The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #51
TD4HOF
Rehabbed Lurker

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Special Teams

Love all our receivers but the Thomases are the only must keeps. As others have said, we’d have no trouble attracting receivers to Denver. Also, In John We Trust.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:36 AM   #52
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
nightmare scenario: Oakland will be flush with cash, $66M under the cap. I don't see how we could win bidding war with Dennis Allen.
Winning matters. I'm sure Decker has seen what Oakland and the Raiders are all about.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #53
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

interesting

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ney-best-spent
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #54
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

From what I understand, Manning, Tamme, and Decker are all great friends. They carpool to the games together. That speaks volumes about Manning being comfortable. If he feels comfortable, and healthy, he'll stick around.

I don't think we have the money to afford all the guys we have coming up. With that being said, Manning is owning a huge chunk of our cap right now at $20M. I'm pretty sure if Decker is his buddy, and we could throw him $4-5M a season possibly, Manning could come through to make up the difference on a potential $8-10M contract he could get offered.

Elway and Manning seem to have a great relationship. I'm sure he would put the option on the table. If Manning wants it bad enough, and to continue playing with these WR's, he'll consider it.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #55
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Deck will take the most money and who's going to blame him? He should get 7-9M a season. The issue is, if we give Deck that money we almost have to do the same for JT and DT, which we probably cant. The top payed WR duo's in the league by avg salary are Boldin 6M/ Crabtree 5.7M and Garcon 8.1M/ J Morgan 5.1M. Also add in Vernon Davis to SF for 7.3M. SF would be in cap hell if Kaep held out.

How sweet would it be if we could give Deck and DT identical contracts at about 7M a year? Let JT prove it one more year and probably cut Welker.
DT is worth much more than Decker. Everyone knows it. Probably even Decker.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #56
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
DT is worth much more than Decker. Everyone knows it. Probably even Decker.
Not so much if we buy out the last year of his rookie contract.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #57
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I'd prefer to keep Decker vs Welker because of concussion issue.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #58
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'd prefer to keep Decker vs Welker because of concussion issue.
Decker is also just better at this point. And younger.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #59
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I honestly dont think offering DT and Deck identical contracts is such an off-the-wall idea. Theyre both young so we could guarantee more and back-load both while giving huge bonuses. DT probably deserves more, but as mentioned, since youre buying out his last season we should get a discount. Plus this would go along way at establishing a brand for both of them while also building team camaraderie
Old 01-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #60
driver
Pro Bowler

Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Looking at Welker's salary he has an 8M cap hit next year but only 2M in dead money if we cut him. A 6M savings for a guy who's a concussion away from being done. I say keep him but you know it will be discussed among the brass. And they dont have to worry about him going back to the Pats lol

Why not they could sure use a receiver who can block down field!

driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #61
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Deck will take the most money and who's going to blame him? He should get 7-9M a season. The issue is, if we give Deck that money we almost have to do the same for JT and DT, which we probably cant. The top payed WR duo's in the league by avg salary are Boldin 6M/ Crabtree 5.7M and Garcon 8.1M/ J Morgan 5.1M. Also add in Vernon Davis to SF for 7.3M. SF would be in cap hell if Kaep held out.

How sweet would it be if we could give Deck and DT identical contracts at about 7M a year? Let JT prove it one more year and probably cut Welker.
Deck could help us out by backloading a long term deal for the day Manning's payroll goes away, while giving maybe a slight hometown discount.

My feeling is, like you say, he'll want paid now and as much as possible. Which means you keep Welker and say bye bye to Deck.

As for keeping both, I think PFM is the real wildcard there. I hope he sees the writing on the wall and says, "Eff it, I'll take it in the shorts to keep the team together." When you think about it, he needs the money a lot less than either Deck or Welker. He can still pimp Buicks long after he's done playing football.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:33 PM   #62
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

if it came down to Decker, DRC, or Moreno, who do you re-sign?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #63
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
DRC, no question.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:48 PM   #64
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
IDK, but I will say I think a healthy Chris Harris was/is just as good as DRC. And im hearing DRC will be commanding 9+ Million a season while we can probably get Harris for 1/3 of that. I would personally rather keep the offense in tact even if we over-pay and then sign a bunch of mid tier FA's to 1 or 2 yr deals on defense. Trade up for a CB?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #65
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The only thing that matters in this league is having an elite qb. You have one, you have a chance.
That is exactly why Peyton has a ****ed up neck now.
If you have a franchise elite QB then you surround him with talent and you find ways to keep or replace that talent.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #66
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Moreno b/c DRC is not a FA in 2014. 2014 is a voidable year for DRC but he is signed through 2014.

I cringe at this, but Decker is replaceable. I would look to build WR depth via trade for Tamme or Dressen and a 4th rounder or via the draft.

Look at the talent that last years draft produced at the WR position. I would love to have another big 6-5 WR and there are three available this year via Texas A&M or FSU or Fresno State.

Hakim Nicks, Golden Tate, Jeremy Maclin...they all do what Decker can do with Manning tossing the rock. I doubt their production would be any less than Decker's.

We also need to try to resign Beadles, Ayers, Woody, Carter (hopefully Harris too), and possibly Adams. As well as rebuilding at DE spot. Shaun Phillips might resign for less if he doesn't retire.

There will be a lot of FA Corners hitting the market so we may find it easy to reach terms with Carter and possibly another great FA Corner.

I would love to get Byrd and/or Ward in here at safety. No way opposing qb's could keep up with that addition to our secondary.

There is no doubt that this years team has been stacked with talent. I can't believe the uprising at Oline, TE, RB, DLine, and even Corner. It would be great to keep building this depth, but obviously we need to cut some of the talent loose to continue building via the draft. With an awesome QB, you can continually rebuild gradually while keeping a lot of the parts the same.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 01-21-2014 at 08:00 PM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #67
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Moreno comes first, he's a team leader and this nonsensical assumption by some that Ball will just move into his role and we can replace him in the draft is foolhardy.
He pass protection and receiving is huge for a Manning offense and he has save Manning's neck many times this season.

After Moreno you go with DRC. He has been a shut down CB and whether Champ stays or not is needed to get the most out of this defense.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #68
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
nightmare scenario: Oakland will be flush with cash, $66M under the cap. I don't see how we could win bidding war with Dennis Allen.
It's Oakland
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #69
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
That is easy, DRC
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #70
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I think a 4 yr/17M or so deal for JT might be coming. He could go off for 17 tds next season and demand 8-9 Million. We could TAG DT next offseason if we have to, but Von and Pot Roast are both FA next year as well
4/17 isn't a realistic offer....he could get alot more on the market. If he is smart, he will wait.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #71
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
4/17 isn't a realistic offer....he could get alot more on the market. If he is smart, he will wait.
He's been hurt enough that he knows there's at least some risk in holding out. 4/17 isn't realistic, but if you can give him a fat signing bonus next season instead of his rookie scale you've got a little leverage there.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #72
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

They'll use the franchise tag on JT when that time comes. 6 Mil a year, would be a steal. Only concern would be a holdout.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:57 AM   #73
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
As mentioned by someone else , there's an injury history there. He only had 1 catch his first two seasons. The more I think about it , the more I think we just go all in for a repeat run. Everyone is under contract but Deck and Know. We tag Deck if we can't sign him and we let Knowshon walk and bring in a Rb known for his blocking and hands. This would leave us enough money on defense to sign a Cb and two defensive lineman.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #74
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
If Decker is just about the money... and the Raiders want to overpay him.. then more power to him. This may be Deckers 1 chance to sign a fat contract.

Its still the Raiders.. and they are going to stink for a number of years.

Decker would be better off signing with a team like the Seahawks, but are they willing to pay him more than the Broncos ?

I do think Decker is expendable, the draft is going to be deep this year.. finding a replacement shouldn't be too hard.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 AM   #75
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira's Lip Balm View Post
Decker attracts women to the Denver Broncos. I am a Denver Broncos fan. Ergo, Decker makes me attractive to women.
...and, gay men. I have a gay uncle who couldn't stop posting Decker pics, on Facebook. His male friends were just so giddy, about it...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote