The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #26
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Broncos are 3-1 against the Pats in the post season. Yet all the media talked about was that JDR had never beaten Bill Belichick and his defenses didn't perform well. Brady was 10-4 against Manning. Manning can't win the big game.

No one mentioned Brady choking in the past 3 championships games he's played in, no one talked about the 8-7 postseason record since 05 coming in, no one said a single word about Brady's legacy being on the line if he lost.

It was Manning having all the pressure on him and his legacy being on the line.

I like the negativity. I think it washes over the team and makes them play more with an edge. There was a lot of talk of San Diego and New England winning with a lot of other stuff piled on.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #27
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
Put Brady with the Broncos offense and he's setting records again....

He lost 75 percent of his offensive production line-up from last year, more at times with injuries, and his team still ended up in the Championship game.

I don't like the Pats, but gotta be realistic.
Yep, these stupid legacy discussions and comparisons are pointless. Both dudes are great players. We have a much better team this year.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #28
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think I'd be more into the legacy issues if Manning had played the majority of his career here. As it is, most of that happened in Indy, and he certainly beat the crap out a couple Bronco teams back then, so I hardly thought of him as any sort of playoff "choker."

I'm just glad Denver has him now.

As far as Brady and the Pats go, the fact is that the BB era got off to one heck of an amazing start. It's also a fact that they haven't won the top prize in a number of years, even though they've come darned close a couple times.

Just goes to show how tough it is to get to a super bowl and even then, it means very little unless you win it.

So I'm just enjoying the ride while we can.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #29
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Well it's about damn time! Brady could do no wrong for years and Manning was ridiculed no end.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #30
BelichickOwnsPeyton
The Patriot Way

Kiss The Rings

If Manning doesn't win the big game, his legacy may never recover.

You can't be the greatest and have a losing record in Super Bowls.
BelichickOwnsPeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #31
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTilde View Post
I like the negativity. I think it washes over the team and makes them play more with an edge. There was a lot of talk of San Diego and New England winning with a lot of other stuff piled on.
Hey I am all for whatever helps us win games. But the media spin has been some bull ****.
Manning has slayed a lot of demons this post season and it will come full circle for the franchise if we beat the Seahawks.
We beat McDaniels in a money game and now we face off against a player he forked over to the Seahawks in Earl Thomas.
If we beat them then McDaniels era was worth it.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #32
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I heard that. Blamed it on the air in Denver.

I turned to my wife and said, "that is what we call an over through"

I think he is hurt, he has had shoulder issues for the last 2 years. After they lost Gronk who is a shorter pass option they went run heavy.

Dude then sits out a full day during the AFC Championship week prep because of a "cold". I think they were resting his shoulder.

Then he has those inaccurate throws during the game. His wing is hurt, he probably feels like he has to put more on it to get it there and ended up with the over throws and inaccurate passes.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #33
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

His legacy still remains. The media won't speak up about it but I am sure Manning still needs to win this Super Bowl to some and totally forget about Brady's postseason record in recent past.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #34
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelichickOwnsPeyton View Post

Yeah, you should know...

boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #35
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
Yeah, you should know...

I prefer this one:
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #36
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

they are both going to HOF so why does anyone give ****?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #37
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
they are both going to HOF so why does anyone give ****?
It's a annoying double standard. Brady is perfect and can do no wrong but Manning can't win the big one.
As a Michigan fan I love Brady but the media slurping on his nuts and the Pats pisses me off.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #38
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

2 best QB's ever for me are Manning and Elway....but, right there with them, are:

Marino, Montana, and Brady.

Here's how you know that your up against one of the best of all time...your team is up 23-3 with 12:00 minutes left in the game....and you're still worried.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #39
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Here's another note about Brady. I think he plays 5 more years. I'd be really surprise if he doesn't....unless he has another significant injury.

PFM, win or lose this Superbowl.....is going to play the John Elway game...and keep us hanging about whether he plays next season.

At the very, very best....Manning plays 2 more years.

So, when it's all said and done....Brady will own all of the records....with the only threat at that time being Drew Brees....and maybe Aaron Rodgers down the road...and way, way off Andrew Luck.

So, there will never be a clear cut.....he was the best QB of all-time...it's just how you see it.

To me...Elway went to 5 Superbowls, winning 2......and the first three only made the game because of him....they really had no business being there. He did more with less than any of the top QB's ever.

And PFM, was born with a gold jacket! He revolutionized the QB position. If the Colts had ever put together a great defense...they would have had at least 5 rings. There has never been anyone like Manning.....and probably never will be again. You're talking Albert Einstein in cleats!

Oh, and another thing about Brady....what he did this year....with those receivers reminded me of Elway. Except Elway would have found a way to win yesterday....only to lose 55-10 to the Hawks...because they would have had no business being in the Superbowl! :-)
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #40
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdog View Post
Brady did have crap for receivers this year but those overthrows in yesterday's game were pretty bad and can't be blamed on second string receivers.
Don't gloat too long folks as you might have 1 year of Manning left and then it's back to looking for a top tier QB and Mediocrity along with the Pats, the difference being the pats had a 15 year run and the broncos a three year run. Hell a SB win this year and you might be looking for a new QB, it's any time now for either QB.
What? Seems to me the Broncos are going to their 7th SB. The same amount as the Pats. We had a 16 year run with one of the greatest and now this. You've gloated for 15 years, what's the problem with any team doing the same? It isn't a right exclusively given to Patriot fans.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #41
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
It's a annoying double standard. Brady is perfect and can do no wrong but Manning can't win the big one.
As a Michigan fan I love Brady but the media slurping on his nuts and the Pats pisses me off.
i dont care about that. i guess im still bored from all the elway bashing prior to superbowl 32.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #42
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Here's another note about Brady. I think he plays 5 more years. I'd be really surprise if he doesn't....unless he has another significant injury.

So, when it's all said and done....Brady will own all of the records
Manning is 16,000 yards and 140 TD'S ahead of Brady. I don't see Brady catching him, he's only a year younger. Not many QB's remained highly productive into their 40's
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #43
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Both are great great QBs and the coastal bias of the media gets very boring.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 AM   #44
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Manning is 16,000 yards and 140 TD'S ahead of Brady. I don't see Brady catching him, he's only a year younger. Not many QB's remained highly productive into their 40's
Which means.... if Brady plays 3 more years after Manning retires (as was claimed in a post above), he'd need to pass for 5,000 yards and 46 touchdowns per season (a tall order if he were still in his prime, which he isn't) and would still be 1,000 yards and a couple of TDs short. Oh, and that's if Manning doesn't add to the 16,000 yard; 140 touchdown lead over Brady between now and when he retires -- another year or two with numbers anywhere close to this year's and Brady would need (pretty much unreachable) record-breaking seasons for those final 3.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:59 AM   #45
Chrissy Rules
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ESPN today I heard the BEST QUOTE EVER ; It was said to quote ; New England its time to face the fact that Tom Brady is a good quarterback he is no longer a great quarterback end quote. I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:19 AM   #46
extralife
Ring of Famer

stop all this legacy garbage. brady, like manning, is old. he's played in the league for a long time. his "legacy" is ****ing set. john elway played like garbage in three super bowls and just about everyone with a mouth puts him in the top five of all time. no different for brady or manning.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 AM   #47
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Pimp.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lucas Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
2 best QB's ever for me are Manning and Elway....but, right there with them, are:

Marino, Montana, and Brady.

Here's how you know that your up against one of the best of all time...your team is up 23-3 with 12:00 minutes left in the game....and you're still worried.
Quoted for truth -- Brady has been sucked off too much by the media for most of his career (particularly East coast), but it's just as reactionary and biased to say he ISN'T a great quarterback. He's easily top 10 of all time, regardless of whether he's in front of Elway and Manning or behind them in overall greatness.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:05 AM   #48
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I good way for Peyton to shutdown every leagcy/greatest conversation ever again is by winning 3 in a row. It we could win three in a row thats it as far as QB and we could even call ourselves the greatest franchise since no one else has 3 in a row.

This is why Elway needs to figure out how to keep Moreno and Decker. We cant break this offense up. Not now and not in 2 years. Its not the worse thing if we have a few bad contracts in 2017 after Peyton is gone. And I trust the defensive coaches to field a competitive defense with our draft picks and very cheap free agents.

Same goes for resigning Gase and JDR. Make them the highest paid coordinators especially Gase. Clemson's OC make 1.3 so lets give Gase 3Million for the next 2 years.
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #49
40yrpatsfan
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
The one overthrow in the first quarter when Adams let that midger get behind him was awful.

The one down the sideline in the second quarter that Simms said "would've been a TD" wasn't going to be caught inbounds with two feet in by a SHORT receiver like that.

The other up the seam at the end of the second quarter that Simms said "would've been a TD" would've gotten the receiver's block knocked off had it been on target.
100% accurate assessment. He made 1 bad overthrow that actually cost them anything, that first one to Edelman. I don't know what Simms was talking about on those other two. He actually had a pretty good game other than that throw. The lack of points was more due to no Gronk and limited Dobson.
40yrpatsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #50
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelichickOwnsPeyton View Post

Elway is considered one of the greatest and was 2-3 in super bowls….
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote