The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #51
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Listen this wont be my crusade, I don't give that much of a ****, but this idea that hell get ignored is a pipe dream. People, including myself, get too agitated. They just add nothing to the convo and it just becomes a big fight. In my opinion, it's a waste of energy, but if I'm in the minority on this, then so be it
Well then, elevate your game and tell him all the reasons why his takes are wrong and/or suck. (which they do -- and reasons are plentiful).
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #52
Keira's Lip Balm
Solid Starter

Sup

Quote:
This is my reputation? Asinine opinions? I don't think I ever give an opinion strong enough to be described as that. Well a football related one anyway
Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) kidding!
Keira's Lip Balm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #53
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira's Lip Balm View Post
Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) kidding!
Sorry it's the morning
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #54
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Well then, elevate your game and tell him all the reasons why his takes are wrong and/or suck. (which they do -- and reasons are plentiful).
Do you bother telling a 3 year old why your head is not made of poo when he calls you a poohead? What's the point, he has no interest in debate, just to start a fight. If an opposing fan comes with intelligent dissent, I'm all for it. But this guy is trash
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #55
Keira's Lip Balm
Solid Starter

Sup

Quote:
Do you bother telling a 3 year old why your head is not made of poo when he calls you a poohead? What's the point, he has no interest in debate, just to start a fight. If an opposing fan comes with intelligent dissent, I'm all for it. But this guy is trash
If we take this analogy further, it could be argued you have an obligation to care for the three-year-old. In which case ignoring the troll is a moral failure.
Keira's Lip Balm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #56
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Why would we mods grenade a guy like this? His unbridled blind homerism is pure comedy at its finest.
Because some of the regular Broncos fans are leaving the board until after the Super Bowl because of **** like this, on what is supposed to be "OUR" board?

Just spitballin' here.

It gets old. It has gotten old, and we're still more than a week away from the game.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #57
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
If that's your assessment of him, then you have two options:

1) place him on ignore -- or

2) pwn him by enumerating all the reasons why he's FOS.

If you're gonna engage him, do so with facts and the football knowledge that I know you have.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #58
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Because some of the regular Broncos fans are leaving the board until after the Super Bowl because of **** like this, on what is supposed to be "OUR" board?

Just spitballin' here.

It gets old. It has gotten old, and we're still more than a week away from the game.
It's old because it's the exact same sh*t we heard from the "9-0-best-defense-since-the-85-Bears" Chefs fans. What happened then and who was left standing?

Enjoy the moment.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #59
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

These Hawk trolls are too lame to even raise my blood pressure.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #60
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Listen this wont be my crusade, I don't give that much of a ****, but this idea that hell get ignored is a pipe dream. People, including myself, get too agitated. They just add nothing to the convo and it just becomes a big fight. In my opinion, it's a waste of energy, but if I'm in the minority on this, then so be it
nope, you aren't
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #61
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

While I do agree that defense wins championships, it doesn't mean that the better defense is going to win. I'd say that it means that a team has to show up and play defense.

The Broncos defense is not as good as the Seahawks, and they don't have to be as good in the Super Bowl. Remember, they are not being matched up against the greatest (statistically) offense ever. The Seahawks defense has that challenge. The Broncos defense can certainly play well with the Seahawks offense. That match up may be what really decides the Super Bowl.

The Broncos offense isn't going for 50 points against the Seahawks defense, and the Seahawks defense isn't about to hold them to 10. If the Broncos D hold the Seahawks to less than 20 or so points, Broncos probably win. If the Seahawks score more than 30, then the Broncos are going to have some problems. It's rare that the Super Bowl is a shootout. Only twice has a team given up 30+ points and won the game. Last year and the Steelers over the Cowboys.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 01-23-2014 at 08:24 AM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:22 AM   #62
yerner
Ring of Famer

Is there a website that accurately discusses/analyzes cornerback play? I keep hearing Dick Sherman is the games best. I would like to see it in the stats somewhere.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #63
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

the teams that stayed with the hawks had either a relatively mobile qb (luck, newton, kaepernick) or a big time defense (Arizona, rams, panthers). stationary qb's have been eaten alive (brees twice, ryan, eli, etc.), so I can't say I'm not concerned about that.

we have a stationary qb and a middle of the road defense.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #64
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
the teams that stayed with the hawks had either a relatively mobile qb (luck, newton, kaepernick) or a big time defense (Arizona, rams, panthers). stationary qb's have been eaten alive (brees twice, ryan, eli, etc.), so I can't say I'm not concerned about that.

Where does Mike Glennon land? Because the Bucs went up big and Seattle had to scramble to come back and win that game at home.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 AM   #65
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post

Didn't Ryan win last year? And you should watch that NO vs. Seattle game again. Brees did pretty well. 300 passing yards, totaled over 400. The Saints special teams really screwed them and they couldn't stop Lynch, but it was there for the taking. Not some dominant beatdown at all.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #66
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

This clown (seachicken claw) does not understand basic football x's n o's your wasting your breath trying to debate him, which reminds me of one of my favorite axioms "never get in an argument with an idiot. he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience"
LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #67
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #68
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Is there a website that accurately discusses/analyzes cornerback play? I keep hearing Dick Sherman is the games best. I would like to see it in the stats somewhere.
I would take Peterson, Haden or Revis over Sherman any day of the week. Would Sherman be as good if Earl Thomas is not back there too?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #69
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If that's your assessment of him, then you have two options:

1) place him on ignore -- or

2) pwn him by enumerating all the reasons why he's FOS.

If you're gonna engage him, do so with facts and the football knowledge that I know you have.
You obviously don't know what trolling means. Every other site is legit when approaching idiots. There's a difference between another fan coming here with a witty angle or creative **** talking, but these people are just making stupid threads and trying to flame boards(which they are succeeding at).

Time for another website to garner my attention. This guy didnt come here to talk football. He saw the Seattle website thread. Saw how we were reacting to the description of the 2 championship games in that seattle thread. Then proceeding to start a thread using that exact same angle we were discussing knowing it would flame a board.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 01-23-2014 at 08:58 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:50 AM   #70
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Looking through the Chickens' schedule this year, the offense they faced that in my mind most resembled ours was the Still-Reggie-Wayned Colts. (although that resemblance is definitely loose)

I didn't get to watch that game, but Hilton looks like he went off with his highest total for the season, outside of the season finale v. Jax. Not sure who he was generally matched up with that game.

Guessing Manning's already on it.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #71
HoustonBroncosFan
Braccae tuae aperiuntur

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Long post, but it's good, I promise.

A lot has been made of how defense wins Championships and Denver's offense won't help as much as the Seattle Defense.

This article points out that number 1 defenses are 12-3 in SB games versus number one offenses which are only 10-8 - barely above .500.

But it's actually difficult to say because the sample size is small.

First of all, [B]this is only the second time since the merger that the ...1990 Giants over Bills 20-19

At first glance this game is the most similar to the Broncos and Seattle game. The Bills had the number 1 scoring offense and the number 6 scoring defense. The Giants offense was ranked 15th in scoring and was playing with a backup most of the year. Their defense was allowing 13 points a game. This was a game the Bills looked to be the favorite in. Two words: Wide right. Scott Norwood goes down in Super Bowl infamy and the rest is history.
Very well said. I am still skeptical of looking at O v D data that is pre-rule changes. From 2004 on, the NFL has slanted the rules to favor offenses to boost ratings and to protect their high $$$ investments--and probably CYA against lawsuits. Who knows if the old trend will continue in today's game?

As for the Bills v Giants, I'm not sure that game supports the D > O. Bills had the ball for 19 minutes and scored 19 points. It's the Bills D that crapped the bed. And while Kelly was an early no-huddle QB, its a crayons-to-scalpel comparison between what he ran and what Manning runs.

BTW, it was well known that the giants defensive coordinator instructed his players to deliberately hit the bills receivers as hard as possible in that game. It was the worst hits the receivers had ever seen. Anyone want to guess the name of this sith apprentice?
HoustonBroncosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #72
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkTalons View Post
You can have the 400 yards....I'll take the 40-10 imo
You can have your 24 points off turnovers and a kick return in the preseason...I'll take kicking your ass in the Super Bowl imo.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #73
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I would take Peterson, Haden or Revis over Sherman any day of the week. Would Sherman be as good if Earl Thomas is not back there too?
I'd add Verner and maybe even DRC.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #74
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You can have your 24 points off turnovers and a kick return in the preseason...I'll take kicking your ass in the Super Bowl imo.
The preseason smack is almost Irsay-esque.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #75
rsrobinson
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Seattle is allowing 14.4 points per game. That's actually the worst of the four previous teams. In the grand scheme of top defenses in the history of the NFL, it's below average.
You can't compare current defensive stats to those from the '70s and '80s. The NFL has modified the rules to aid offenses over the years and the league as a whole scores a lot more points than in earlier eras. You have to compare Seattle's defense to other current defenses and surrendering only 14.4 points per game in the modern era is impressive by any measure.

It's the same reason you can't really compare quarterback stats from earlier eras because DBs were allowed to get away with a lot more back then and QBs tended to throw more intermediate and deep passes. If you look at the career stats of guys like Staubach, Bradshaw and Namath they don't look very impressive compared to modern QBs under the current rules.
rsrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote