The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #151
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Hey Armchair, who on Seattle will guard Welker and JT? I have no clue, don't know anything about the Seahawks.
I'm pretty certain they zone up. Like chancellor fits the bill but he certainly wasn't exclusively on Vernon davis
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #152
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Ugly ass baby, really though you cant really be a fan of both teams.
Well, I am.

Yesterday was my Super Bowl. BOTH of my teams won! It was a great day @ my house.

Maybe I'll just mow the lawn or do some work in the garage during the Big Dance...who knows...?
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #153
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Well, I am.

Yesterday was my Super Bowl. BOTH of my teams won! It was a great day @ my house.

Maybe I'll just mow the lawn or do some work in the garage during the Big Dance...who knows...?
I have no clue how that's satisfying
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #154
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I have no clue how that's satisfying
Since I'm conflicted, I'll probably use the TIVO to record the game, then just skip past all the action so I can watch those awesome Super Bowl commercials!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #155
bronc_fan23
Broncoholic

I'm Peyton Manning?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like my odds when Manning and Gase have two weeks to prepare.
bronc_fan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #156
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Well, I am.

Quote:
Since I'm conflicted, I'll probably use the TIVO to record the game, then just skip past all the action so I can watch those awesome Super Bowl commercials!

Disgusting. How do you live with yourself................

Your not a real football fan your a pansy watching men in tights throw a ball around.

You can't be fans of both teams thats not how this **** works..........one or the other.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #157
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc_fan23 View Post
I like my odds when Manning and Gase have two weeks to prepare.
This will be huge. Our coordinators > Their coordinators.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #158
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #159
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Against SD we didn't punt, scored on 4 drives, and had a missed FG and endzone interception. So basically 6 scoring drives (out of 7).

Against NE, we punted on the first drive, scored on the next 6, then took a knee.

I say Seattle's D plays a little better, but we score the most points. 3 TD's plus 2 FG's for a 27-13 final. Our defense has been as good as Seattle's in the playoffs, against better offenses. I think we have the better run D and short passing game so weather will not save them (other than making the game more random).
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #160
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
Against SD we didn't punt, scored on 4 drives, and had a missed FG and endzone interception. So basically 6 scoring drives (out of 7).

Against NE, we punted on the first drive, scored on the next 6, then took a knee.

I say Seattle's D plays a little better, but we score the most points. 3 TD's plus 2 FG's for a 27-13 final. Our defense has been as good as Seattle's in the playoffs, against better offenses. I think we have the better run D and short passing game so weather will not save them (other than making the game more random).
And this is analysis from the same guy who thinks that Crabtree beat Sherman on the last play of the NFC Championship game...

:facepalm:

Does the term "zero credibility" have any meaning to you? Apparently not.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 PM   #161
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
And this is analysis from the same guy who thinks that Crabtree beat Sherman on the last play of the NFC Championship game...

:facepalm:

Does the term "zero credibility" have any meaning to you? Apparently not.
Except what he's saying is entirely true, and Seattle's Defense hasn't really played anyone this season.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:47 AM   #162
Castinkas
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

How the fck do you like Seattle and Denver??
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 AM   #163
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castinkas View Post
How the fck do you like Seattle and Denver??
Easy. I grew up in Denver and went to my first game in 1970. My folks had 4 season tickets (5th level, west stands) through the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's. My mom finally cancelled them (by then they only had 2 season tickets) during the McStalin regime.

In 1987, I moved to Seattle where I have lived ever since. So I've also been following the Seahawks for 27 years.

Whenever Denver played Seattle in the old AFC West (before re-alignment) I had tickets to the game and came decked out in Denver Broncos regalia. The Kingdome fans tolerated me but did not appreciate me.

After re-alignment, I now had 2 teams I could legitimately cheer for, one in the AFC the other in the NFC. Whenever they would face each other, I would cheer for the Broncos, but otherwise, I cheered for both.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:14 AM   #164
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Easy. I grew up in Denver and went to my first game in 1970. My folks had 4 season tickets (5th level, west stands) through the 70's, 80's, 90's, and 2000's. My mom finally cancelled them (by then they only had 2 season tickets) during the McStalin regime.

In 1987, I moved to Seattle where I have lived ever since. So I've also been following the Seahawks for 27 years.

Whenever Denver played Seattle in the old AFC West (before re-alignment) I had tickets to the game and came decked out in Denver Broncos regalia. The Kingdome fans tolerated me but did not appreciate me.

After re-alignment, I now had 2 teams I could legitimately cheer for, one in the AFC the other in the NFC. Whenever they would face each other, I would cheer for the Broncos, but otherwise, I cheered for both.
Lol stop lying.

There weren't any Seahawks fans in the 80's and 90's.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #165
jmz313
Ring of Famer

I don't think Manning will even test Sherman in the game. Lull him to sleep more or less than, only if needed take a shot or two at him with double moves when he's frustrated with lack of plays. Seems to be what Manning had done over his career.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #166
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Last year Matt Ryan took Sherman deep to Roddy White. If the guy Sherman is covering is open, he should expect the ball.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #167
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
Don't get me wrong. We are the better team. But on your list the following are pretty decent QBs:

Andrew Luck
Drew Brees X 2

That is 7 games against at least decent QBs. I am not sure our QB list is any harder tbh.
I fixed your bpost
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #168
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
Problem with the long passes is they will have to come off of play action - the Seahawk pass rush will be on Manning quickly - much quicker than we have seen in the previous 2 games.
No it won't. The Seahawks pass rush isn't a match for our o-line. Seriously they only managed three more sacks than the Broncos this year, and a lot of those were coverage sacks. They aren't anything special.

Edit: New England actually has a better pass rush.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #169
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz313 View Post
I don't think Manning will even test Sherman in the game. Lull him to sleep more or less than, only if needed take a shot or two at him with double moves when he's frustrated with lack of plays. Seems to be what Manning had done over his career.
Manning throws to the open man. If DT can get open against Sherman he'll see the ball.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #170
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

As long as we hold up in pass protection, I'm sure we'll find guys open to throw to.

I can actually see the RB's being huge for this game for us. Seattle might be so focused on limiting the Four Horsemen that they forget about Moreno/Ball out of the backfield. Manning has shown he is perfectly willing to just dump it for 7 yards a pop like that if they give it to him.

Also, I believe Sherman does NOT strictly shadow a WR. That means he will not exclusively be covering DT.

Seattle has an excellent secondary. They match up well against us, it isn't like we have an overwhelming odds in our favor here. Sherman likely shuts down whoever he faces. Earl Thomas is excellent. Then Browner, Maxwell and Thurmond all are pretty solid. Kam is decent.

To me, they probably will play a lot of mixed coverages limiting the four horsemen, but leaving the RB's potentially open for big plays throughout, which will then open up the crossing stuff. Key is also to have a somewhat decent ground game.

We gotta be able to run on them in their nickle set when they don't have an extra guy in the box.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #171
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
As long as we hold up in pass protection, I'm sure we'll find guys open to throw to.

I can actually see the RB's being huge for this game for us. Seattle might be so focused on limiting the Four Horsemen that they forget about Moreno/Ball out of the backfield. Manning has shown he is perfectly willing to just dump it for 7 yards a pop like that if they give it to him.

Also, I believe Sherman does NOT strictly shadow a WR. That means he will not exclusively be covering DT.

Seattle has an excellent secondary. They match up well against us, it isn't like we have an overwhelming odds in our favor here. Sherman likely shuts down whoever he faces. Earl Thomas is excellent. Then Browner, Maxwell and Thurmond all are pretty solid. Kam is decent.

To me, they probably will play a lot of mixed coverages limiting the four horsemen, but leaving the RB's potentially open for big plays throughout, which will then open up the crossing stuff. Key is also to have a somewhat decent ground game.

We gotta be able to run on them in their nickle set when they don't have an extra guy in the box.
Been studying Browners game real close recently?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #172
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Been studying Browners game real close recently?
Hah. Unfortunately Maxwell has replaced Browner well, but it's easy to look good when the rest of the defense around you is so strong.

I see Welker having a big game, like he did against the hawks last year (as a patriot). From what I understand the hawks play a lot of zone coverage, and it seems to me that manning doesn't get beaten by zone coverage. When they run cover 1 man I think manning will be able to pick apart the defense and exploit a mismatch.

As long as the o-line protects him as well as they have the last few weeks, I don't think manning will have a hard time exploiting mismatches. This is one of the reasons I thought SF's defense posed a bigger threat --their strength is in the D-line/pass rush. I like the matchups of Decker vs. Maxwell, Welker V. Thurmond, JT vs. Chancellor, hell even DT vs. Sherman.

When the hawks shut down NO, the best Offense they played all year, they did it by making brees uncomfortable with heavy pressure against his weak o-line (which had a mid-round rookie starting at left tackle). That, plus brees was highly inaccurate when he did have time to throw.

Basically what it comes down to IMO is how well the O-line can protect peyton. Given enough time he will find someone open, and be able to exploit some matchup on the field. I trust peyton with two weeks to prepare his o-line for the Hawks' blitz schemes. And I trust peyton with two weeks to prepare for the coverage schemes. They'll be ready.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #173
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

JT, Welker, and RB's will need to be huge in this game, as they will be the easiest targets over the middle. If the weather is good enough, Manning won't hesitate to target all of the Seattle DB's, just like he did in preseason.

Moreno and Ball will also need to come up big, as they will likely be running against 6-man boxes.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #174
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post

They better play man coverage all day. Manning destroys zone coverage in unholy ways.