The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 05:27 PM   #76
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I know he does so when referencing him as a source to support your argument doesn't carry much wieght.
This is true. I have a strict policy against listening to anything that dude says.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #77
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I don't know. Sherman is obviously one of the premiere CBs, but i don't think he's asked to do some of the same things Champ (in past years), PP, Haden, or Revis have been asked to do. and he's surrounded by an absolute elite supporting cast that helps masks any deficiencies. I'm not trying to slight him because he's a fantastic CB, but I'd take Peterson, Haden, and Revis over Sherman without a second thought. not that my opinion matters on this one bit, but that's how i see it.
Yeah, that's my list:

1. Peterson
2. Revis
3. Haden
4. Sherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If they roll coverage that way the three receivers on the other side will have favorable matchups.
That's where I'm saying they're rolling the coverage to...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #78
andyh64000
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yeah, that's my list:

1. Peterson
2. Revis
3. Haden
4. Sherman

That's where I'm saying they're rolling the coverage to...
Sherman led the league in passer rating against, Ints and Ints per attempt (min 1000 snaps).
If you reduce the attempt requirement to 500 he does fall to #2...behind Byron Maxwell.
andyh64000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #79
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh64000 View Post
Sherman led the league in passer rating against, Ints and Ints per attempt (min 1000 snaps).
If you reduce the attempt requirement to 500 he does fall to #2...behind Byron Maxwell.
For sure. He also lead the league in best safety support and limited role.

Hence #4.

And that's being generous.

So you're welcome.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #80
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Putting Champ in this conversation after his year of injury seems a bit silly. He has looked really good over the past 2 games, and I think (and hope) he will have a great game and 2 or 3 more great years for us. But we really don't quite know where he is yet. And I think Revis has been out as well.

So I don't really have a problem with Deon saying he has been the best this year. Doesn't mean he will be a better cb than champ historically or even on Sunday. But this year he has been better than champ.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #81
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We all were so wrong it is not even funny The wishful thinking thread.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #82
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
It's wishful thinking to expect your team to actually show up for the Super Bowl? I guess for Bronco fans that might be the case. It makes 32 and 33 feel like distant dreams that couldn't possibly have been real.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #83
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's wishful thinking to expect your team to actually show up for the Super Bowl?
No but now that I seen the game I don't think Denver had all these matchup advantages as the thread seem to point out.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #84
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
No but now that I seen the game I don't think Denver had all these matchup advantages as the thread seem to point out.
Matchups don't even factor into it. Our o-line played their worst game of the season as did Manning. Any team could've beat us with the way we played.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #85
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Naive to how soft this team was.

I'll bet SF would have whipped our ass even worse.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #86
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Naive to how soft this team was.

I'll bet SF would have whipped our ass even worse.
The closest we came to playing that bad this year was against the Colts and they took it to us too. And honestly they were much worse in the Super Bowl than they were in Indianapolis. I seriously contend almost any team in the league could've beat us the way we played. Hell that was Seattle's largest margin of victory all season and we scored just over half of what they allowed per game this year with the most prolific passing offense of all-time. I think it is quite possibly the worst game played by a team in Super Bowl history.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #87
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Matchups don't even factor into it. .
Seattle DL>>>>>>>Denver soft OL
Seattle back 7>>>>>>Denver WR, TE, and RB's
Seattle WR's>>>>>>>Bailey, Carter, S's and LB's
Seattle ST's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Denver's Special ED teams

BIG BALLS PETE's Coaching >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than oh golly me not to shabby FOX and JDR who was more worried about his wave in his hair.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #88
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
The closest we came to playing that bad this year was against the Colts and they took it to us too. And honestly they were much worse in the Super Bowl than they were in Indianapolis. I seriously contend almost any team in the league could've beat us the way we played. Hell that was Seattle's largest margin of victory all season and we scored just over half of what they allowed per game this year with the most prolific passing offense of all-time. I think it is quite possibly the worst game played by a team in Super Bowl history.
I don't disagree with any of that, but I think it does minimize a lot of what Seattle did well.

My largest pet peeves:

We seemed to refuse to run any routes PAST the sticks, and Seattle was able to tackle after the catch, eliminate yac and force the punt.

How in god's name were they NOT prepared for Percy end-arounds and a bubble screen? It's ALL he can do.

Sorry display all around.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #89
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

What do you not understand about the reality that they did not show up for the game? Team that shows up and plays out of their mind >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> team that doesn't show up and isn't prepared. There's the only matchup that matters.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #90
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of that, but I think it does minimize a lot of what Seattle did well.

My largest pet peeves:

We seemed to refuse to run any routes PAST the sticks, and Seattle was able to tackle after the catch, eliminate yac and force the punt.

How in god's name were they NOT prepared for Percy end-arounds and a bubble screen? It's ALL he can do.

Sorry display all around.
I'm not minimizing what Seattle did. They played an amazing game. That isn't why we lost by 35 points though. I don't doubt they could've still beat us if we had played well (it's hard to say since that is so far from what actually happened), but when people give them all the credit for a 35 point butt-whooping of the Broncos it kind of pisses me off because it takes away from the responsibility Denver has in the travesty that took place on Sunday. They deserve all the credit for winning the Super Bowl and Denver deserves all the blame for letting it be a blowout.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #91
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I'm not minimizing what Seattle did. They played an amazing game. That isn't why we lost by 35 points though. I don't doubt they could've still beat us if we had played well (it's hard to say since that is so far from what actually happened), but when people give them all the credit for a 35 point butt-whooping of the Broncos it kind of pisses me off because it takes away from the responsibility Denver has in the travesty that took place on Sunday. They deserve all the credit for winning the Super Bowl and Denver deserves all the blame for letting it be a blowout.
Yeah, I whole-heartedly agree.

It was Seattle that kicked the **** out of the Broncos.

...but it was the Broncos that laid down and let them.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #92
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Yeah, I whole-heartedly agree.

It was Seattle that kicked the **** out of the Broncos.

...but it was the Broncos that laid down and let them.
That's what makes Fox's comment "they're competitors. what do you do when you get knocked down?" so ironic. Because they just laid there and took it in the ass all game long. Most of them showed barely any fight.