The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #51
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
Oh so your confidence is only in your team if there is no wind?

The best teams can win in any weather.
No you're praying for wind not me. I could care less .
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #52
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So your gameplan is to pray for wind. No 12th man you need to pray for some other type of intervention .
Not to mention his gameplan of stopping the run sounds extremely dangerous for the Hawks. Trying to get a pass rush can be futile against Manning and this line, but giving him all day is a death sentence, especially if they run zone.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #53
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Chris Clark absolutely destroyed Chandler Jones, the physical specimen with the arm length of a pro basketball center, the athleticism comparable to Von Miller (also the brother of Rampage Jones of UFC fame, I think), and a huge year production wise with 11.5 sacks.

In 42 pass rush attempts against Clark in the AFC Championship game, Clark limited Jones to a pat on Peyton's non-throwing shoulder and one holding call. That's it.

If Clark plays like this against Seattle's pass rush threesome of Aviril, Bennett, and Clemons throughout the game, we win going away because Orlando Franklin is a top 3 RT in this league and will shut down the right side if his past performances are any indicator. Collectively, while the Seattle pass rush trio has talent, they are inferior individually to Chandler Jones.

Damn, Chris Clark, thank you so much, man.
Not much of a UFC fan I take it. Not to bust your balls but his brother is Jon "Bones" Jones. I think the "Rampage" you're referring to is Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. Btw, his other brother is Ravens Arthur Jones.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #54
CEH
Ring of Famer

Hawks aren't playing Colin " one read and run" Kapernick.
Go back and look at that last play Patton was running free and Kap goes endzone for an INT.
Manning will find the open guy
Old 01-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #55
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
Denver has better run-blocking and run defense. Lynch only had like 5 100-yard games, and had the worst YPC amongst the top 7 rushers. The Broncos handled the league's two best RB's this year fairly easily, and they are actually better against guys like Lynch than guys like McCoy and Charles.

And Moreno has been just as angry of a runner as Lynch this year, with maybe a little more speed (and weight too). Lynch is more elusive and overall a better runner, but not by that much. When you factor in Ball over Turbin, I'd actually take our running backs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...3/seasontype/3

Playoff leader in rushing yards... Against 2 teams better against the run than Denver.
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #56
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Hawks aren't playing Colin " one read and run" Kapernick.
Go back and look at that last play Patton was running free and Kap goes endzone for an INT.
Manning will find the open guy
You don't think Seattle knows tendancy? Just because they let a guy go against Kaeperdink means they'll play Manning the same way?

We won't contain Manning entirely but should have some opportunities to make a play or two.
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #57
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Seattle will be content in making sure they clog the middle to stuff the run. Forcing manning to have to throw the ball. If it's very windy you guys have no chance. None.
Oh dang, Seattle is going to make the greatest QB of all time having the greatest season of all time throw the ball? Whatever will we do?
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #58
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...3/seasontype/3

Playoff leader in rushing yards... Against 2 teams better against the run than Denver.
Saints were 19th in rushing defense. Denver was tied with Seattle for 7th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...e/seasontype/2
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #59
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

I wouldn't take Lynch lightly in his first Super Bowl. He'll show up more pumped than he's ever been in his life. He rushed for 250 yards on San Francisco and New Orleans so far this postseason. He had 132 in a playoff game last year and 131 the year before. He turns it up a notch in the playoffs where he averages a full yard more per carry against better defenses. It's like he can't sustain it for a whole season, but goes into full beast mode for important games.

Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #60
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It seems like Lynch also plays much better at home though. Was that 131 in Atlanta or Seattle last year?

Either way, the run blocking and run defense are both advantage Denver. The Broncos also have their own version of Lynch (who is actually better in the passing game), and have a great compliment as well in Montee Ball. Seattle also has to worry about Manning throwing the ball or audibling into those run plays, while Denver can be more focused on the run.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #61
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It's volume. They don't have a Von Miller/Aldon Smith to dictate protections, but everyone in their front seven is pretty good at it.

It's effectively foregoing haymakers in favor of a dozen jabs.
This is true, but it's true for us as well.

And in the 2013 postseason we are ranked second in sacks behind only the Niners, who have one of the best pass rushes in the league and as a wild card team have an extra game to accrue sacks.

And San Diego and New England have allowed the fourth and tenth fewest sacks in the league respectively. That's pretty good production against some pretty difficult QB's to sack.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #62
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Seattle will be content in making sure they clog the middle to stuff the run. Forcing manning to have to throw the ball. If it's very windy you guys have no chance. None.
Sure buddy. Come back to reality. If it's windy, the Broncos will do the same thing. In fact, a windy day favors the Broncos.

The Broncos run/stop the run just as well if not better than Seattle. Plus, the Broncos can utilize a short passing game. The Seahawks horrid passing game relies on long shots down the field.

Broncos Defense Rushing YPA: 3.9
Seahawks Offense Rushing YPA: 3.9

Broncos Runners (Moreno/Ball) YPA: 4.42
Seahawks Runners (Lynch/Wilson/Turbin) YPA: 4.35
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #63
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Get the lead, protect the ball, avoid big returns on special teams, hoist the Lombardi.

Simple.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #64
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

And in the 2013 postseason we are ranked second in sacks behind only the Niners, who have one of the best pass rushes in the league and as a wild card team have an extra game to accrue sacks.

And San Diego and New England have allowed the fourth and tenth fewest sacks in the league respectively. That's pretty good production against some pretty difficult QB's to sack.
Indeed it is.

...but we're the offensive team
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #65
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

True, Rivers and Brady are very tough to bring down compared to Wilson. Denver's defense has looked just as good as Seattle's or San Francisco's in the playoffs. The Broncos just look like the ultimate team right now: they started their playoff games 17-0 and 20-3. Just pure dominance.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #66
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Seattle finished tied for 8th with 44 sacks this year....but Denver had 41 at tenth.

Seattle tied for tenth most sacks allowed at 44. Denver allowed the fewest at 20. That's a 0 differential for Seattle and +24 for Denver.

Seattle also was able to get 25 of their 44 sacks on the road. That's more than 3 per road game. Now much of that is inflated because they had a game against the Cardinals where they sacked Palmer 7 times. So if you throw that game out as anomalous, they are still averaging over 2 sacks per game on the road. Whether it's coverage or a good rotation, the Hawks can pressure and sack their opponents. We're very good at protecting Manning, but this will be a challenge.
Against this secondary he will need even more time IMO. That will be a huge key, giving Manning that extra half second he will need for guys to break open.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #67
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Sure buddy. Come back to reality. If it's windy, the Broncos will do the same thing. In fact, a windy day favors the Broncos.

The Broncos run/stop the run just as well if not better than Seattle. Plus, the Broncos can utilize a short passing game. The Seahawks horrid passing game relies on long shots down the field.

Broncos Defense Rushing YPA: 3.9
Seahawks Offense Rushing YPA: 3.9

Broncos Runners (Moreno/Ball) YPA: 4.42
Seahawks Runners (Lynch/Wilson/Turbin) YPA: 4.35
This all day. Wind favors the Broncos in every way: better running game, Manning throwing short passes versus Wilson's deep balls.

The only way it helps Seattle is by increasing the luck factor: it keeps the game closer which magnifies the bad bounces and big plays.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #68
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I think the Broncos will just pick them clean.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #69
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Pirates fan too?
not particularly. why do you ask?
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #70
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
This all day. Wind favors the Broncos in every way: better running game, Manning throwing short passes versus Wilson's deep balls.

The only way it helps Seattle is by increasing the luck factor: it keeps the game closer which magnifies the bad bounces and big plays.
Don't forget Denver's WR/RB screen game and pick plays at the LOS. Brees had a real tough time completing wide-open screen passes against Seattle in a deluge (in his first game wearing a glove after he copied Manning). Yet, he still threw for almost 300 yards in the 2nd half (in Seattle).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #71
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

I think defensively that Denver needs to focus on bottling up Lynch and containing Wilson's scrambling. If Wilson somehow manages to beat DRC/Champ/Carter for 20+ points than congrats. But if Lynch gets 150 yards I don't like our chances. FWIW, I don't think Seattle has a very good o-line. I think that will be the key matchup....can Denver stop/contain Seattle's rushing attack.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #72
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Matching up against the seattle will be interesting. They can generate pass rush across the board, but Denver is blessed with very good o-line and a QB who excels at minimizing opponents pass rushes. I think Seattle is susceptible to the run, and will probably be playing a lot of 5-6 DB looks to matchup with Denver's 3 WR sets. Denver will need to exploit that. Seattle's secondary is best in the league, and will force Manning to dink/dunk his way down the field. Seattle will need to generate TOs in addition to stops to win. I think the key is Denver establishing the run and not turning the ball over.

Another key component is STs where Denver has just been awful. Denver needs to eliminate costly TOs and giving up TD returns.

Should be a good game!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #73
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I think defensively that Denver needs to focus on bottling up Lynch and containing Wilson's scrambling. If Wilson somehow manages to beat DRC/Champ/Carter for 20+ points than congrats. But if Lynch gets 150 yards I don't like our chances. FWIW, I don't think Seattle has a very good o-line. I think that will be the key matchup....can Denver stop/contain Seattle's rushing attack.
I think Lynch will get 80-90 yards on 21-24 carries. Not bad at all

He was at 21 for 69 then a 40 yard run. SF did a great job except for one play
Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #74
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Manning threw quite well in 30 kt gusts in the wildcard round. If it is windy Denver will win 20-17. You should be concerned about that pathetic offense in Seattle.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #75
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

it's been mentioned, thousands of times, but I do think the concern with the weather is over rated. Peyton has adopted the glove and his struggles earlier this year coincide to when he was battling high ankle sprains. Since he has been healthy, and played in bad weather, he has been fine. I think people talking about it are ignorant of the facts.