The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
pricejj
jungle

Default Chris Harris 104.3FM Interview

1. Can't figure out why everybody keeps trying to run fades on Sherman (which is where he has been making plays. Nobody runs curls or digs.

2. How to beat Seahawks Defense? It starts up front. Do a good job of protecting Peyton. Just give him time, doesn't matter what Defense he's facing.

3. Sad to see Talib go down, was looking forward to the battle between DT and Talib (fellow KU teammate).

4. Never heard it that loud in Mile High Stadium.

5. Everybody runs that pick play that Talib was hurt on. They ran the same exact play on DRC. Patriots ran it a lot the first time they played.

6. He thinks the refs are going to be looking for picks a lot more since Belicheat publicly complained.

7. Harris feels great, scheduled for surgery after they get back.

8. Harris told Carter to go out there and play smart. Broncos knew he could man up with the Patriot WR's. Did a good job of keeping the ball in front, and limiting explosive plays.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
6. He thinks the refs are going to be looking for picks a lot more since Belicheat complained.
Yeup. Only hope is that they don't want to turn their most watched game into a flag fest.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
pricejj
jungle

Shannon Sharpe Interview:

1. Welker didn't alter his route. The way Sharpe used to play is "Either you go over the top, or you run into me."
2. Asks Belicheat "What about the 50 minutes of the game that you only scored 3 points?"
3. Patriots are really easy to defend, because everything that happens is between the hash marks. No outside threats.
4. Broncos are going to get Cover-1 Robber coverage all day against the Seahawks.
5. Seahawks have an 8 man rotation on the DL. They say "We bet our DL can get to you, before you can beat us over the top."
6. The Broncos Offense has to be able to beat guys on the outside.
7. If I'm John Fox I take care of the football, and shutdown the run.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-21-2014 at 08:54 PM..
Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Good stuff. Hope Harris is ready for next season with no set backs.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

I'm confused as to why he hasn't gotten the surgery yet. I know he wants to be in NY but why can't he be there on crutches like von?
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #6
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
I'm confused as to why he hasn't gotten the surgery yet. I know he wants to be in NY but why can't he be there on crutches like von?
Probably not a good idea to fly within 2 weeks of surgery (open wound). Germs, can't take showers without covering the wound, etc.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #7
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Probably not a good idea to fly within 2 weeks of surgery (open wound). Germs, can't take showers without covering the wound, etc.
Meh, I'm sure it would be arthroscopic. Those wounds heal up within a few days. Maybe it's a comfort/safety thing
Old 01-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #8
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
1. Can't figure out why everybody keeps trying to run fades on Sherman (which is where he has been making plays. Nobody runs curls or digs.

2. How to beat Seahawks Defense? It starts up front. Do a good job of protecting Peyton. Just give him time, doesn't matter what Defense he's facing.

3. Sad to see Talib go down, was looking forward to the battle between DT and Talib (fellow KU teammate).

5. Everybody runs that pick play that Talib was hurt on. They ran the same exact play on DRC. Patriots ran it a lot the first time they played.

6. He thinks the refs are going to be looking for picks a lot more since Belicheat publicly complained.

8. Harris told Carter to go out there and play smart. Broncos knew he could man up with the Patriot WR's. Did a good job of keeping the ball in front, and limiting explosive plays.
If you go back and watch the preseason game, Decker caught a dig on Sherman and DT caught a comeback on him as well. As big and rangy as the guy is, the broncos receivers are actually a bit taller and quite a bit thicker.

I'll have to look at what they did against Jimmy graham that was so successful, but I have to think that Julius will have a lot of room to work with. As well as Welker. You don't beat manning with a Cover 1 scheme.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #9
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If you go back and watch the preseason game, Decker caught a dig on Sherman and DT caught a comeback on him as well. As big and rangy as the guy is, the broncos receivers are actually a bit taller and quite a bit thicker.

I'll have to look at what they did against Jimmy graham that was so successful, but I have to think that Julius will have a lot of room to work with. As well as Welker. You don't beat manning with a Cover 1 scheme.
Bracket coverage. Graham is the only threat on the saints. The rest of their WR are very average. They used Thomas and KJ Wright on him who were great on WR all year.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #10
pricejj
jungle

Quote:

Those are words directly from Chris Harris. I know the Broncos Offense had some success against Sherman and the rest of the Seahawks in the preseason with comeback routes.

