The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default Anyone else hearing that Denver "ain't tough enough to win"?

I mean, what the crap does this mean?
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Heard the same in 97. its caca
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Yes, especially compared to the Seahawks who are just a weally tough bunch of guys.

We've heard this crap throughout the playoffs. San Diego beat us, they have our number, they are on a hot streak, NE has Tom Brady who owns Peyton Manning, poor Tommy has had nobody this year yet they are in the AFCCG, Tommy doesn't care if he's at home or on the road, and now Seattle has a tough bunch of young guys who do nothing but smack guys around, they are #1 against the pass, poor Peyton Manning.

Just like the end of the 97 season. We love it!

Keep it coming boys, it's worked out swell for us so far.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
bronc_fan23
Broncoholic

I'm Peyton Manning?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hopefully the players hear this for two week straights and come out and stick em to the turf.
bronc_fan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
Archie
R Gang

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Keith Bishop

all I'll say is keep it coming...
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

I dunno I'd say the brand of football they are playing right now on both sides of the ball is perfectly tough. Playoff tough.

Not scared in the slightest.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #7
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I pretty much completely ignore what the talking heads say at ESPN and NFLN say about the Broncos
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #8
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Heard the same in 97. its caca
Bingo
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #9
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Apparently our D wasn't going to be tough enough to stop Brady and NE as well.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

As long as Decker, Thomas(X2), Decker and of course Welker are not afraid to extend their arms to catch a ball down the middle, why worry?

Also, have not heard anything about us being soft.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I love it. Many people citing the 2nd preseason game this year, including John Clayton. You gotta love people that bring up the 2nd preseason game... I didn't know the super bowl champions were crowned then! I remember that game. Seattle was bringing a lot blitzes, more so than you normally see in the 2nd week of the preseason. Adam Gase was in his 2nd game as OC. Vasquez, Welker, Manny Ramirez, Julius Thomas, Montee Ball, Sly Williams, Knighton all in their 2nd games as Bronco starters/players. Vanilla offense, vanilla defense. Champ hurt his foot that game. Wolfe injured his neck. Ronnie Hillman fumbled the ball on the Hawks 1 into the endzone and Seattle returned it 100 yds for a TD. Julius Thomas fumbled a catch at the Seahawks 30 yd line. J. Kearse also returned a kick for a TD. Final score ended up 40-10 so the Seahawks think this means they will roll us. lol.

Highlights can be found here:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201308...ghts&tab=recap

I love the bluster and overconfidence coming from Seattle.

Last edited by bpc; 01-21-2014 at 01:43 PM..
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #12
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I love it. Many people citing the 2nd preseason game this year, including John Clayton. You gotta love people that bring up the 2nd preseason game... I didn't know the super bowl champions were crowned then! I remember that game. Seattle was bringing a lot blitzes, more so than you normally see in the 2nd week of the preseason. Adam Gase was in his 2nd game as OC. Vasquez, Welker, Manny Ramirez, Julius Thomas, Montee Ball all in their 2nd games as Bronco starters/players. Vanilla offense, vanilla defense. Champ hurt his foot that game. Wolfe injured his neck. Ronnie Hillman fumbled the ball on the Hawks 1 into the endzone and Seattle returned it 100 yds for a TD. Kearse also returned a kick for a TD. Final score ended up 40-10 so the Seahawks think this means they will roll us. lol.

We also moved the ball pretty well on them that game. Who gives a **** if Ronnie Hillman fumbled at the One. But regardless, its meaningless
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #13
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
I love it. Many people citing the 2nd preseason game this year, including John Clayton. You gotta love people that bring up the 2nd preseason game... I didn't know the super bowl champions were crowned then! I remember that game. Seattle was bringing a lot blitzes, more so than you normally see in the 2nd week of the preseason. Adam Gase was in his 2nd game as OC. Vasquez, Welker, Manny Ramirez, Julius Thomas, Montee Ball all in their 2nd games as Bronco starters/players. Vanilla offense, vanilla defense. Champ hurt his foot that game. Wolfe injured his neck. Ronnie Hillman fumbled the ball on the Hawks 1 into the endzone and Seattle returned it 100 yds for a TD. Kearse also returned a kick for a TD. Final score ended up 40-10 so the Seahawks think this means they will roll us. lol.

****! I knew we had no chance!
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
As long as Decker, Thomas(X2), Decker and of course Welker are not afraid to extend their arms to catch a ball down the middle, why worry?

Also, have not heard anything about us being soft.
My only worry is our soft receivers getting knocked off their routes by physical corners.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #15
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

over the last 15 years, the internet and sites like the Orangemane have made the talking heads on TV obsolete.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #16
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

The only people saying this team isn't tough clearly haven't watched them play, especially of late.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
My only worry is our soft receivers getting knocked off their routes by physical corners.
You haven't been paying attention of late apparently.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #18
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
I love it. Many people citing the 2nd preseason game this year, including John Clayton. You gotta love people that bring up the 2nd preseason game... I didn't know the super bowl champions were crowned then! I remember that game. Seattle was bringing a lot blitzes, more so than you normally see in the 2nd week of the preseason. Adam Gase was in his 2nd game as OC. Vasquez, Welker, Manny Ramirez, Julius Thomas, Montee Ball, Sly Williams, Knighton all in their 2nd games as Bronco starters/players. Vanilla offense, vanilla defense. Champ hurt his foot that game. Wolfe injured his neck. Ronnie Hillman fumbled the ball on the Hawks 1 into the endzone and Seattle returned it 100 yds for a TD. Julius Thomas fumbled a catch at the Seahawks 30 yd line. J. Kearse also returned a kick for a TD. Final score ended up 40-10 so the Seahawks think this means they will roll us. lol.

That game pissed me off because Seattle was playing as if they were in the Super Bowl and we were simply going through the pre-season routine. A lot of over the top **** by Carrol.

That being said, it was clearly indicative of our ability to play to their level. We have no chance.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #19
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Bring it on!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #20
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #21
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer

I've heard...

1) It's going to be cold and possibly snowy and Peyton can't handle it.
2) Seattle is weather proof because of their defense and dominant rushing attack.
3) The officials will call offensive line holding (Denver especially) and they'll let the Seahawks hold Denver's receivers...so Denver will have to beat both of them.
4) Seattle is healthy and will have Percy Harvins back. Denver is banged up everywhere but especially on their defensive line and secondary and the Moreno injury.

Mostly, it's the same talk and hurdles all year. What worries me the the elusiveness of Russell Wilson. He doesn't run to get out of the backfield, he runs to buy time for his receivers to get open. The Broncos need to pressure him and force early throws.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:50 PM   #22
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
My worry is that our receivers are actually snowmen and if the weather gets above 38 degrees in New Jersey they will melt away, and Manning will only be able to throw to puddles.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #23
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Bingo
I am getting flashbacks to all the articles I remember reading as a 13 year old.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #24
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Yes, especially compared to the Seahawks who are just a weally tough bunch of guys.

We've heard this crap throughout the playoffs. San Diego beat us, they have our number, they are on a hot streak, NE has Tom Brady who owns Peyton Manning, poor Tommy has had nobody this year yet they are in the AFCCG, Tommy doesn't care if he's at home or on the road, and now Seattle has a tough bunch of young guys who do nothing but smack guys around, they are #1 against the pass, poor Peyton Manning.

Just like the end of the 97 season. We love it!

Keep it coming boys, it's worked out swell for us so far.
No kidding ! The Broncos had no chance against the Hottest Team in the Playoffs.. the Chargers. Then it was how the Patriots owned the Broncos, and how the Patriots were going to run the ball down the Broncos throats, Brady doesn't need to pass it.

Now Seattle has the baddest and toughest defense the likes no one has seen since the Steel Curtain. The Broncos WRs are not going to be able to get off the line, much less catch any passes. Just look at what they did to the 49ers.

Well the 49ers almost won that game, 3 turnovers is kind of hard to overcome.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #25
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyScrewed View Post
What worries me the the elusiveness of Russell Wilson. He doesn't run to get out of the backfield, he runs to buy time for his receivers to get open. The Broncos need to pressure him and force early throws.
The Broncos need to keep Wilson in the Pocket and not let him get to the outside. When he is pushed into the pocket he does tend to force his passes, could be because he can't see over the linemen.

But when he rolls, he can see the field better .. he extends plays.

All the Seattle WRs are small, but they are fast.. don't let them get behind you when Wilson rolls out the pocket.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote