The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 AM   #26
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I can't wait any longer to destroy these punks and hoist that trophy. I want all the Clayton's of the world to eat their **** pie and suck it.

I think it's funny how so many people don't give the best offense in NFL history any credit here. Clayton saying we would come in 3rd place in the NFC West. Fuc him, he would come in 1st place in a your head looks like a bowling ball contest.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:35 AM   #27
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I really don't know. I'm a homer so I'm generally leaning toward us winning, but I can see two scenarios.

Scenario One

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. They also get enough pressure on Wilson to force some throws that don't hit their mark. Percy Harvin is rusty and isn't much of a factor in the passing game and the end around plays don't fool anybody. Denver's offense looks about the same except they are running the ball better. After grinding out a couple of field goals, but allowing no points by the Seahawks, Denver breaks open a touchdown and slowly pulls away. Seattle manages to put up a few scores but they run out of time. Denver wins 27-16.

Scenario Two

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. However Wilson uses his elusiveness to throw several deep balls that find their mark. Some are on third and long, when they seemingly have Wilson bottled up, but he escapes at the last minute in a brilliant display and his receivers make great catches that someone get wide open. It reminds everyone of the Dallas game. Denver's receivers struggle with the muggy nature of the Seattle secondary and the cold day causes some drops to fall into the hands of the Seattle Secondary. Percy Harvin has some effective plays and returns a punt for a score. Lynch is able to grind out a late drive to abort a failed comeback. Denver's mistakes do them in and Seattle outlasts them 24-20.

Scenario 3

Both teams go back and forth in a surprisingly good shoot out. Denver attacks surgically. Wilson free lances. Neither running game seems able to get going. Both teams get some key turnovers and by mid fourth quarter Seattle is up by three and driving. Carroll gambles and goes for the TD on fourth down on our goal line and we hold. With 5:37 left on the clock, Manning orchestrates one of the longest drives in SB history throwing the go-head touchdown to Wes Welker, who hangs on as he's sandwiched mid-air between both Seattle safeties and comes down on his neck with 18 seconds left on the clock. In an appropriate ending, Russel Wilson's hail Mary at the end of the game is picked off by Champ Bailey in the final seconds and he walks off a SB Champion at last. Broncos 28-24.
Not sure how you left out the scenario where Manning turns in his Magnum Opus and outright obliterates the #1 pass defense in the league leading to a 41-20 final score (or something similar). Not what I would predict that per se, but it's quite possible given the insane things he's managed this year.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:37 AM   #28
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I can't wait any longer to destroy these punks and hoist that trophy. I want all the Clayton's of the world to eat their **** pie and suck it.

I think it's funny how so many people don't give the best offense in NFL history any credit here. Clayton saying we would come in 3rd place in the NFC West. Fuc him, he would come in 1st place in a your head looks like a bowling ball contest.
The opinions of retards really aren't worth this strong of a response. Seriously you are talking about John Clayton. That dude is never right about anything.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:43 AM   #29
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Not sure how you left out the scenario where Manning turns in his Magnum Opus and outright obliterates the #1 pass defense in the league leading to a 41-20 final score (or something similar). Not what I would predict that per se, but it's quite possible given the insane things he's managed this year.
Yeah for some reason I think that could happen, but can't visualize it. I have made a comment in another thread that this could be like Broncos Vs. Niners. Denver had a good scoring defense and a strong secondary that just got totally out-schemed.

I know we're going to play well. But I don't know if we're going to play that well, and I think we could lose this game. It will come down to a few clutch plays.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:44 AM   #30
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

10/10, will smash
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 AM   #31
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Yeah for some reason I think that could happen, but can't visualize it. I have made a comment in another thread that this could be like Broncos Vs. Niners. Denver had a good scoring defense and a strong secondary that just got totally out-schemed.

I know we're going to play well. But I don't know if we're going to play that well, and I think we could lose this game. It will come down to a few clutch plays.
Like I said, I'm not predicting it, but then I wouldn't have predicted the season Manning just had. I'd be scared if I was a Seahawk fan.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #32
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Very confident we will win.

Broncos are the team of destiny this season. Talking heads on the radio and TV have conveniently ignored the adversity the Broncos have faced since the end of last season. From losing in OT to the Ravens, multiple offseason DUIs, injuries piling up at key positions, HC nearly dies on a golf course.

Every other team in the NFL would have fallen apart given those circumstances, not the Broncos. Why? We're the team of destiny.

Broncos in a blowout, I just have a feeling that Manning & Co. want to put an exclamation point to this amazing season.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:56 AM   #33
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
10/10, will smash
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #34
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I’ve been lousy at predicting scenarios and scores this year, but pretty good at predicting outcomes. Three times I had bad feelings leading up to a game. The first was @Dallas, and Denver barely got away with that one.

The second was @Indy, which may have been Denver’s worst performance in terms of self-destructing. (4 turnovers, including a Hillman fumble inside the 5 with 3:03 to go, numerous dumb penalties on the Denver D throughout the second half, Von Miller sluggish on the first game back after his suspension, Champ getting re-injured almost immediately, Manning sacked 4 times – 20% of the season total, etc.)

The third was the Thursday nighter vs. San Diego. The Broncos were bellyaching all week about even having to play that game. You just KNEW they were going to deliver a flat performance against a team that was playing for its entire season.

I didn’t see the New England loss coming, especially after the first half. Hopefully, that was an aberration.

I guess the good news is that I don’t have a “bad” feeling about the upcoming game. I think Denver is ready for it and I don’t think the hype will distract them very much.
Much of the talk is about Denver’s receivers vs. Seattle’s secondary. The Broncos don’t have to win all of those matchups. They don’t even have to win half of them. If on any given play they win even one of them, there’s a pretty good chance Manning will take advantage of it. And they don’t even need to do that every down.

Seattle’s offense is primarily a rushing attack. Denver’s defense has played well against the run for most of the year and that seems to have improved in the last month. What’s more is that Lynch is most effective between the tackles – not so much when he runs east-west. But with Pot Roast emerging, that seems to be where Denver is strongest as well.

There’s no doubt that Denver’s rush defense has benefitted to some extent from teams going to the pass in the second half of games. But that doesn’t happen unless the D is able to contain opposing rushing attacks in the first half and – by and large – they’ve done that.

Rushing attacks featuring bulldozer backs – even fast ones like Lynch – work best in close games or in games in which the O has the lead, because they can grind down an opponent. Seattle might not have that luxury here.

As a matter of course, this game could go either way. Nothing can protect anyone from stupid penalties, untimely injuries at key positions and sloppy turnovers. But I like Denver’s chances in this one and I think they win this game three times out of four.

Unfortunately, it’s not a series, so I’ll be as nervous as anyone else.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #35
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I think we lead the game, most of it if not all of it.

Seattle nearly lost at home. They fumbled several times and in spite of several SF fumbles, still relied on a late bad throw by Kaepernick. They did not look like a strong, Super Bowl-ready team in the NFC title game. Denver, however, did.
to me this is the statement that is the truest that I have seen in ALL threads and forums. No matter who you are for.... ESPN is making me nervous all this talk about the SeaHawks but then I think back to those to championship games and its no contest.....
Chrissy Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #36
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Feeling strangely confident. If we don't beat ourselves, we win.

Quiet first half, and the halftime show will be discussing Seattle's defense being the story of the game, 10-7 or 7-3 after one half.

Second half, we score out of the gate. We get a stop and score again. And with a 10 or 14 point lead, Seattle has to abandon the run while we play keep away with our running game.

34-20, Broncos.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #37
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Feeling strangely confident. If we don't beat ourselves, we win.

Quiet first half, and the halftime show will be discussing Seattle's defense being the story of the game, 10-7 or 7-3 after one half.

Second half, we score out of the gate. We get a stop and score again. And with a 10 or 14 point lead, Seattle has to abandon the run while we play keep away with our running game.

34-20, Broncos.
Second part of your first sentence. Frame it..post it on bulletin board. Just play a complete game and the glory is alllllll ours.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #38
HELLHAMMER
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would be less confident if they were playing the 9ers. I'm pretty relaxed about this matchup. Anything can happen of course.
HELLHAMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #39
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Always nervous, every game, that's just he way I roll I guess. I like Kaylore's analysis and agree that this game could take one of several looks based on tempo and early execution.

I also agree with Old Dude with his 3 of 4 comment. To me the key is Denver capitalizing on that 3 of 4 advantage and realizing we need to impose our will on this game.

Denver needs to come out aggressive but within their gameplan to score on two of the first first three possessions, hold Seattle to 3 first half three and outs, score right before the half and you have effectively taken Seattle out of their game plan by the third quarter. That's what I want to see because from there, it feels very unlikely that Seattle can play a comeback game to win (if Rivers and Brady couldn't pull off that trick, I'm confident Wilson cannot either).

What I really hope doesn't happen is for Denver to come out timid, flat, and conservative to not put anything on the scoreboard. That's just begging Lynch to break off a 60 yarder early in the second half, causing the O to press and resulting in a Sherman pick-6.

Bottom line, I'm not one for predictions but this is the Broncos' game to lose. If we are aggressive enough to impose our will and turn it into our kind of game, we win. If not, we still could win but it could easily go either way.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #40
Samiwindr
Seasoned Veteran

I'm nervous as hell, but I honestly feel our team will be more focused and prepared mentally for 60 minutes of football. I think we'll weather a storm of Seahawk energy in the first quarter and then settle into slowly choking the life out of em' until the clock hits .00. "Hear that Carrol? That... is the sound of inevitability."

GO BRONCOS!!!! FINISH.
Samiwindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:07 AM   #41
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Honestly, game planning will come into play as much anything else. I've warmed on Fox as a coach this year but still worry that the worst thing that could happen is us getting in our own way by being too safe, to risk averse, too conservative.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #42
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I guess I just feel like they know we are going to dink and dunk which we should definitely continue to do. My sense though is that a big play will dramatically increase our ability to do so the rest of the game.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #43
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

It comes down to turnovers, we don't turn it over we win easily, 35-20
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #44
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
I really don't know. I'm a homer so I'm generally leaning toward us winning, but I can see two scenarios.

Scenario One

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. They also get enough pressure on Wilson to force some throws that don't hit their mark. Percy Harvin is rusty and isn't much of a factor in the passing game and the end around plays don't fool anybody. Denver's offense looks about the same except they are running the ball better. After grinding out a couple of field goals, but allowing no points by the Seahawks, Denver breaks open a touchdown and slowly pulls away. Seattle manages to put up a few scores but they run out of time. Denver wins 27-16.

Scenario Two

Denver shuts down Lynch, as they have all running backs this year. However Wilson uses his elusiveness to throw several deep balls that find their mark. Some are on third and long, when they seemingly have Wilson bottled up, but he escapes at the last minute in a brilliant display and his receivers make great catches that someone get wide open. It reminds everyone of the Dallas game. Denver's receivers struggle with the muggy nature of the Seattle secondary and the cold day causes some drops to fall into the hands of the Seattle Secondary. Percy Harvin has some effective plays and returns a punt for a score. Lynch is able to grind out a late drive to abort a failed comeback. Denver's mistakes do them in and Seattle outlasts them 24-20.

