The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #26
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Who? Jessica?
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1390268376


Jessica Alba

Orangemane approved apparel
Attached Images
 
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #27
Quoydogs
I can fix it .
 
Quoydogs's Avatar
 
Here's Johnny !

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 4,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default

WOW I gotta say I thought this would be very lop sided towards Indy. I think unless he gets at least two Super Bowls he signs a one day contract and retires a colt.

We love Manning of steel here but did you see the crowd when he went to there house ? I mean he was playing for another team and there was not one person not on there feet cheering for him.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #28
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,572

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
WOW I gotta say I thought this would be very lop sided towards Indy. I think unless he gets at least two Super Bowls he signs a one day contract and retires a colt.

We love Manning of steel here but did you see the crowd when he went to there house ? I mean he was playing for another team and there was not one person not on there feet cheering for him.
I think he does regardless of the Super Bowls. Indy is still a big part of him and always will be. It's where his children were born. It's where he started his career and won his first Super Bowl.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #29
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelichickOwnsPeyton View Post
This question is retarded as ****, 4 Super Bowls?

And players don't retire as a Bronco or Colt or anything, that's a myth it doesn't happen.
!!!!

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...9-b88aa51bca66

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/tomli...-bolts-retires

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...a-panther.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ay-retires.ap/

Atwater left the Broncos following the 1998 season, signing with the New York Jets as a free agent for his final season in 1999. Atwater played for the New York Jets for one season, then retired. He signed a one-day ceremonial contract with the Broncos before announcing his retirement from football.

On March 30, 2010, Elam signed a one-day ceremonial contract with Denver so he could retire as a Bronco.


I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #30
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,734
Default

A player goes into the Hall of Fame as an NFL player where they'll list every team he played for.....

but he can retire as a Colts or Broncos player.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #31
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
Eat greedy

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,892

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

I've always said, I think if he plays his full contract and wins two or more Super Bowls, he will retire as a Bronco. That would mean he would have won more championships in Denver, and played 1/3rd of his career here.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #32
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I think he does regardless of the Super Bowls. Indy is still a big part of him and always will be. It's where his children were born. It's where he started his career and won his first Super Bowl.
If he wins a Super Bowl this season for the Broncos, it'd be no less valuable to this franchise than his 2006 Super Bowl was to the Colts franchise. It would also be unprecedented... people are making the mistake of thinking this is like Joe Montana to the Chiefs or Steve Atwater to the Jets. It's not. Nothing like what Manning is doing with the Broncos has happened before. I don't think he'd do anything to devalue that.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #33
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Two weeks from everywhere
Posts: 1,260

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan
Default

Obviously an absurd scenario, but I do think it is legitimate to wonder how long Manning would have to play in Denver and how much success it would take for his internal identity to switch to the Broncos. As much as I think he appreciates what Denver has going on with/for him right now, I'm not sure he will ever consider himself a Bronco first. He built the Colts in Indiana, and that area adores him for it. In Denver, we love him because we recognize and love football greatness. The fact that Elway is in the picture makes me think this even more, as some/much of the attribution for the Broncos recent success is to Elway (and rightly so). I want him to be a Bronco, but I don't think he will be remembered that way.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #34
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Who? Jessica?
I meant the girlfriend.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #35
Cutler4Life
Dom Casual Groupie
 
Cutler4Life's Avatar
 
My Hero

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: with my sisterwives
Posts: 7,917

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler, of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
WOW I gotta say I thought this would be very lop sided towards Indy. I think unless he gets at least two Super Bowls he signs a one day contract and retires a colt.

We love Manning of steel here but did you see the crowd when he went to there house ? I mean he was playing for another team and there was not one person not on there feet cheering for him.
I did and most Indy fans I know miss him. HOWEVER, I also saw the little bimbo fans holding signs up that said, "This isn't Manning's house anymore." I wanted to slap the crap out of them and not just because they were young and pretty and I am old and bitter, but mostly because I thought it was a ****ty disrespectful thing to do to Manning.

I also believe Irsay's behavior will impact how Manning deals with it. It also helps that we have Elway and the whole organization stepping up to get Manning what he needs to win. I think he finds a way as Manning can to give love to both organizations. Here's the thing if he wins a Superbowl with 2 different teams he will have done what NOBODY has ever done. I say the NFL creates the Peyton Manning Retirement Rule and he retires as both.

Last edited by Cutler4Life; 01-20-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Cutler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #36
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,029

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
Peyton will retire as a member of whatever team he's under contract with whenever he decides it's time to hang it up. Not his style to sign a one day contract just to retire. He isn't one to put himself in the spotlight. If he plays out his contract and decides to retire, it'll be just that with no retiring a Bronco, Colt or anything else.
Who cares.. Totally did that chick in your avatar....
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #37
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area CA
Posts: 748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright
Default

I actually think this would be a difficult decision for PFM. He would not want to diss the Indy fans (although he would not mind dissing the owner), and yet his most impressive successes would be as a Bronco.

I bet it would be classy what ever he decided.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #38
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBladerunner View Post
Obviously an absurd scenario, but I do think it is legitimate to wonder how long Manning would have to play in Denver and how much success it would take for his internal identity to switch to the Broncos. As much as I think he appreciates what Denver has going on with/for him right now, I'm not sure he will ever consider himself a Bronco first. He built the Colts in Indiana, and that area adores him for it. In Denver, we love him because we recognize and love football greatness. The fact that Elway is in the picture makes me think this even more, as some/much of the attribution for the Broncos recent success is to Elway (and rightly so). I want him to be a Bronco, but I don't think he will be remembered that way.
Manning will be remembered for his time as a Colt, no doubt. This question though boils down the the action of him signing a ceremonial contract to retire as a Colt. If he doesn't do that it would do nothing to diminish his time as a Colt or what that franchise meant to him. If he does, especially if he wins a Super Bowl as a Bronco, it certainly would make a statement that his victory as a Bronco was less meaningful to him. It doesn't strike me as something Manning would do.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #39
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,572

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Manning will be remembered for his time as a Colt, no doubt. This question though boils down the the action of him signing a ceremonial contract to retire as a Colt. If he doesn't do that it would do nothing to diminish his time as a Colt or what that franchise meant to him. If he does, especially if he wins a Super Bowl as a Bronco, it certainly would make a statement that his victory as a Bronco was less meaningful to him. It doesn't strike me as something Manning would do.
He retires as a colt, it's not even debatable.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #40
rolandftw
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,216

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Would think he retires as a Colt. However, if there is legitimate dislike between him and Irsay and he wins multiple SB's with the Broncos, it's possible that doesn't happen.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #41
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,572

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Would think he retires as a Colt. However, if there is legitimate dislike between him and Irsay and he wins multiple SB's with the Broncos, it's possible that doesn't happen.
That is the only X factor is if that douche bag keeps running his mouth it may chase Manning away totally. But I doubt that he pops off enough for that to happen.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #42
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
He retires as a colt, it's not even debatable.
Sure it's debatable. I'm debating it.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Denver Broncos