Chris Harris' point was that nobody else did it.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Shannon Sharpe Interview:

1. Welker didn't alter his route. The way Sharpe used to play is "Either you go over the top, or you run into me."
2. Asks Belicheat "What about the 50 minutes of the game that you only scored 3 points?"
3. Patriots are really easy to defend, because everything that happens is between the hash marks. No outside threats.
4. Broncos are going to get Cover-1 Robber coverage all day against the Seahawks.
5. Seahawks have an 8 man rotation on the DL. They say "We bet our DL can get to you, before you can beat us over the top."
6. The Broncos Offense has to be able to beat guys on the outside.
7. If I'm John Fox I take care of the football, and shutdown the run.
On NFL Network I can't remember who brought this up (think it was actually Faulk) but said watch for the Broncos to play a ton of hurry up to severely limit how many times Seattle can rotate the guys up front. I would agree.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #12
pricejj
jungle

Some other interesting points from listening to 104.3

1. Rodney Harrison gives an early locker room edge to Seattle because of their physicality.
2. The Broncos told Terrance Knighton to lose 25 lbs. after the 3rd preseason game. He was in danger of being cut.
3. Now Knighton has the best rating on PFF of any player in the playoffs.
4. Chris Landry is impressed with Broncos transformation to become a ball control Offense, with their 3 longest drives of the season (>7 minutes each) in the playoffs.
5. Landry also brought up that Broncos Defense struggled earlier in the year, because they were on the field so much (which is something I said too).
6. Landry mentions that Denver beat NE, because their Defense was fresh.
7. The Seahawks won't miss jams off the LOS on the Broncos WR's like NE did.
8. Denver will try to run hurry-up to force Seattle to not be able to substitute.

In my opinion, to win the Superbowl, the Broncos will need to out-physical the Seahawks in all phases of the game. It is a tough bill to fill. They CANNOT try to be a finesse team. The Broncos Superbowl winners won in the trenches and this game will be no different.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-21-2014 at 10:04 PM..
Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #13
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Those are words directly from Chris Harris. I know the Broncos Offense had some success against Sherman and the rest of the Seahawks in the preseason with comeback routes.

Chris Harris' point was that nobody else did it.
Yeah, I was just noting that the broncos did exactly what he said with success in the preseason. What sets the Broncos receivers apart from other guys is that they can actually box out the big seattle DB's. It's rare that those guys are actually at a size disadvantage.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #14
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
On NFL Network I can't remember who brought this up (think it was actually Faulk) but said watch for the Broncos to play a ton of hurry up to severely limit how many times Seattle can rotate the guys up front. I would agree.
Yes, exactly. This is how Manning beat the Bears in the Superbowl. Constant no huddle, with long drives. The Broncos are primed to do this in order to keep Irvin, Avril, Bennett, and Clemons from rotating.

Broncos running game is going to HAVE to be effective against 6 in the box to keep Defense on their heels.

This is crazy. Finally everything we have been planning for the last two years is here.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #15
BroncsCheer
Scrappy, cerebral poster

There is no dark side on the moon

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny T

And I think this team is ready for it

Wouldn't want anyone else under/behind center
This Oline is playing lights out
Seattle hasn't seen the type of threat concentration Denver can bring with 4 receivers and 2 top shelf backs

I really think that weather is the X factor

If it's dry, and not too windy, Broncos in another one of these 'always in control, despite what the score says' games

I have a z of kind top shelf indica riding on this with my Puget Sound buddy.

CANT WAIT!!
BroncsCheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:42 PM   #16
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:

But but but it wasn't loud on TV so this isn't true! People were starting threads about how it wasn't loud. If it's on TV it's true. Why would he lie like that!

It was loud as hell, we were rocking that place.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:07 AM   #17
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

I sense a few hitch & go plays with a pump fake involved in the gameplan. Gotta give PMFM the time but it will work.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I don't understand the whole it was not loud on TV stance.
It was loud as hell and even the announcers talked about it. The quiet on field for Peyton and the O but the rocking noise when Brady took the field.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Broncos have to run a lot of no huddle on offense, and just wear down that defense, especially the defensive line.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:19 AM   #20
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I don't understand the whole it was not loud on TV stance.
It was loud as hell and even the announcers talked about it. The quiet on field for Peyton and the O but the rocking noise when Brady took the field.
I flew in from Phoenix for the game. Loudest sporting event I've ever been to. And I just watched it on DVR last night with headphones. It was LOUD.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #21
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I am honestly a little nervous about the WR screens we run. I realize PFM doesn't make bad decisions but man, a smart corner might jump one of those and it's 6 the other way.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #22
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
1. Rodney Harrison gives an early locker room edge to Seattle because of their physicality.
How does their "physicality" give Seattle an edge in the locker room?

Whatch you talkin' 'bout, Rodney?!?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I am honestly a little nervous about the WR screens we run. I realize PFM doesn't make bad decisions but man, a smart corner might jump one of those and it's 6 the other way.
Also can't throw any ducks like that one he got away with against NE. That ball seemed to hang in the air for like 5 seconds but the DB didn't turn around and see it for some reason.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

This can also be used against you. Be too aggressive against PM and he'll make you pay.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #25
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

I think he was more referring to their hunger, attitude, and swarming mentality. Who knows.

I think the Broncos can physically dominate the Seahawks.