The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #26
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,683

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
In year 2 Elway was also not the player he would eventually become. Wilson in year two is much closer to the NFL Champion Elway would become than the sophomore Elway was.
I don't see it.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #27
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Money to Burn WOOOO®

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

**** You and the ****ing Seahawks

WE KICKED YOUR ASS IN THE AFC WEST AND WILL GONNA KICK YA ASS IN THE SUPER BOWL

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #28
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Woah. I totally forgot we used to be in the same division as the Seahawks. Mind = blown
Want to blow your mind even more?

Back in 1976 Tampa Bay was in our division, they switched them the following year, I think to make travel easier as Seattle is closer to the actual west than FL.

Broncos own Seahags, we have 34 wins to their 18 per http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ad-to-head.htm

Hope the trend continues for one more game!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #29
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,191

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Good post!! Gonna be a tough game and a big stage for young Wilson...I really believe we get him to turn it over at least once. Your D is damn solid, but if we keep Peyton clean we will win. The three biggest keys to the game will be to contain Wilson on the outside, get off jams at the line and keep manning clean.

27-20 Orange!!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #30
Seattle1983
Solid Starter
 
cHawksBabyYa!!!

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I don't see it.
But are you looking for it?

Back to back 100 ratings.. Over 7000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his first two seasons... I'm not saying he's the player Elway was when you all won titles but he's a lot closer to that than he is sophomore Elway..

Not even sure how that's debatable..
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #31
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 35,575

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
I'm a Seahawks fan from way back. 1983 to be exact. At the age of 5 I decided silver, blue and green were my favorite color combination. My family consists of Seahawks, Chiefs and Panthers fans. My dad traveled for the air force and my five siblings all grew up in different parts of the United States before settling in Seattle in 1982. Since I was a baby I grew up watching football with my dad, brothers, uncles and cousins! Most of my family were born in western Missouri and hence the large number of KC fans. I however was born in Houston TX. I was too young to remember my time there and the oldest memories I have are during the move to Washington after my dad retired.

I'd love to discuss the game respectfully. Maybe I'll even stick around a while after the dust settles!

I've always kind of liked the Broncos truth be told. Loved the Bobby Humphreys, Michael Jacksons, Sharpe's and Atwaters of the world. I hated the Chiefs so much in the 90s I found myself rooting hard for the Broncos at least twice per year and in the playoffs. My favorite Broncos of all time remind me of my two favorite players... Elway and Davis embodied everything I wanted to be as a young man. Confident, consistent, hard working and successful.

I'd love to think that like Elway and Davis, Wilson and Lynch could finally break the cycle of coming up short and deliver us the pinnacle of professional sports. A Superbowl championship!

Standing in the way this season is Peyton Manning and thebl highest scoring offense in league history. Regardless of this games outcome I am extremely proud of this team. MY TEAM!!!! I want to win so badly, much like many of you did when you had to experience so much heart break before finally breaking through.

There will be no shame in losing this game, for either team. Watching the Broncos overcome as a child has put a lot into perspective for me and the way I look at my team. Unlike many fans of teams that have never won the big one in do not live in fear that we may never win the Lombardi. Losing to the best offense in history with the best quarterback in history would be an honor compared to never making it this far.

May the best team win!!!

Go Hawks!!!!!!
What is your take on Wilson? Does he have anyone to throw to and why was he so loose with the ball Sunday? Dude had the early fumble on a sack then hosed up a hand off to the poor mans version of Jamal Charles when they were set to go up big late?

What do you think Seattle is going to do to win this game after the Broncos take away the run game like they have so far this post season?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #32
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,442

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
But are you looking for it?

Back to back 100 ratings.. Over 7000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his first two seasons... I'm not saying he's the player Elway was when you all won titles but he's a lot closer to that than he is sophomore Elway..

Not even sure how that's debatable..
50 TDs? We call that 15 games of a single season around here.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #33
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,933
Default

Wilson seems to be a gamer and a tough SOB......They could really open things up for their offense if they got a couple decent receiving TE's. I really scratch my head at Carol's play calling on most games I get to see.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #34
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,683

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
But are you looking for it?

Back to back 100 ratings.. Over 7000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his first two seasons... I'm not saying he's the player Elway was when you all won titles but he's a lot closer to that than he is sophomore Elway..

Not even sure how that's debatable..
You probably also think Wilson is better than Luck right now because of stats. Don't you?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #35
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
But are you looking for it?

Back to back 100 ratings.. Over 7000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his first two seasons... I'm not saying he's the player Elway was when you all won titles but he's a lot closer to that than he is sophomore Elway..

Not even sure how that's debatable..
No, we're not looking for it, because its ridiculous. It is next to impossible to compare QBs from such drastically different eras. Had Elway been allowed to come in under a system like Wilson is in now, who's to say it wouldn't have resulted in the most prolific offense of all time? See my point? Its a ridiculous comparison.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #36
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,619
Default

Seachicken fan?

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #37
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,580

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

I have always disliked Seattle from past division conflicts. With that man as their head coach I will always root for them to lose and get humiliated. Add in some of the new fans (I cannot tell you how many are just popping up now, with the "I have loved them forever" thing) and yeah...I hate them.

At least you came here looking for good football talk and aren't acting like a douche. Welcome, and I hope you stick around with the same motivation regardless of the outcome. Look up any of KCStud's posts for how not to act.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #38
Seattle1983
Solid Starter
 
cHawksBabyYa!!!

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
No, we're not looking for it, because its ridiculous. It is next to impossible to compare QBs from such drastically different eras. Had Elway been allowed to come in under a system like Wilson is in now, who's to say it wouldn't have resulted in the most prolific offense of all time? See my point? Its a ridiculous comparison.
Seattle runs a run heavy offense and Wilson's numbers are still substantially better than Elway's...

Wilson is reaaaaaallly good. He's going to look good 'S Sunday as well... Gonna be a tough one.
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #39
Seattle1983
Solid Starter
 
cHawksBabyYa!!!

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
What is your take on Wilson? Does he have anyone to throw to and why was he so loose with the ball Sunday? Dude had the early fumble on a sack then hosed up a hand off to the poor mans version of Jamal Charles when they were set to go up big late?

What do you think Seattle is going to do to win this game after the Broncos take away the run game like they have so far this post season?
After Denver takes the run game away?

Hyperbole
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #40
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Go Broncos!!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western CO
Posts: 1,178

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Wilson is a bright upcoming young talent,

But he is nowhere near John Elway's talent level.

It's not even close.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #41
Seattle1983
Solid Starter
 
cHawksBabyYa!!!

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Wilson is a bright upcoming young talent,

But he is nowhere near John Elway's talent level.

It's not even close.
Ok
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #42
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
Seattle runs a run heavy offense and Wilson's numbers are still substantially better than Elway's...

Wilson is reaaaaaallly good. He's going to look good 'S Sunday as well... Gonna be a tough one.
Again, this is a dumb argument.

You take a 24 year old Elway bring him into 2014, put him on the Seahawks roster and he'll have a better game, year, career, and legend than Wilson.

I win.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #43
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,580

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Stats and fantasy football...seriously ruin the game in so many ways. Not even just being a Bronco fan here, but mentioning Wilson in the same breath as Elway just shows why stats are meaningless.

Until they start tracking "Carried a team to the Super Bowl" as a stat at least. And I say this as someone that likes Wilson, being a Big 10 fan and all.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #44
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I remember Jim Zorn and Steve Largent...... yes I'm that old.
Me too brother...
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #45
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
I'm a Seahawks fan from way back. 1983 to be exact. At the age of 5 I decided silver, blue and green were my favorite color combination. My family consists of Seahawks, Chiefs and Panthers fans. My dad traveled for the air force and my five siblings all grew up in different parts of the United States before settling in Seattle in 1982. Since I was a baby I grew up watching football with my dad, brothers, uncles and cousins! Most of my family were born in western Missouri and hence the large number of KC fans. I however was born in Houston TX. I was too young to remember my time there and the oldest memories I have are during the move to Washington after my dad retired.

I'd love to discuss the game respectfully. Maybe I'll even stick around a while after the dust settles!

I've always kind of liked the Broncos truth be told. Loved the Bobby Humphreys, Michael Jacksons, Sharpe's and Atwaters of the world. I hated the Chiefs so much in the 90s I found myself rooting hard for the Broncos at least twice per year and in the playoffs. My favorite Broncos of all time remind me of my two favorite players... Elway and Davis embodied everything I wanted to be as a young man. Confident, consistent, hard working and successful.

I'd love to think that like Elway and Davis, Wilson and Lynch could finally break the cycle of coming up short and deliver us the pinnacle of professional sports. A Superbowl championship!

Standing in the way this season is Peyton Manning and thebl highest scoring offense in league history. Regardless of this games outcome I am extremely proud of this team. MY TEAM!!!! I want to win so badly, much like many of you did when you had to experience so much heart break before finally breaking through.

There will be no shame in losing this game, for either team. Watching the Broncos overcome as a child has put a lot into perspective for me and the way I look at my team. Unlike many fans of teams that have never won the big one in do not live in fear that we may never win the Lombardi. Losing to the best offense in history with the best quarterback in history would be an honor compared to never making it this far.

May the best team win!!!

Go Hawks!!!!!!
Is this the "About the Author"part or the entire novel?

Regardless, the silver helmets were kind of cool but so is the neon green.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #46
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,580

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Again, this is a dumb argument.

You take a 24 year old Elway bring him into 2014, put him on the Seahawks roster and he'll have a better game, year, career, and legend than Wilson.

I win.
These arguments make me insane also, it's no different than someone comparing a player to Jordan. I mean Jesus man...with the QB protection rules they have now, can you even comprehend what a guy like Elway, Marino or Kelly (yes I went there) would do?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #47
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Was anyone else hoping the OP was female? Anyone??
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #48
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle1983 View Post
Ok
Dude, seriously, don't come to a Broncos message board and try to convince us that Russell Wilson could even come close to the legend that is John Elway.

GTFO of here.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #49
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Seachicken fan?

hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #50
Seattle1983
Solid Starter
 
cHawksBabyYa!!!

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 131

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Again, this is a dumb argument.

You take a 24 year old Elway bring him into 2014, put him on the Seahawks roster and he'll have a better game, year, career, and legend than Wilson.

I win.
You're right there is no debating what you're saying. All I can go by is statistics and having watched Elway play and every game Wilson has played. I have no basis for an opinion other than that.
Seattle1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Denver Broncos