Scenario 3

Both teams go back and forth in a surprisingly good shoot out. Denver attacks surgically. Wilson free lances. Neither running game seems able to get going. Both teams get some key turnovers and by mid fourth quarter Seattle is up by three and driving. Carroll gambles and goes for the TD on fourth down on our goal line and we hold. With 5:37 left on the clock, Manning orchestrates one of the longest drives in SB history throwing the go-head touchdown to Wes Welker, who hangs on as he's sandwiched mid-air between both Seattle safeties and comes down on his neck with 18 seconds left on the clock. In an appropriate ending, Russel Wilson's hail Mary at the end of the game is picked off by Champ Bailey in the final seconds and he walks off a SB Champion at last. Broncos 28-24.
I'm good with Scenarios' 2 or 3 ... though 'Scenario 4' Id much prefer, with Denver jumping to a big 1st quarter lead with a pick 6 early on a bit too jacked up Seattle offense, followed by a 3 and out with Trindon or Decker returning Hawks kick for 7 to spot the Broncos 14-0 before Manning and the offense even get on the field.

After another punt on drive three. Manning takes over and orchestrates an 80 yard precision drive making it 21 zip at the end of quarter one. Half time score is 35 -0 ( maybe 35-3) Broncos who also score on a long drive to open the second half to bury even the most idealistic of Hawks hopes and the rest of the game is a prolonged exercise in which the Hawks though a lot of Hail Mary's and the Broncos try to run out the clock as quickly as possible .. an effort even the Hawks silently by into by the 4th quarter just wanting to get off the field and reboot next year.

Final score in scenario 4 Broncos win 45- 17.

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-30-2014 at 11:54 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #45
dictionary
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
I feel the same way!

I felt the same way vs. NE in the playoffs as well...
TBH, I was more nervous about the SD Divisional game than any other this season.
dictionary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #46
Agapeman
Tebowing

I have had a good gut feeling about which way things are going all year, good and bad, I felt bad about the Thur, SD game, felt good about the divisional game but that one made me the most nervous. Then the championship game for some reason I was totally confident that we would take care of business against the patriots. I have a great feeling about this game and it may not be as close as most are expecting. I would be more concerned if the 9ers got in. I've got Denver winning 34-24 but not being as close as the score may indicate in the end.
Agapeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #47
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD4HOF View Post
Lynch knocks out 3 defenders on his first carry. Sherman single handedly devastates Denver’s D. Elway ultimately resigns.

Seahawks 36-0.
YOUR SO WRONG THE SCORE IS TOO CLOSE !!! this is whats going to happen manning gets broken in half oz hears hes going in and dies of fright Fox suffers a fatal heart attack. pat bowlen winds up getting stinking drunk and tries to go in as the whole team and gets pummeled to death by the mighty seahawks who have the best defense offense ever!!!!.
CBS will then switch over to heidi again after the first quarter.
meanwhile the citizens of colorado and denver will burn down invesco sports authority field. Obama will take Colorado out of the USA.
the NFL will remove the Broncos from the NFL and remove all references about them from the record books .
oh the score will be seattle 999999999 Denver minus infinity .
we got no hope nor change
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #48
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Denver by 7. Considering how Seattle performed at home in the playoffs, I'm not that impressed with their prowess. Denver is playing much cleaner, consistent football. While the media hypes Richard Sherman, we have 2 top DBs on our own. As good as their defense is, they don't have the #1 defense of all time and there's no way they're going to stop 5 players with at least 10 TDs. Just not going to happen.

Last check about an hour ago, forecast is sunny and 43 degrees.

Antonio Cromartie: Seahawks Defense Isn't Enough to Stop Broncos
That's an objective analysis and a perspective I share. Solid interview. SeaCock fans need to watch this in their quake.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos 34, Hawks 17 They can't hang with Denver.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #50
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The Seahawks rely too much on rotating the front 7 in and out. Manning is an evil QB. He will have figured out a way to go hurry up at just the right time trapping a certain group of defenders on the field.

IMO it will be the big group. Once they put in the run stopping package and we get a first down on them it will be on. Manning will call the plays at the LOS and keep them on the field.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote