The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #26
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

26. Seattle Seahawks (20th)
PB: 25th, RB: 17th, PEN: 30th

Stud: With injuries depleting the ranks, it was left to Michael Bowie (+7.1) to lead the team with their highest grade. He may eventually end up at guard (as he was for their recent playoff victory over the Saints) with his run blocking particularly impressive.

Dud: The team has to hope they never, ever have to start Paul McQuistan (-24.8) at left tackle again. It went very badly and he wasn’t much better at guard.

Analysis: An interesting year. Losing Russell Okung hurt but when they did get him on the field his play was a level or three below it’s usual high standard. At center Max Unger had a down year as a variety of combinations on either side of him failed. Essentially, they did enough at times for Marshawn Lynch to make yardage, but this had the feel of an experimental group with the coaches trying to luck into the right combination.

1. Denver Broncos (4th)
PB: 2nd, RB: 7th, PEN: 7th

Stud: We didn’t expect Louis Vasquez (+33.6) to be quite this good but he was. Our All-Pro right guard, he even chipped in with good play at tackle to fully justify the outlay on him.

Dud: Left guard Zane Beadles (-5.7) is good out in space but his work in pass protection really leaves a lot to be desired.

Analysis: When Ryan Clady went down who saw this coming? Well Chris Clark filled in ably while the duo of Vasquez and Manny Ramirez delivered the goods in the run game. A real cohesive unit and while they benefit from the pocket presence of their quarterback, it’s a two-way street with both elements helping each other out.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #27
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
I'm wondering, should we use him as trade-bait when Clady returns, or should we keep him as a backup?
I'm surprised anyone hasn't said the opposite? Aside from the cap hit, how about trading Clady?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #28
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It's volume. They don't have a Von Miller/Aldon Smith to dictate protections, but everyone in their front seven is pretty good at it.

It's effectively foregoing haymakers in favor of a dozen jabs.
Haymakers are the biggest concern. The Broncos had two games this year completely turn on strip sacks (@IND, @SD, and even v.Washington, arguably), where manning wasn't his usual self for the rest of the game.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #29
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
I'm surprised anyone hasn't said the opposite? Aside from the cap hit, how about trading Clady?
Clady's cap hit was biggest this year, somewhere in the range of 12 mil, and it gets smaller every year on, dropping to 8 mil next season. If clady is healthy, you go with clady over clark, no question. And if he isn't healthy, then who wants to trade for him?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #30
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Down boy, down. If Ronnie Hillman rushed the ball 350 times, he would be the leagues leading rusher. If...if....if....
You're sadly mistaken if you think Jones is some sort of elite pass-rusher in the NFL. He's pretty average. He doesn't even have any pass rush moves, nor the speed to get around the edge.

That being said, Chris Clark has been pretty much handling everybody all year, except Mathis. The only guy on the Broncos OL who is breaking down periodically is Beadles. Beadles is good for at last a couple missed blocks per game, either in pass or run.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #31
CEH
Ring of Famer

Seattle plays a single high saftey with a robber (Thomas) and dares you to get deep before their front 4 gets to the QB.

The haymaker is a good analogy

Sea goes 7-8 deep as well in the front 4. Fresh legs so they don't need the impact player like Von

If Manning gets time I don't see Seattle outsmarting Manning

Last edited by CEH; 01-21-2014 at 05:31 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #32
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Cliff Avril is easily better.

man come to think of it the Seahawks have a scary ass pass rush
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #33
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
That being said, Chris Clark has been pretty much handling everybody all year, except Mathis. The only guy on the Broncos OL who is breaking down periodically is Beadles. Beadles is good for at last a couple missed blocks per game, either in pass or run.
The best thing about this offseason is going to be saying goodbye to #68. I'm so tired of this sack of garbage doing his usual backfield shuffle right into Manning's lap.

Against NE this guy was getting trucked into the backfield.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #34
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
>>

If Manning gets time I don't see Seattle outsmarting Manning<<
^

Way to summarize perfectly in one sentence why I'm not worried about the Seachickens.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #35
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
The best thing about this offseason is going to be saying goodbye to #68. I'm so tired of this sack of garbage doing his usual backfield shuffle right into Manning's lap.

Against NE this guy was getting trucked into the backfield.
Whenever there is a running play for negative yards, it's usually attributable to the guy Beadles was supposed to block. I keep hoping it's not, but it almost always is.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #36
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Agree on Beadles. Hope they find someone better in the offseason, and don't sign him to a joe mays contract.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I don't think there is any way they will move Clark unless someone offers a first rounder.
Which isn't likely to happen.
I don't know that you can keep him off the field next season due to his stellar work in relief of Clady. Beadles and Kuper are likely gone.
I do not foresee the Broncos moving Franklin inside to guard, nor should they, he is a top tier RT.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #38
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It really is interesting how the teams' strengths match up against each other. They get a lot of picks amd have a good pass rush, Manning doesn't throw picks or get sacked. On offense they pound the run, we stop the run. So you can't really say our strengths take away theirs when they could say the same thing.

On the other hand, I really don't see their run game doing anything. And Manning being the hardest in the league to get to should beat their 8th best sack total. Even if their D does take away the pass, I think we would win a pure running game battle. Moreno runs with the same fire (although less talent) as Lynch, but with much better guys blocking for him.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #39
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Seattle will be content in making sure they clog the middle to stuff the run. Forcing manning to have to throw the ball. If it's very windy you guys have no chance. None.
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #40
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

The Seattle pass rushing unit is much better than NE's. The Denver OL (Clark included) will have its hands full.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #41
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I don't think there is any way they will move Clark unless someone offers a first rounder.
Which isn't likely to happen.
I don't know that you can keep him off the field next season due to his stellar work in relief of Clady. Beadles and Kuper are likely gone.
I do not foresee the Broncos moving Franklin inside to guard, nor should they, he is a top tier RT.
2 years ago Clark and ManRam looked absolutely awful, even as far as backups go. It's amazing how good they've been this year. I guess the coaches weren't lying in preseason when they said Ramirez was their starter all along.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #42
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
Seattle will be content in making sure they clog the middle to stuff the run. Forcing manning to have to throw the ball. If it's very windy you guys have no chance. None.
I can tell you are new to the forum because we already had no chance, dude.
None.
No chance.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #43
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wind hurts the Seahawks more than it does the Broncos. Denver will have the more successful ground game and Wilson's downfield passing will really suffer, while Manning should still be able to toss the ball 5 yards for a 25-yard gain on a cross.

The only way weather helps Seattle is by making the game low scoring, which inherently makes it more of a coinflip. They need to pray for some Denver fumbles and amazing luck.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #44
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

(Wind hurts the Seahawks more than it does the Broncos. Denver will have the more successful ground game)

I just can't.. I'm sorry
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #45
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
2 years ago Clark and ManRam looked absolutely awful, even as far as backups go. It's amazing how good they've been this year. I guess the coaches weren't lying in preseason when they said Ramirez was their starter all along.
Clark I wasn't worried about. Man Ram scared me ****less. I thought it was a joke and that surely they would upgrade but he has been a damn good player and improved as the season wore on.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #46
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So your gameplan is to pray for wind. No 12th man you need to pray for some other type of intervention .
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #47
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
None.
No chance.
Only 600 posts? Man you must be long time Manning fan.. I bet you had like 10000 posts on the Colts board. You're a BEAST!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #48
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So your gameplan is to pray for wind. No 12th man you need to pray for some other type of intervention .
Oh so your confidence is only in your team if there is no wind?

The best teams can win in any weather.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #49
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
(Wind hurts the Seahawks more than it does the Broncos. Denver will have the more successful ground game)

I just can't.. I'm sorry
Denver has better run-blocking and run defense. Lynch only had like 5 100-yard games, and had the worst YPC amongst the top 7 rushers. The Broncos handled the league's two best RB's this year fairly easily, and they are actually better against guys like Lynch than guys like McCoy and Charles.

And Moreno has been just as angry of a runner as Lynch this year, with maybe a little more speed (and weight too). Lynch is more elusive and overall a better runner, but not by that much. When you factor in Ball over Turbin, I'd actually take our running backs.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #50
Seattle1983
Solid Starter

cHawksBabyYa!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
None.
No chance.
Pirates fan too? Ya, no way you're a bandwagon fan. Pirates have been good for so long I can't even remember the last time they lost.