The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 06:40 PM   #26
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Who? Jessica?
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1390268376

Jessica Alba

Orangemane approved apparel
Attached Images

Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #27
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

WOW I gotta say I thought this would be very lop sided towards Indy. I think unless he gets at least two Super Bowls he signs a one day contract and retires a colt.

We love Manning of steel here but did you see the crowd when he went to there house ? I mean he was playing for another team and there was not one person not on there feet cheering for him.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #28
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
WOW I gotta say I thought this would be very lop sided towards Indy. I think unless he gets at least two Super Bowls he signs a one day contract and retires a colt.

We love Manning of steel here but did you see the crowd when he went to there house ? I mean he was playing for another team and there was not one person not on there feet cheering for him.
I think he does regardless of the Super Bowls. Indy is still a big part of him and always will be. It's where his children were born. It's where he started his career and won his first Super Bowl.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #29
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelichickOwnsPeyton View Post
This question is retarded as ****, 4 Super Bowls?

And players don't retire as a Bronco or Colt or anything, that's a myth it doesn't happen.
!!!!

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...9-b88aa51bca66

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/tomli...-bolts-retires

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...a-panther.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...ay-retires.ap/

Atwater left the Broncos following the 1998 season, signing with the New York Jets as a free agent for his final season in 1999. Atwater played for the New York Jets for one season, then retired. He signed a one-day ceremonial contract with the Broncos before announcing his retirement from football.

On March 30, 2010, Elam signed a one-day ceremonial contract with Denver so he could retire as a Bronco.

I'm not saying you're stupid, but wouldn't you have to be?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #30
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

A player goes into the Hall of Fame as an NFL player where they'll list every team he played for.....

but he can retire as a Colts or Broncos player.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #31
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I've always said, I think if he plays his full contract and wins two or more Super Bowls, he will retire as a Bronco. That would mean he would have won more championships in Denver, and played 1/3rd of his career here.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #32
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I think he does regardless of the Super Bowls. Indy is still a big part of him and always will be. It's where his children were born. It's where he started his career and won his first Super Bowl.
If he wins a Super Bowl this season for the Broncos, it'd be no less valuable to this franchise than his 2006 Super Bowl was to the Colts franchise. It would also be unprecedented... people are making the mistake of thinking this is like Joe Montana to the Chiefs or Steve Atwater to the Jets. It's not. Nothing like what Manning is doing with the Broncos has happened before. I don't think he'd do anything to devalue that.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #33
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Obviously an absurd scenario, but I do think it is legitimate to wonder how long Manning would have to play in Denver and how much success it would take for his internal identity to switch to the Broncos. As much as I think he appreciates what Denver has going on with/for him right now, I'm not sure he will ever consider himself a Bronco first. He built the Colts in Indiana, and that area adores him for it. In Denver, we love him because we recognize and love football greatness. The fact that Elway is in the picture makes me think this even more, as some/much of the attribution for the Broncos recent success is to Elway (and rightly so). I want him to be a Bronco, but I don't think he will be remembered that way.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #34
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
Who? Jessica?
I meant the girlfriend.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #35
Cutler4Life
Dom Casual Groupie

My Hero

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jay Cutler, of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post

I did and most Indy fans I know miss him. HOWEVER, I also saw the little bimbo fans holding signs up that said, "This isn't Manning's house anymore." I wanted to slap the crap out of them and not just because they were young and pretty and I am old and bitter, but mostly because I thought it was a ****ty disrespectful thing to do to Manning.

I also believe Irsay's behavior will impact how Manning deals with it. It also helps that we have Elway and the whole organization stepping up to get Manning what he needs to win. I think he finds a way as Manning can to give love to both organizations. Here's the thing if he wins a Superbowl with 2 different teams he will have done what NOBODY has ever done. I say the NFL creates the Peyton Manning Retirement Rule and he retires as both.

Last edited by Cutler4Life; 01-20-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Cutler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #36
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
Peyton will retire as a member of whatever team he's under contract with whenever he decides it's time to hang it up. Not his style to sign a one day contract just to retire. He isn't one to put himself in the spotlight. If he plays out his contract and decides to retire, it'll be just that with no retiring a Bronco, Colt or anything else.
Who cares.. Totally did that chick in your avatar....
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #37
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

I actually think this would be a difficult decision for PFM. He would not want to diss the Indy fans (although he would not mind dissing the owner), and yet his most impressive successes would be as a Bronco.

I bet it would be classy what ever he decided.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #38
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBladerunner View Post
Obviously an absurd scenario, but I do think it is legitimate to wonder how long Manning would have to play in Denver and how much success it would take for his internal identity to switch to the Broncos. As much as I think he appreciates what Denver has going on with/for him right now, I'm not sure he will ever consider himself a Bronco first. He built the Colts in Indiana, and that area adores him for it. In Denver, we love him because we recognize and love football greatness. The fact that Elway is in the picture makes me think this even more, as some/much of the attribution for the Broncos recent success is to Elway (and rightly so). I want him to be a Bronco, but I don't think he will be remembered that way.
Manning will be remembered for his time as a Colt, no doubt. This question though boils down the the action of him signing a ceremonial contract to retire as a Colt. If he doesn't do that it would do nothing to diminish his time as a Colt or what that franchise meant to him. If he does, especially if he wins a Super Bowl as a Bronco, it certainly would make a statement that his victory as a Bronco was less meaningful to him. It doesn't strike me as something Manning would do.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #39
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Manning will be remembered for his time as a Colt, no doubt. This question though boils down the the action of him signing a ceremonial contract to retire as a Colt. If he doesn't do that it would do nothing to diminish his time as a Colt or what that franchise meant to him. If he does, especially if he wins a Super Bowl as a Bronco, it certainly would make a statement that his victory as a Bronco was less meaningful to him. It doesn't strike me as something Manning would do.
He retires as a colt, it's not even debatable.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #40
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Would think he retires as a Colt. However, if there is legitimate dislike between him and Irsay and he wins multiple SB's with the Broncos, it's possible that doesn't happen.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #41
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
Would think he retires as a Colt. However, if there is legitimate dislike between him and Irsay and he wins multiple SB's with the Broncos, it's possible that doesn't happen.
That is the only X factor is if that douche bag keeps running his mouth it may chase Manning away totally. But I doubt that he pops off enough for that to happen.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #42
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
He retires as a colt, it's not even debatable.
Sure it's debatable. I'm debating it.