to see us draft or sign a big TE and have Gase implement more 2-TE sets next year. This team needs to be built to beat Seattle.
I think Gerrell Robinson can be that guy! With Gibbs coaching I would hope he will be ready. Not giving up on Tamme either at a very cheap salary. Dreesen is gone.

A bigger offense draft/FA need is a SPEEDY receiver like Harvin that can replace Trindon on kickoffs. A Cordarelle Patterson type guy that may also have to replace Decker.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #60
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

MLB, Better O-line and more pass rush
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #61
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Only winners get wings.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duke Ihenacho

I think our 1st priority should be safety. We need some big time play-makers in the secondary. An upgrade (or at least some more depth) at MLB. I hate to jump all over Champ Bailey, but he's not what he used to be. We need more depth at corner. Moving Champ to safety probably isn't a bad idea at this point either.

Offensively, I totally agree with letting Beadles go, moving Franklin to RG, & Clark to RT, but we would need to shore up some depth if we go that route. I think Ball & CJ Anderson would be a good duo in the backfield. Assuming we can't re-sign Decker, I'd like to see us bring in a super speedy receiver (Torrey Smith type). Manning needs to continue to build up his arm strength in the offseason.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #62
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Enough blame the D bull****.

4 turnovers?

First half drive summary:

Safety
Punt
INT
INT - Pick 6.
Turnover on downs.

We built the team around offense. They are the ones who lost this game.
Best post of the day so far. Its was Peyton's Offense, and they sucked and made a mockery of this Franchise in the big game. Peyton should publicly apologize to the City of Denver for that p***Y ass effort- from the p***Y O-line to p***Y receivers... it was disqusting.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #63
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Probably right. But everyone sees that the team was completely unprepared
for the game. Like they thought just GETTING to the game was enough to get the trophy.

It was a stinker by the team. And if Elway thought the team was soft after the preseason game ( 42-10), what is he thinking now after the same team destroyed us even worse, on a supposedly neutral field , in the Superbowl.?

I think he will make some changes, but is going to take some time to think clearly. He is not Shanny , throwing the D-coord under the bus every time he failed.

My guess is Fox will not get an extension. Maybe Elway will ASK him to think about retiring, and install Del Rio. But Fox is popular with the players, so it won't be forced.

Elway knows that a great run game is needed, and will look to find pieces to get that established. We don't have that back, or the line to dominate, but we can't keep running Mannings offense that is 60-65% passing. Manning needs to reduce his cut, but we can't go into cap dead space either , so not much will happen there. I think next year is his last with Denver. We either win the bowl next year or its done.

No easy answers , but Elway is not dumb. Changes ARE coming.
We essentially built a team that is not prepared to beat a Seahawks or 49er's, with little ability to change that fact without a serious start over.

Call me crazy, but I think the Chiefs are being built as a better contender to those teams that our beloved Broncos... that D will be better, and they are building a nice stout O-line.

damn.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #64
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I'd upgrade

MLB
S
CB
WR
RB (With speed)
DE
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #65
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Trade Von Miller to the Ravens for their 17th pick and take CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama. Then take Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford with the 31st pick. 2nd round take Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford. Let Decker, Woodyard and Champ go. Sign Jairus Byrd, S, Bills. Rahim should be back, healthy. Sign DRC, if reasonable. Who knows about Wolfe? Keep Ayres depending on Wolfe's status. Better try to hang on to Phillips, also depending, if reasonable. 3rd round: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor. Beadles? Nope. Knowshon? Sorry. Bye. Sign Unrein and Harris.. Trindon? Bye. Carter, Marshall, bye. Ihenacho? Keep if reasonable. 4th round: Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida. Caldwell keep. The rest? On a case by case basis depending on $. 5th round: Chris Davis, CB, Auburn. 6th and 7th rounds? BPA
Old 02-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #66
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Trade Von Miller to the Ravens for their 17th pick and take CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama. Then take Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford with the 31st pick. 2nd round take Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford. Let Decker, Woodyard and Champ go. Sign Jairus Byrd, S, Bills. Rahim should be back, healthy. Sign DRC, if reasonable. Who knows about Wolfe? Keep Ayres depending on Wolfe's status. Better try to hang on to Phillips, also depending, if reasonable. 3rd round: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor. Beadles? Nope. Knowshon? Sorry. Bye. Sign Unrein and Harris.. Trindon? Bye. Carter, Marshall, bye. Ihenacho? Keep if reasonable. 4th round: Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida. Caldwell keep. The rest? On a case by case basis depending on $. 5th round: Chris Davis, CB, Auburn. 6th and 7th rounds? BPA
Trade Von Miller to the ravens? wha?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #67
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Trade Von Miller to the ravens? wha?
He's one infraction away from taking a year off. How helpful was he this season? Let the Ratbirds take the gamble. I don't get the Von love.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #68
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He's one infraction away from taking a year off. How helpful was he this season? Let the Ratbirds take the gamble. I don't get the Von love.
I'll take my chances on him. And what would the Ravens want him for? They already have Doom and Suggs
Old 02-03-2014, 11:09 AM   #69
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Is it still win now? Manning has one year left IMO. You have an offseason that helps 2014, or one that's gonna help 2015 and beyond?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #70
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Is it still win now? Manning has one year left IMO. You have an offseason that helps 2014, or one that's gonna help 2015 and beyond?
If Manning is here, its win now. What other choice do we have?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #71
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I could be OK trading him, but you need at least a top 5 pick or 2 first rounders. And trade him to a team like Cleveland where it won't come back to kick us in the *** later.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #72
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I'll take my chances on him. And what would the Ravens want him for? They already have Doom and Suggs
Suggs is 31, got one sack in the second half of the season, and the Ravens are about to take a major cap hit for him.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #73
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Suggs is 31, got one sack in the second half of the season, and the Ravens are about to take a major cap hit for him.
Id still rather keep Von.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:21 AM   #74
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why trade miller when his value is at its lowest? One infraction away on a busted knee?
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #75
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
I could be OK trading him, but you need at least a top 5 pick or 2 first rounders. And trade him to a team like Cleveland where it won't come back to kick us in the *** later.
Von's the only guy we have that forces turnovers. After re-watching the entire season leading up to last night he was way more impact-full than I remember. We desperately need more turnovers. We need the 2012 Von back in a big way.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote