The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #126
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
No, because unlike you I'm not a football retard.
So, the guy who voted to keep Tebow over Manning is calling someone else a "football retard"?!? Lol! Good stuff as always, Ag. Keep 'em coming! I love me some unintentional comedy. And please, some more of your anecdotal football wisdom! I want some more stories about this dominant KC offense! Lol!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #127
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So, the guy who voted to keep Tebow over Manning is calling someone else a "football retard"?!? Lol! Good stuff as always, Ag. Keep 'em coming! I love me some unintentional comedy. And please, some more of your anecdotal football wisdom! I want some more stories about this dominant KC offense! Lol!
Let's be fair. We were talking about Brokeneck Rent-a-Manning at the time.

As far as KC's offense, they had a pretty good shootout with SD down the stretch too from what I remember. Plus, you don't have to say KC's offense is great to say they're better than Seattle's. Seeing what we did to the Pats' running game this week can't be giving them much confidence, either.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #128
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I wasn't aware that posters on the OM are playing in the game.
No we're not, but it just creates this bad karma, you know...
it's like the SD and Pats fans coming over here and disrespect us and all of that, and see what happened?
They lost!
All I'm saying that the Seahawks are a great team, and they're not KC, this is actually a very good team we're playing in the SB...
I've heard today that the team with the least amount of points and number one rated defense going into the Superbowl are 12-3 and the number one offense in the nFL going into the SB are 18-8.
So, it seems to me as a good match, and to be slamming the Seahawks as a bad team is wrong. They're well coached, great defense upfront and in the backfield and an awesome running back...

I like our chances, but I'm not going to be talking trash that may come back to hunt me...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #129
rsrobinson
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

A few differences between the Chiefs and Seahawks:

The Seahawks were 11-5 last year and came within about 30 seconds of the NFC championship game. The Chiefs won two games.

The Seahawks defense was #1 in the NFL in points allowed, total defense, passing defense, and takeaways this year. The Chiefs weren't.

Russell Wilson has better passing and rushing numbers than Alex Smith across the board, is a more dynamic QB, and is much more willing to take shots down the field.

The Seahawks won the toughest division in the NFL. The Chiefs finished second in the second toughest division.

The Seahawks haven't lost a game by more than 7 points in 2 1/2 seasons, a streak of 44 games including the playoffs. The Chiefs lost twice this year by more than 7 points over a span of seven weeks.

The Seahawks are 15-3 this year and in the Super Bowl. The Chiefs were 11-6 and will be watching the Super Bowl.

Last edited by rsrobinson; 01-21-2014 at 05:11 PM..
rsrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #130
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsrobinson View Post
Russell Wilson has better passing and rushing numbers than Alex Smith across the board, is a more dynamic QB, and is much more willing to take shots down the field.
Good post. This part right here is perhaps the main reason I contend that Seattle has a better O than KC. I'll take the team with the superior QB almost every time.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #131
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

We will see.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #132
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Good post. This part right here is perhaps the main reason I contend that Seattle has a better O than KC. I'll take the team with the superior QB almost every time.
Wilson has promise but has been pretty erratic this season. And Charles > Lynch.

Can Seattle keep Denver in the low-20's scoring? If not, it's hard to see how they keep up.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #133
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

no, they are much better than KC on O, D, and I'd give them the nod on STs too.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #134
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

The Seahawks were 11-5 last year and came within about 30 seconds of the NFC championship game. The Chiefs won two games.

The Seahawks defense was #1 in the NFL in points allowed, total defense, passing defense, and takeaways this year. The Chiefs weren't.

The Seahawks won the toughest division in the NFL. The Chiefs finished second in the second toughest division.

The Seahawks haven't lost a game by more than 7 points in 2 1/2 seasons, a streak of 44 games including the playoffs. The Chiefs lost twice this year by more than 7 points over a span of seven weeks.

The Seahawks are 15-3 this year and in the Super Bowl. The Chiefs were 11-6 and will be watching the Super Bowl.
To be fair, the Seahawks are better than the Chiefs but their losses were to Manning, Rivers, and Luck. And one of them was with their junior varsity team.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #135
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Big difference, the Chiefs were the greatest defense ever, the Seahawks are just decent.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #136
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Who cares? The Super Bowl is played on a neutral field. And against teams on a neutral field, both Denver and Seattle have records of 0-0 and 0-0, respectively.
Well actually Denver's record is 2-4 and Seattle's is 0-1
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #137
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well actually Denver's record is 2-4 and Seattle's is 0-1
and the neutral field def. favors denver. It shouldnt be too loud, Peyton can do all his peyton things at the line, and there's no crowd noise for the Seattle D to field off of. I dunno how big of an advantage it is, but I assume Peyton's ability to communicate with his offense at will is a real positive for us.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #138
Keira's Lip Balm
Solid Starter

Sup

Easterbrook raises a fair point here re: Denver's rushing defense. Basically how Clockwork Orange forces the issue for opposing teams and makes them abandon the run early.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10324687

That said, Denver still was 7th overall in rush yards per attempt, just like Seattle. And Easterbrook also makes it sound like the 420 rushing attempts Denver defended is some kind of outlier. Seattle defended 422!

There's some merit to the idea that Denver's pass defense's numbers are whacky because of all the garbage time shenanigans, so the number of passes they defended is much higher than Seattle's, and it stands to reason that the average yards per play would be higher in a soft prevent defense. Plus Denver's secondary isn't nearly as good as Seattle's.

But I still think both rush defenses are in a dead heat, as they're statistically the same. Denver's might even be stronger given the quality of Denver's offensive opponents over Seattle's, especially rushing offenses (Iggles, R3d5k1n5, Queefs, Faders, 'Girls and Cheaters all are top-10). The only top-10 rushing offenses Seattle played are Minny and SF.
Keira's Lip Balm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #139
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

I'm gonna have to answer "no" to the question posed in the OP since Seattle has actually won a playoff game in the past twenty years.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #140
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTilde View Post
It seems like Denver's defense turned the corner when they started tackling in practice. They'll need to tackle well against Lynch.

You mean like they failed to do against Blount? Oh, wait....

The thing that worries me most is Wilson's skill set. Denver has had some success against Rivers and Brady but their not mobile like Wilson. I worry that Denver's defense might struggle to keep him in the pocket and chase him down if he breaks the pocket.

You mean like they failed to do against Romo, or Pryor, or Luck or Vick or RGIII or Alex Smith? Oh, wait......
in bold
Old 01-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #141
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Maybe. But yards per game, and the advanced metrics from guys at both Advanced NFL Stats and Football Outsiders, suggest that Seattle had the better offense than KC.
Didnít the chiefs score more points than the Seahawks on offense this year?

I am seeing chiefs 26.9 and seahawks 26 per game
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...OINTS_GAME_AVG
Coldcity76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #142
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
1978 cowboys vs steelers
1984 dolphins vs 49ers
1989 49ers vs broncos
1990 bills vs giants
Teams listed on right had top defense,teams listed on left had top offense,and the teams in bold won.
Any elite QB's with an offense averaging 37.9 points per game on those teams?
Old 01-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #143
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

You forgot to mention the seahawks defense played against offenses that ranked 20th and 19th in the league every week. See for yourself at NFL.com stats page and average out those defense rankings:

yards/points

1) 49ers = 24th, 11th X2
2) Texans = 11th, 31st
3) Saints = 4th, 10th
4) Jaguars = 31st, 32nd
5) Rams = 30th, 21st X2
6) Panthers, 26th, 18th
7) Titans = 22nd, 19th
8) Cardinals = 12th, 16th X2
9) Falcons = 14th, 20th
10) Vikings, 13th, 14th
11) Bucs, 32nd, 30th
12) Colts 15th, 14th
13) Giants = 28th, 28th
Old 01-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #144
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
I bet somewhere on a Seahawks' board someone is asking if the Broncos are just the AFC version of the Saints.
Broncos were 6-2 on the road.....and could have gone 8-0 if not for mistakes they made to beat themselves.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #145
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcity76 View Post
You forgot to mention the seahawks defense played against offenses that ranked 20th and 19th in the league every week. See for yourself at NFL.com stats page and average out those defense rankings:

yards/points

1) 49ers = 24th, 11th X2
2) Texans = 11th, 31st
3) Saints = 4th, 10th
4) Jaguars = 31st, 32nd
5) Rams = 30th, 21st X2
6) Panthers, 26th, 18th
7) Titans = 22nd, 19th
8) Cardinals = 12th, 16th X2
9) Falcons = 14th, 20th
10) Vikings, 13th, 14th
11) Bucs, 32nd, 30th
12) Colts 15th, 14th
13) Giants = 28th, 28th
And the defenses we went up against?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #146
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Baltimore, NYG, New England, and KC x 2 were all top 10 in points/drive.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #147
Coldcity76
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
And the defenses we went up against?
Basically the same. The Broncos had a very small edge is opponent scoring. However, the Broncos broke records while the seahawks were just the best defense this year - that is a big difference and there's no justice in saying the super bowl is between the number 1 offense and defense. More like best defense this year (not even as good as 2005 Bears that had lower points on defense) against best ever offense.

Broncos opponents defense rankings yds/points
1) Giants = 8th, 18th
2) Chiefs = 24th, 5th
3) Raiders = 22nd, 29
4) Chargers = 23rd, 11th
5) Eagles = 29th, 17
6) Cowboys = 32nd, 26
7) Redskins 18th, 30
8) Patriots 26th, 10th
9) Colts = 20th, 9th
10) Texans = 7th, 24
11) Jaguars = 27th, 28
12) Ravens = 12th, 12th
13) Titans = 14th, 16th

Yds = 20.6 , Points = 17.5
Old 01-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #148
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcity76 View Post
Basically the same. The Broncos had a very small edge is opponent scoring. However, the Broncos broke records while the seahawks were just the best defense this year - that is a big difference and there's no justice in saying the super bowl is between the number 1 offense and defense. More like best defense this year (not even as good as 2005 Bears that had lower points on defense) against best ever offense.

Broncos opponents defense rankings yds/points
1) Giants = 8th, 18th
2) Chiefs = 24th, 5th
3) Raiders = 22nd, 29
4) Chargers = 23rd, 11th
5) Eagles = 29th, 17
6) Cowboys = 32nd, 26
7) Redskins 18th, 30
8) Patriots 26th, 10th
9) Colts = 20th, 9th
10) Texans = 7th, 24
11) Jaguars = 27th, 28
12) Ravens = 12th, 12th
13) Titans = 14th, 16th

Yds = 20.6 , Points = 17.5
Thanks. It's gonna be a good game. As long as we slow down Lynch, keep Wilson in the pocket and don't turn the ball over I really don't see us losing this game.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #149
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There has been 4 Super Bowls where the top offense faced the the top defense. The top defense won 3 out of the four.
In one of those the '90 Bills should have won the game over the Giants, but their K Norwood was wide right on a 43 yarder...I doubt Prater misses that kick.

The 2013 Broncos closely resemble the 1989 49ers offensively....and Seattle's D closely resembles the 1989 Broncos D as bpc has noted earlier.

The Bucs had the benefit of their new head coach knowing the entire offense and his former starting QB's tells when they demolished the Raiders

Turnovers will definitely be the key stat......if Broncos protect the ball they should win a rout.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #150
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
1978 cowboys vs steelers
1984 dolphins vs 49ers
1989 49ers vs broncos
1990 bills vs giants
Teams listed on right had top defense,teams listed on left had top offense,and the teams in bold won.
I stand corrected...I thought Bucs vs. Raiders was one of them.

Anyways, the Cowboys Jackie Smith dropped a sure TD pass from Staubach which forced the Cowboys to settle for a FG in a 35-31 loss

Norwood misses a FG that Prater makes 99 out of 100 times.

Dolphins were too one dimensional with only Marino and the Marks Bros.....and let's not forget the 49ers had a damn good offense themselves in '84.

Point being it's not like the #1 defense totally destroyed the #1 offense save for the Dolphins-49ers game....and as mentioned the 49ers were pretty good offensively in '84 too.