The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Default Last time the Seahawks made the Super Bowl, they blamed the refs

When the Seahawks lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, the team and pretty much the fan base blamed it on the refs. While it did appear that a number of close calls went the Steelers way, that was a holding by the right tackle on that pass play that got the Seahawks down to the one yard line, that was offensive pass interference in the endzone that took a touchdown off the board for the Seahawks, and Ben Roethlisberger did make it into the end zone on that goal line play (even if he were short, they probably go for it on 4th down and they get it anyways.)

Hopefully the refs won't play a role in this game at all.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

The refs were pretty retarded in that one. It felt like they were making calls to get Jerome a ring.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
When the Seahawks lost to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, the team and pretty much the fan base blamed it on the refs. While it did appear that a number of close calls went the Steelers way, that was a holding by the right tackle on that pass play that got the Seahawks down to the one yard line, that was offensive pass interference in the endzone that took a touchdown off the board for the Seahawks, and Ben Roethlisberger did make it into the end zone on that goal line play (even if he were short, they probably go for it on 4th down and they get it anyways.)

Hopefully the refs won't play a role in this game at all.
Seattle got screwed in that Super Bowl. My god one of the worst officiated Super Bowls ever and EVREy call went against Seattle... It was sad.

I hope it continues, no sense in breaking tradition!!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #4
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

The three biggest calls that I remembered, which I stated above, were all correct from the way that I saw it. I can't think of any game changing calls outside of those three that were questionable.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I thought the refs sucked. Seahawks fans had a case of favoritism for Steelers.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #6
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I thought the ones that Seahawks fans were mad about were bad calls. But I'd also be interested in knowing what, and if any, calls went against Pittsburgh. If you win, you don't complain as much. I'm not sure if this was the case then.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:03 AM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I've been telling all my Seahawk friends to remember that the Zebra is a HORSE!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:23 AM   #8
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

They were still up 3 points when the last bad call was made.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #9
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
They were still up 3 points when the last bad call was made.
They coulda been up 13-17.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:07 AM   #10
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

If you allow the refs to change the game you lost the game.

I'll always believe that because I've always believed they've (NFL) has dictated to the officials.

The week the Donks played the Pats there was almost no PI called and the Pats mugged you. They very next week it was flags all over.

There's no consistency from game to game...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
The three biggest calls that I remembered, which I stated above, were all correct from the way that I saw it. I can't think of any game changing calls outside of those three that were questionable.
That game the NFL was exposed. Worst officiated Super Bowl I've ever seen. Shehawks truly did need to beat the Steelers and the officials that game. They were robbed!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:31 AM   #12
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bucky Dilts

GMAFB! The ONLY SB where the team that had the most yardage, time of posession, won the TO battle lost the game. Why? Refs. End of story.
Of course we have been getting screwed ever since Hocchuli screwed up, so hopefully the zebras are not a factor either way.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:33 AM   #13
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol#7 View Post
Of course we have been getting screwed ever since Hocchuli screwed up, so hopefully the zebras are not a factor either way.
Hocchuli is by far, without a doubt, the one man you don't want calling your game...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 AM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol#7 View Post
GMAFB! The ONLY SB where the team that had the most yardage, time of posession, won the TO battle lost the game. Why? Refs. End of story.
Not to mention the worst QB performance by the winning team EVER in a SB. I don't normally believe that refs "cause" a team to win or lose with a couple of bad calls, but that was so outrageous and obvious.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:36 AM   #15
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

That game was poorly reffed.

The defensive holding that is being allowed by the refs will really tell me a lot early on in the game for it will be called. If they are tight with the flag, then I hope its just consistent.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:47 AM   #16
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seattle did get soem bad calls in that game. Walking around downtown after the game, the Seahwk fans tears were so delicious though.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #17
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
The referee from the game disagrees. Even HE admitted they made two bad calls that directly impacted the result of the game.

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked, and admitted to having blown calls:[20]

It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better ... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough ... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[21]

The Super Bowl XL officiating controversy was later listed as #8 on the NFL's list of the top ten controversial calls of all time.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XL
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 AM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I'm sure the refs will want to make up for that in this game. Right? Maybe they feel that they owe the Seahawks a SB victory?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:42 AM   #19
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

As much as I'd like to jump on them, they did get hosed a couple times.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 AM   #20
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
Hocchuli is by far, without a doubt, the one man you don't want calling your game...
He called Superbowl 32.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #21
jmz313
Ring of Famer

The game was so poorly ref'd that Bill Leavy the Head official of the game apologized a few seasons ago to seahawks fans.

from wiki...

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked:[5]
“ It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better.... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough.... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[6]
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 AM   #22
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
The game was so poorly ref'd that Bill Leavy the Head official of the game apologized a few seasons ago to seahawks fans.

from wiki...

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked:[5]
It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better.... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough.... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[6]
I don't buy it. One of the reasons is that he had this prepared and went into it without being asked. And if it's about taking ownership why did he wait so long until he happened to be in Seattle.

Something's fishy with this.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 AM   #23
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Seahawks got hosed in that game by the refs, 2nd worst officiating I've seen (Broncos/Ravens last year being #1). They called Hasslebeck for an illegal low block when he made a tackle after throwing an interception....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #24
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeah that was the one game I felt like they were trying really hard to give Bettis a ring because he was in his hometown. It was pretty crappy.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #25
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

that superbowl sucked
Attached Images

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote