The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #26
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I watched the NFC ch game. What really scares me is the amount of time Russell can buy with his feet. It led to a lot of plays downfield. The longer the play goes, the more the defense loosens and spreads out. Hardin getting the ball downfield in this scenario is scary. That's true for all their receivers but Harvin in this scenario is especially frightening.

But off the snap, I think I'd bracket Harvin with help. They reall need to tackle well between him and Lynch.

I don't think Harvin should be casually dismissed.

But I really think the bigger issue is bracketing Wilson and keeping in the pocket. Wilson's not Brady or Rivers. Without Miller, I'm not sure we have a pass rusher who can chad him around.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:31 AM   #27
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Percy Harvin?

Great, now we really don't have a chance
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:45 AM   #28
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Percy Harvin?

Great, now we really don't have a chance
We never did. I mean, it is the Seahawks. Look at the team, the legacy, the coach. They've been dominating this league for a decade. And their coach, Carroll is probably one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. I mean, did you see what he did at USC? Come on you can't deny that!?!

And the 12th Man is going to be the difference in this game. No one comes into CenturyLink and hopes to hear themselves think much less survive. Wilson has what, 6 straight Pro Bowls or something? Don't get me started on Beast. He will crush our porous run D. It is going to be counter gap All Day long.

I'm just going to drink heavily and hope that we don't embarrass ourselves too much.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 AM   #29
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Just put our most lethal player on the field to take him out. Wes Welker.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 AM   #30
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que View Post
We never did. I mean, it is the Seahawks. Look at the team, the legacy, the coach. They've been dominating this league for a decade. And their coach, Carroll is probably one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. I mean, did you see what he did at USC? Come on you can't deny that!?!

And the 12th Man is going to be the difference in this game. No one comes into CenturyLink and hopes to hear themselves think much less survive. Wilson has what, 6 straight Pro Bowls or something? Don't get me started on Beast. He will crush our porous run D. It is going to be counter gap All Day long.

I'm just going to drink heavily and hope that we don't embarrass ourselves too much.
LOB, 12th Man, Wilson now Harvin.

we have less than no chance now..... negative chance.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 AM   #31
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

This is beginning to take on Super Bowl 33 overtones. Loud, brash, somewhat obnoxious team (remember the "Dirty Birds?"), taking on a team that just goes about their business, with a QB in his late 30's.

Jesus, with the way the national media has been all over the 'Hawks, you would think we were taking on the '85 Bears defense.

All I can say is, someone is going to be open, they will not be able to cover all of the Broncos wr's and JT.

I have this strange feeling that "Trippy" (Decker) is going to have this monster game, thus "jacking up" his value come signing time. I know, laugh all you want...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #32
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

I don't disagree although I think it will be Trippy and JT.
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:40 AM   #33
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Come on man. Harvin is lightyears better than Darrien Gordon. Harvin is like Randy Moss with Devin Hester return skills at least.
Totally agree. My point was that even if Carroll only plays Harvin sparingly during the SB, if Percy manages to bust off a return for a touchdown, that may be enough.

I remember a game against Carolina in which Darrien Gordon ran back 2 punts for touchdowns, one right after the other to start the game. The Panthers were so demoralized after that they just gave up. Gordon pretty much won that game for the Broncos all by himself.

I don't expect Harvin to do this, but he only needs to be great for a few plays to make a difference.
Great thread. High comedy. Would read again.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:42 AM   #34
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If he were anywhere near 100% game shape then I'd be a little worried. I've been thinking this guy would be back for a month now but he continues to regress and get nicked. My guess is that he needs a whole offseason of training + camps to get back in gameshape. He can still be dynamic on returns but if you hit him in the mouth once or twice he's dunzo.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:43 AM   #35
Shananahan
Custom User Title

This is getting out of control.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #36
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Waiting for a single post where Armchair isn't blowing Seattle.

Just one.
Watch out, you'll get a clever neg rep like I did for talking about him.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:19 AM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The Broncos don't stand a chance. Fortunately, we made it this far, and that's an accomplishment in itself. We should all still be proud. It's been a great season.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #38
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Just curious what folks are thinking about Percy Harvin.

The Hawks traded 1st, 3rd, and 7th round picks to acquire him, but he's only played in parts of 2 games this year.

When he did play, he was an X-Factor both as a returner and as a WR making some great runs and spectacular catches.

He'll definitely be ready for the SB, and no one has much tape on the guy.
Hopefully the pandis strikes again!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #39
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Harvin has been banged up all year. He hasn't even played enough to get the rust off. I am not worried just hit him hard We Welker style.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #40
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Stop Lynch. Protect the ball. Be smart. Hoist trophy.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #41
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I doubt we see Harvin on any high impact plays like returns.

I do see Seattle using him in the motion on sweeps, putting him in the slot vs. Champ to test long ball speed and will see him on some read-option type plays. I would be surprised if Seattle didn't try to dial up 5-8 designed plays for Harvin. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a pitch count either. Doubt he gets more than 20 plays.

Overall, the guy is coming off a concussion injury. Previous to that, he's had hip surgery. Hip injuries change everything, primarily explosiveness. Look at Rod Smith and Priest Holmes. Not a good injury to have if you can't on running fast and being explosive.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #42
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
I have this strange feeling that "Trippy" (Decker) is going to have this monster game, thus "jacking up" his value come signing time. I know, laugh all you want...
Decker played great the last two games. We may lose him in the offseason, but I hope not. Maybe all those carpools to the game with Manning and Tamme will be enough to influence him to stick around a little longer.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #43
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Just curious what folks are thinking about the most bestest team ever, the Seahawks.

The Hawks have won 13 games like the Broncos, but Pete Carol is awesome and a way better coach than Fox.

Denver hasn't played a team like Seattle. Their defense is awesome. I am worried as a "bronco fan" that Russel Wilson is so handsome and awesome and go Seattle! it will be hard.

They'll definitely be ready for the SB, and no one has much tape on the guy. I'll almost be kind of sad for the Broncos when I jiz my pants when Seattle takes the field 2/2
I know you're being sar-CASS-tic! But I've arrived at the opposite end, a place where the Seahawks don't matter really, not to the outcome of this game. It's all about Manning and his teammates. I'm gonna start a thread on that, 'cause I don't it matters who the other team is ... things would be substantially the same.

As far as Harvin goes, Champ cancels him out. You think Champ has barely played this year? He needs a vacation compared to Harvin, who's seen the field for maybe a dozen plays all tolled.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #44
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Percy Harvin is quite possibly the most overrated receiver in the league. He can't stay healthy and he's far from a complete receiver when he's actually on the field.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #45
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think Harvin is an exceptionally dangerous player and that, on paper, he should mesh perfectly with Wilson's ability to extend plays. I thought the Seahawks scored a major coup when they got him.

Except for one thing, which is that he's been injured almost all year and has had virtually no chance to develop rapport with Wilson or the offense as a whole. And I think there are still questions about his health.

So I don't expect him to be a huge factor in the game.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #46
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

I fully expect Rivers to go HAM and decimate our D. No way Payton's neck holds up to the impending punishment. Cold weather, LT going to run all over us, Kellen Winslow Sr probably due for a big day. I am not sure we should even bother taking the field.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #47
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I fully expect Rivers to go HAM and decimate our D. No way Payton's neck holds up to the impending punishment. Cold weather, LT going to run all over us, Kellen Winslow Sr probably due for a big day. I am not sure we should even bother taking the field.
Last I heard he took his kid to Boston Market, yadda yadda yadda he's suspended for this game.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #48
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Just curious what folks are thinking about Percy Harvin.

The Hawks traded 1st, 3rd, and 7th round picks to acquire him, but he's only played in parts of 2 games this year.

When he did play, he was an X-Factor both as a returner and as a WR making some great runs and spectacular catches.

He'll definitely be ready for the SB, and no one has much tape on the guy.
Well Harvin hasn't really played all season with the Seahawks, last week he tried to play against the 49ers and when he got hit the first time it rattled him big time.

I don't think he is 100%... so let him play, give him a good love tap and I bet he stays on the sidelines like last week.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:28 PM   #49
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

His special teams aspect will be dangerous.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #50
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I doubt he's in any kind of football shape.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote