The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #26
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Got it. The RB only opens up in the flat if the LB drops in to pressure the QB or if they end up moving to cover a slot receiver.
Really it all depends on how you define "open".

Moreno/Ball will still have a 1-on-1 with a linebacker, it's just a much smaller window since the hole is filled (or rapidly filling).
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #27
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I think Moreno and Ball will be a key to winning this game. As long as Denver can establish a run threat, and make the defense have to defend the entire field. They don't have to bust out huge gains or go TD in XXXII, just have enough of a threat to keep the defense honest, and guessing. We haven't scored a ton in the playoffs, but we have controlled the games and the tempo, much in part to having an effective run game.

They should be up to the task. I'd love to see Ball have a "breakout" type game, I think he has that kind of ability.

Edited: I watched XXXII last night, man was it fun watching TD just take over that game. He really was the "unstoppable force".
I don't see a way Red Bryant plays because SEA will be in nickle most of the time and that is a huge loss for the SEA defense and should benefit Denver's running game.

We shall see
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #28
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I agree with all of this. I am going through and re-watching all the Bronco games from this season. Ball has shown his ability early on. Even in very limited reps against teams like the Raiders and Eagles he had his moments.

I also re-watched some of the those old Super Bowl segments on NFL network they ran. (The 1985 Billy Ocean rip-off opening is the cheesiest). Anyway I watched the '77 SB that we lost to Dallas. You could tell the team was just happy to be there. They were mouthing off after the Raider game and so hyped up. Dallas was more business-like. Denver was very business-like after the Patriots game and has been pretty quiet.

Also loved watching the part of SB 33 when you see Shanahan dissect the Falcons coverage while the Falcons are on the field - and then the Broncos come right out and throw that big score to Rod Smith. It was Shanny at his best.
Props man, that's pretty die hard stuff there.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:45 PM   #29
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Props man, that's pretty die hard stuff there.
I want to reflect on this season and look back fondly on it before the big game.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:50 PM   #30
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

I hope your assessment of Percy Harvin is on the money. The analysis was short, sweet and to the point...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #31
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I hope your assessment of Percy Harvin is on the money. The analysis was short, sweet and to the point...
Remember the year that the media was going ape**** over him as "the best football player" and even had him in the MVP contention before he got hurt?

The Vikings (a hapless team concerning offensive talent that should have been crippled without him) scored more ppg without him.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #32
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I want to reflect on this season and look back fondly on it before the big game.
Oh dude, I'm just seeing this now.

That's awesome, how far are you through?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #33
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Oh dude, I'm just seeing this now.

That's awesome, how far are you through?
I just finished the Philly game last night and started Dallas.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #34
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I just finished the Philly game last night and started Dallas.
That's awesome. Midseason by show time tonight?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #35
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Thanks Rev. It's been a heckuva season, appreciate your analysis.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #36
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Thanks Rev. It's been a heckuva season, appreciate your analysis.
Anytime.

Also, regarding Percy - I found this old thing I quick threw together to make fun of a Gator/Percy fan:

^ Seahawks' results should look similar
Old 01-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #37
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

Looking at the matchup, what does get me a bit is that arguably Manning's worst game came against Jacksonville, who employed exactly the same D that Seattle will use sunday. That worries me a good deal more than our preseason asskicking tbh. The only thing is that i hope between the pair of games mentioned Gase and Manning have an ace up their sleeve cause this defence will be a step above all we faced, even the best defence of all time when it came to town week 11.

One thing we need to do though is exploit their rotations by staying up tempo, as their pass rushing front is somewhat susceptible to the run while their run front struggles a little at getting to the QB.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #38
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Looking at the matchup, what does get me a bit is that arguably Manning's worst game came against Jacksonville, who employed exactly the same D that Seattle will use sunday. That worries me a good deal more than our preseason asskicking tbh. The only thing is that i hope between the pair of games mentioned Gase and Manning have an ace up their sleeve cause this defence will be a step above all we faced, even the best defence of all time when it came to town week 11.

One thing we need to do though is exploit their rotations by staying up tempo, as their pass rushing front is somewhat susceptible to the run while their run front struggles a little at getting to the QB.
Peytons ankles have healed.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #39
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

Quote:
Peytons ankles have healed.
Could it all be attributed to that though? I mean, he got injured in that game sure but it is worth pointing out that defensive scheme gave us trouble despite the jags being utterly talentless.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #40
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
That's awesome. Midseason by show time tonight?
I have been watching too much SB media stuff. I'll get back on the grind today.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #41
SeahawkTalons
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You make some good points.

But Peyton will score, don't worry. His problem will be keeping up with Russell Wilson.
SeahawkTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #42
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Could it all be attributed to that though? I mean, he got injured in that game sure but it is worth pointing out that defensive scheme gave us trouble despite the jags being utterly talentless.
Neither the Seahawks nor jags do anything exotic with their systems.

The jags won more often than not in the back end of their schedule from there and played successful defense consideringcircumstances all season
Old 01-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #43
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

Quote:
Neither the Seahawks nor jags do anything exotic with their systems.

The jags won more often than not in the back end of their schedule from there and played successful defense consideringcircumstances all season
This is all true, but what just concerns me is that it gave us substantial trouble and the talent level on the Seahawks version of it will obviously be much higher. All the audibles and such at the line will not make anywhere near as much an impact against a defence like that as there's a lot less trickery and much more relying on good players. Hopefully Gase and Manning came up with something in the past two weeks.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #44
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Here's Deangelo Hall saying the same thing about their defense:

"They play a lot of Cover 3, but their Cover 3 is predicated on their corners pressing," Hall said. "All their linebackers still drop in coverage. Obviously they have a heck of a rush. They have probably the best safety in the game; actually two safeties, because I love Kam Chancellor."

And here's Deangelo Hall also saying that Sherman isn't the best in the league in favor of the actual best:

"To say he's the best corner in the game is a little bit, um ... I guess screwed," Hall said. "Because I love Patrick Peterson myself, personally, just things that guy does on the football field is just exciting. But you can't deny Richard Sherman's numbers. His numbers have been amazing."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rman-nfls-best
Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #45
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:

"They play a lot of Cover 3, but their Cover 3 is predicated on their corners pressing," Hall said. "All their linebackers still drop in coverage. Obviously they have a heck of a rush. They have probably the best safety in the game; actually two safeties, because I love Kam Chancellor."

And here's Deangelo Hall also saying that Sherman isn't the best in the league in favor of the actual best:

"To say he's the best corner in the game is a little bit, um ... I guess screwed," Hall said. "Because I love Patrick Peterson myself, personally, just things that guy does on the football field is just exciting. But you can't deny Richard Sherman's numbers. His numbers have been amazing."

I think you just have a Patrick Peterson Google alert imo.

Out.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #46
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

The difference between Sherman and Peterson is consistency. There is absolutely no discussion about athletic ability, Peterson wins hands down. It is the mental side of the game where Sherman wins.

I know how much talent Peterson has, he just scares me because he lacks the drive and mental capacity to get it done every play like Sherman does. Playing football comes easy to Peterson, and sometimes that hurts an ultra-talented kid on the preparation and mental consistency side.

I have been reviewing the Seahawks defense with Dad and looking at what DEN does against that scheme. Watched a lot of film this past two weeks, and I really like our chances. I just can NOT see SEA trying to play eight men in the box base defense against the 11 personnel package. That would be a dream scenario for DEN as they can utilize Julius as a fourth WR and his run blocking has drastically improved if they bring in Thurmond or Jeremy Lane.

DEN will absolutely take advantage of SEA's Front with matchups, versus trying to establish matchups in the secondary. The reverse is not true for SEA on offense though. Their read option scheme has had 2 full years of DC's figuring it out and drilling it into their players. Their WR's are not good enough to dictate matchups even against DEN's average safeties.

Even with Harvin returning, he is going to struggle mightily with Press and man coverage having not run that many reps in practice. Combine that with SEA's DB's are physical and not as fast as DEN's CB's and he might have a few short catches, screens, or running play trickery at best.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM   #47
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
The difference between Sherman and Peterson is consistency. There is absolutely no discussion about athletic ability, Peterson wins hands down. It is the mental side of the game where Sherman wins.
That's absurdly far from the reality. If he played for a team that got the attention the Seahawks have gotten the past two seasons, this wouldn't even be a conversation, let alone self-promotional rants and easier-to-play scheme.

There's a reason media talking heads call Sherman the best and actual DBs from Hall to Prime point to Peterson.

Also:

Revis is still better than Sherman.

Haden is currently better than Sherman.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #48
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkTalons View Post
You make some good points.

But Peyton will score, don't worry. His problem will be keeping up with Russell Wilson.

3357yds & 26td vs 5477 55 which do you think will have trouble keeping up?

Last edited by bfoflcommish; 01-29-2014 at 02:38 PM..
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #49
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Richard Sherman is very accurately in the same league as Johnathan Joseph

Which is a very, very high compliment. JJ's a stud.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #50
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
It had nothing to do with scheme, and it wasn't even a bad game. Seriously that scheme gives Manning zero issues in terms of making his reads.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote