The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #1
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default Futures Contracts

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...b-8dc581809500

Few guys that have had some significant time in the league - Jamar Chaney (Eagles, Falcons some this year), Charles Mitchell (Falcons), Jerome Murphy (Rams, Redskins).
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Ramon Harewood is the fascinating one for me -- my 7th round pick in the 2010 OM Mock draft, the dude is absolutely enormous. Here's my write-up from my selection in that draft:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
With the 35th selection in round 7 (242 overall), the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

OT Ramon Harewood, Morehouse

Height: 6' 6"
Weight: 358 pounds
Arm span: 35.5 inches
Hand span: 10.75 inches
40 time: 5.27 seconds
Vertical Jump: 24"
Broad Jump: 9' 03" inches

At 6-feet-6-1/2 and 358 pounds, Ramon Harewood may have been the biggest engineering student ever to attend the University of the West Indies. These days, Harewood is an offensive lineman awaiting the NFL's April 22-24 draft. The native of Barbados, an island nation of about 260,000 people, has played organized football only three years - all at Morehouse College, where he majored in applied physics and engineering. A few years ago, Harewood hadn't given football so much as a thought after spending much of his youth playing rugby, cricket, soccer and volleyball. Some colleges in Great Britain expressed interest in him coming to play rugby across the pond. Harewood decided to attend the University of the West Indies on his way to becoming an engineer. But an Atlanta track coach, Michael Grant, had attended a college fair where he spotted Harewood as a high school senior. Grant, who also had been a college football assistant coach, and Harewood exchanged pleasantries and contact information. Grant later became an assistant coach at Morehouse. When Harewood had a change of heart after a semester as a student in the Caribbean, he connected with Grant at Morehouse and enrolled at the Atlanta school during the spring of 2006. Harewood played for Morehouse the last three seasons. He is a project, but even at his immense size he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.27 seconds on a Decatur, Ga., high school field during his pro-day workout. And he has the footwork of a former soccer player. - Jeff Legwold, The Denver Post

Last edited by BowlenBall; 01-23-2014 at 08:32 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Ramon Harewood is the fascinating one for me -- my 7th round pick in the OM Mock draft, the dude is absolutely enormous. Here's my write-up from my selection in that draft:

Could be at least a practice squad possibility.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ramon Harewood is the fascinating one for me -- my 7th round pick in the 2010 OM Mock draft, the dude is absolutely enormous. Here's my write-up from my selection in that draft:
and he's not some blubbery o-lineer either- dude is massive and pretty lean
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #5
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Hey, with the way we develop OL, anytime we sign one we need to pay attention.
He might be our next Clark,Ramirez or Franklin.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote