The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #26
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Jesus people.... read the quote. he said that the ON THAT PLAY, the crowd noise was an influence. And it handed momentum over that we would never recapture.

Frankly, I was expecting a more pro-Bronco crowd. We have a bigger natural following, plus the PFM factor, I was certainly not expecting it to feel like a road game from a crowd point off view.

Obviously, this team **** the bed but that isnt the point here.
Paul Allen's idea of the 12th man was an absolute stroke of genius.

It literally gives fans the right and obligation to be loud as ****. It's almost a self fulfilling prophecy type thing.

Not to say Seattle fans weren't loud before...they definitely brought it to another level since 12th man.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #27
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Did tamme say the broncos fans sucked?
no, he didn't....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #28
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
no, he didn't....
I did though.

The difference was clear as night and day...talking to some friends around the country and different places in the world... they said generally they don't notice it but when Manning had the ball, Seahawks fans were loud as ****.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #29
HELLHAMMER
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I didn't notice a difference through my TV speakers and I have surround sound.
HELLHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #30
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

cut
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #31
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLHAMMER View Post
I didn't notice a difference through my TV speakers and I have surround sound.
lol you probably were sucked into whatever emotions you had going on.

When Peyton had the ball it was extremely difficult for him to communicate, just as any away game.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #32
NASurfer
orange/blue

Hungry Playmaker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Well... with the crowd, tickets were easier and cheaper to get then most years. Then you have employers like Boeing handing out 10k bonuses company wide (largest employer in WA state) just a couple of weeks ago. If Seahawk fans wanted to travel they certainly had the means and ticket availability was there.
NASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #33
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought the 12th man was invented somewhere down in Texas.

Kinda like teams calling themselves "nation" yet only occupying one city through their existence.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #34
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
lol you probably were sucked into whatever emotions you had going on.

When Peyton had the ball it was extremely difficult for him to communicate, just as any away game.
I thought it was loud no matter who had the ball.

Broncos choked as a team. Multiple bad snaps, Manning's arm hit on a pick 6 because Franklin (I believe) was owned, no run game to speak of, Kick returns for TD's INT's for TD's, Fumbles after big plays by WR's, near fumbles after a decent KR, Owned on D on 3rd downs (this and the turnovers really hurt the most), bad coaching choices.

Wasn't the crowd noise, it wasn't just one thing, it was a lot of fail at every level.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #35
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I thought it was loud no matter who had the ball.

Broncos choked as a team. Multiple bad snaps, Manning's arm hit on a pick 6 because Franklin (I believe) was owned, no run game to speak of, Kick returns for TD's INT's for TD's, Fumbles after big plays by WR's, near fumbles after a decent KR, Owned on D on 3rd downs (this and the turnovers really hurt the most), bad coaching choices.

Wasn't the crowd noise, it wasn't just one thing, it was a lot of fail at every level.
It was fail at every level...but the Seahawks crowd was obviously louder.

I think some of you are either biased or not sure what you're seeing. People were disagreeing with me when I called out the Denver crowd during the NE game, because Denver was loud as **** during the SD game the week prior. Even Simms said it was louder the week prior.

But fans on here claimed in the was the same on "their tv."

Not true at all. I have both games recorded. The SD game was rockin.

This **** tonight just cements the fact that Seattle's fan base is much louder and more energetic than Denver's fan base.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #36
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver fans are really passive. It is what it is.

Just go watch the post game of the AFC championship game and the NFC championship game.

It was like Denver fans were scared to cheer after the game was over.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:53 PM   #37
HELLHAMMER
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

From what I heard only a small % of the tickets sold to the Super Bowl originated from either of the two teams home states. I've never personally met a Seahawk fan and I live in Virginia. I know a bunch of Bronco fans though. Maybe the Seahawks had a lot of NFL fans jump on the bandwagon because they like the idea of being part of a group - the 12th man.
HELLHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #38
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
Tamme blames fan when the team didn't show up, that takes balls, don't let the door hit you on the way out...
Yeah, **** him.

Nobody has ever been bothered by noise at ****ing corporate *super bowl*
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #39
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLHAMMER View Post
From what I heard only a small % of the tickets sold to the Super Bowl originated from either of the two teams home states. I've never personally met a Seahawk fan and I live in Virginia. I know a bunch of Bronco fans though. Maybe the Seahawks had a lot of NFL fans jump on the bandwagon because they like the idea of being part of a group - the 12th man.
Its 17.5% of some unknown baseline qty. From there is the sale on the open market and that is where they cleaned up. The hawks fans traveled well.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:28 PM   #40
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
So this was worse than having the biggest point differential ever set on us?

I don't think so.

Hell even the 2nd Quarter in the Redskin game was more embarrassing than this. Grow up and get over it.
We were actually favorites in this game. That game we were massive underdogs. You get the difference yes?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #41
ak1971
uhhhh

To The Broncos:

You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic mother****ers. Mother****ers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:28 AM   #42
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Quote:
Just like I've said all along. Don't bring the noise...was weak in the New England game and weak in the Super Bowl. I swear when Manning had the ball from get go it was louder than any Broncos game this year.
I find it funny that you call out the fans when you don't even go to the games. It's really laughable that you're sitting on your couch complaining about fans attending the games. It's like someone on welfare complaining because they're not getting enough money. If every fan took your lead, the team would be playing in an empty stadium.

I've been to a lot of games and the New England game was probably the loudest I've been to at that stadium. Just because they toned it down on the television doesn't mean it wasn't loud.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #43
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
I find it funny that you call out the fans when you don't even go to the games. It's really laughable that you're sitting on your couch complaining about fans attending the games. It's like someone on welfare complaining because they're not getting enough money. If every fan took your lead, the team would be playing in an empty stadium.

I've been to a lot of games and the New England game was probably the loudest I've been to at that stadium. Just because they toned it down on the television doesn't mean it wasn't loud.
Your analogy sucks. It doesn't even make sense. Considering I don't live in Denver, or the state of Colorado, or even near it...no I don't go to the games. How did you compare that to being on welfare and complaining about money?

The San Diego game was louder, and the crowd was 10x more amp'd for that game than the NE game. Phil Simms said the same.

And no, they're not going to "tone it down on the the television." The camera was shaking during the SD game. I guess they brought it some new equipment and rebuilt the foundation for the cameras the next week to prevent that right?

As I said, all you need to do is watch the celebration of the AFC championship game and the NFC championship game... it doesn't take a genius to figure this **** out. But it does take a delusional person to deny it.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:35 AM   #44
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

CUT THAT MEAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This pretty much sums it up

Quote:
AST RUTHERFORD, NJ - FEBRUARY 2: John Harding of Colorado Springs sits in the concourse during the 3rd quarter. He said the Seattle fans never sit down and he can't see the game. "You know, it's like we didn't show up. It's a bummer. It reminds me of the old Super Bowls. It's depressing. It's really tough." He paid $3,200 for a ticket. The Denver Broncos vs the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey Sunday, February 2, 2014. (Photo by Craig F. Walker/The Denver Post)
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:41 AM   #45
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
This pretty much sums it up
I remember when I went to a game in Denver and I was told to sit down by some fans behind me because I was amp'd up when the Broncos were on offense This was Tebow's last year as a Bronco. Broncos fans are passive.

That story does pretty much sum it up though...but you know we got some delusional fans on here thinking it was the same or couldn't notice a difference on "their tv."

I don't get it, the Broncos were turnt all the way up during the Chargers game...then went back into b**** and spoiled mode afterwards. That AFC championship celebration was pathetic.

Broncos crowd was louder in the 4th quarter during the 2011 season with Tim Tebow than any games the past 2 years minus SD game.

Last edited by Action; 02-03-2014 at 04:46 AM..
Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #46
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I don't know what some of you jokers are reading, but in no way did Tamme insult the Denver fans, unless more was said than what was posted in the first post. What he says is true, Seattle fans clearly outnumbered Broncos fans by a lot and were much louder when the Broncos O was on the field.

Probably the loudest Super Bowl I've ever heard.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #47
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I thought the 12th man was invented somewhere down in Texas.

Kinda like teams calling themselves "nation" yet only occupying one city through their existence.
Yes. Texas A&M owns the rights to "12th Man". They are ALLOWING Seattle to use that concept. Paul Allen didn't create anything of the sort...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #48
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Just like I've said all along. Don't bring the noise...was weak in the New England game and weak in the Super Bowl. I swear when Manning had the ball from get go it was louder than any Broncos game this year.

The thing is: Seattle fans *were* extremely loud to start the game, but Manning's antics on the first play suggest he thought he was playing a home game in Denver. Why else would he approach the line multiple times, change the play call, and try to be the field general from the shotgun formation?

What dumbass thought it would be a good idea to line up in shotgun formation for the first play? Why not be a little more cautious to start the game, and call some reasonably safe and high-percentage plays to get things going?
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #49
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Yes. Texas A&M owns the rights to "12th Man". They are ALLOWING Seattle to use that concept. Paul Allen didn't create anything of the sort...
The Seahawks are licensing the right to use the term.

Details: http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciaje...xposure-rises/

===

"[I]n 2006 Texas A&M filed a trademark lawsuit against the Seattle Seahawks stemming from the NFL team’s use of the “12th Man” phrase. The lawsuit was ultimately settled, the terms of which included the Seahawks paying Texas A&M $100,000 and a subsequent $5,000 annual licensing fee for five years with a right to renew the agreement thereafter. In 2011 the Seahawks renewed the agreement for another five years, taking the deal through 2016.

As the 2016 expiration of the license agreement approaches and the success of the Seahawks continues to rise, reports indicate that the sides have begun renegotiation discussions. However, newly minted issues will likely drive the licensing fee Texas A&M receives under the deal to dollar amounts much greater than $5,000 annually."

===

I imagine that Paul Allen will not have a problem paying for a more expensive licensing arrangement. He probably makes enough money taking a 5-minute dump to pay Texas A&M a king's ransom for the next thousand years.

Out
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:30 AM   #50
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I was at the NE game..it was not weak. It was extremely loud, don't know how it could have been much louder.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote