The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 41 - SUPERBOWL Edition - vs Seattle

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Beautiful -- heading up to Dubai on a business trip this afternoon, will have your dulcet tones in my ear the whole way....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I would have gone with mellifluous, but that's just me...
Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

SoCal is such a joke with his Bowlen hate. I stopped listening at the point where he refused to give him any credit for the current state of the Broncos.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:05 AM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

SUPERBOWL!

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:40 AM   #6
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #7
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Woo hoo! something I am going to keep bumping to the top of the page today until the troll threads are moved to the butt where they belong. Thanks again for this and I hope my boy Archer is on this one and okay my faux hubby Khan too.
Miss I. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Relevant to this episode:

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #9
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
SoCal is such a joke with his Bowlen hate. I stopped listening at the point where he refused to give him any credit for the current state of the Broncos.
Had to shut her down after minute 4:45. Bowlen has had his personal issues but he has certainly stepped aside from the microphone, been cutting the checks, made the bold move to toss his buddy shanny, and bring in John.

SoCal buddy. Lighten up!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #10
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Bowlen fired SoCal's favorite coach. And SoCal doesn't forgive.

That said, it's too bad you guys shut down the entire podcast because of one thing one overly-emotional person said from a panel of 5 people.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:41 AM   #11
Samiwindr
Seasoned Veteran

Bowlen has been a consistent owner over the years and it's reflected in a consistently good Broncos team. Look across the league at teams like Bills, Browns, Lions, Cardinals, Cowboys, Bucs, Dolphins. They all suffer from some form of poor management at that top.

Bowlen is right up there with Arthur Blank, Jeffrey Lurie, and the Rooney's. Shanahan was starting to lose the team. It can happen after 14 seasons. Players get tired of the message. You can only fire so many defensive coordinators before pointing the finger at yourself. In hindsight, JMCD was a terrible decision, but Pat went for a young OC from a hot team and I'm sure Josh talked a good game in the interview. You have to commend Bowlen for cutting the cord so quickly once we all knew he wasn't the right guy.

This 7th SB trip is happening because he made some great personnel decisions at the executive level. Elway landed Manning. Fox and Del Rio have righted the ship (even though I still think Fox is too conservative - we're in the Fkn SB!).
Samiwindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:46 AM   #12
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Bowlen fired SoCal's favorite coach. And SoCal doesn't forgive.

That said, it's too bad you guys shut down the entire podcast because of one thing one overly-emotional person said from a panel of 5 people.
I don't listen for this reason. On a great Super Bowl run everyone should be enjoying and talking about and he pulls out the same old tired crap

IMO, Sounds like 4 can do the job of 5.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

You guys are nuts. SoCal brings a MASSIVE amount of insight and knowledge to the table in every one of these things.

Why so serious?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #14
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

That's fine with me. I don't agree with SoCal on Bowlen, but I do agree with him on just about all of his views where the actual game is concerned. I don't feel like I need to agree with everyone on everything to give them a fair hearing.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #15
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bowlen trusted Shanny who abused the power and about sunk the ship.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I should have left it alone, but SoCal fascinates me. His takes mean a lot to me not only because of his tremendous knowledge, but because he carries the emotion of the game in his heart like very few fans do. It's awesome. He's easily one of my favorite people in the world.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #17
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

SoCal is good people. He loves the Broncos, and specific Broncos like family. He really felt like when Bowlen fired Shanahan he was firing a good friend. I can appreciate that. It's too bad his ridiculously negative opinion on Bowlen clouded over peoples' ability to enjoy the podcast. You'd think in a year where Bowlen has been able to put us back into the Super Bowl that would alleviate some of the disdain, or at the very least made him keep quiet about it. Oh well.

He's one guy, folks. And the rest of the takes are pretty good. You could always just fast forward to ten minutes after it starts. It's not like Mike spends the entire podcast Bowlen-bashing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Personally, IDGAF who listens. I do them because its fun to talk and document football with you guys, SoCal being a huge part of that.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #19
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Woo hoo! something I am going to keep bumping to the top of the page today until the troll threads are moved to the butt where they belong. Thanks again for this and I hope my boy Archer is on this one and okay my faux hubby Khan too.

Oh, I'm on it. Russell Wilson's silky hair and large hands, gang banging marshawn lynch and rotating big dudes.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #20
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thanks a million gents. I've been missing these. Nice work. SoCal being a huge part of this panel and always a solid and intelligent contributor.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

is there a way to subscribe to the podcast? I can't seem to just get the thing to download to my Ipad directly so I don't have to be connected to the net so I was trying to download it via my laptop to ITunes which is being a pain the ass so I saw podcast thing that says I can subscribe to stuff. Does this podcast have such a mechanism?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #22
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
is there a way to subscribe to the podcast? I can't seem to just get the thing to download to my Ipad directly so I don't have to be connected to the net so I was trying to download it via my laptop to ITunes which is being a pain the ass so I saw podcast thing that says I can subscribe to stuff. Does this podcast have such a mechanism?
2nded. Taco, please set this up as a normal podcast.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #23
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

okay so I just gave up and listened to it in my apartment while baking instead of downstairs in the garage washing the car. I will go listen to heavy metal while washing the damn road salt from the snow off.

anyway, while I think SoCal's inability to acknowlege Bowlen's contribution to righting the ship and the clear hand he had in bringing John back into the fold is bullheaded and aggratvating, I still find the rest of his football knowledge and discussion extremely entertaining. I for one am only holding on here for a few reason, one of which is this podcast. I am sorry the others bailed on it because they missed a very good discussion. My hope is we will actually get more of these next year. It doesn't seem like they are weekly (ahem, ahem).

At any rate, good work all. Thank you for entertaining me during my lemon bar baking. I only wish there were more to get me through the cheesecake I need to make tonight and the car washing, But a girl can't be greedy.

And hey has anyone noticed how the front page of the Mane spends most of its time b****ing about the trolls, feeding the trolls, b****ing about other Bronco fans whose fandom they hold in question (possibly accurate but who cares). Is all of this a way to deal with the nerves of going to the biggest game? Are those b****es projecting? Is this behaviour one of the three or 4 or however many stages of insanity once defined so eloquently (sarcasm here) by MacGruber (it was MacGruber right?).

Oh I did have an actual question, does anyone recall discussions about how Elway and Shanny had tense relationship since his retirement and that Elway didn't rengage until Josh McDaniels started inviting him to practice and such? I seem to recall that which makes me wonder if for all the stupidity Josh did, maybe at least he left us that, if unintentionally. (even a broken clock is right twice a day unless its miltary time and then just STFU and follow orders..heh)
Old 01-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #24
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Ok guys, thanks. That was great. I'm ready for sunday.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #25
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

DOH!
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote