The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #76
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Sounds fucking terrible, honestly.
I live in Green Bay, and my wife and her whole family are devoted Packer fans, which of course has made me love the team as well over the years. However, I've always been a Bronco fan and still remember our victory over them in Superbowl 32 as my favorite game ever (plus Brett Favre is a dousch). I always root for both teams, but can't think of a worse scenario than having them both in the superbowl again against each other.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:28 AM   #77
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Trust me, it's not.

I guess it's a little bit like being married to a Super Model, but also having an affair with a Brazilian bikini model at the same time.
Yeah, tainting your marriage to a Super Model sounds amazing.

/sarcasm
Dedhed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #78
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
^^ I thought it was a pretty apropos analogy. It's the classic, immemorial married man w/ mistress enigma.

But hey: an analogy is only designed to shed some light on a complex subject. I freely admit that cheering for two teams is complicated.
I have lived in Portland for 32 years. But I grew up in Denver and became a Bronco fan long before I moved here. Maybe you don't have that background and chose your team through some other process.

In all the 32 years I have been here I have remained a Bronco fan, through and through. It was hard to get information and watch Bronco games
in the 80s and since, until recently the internet made it much more possible.

While you can root for the Seahawks to make the Bowl, when it comes down to it, there can be only ONE team you are truly a fan of. A fan does not waffle on his team. He chooses and sticks with it. Anything else is bandwagoning, and BS fantasy crap. You cannot hope that your Second team plays well against your first team, because you like them ALMOST as much as the Broncos. A fan does not have such feelings. He roots for his team to win at any cost.

Choose!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:34 AM   #79
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Seattle's D is legit and is unlike anything we have seen this year, them safeties are no joke wow.

Earl Thomas is as close to an Ed Reed in his prime as you can get in the NFL.

Kam Chancellor is as close to Sean Taylor as anyones ever gonna get in the NFL.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:43 AM   #80
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
And today was (so far) the pinnacle of my career as a fan of NFL football. Imagine what it's like to cheer for two team IN DIFFERENT CONFERENCES and to have both teams make it to the promised land.
So how does this work then? You make your own two-sided jersey and root & cheer the entire game while swearing at the tv after every play. NO, that doesn't sound odd at all.... not a bit.

That sounds totally awesome! Have fun with that one
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #81
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I agree with almost all of that and would add 2 things:

5. Kam Chancellor is an All-pro SS, probably the best in the league, who can cover elite TE's and make hammer tackles at the POA equally well.

6. Their Press man and Press Zone technique seriously disrupts a lot of timing patterns and everyone in their secondary is exceptional with it.
Definitely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
agreed. Thomas has been huge and he (along w/ the typically effective 4 man pass rush) allows the back 4 to operate like they do. They also have atheltic LBs like Wagner and Wright who are much better in coverage than most teams' LBs. It will be a tough matchup, but if Denver plays like they did yesterday, I think we'll be happy.

I think Sherman is still a crazy good CB
I have Sherman at #4. He's not as consistent as a guy like Hayden and doesn't play on the same island as Peterson and Revis.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #82
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Seattle's D is legit and is unlike anything we have seen this year, them safeties are no joke wow.

Earl Thomas is as close to an Ed Reed in his prime as you can get in the NFL.

Kam Chancellor is as close to Sean Taylor as anyones ever gonna get in the NFL.
For real, I'd take Earl Thomas over Ed Reed's prime.

**** you, Josh McDaniels
Old 01-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #83
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

I have Sherman at #4. He's not as consistent as a guy like Hayden and doesn't play on the same island as Peterson and Revis.
He is a more complete CB though as he quite a bit better in zone coverage than those 2 for what he gives up in man coverage. He does make more plays too in man coverage. You have a skewed opinion because the opinion is he is the best in the league by most people instead of the fathead on your wall.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #84
yerner
Ring of Famer

All I know is after watching that Saints game a couple weeks ago is that they don't always stay in their lanes and if the Broncos can block the ends, there will be yards to take.

Brees stats from that game, 24 of 43 309 yards and a td. Give's me hope. Especially with them not at home.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #85
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
Luck put up points on them as well. Their defense is great but nowhere near historic. Denver's offense is as historic as it gets. Pittsburgh's defense in 2011 was about as good as this Seattle D and Tebow scorched them (although Lebeau kind of blew that one).
Indy and Luck beat them if you recall in Indy. So that is only Brees that is a top their QB that lost against them and his style of play lends itself more to being countered by Seattle's style of D, especially at home.

Would have been interesting to see New Orleans play the Hawks in the Superdome...

In any event, as long as the weather isn't overly a hazard for the precision passing game in NYC ... a big reason why i send a pox on the houses of Goodell and the NFL bosses who choice a non dome cold weather stadium for a SB!

It just makes the odds so great to have an unfair SB with one team benefiting far more than the other, and even if two ground game/defensive cold weather teams meet in the SB in such a place as NYC, the odds are too high that we will not see the best performance by either team and too much will be on luck and slippery balls and slippery fields.

It sucks! Why couldn't it be Phoenix this year with mild weather every winter and a retractable roof as added insurance that the weather will never be a factor in the biggest single game of the year! They ought really ought to restrict it to either dome teams up north or warmer climates with a retractable roof for SBs.

This is the one caveat that could really cost us ... I hope Percy Harvin isn't playing either. That hardly seems fair as well with all the key starters we have lost.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #86
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Also I will say Seattle's other CBs are overrated as hell they are carried by those safeties but those CBs can definitely be had.

I bet Manning will pick on Maxwell and WT3 a lot.

People are talking about KJ Wright LB being put on Julius Thomas please I hope that is the case ill take any LB vs Thomas. KJ couldnt hang with Orange Julius.

Last edited by KevinJames; 01-20-2014 at 10:02 AM..
Old 01-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #87
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Brees stats from that game, 24 of 43 309 yards and a td. Give's me hope. Especially with them not at home.
Bree's got a lot of yards off of a couple dropped INT's that fell into reciever's arms. The one thing Seattle did was completely shut down Jimmy Graham so bad that NO kept him on the sideline for most of the time.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #88
BelichickOwnsPeyton
The Patriot Way

Kiss The Rings

Seattle will hold you to 20 points in cold weather.

If they can top that on offense they will win.
BelichickOwnsPeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #89
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Bree's got a lot of yards off of a couple dropped INT's that fell into reciever's arms. The one thing Seattle did was completely shut down Jimmy Graham so bad that NO kept him on the sideline for most of the time.
Nah, I just rewatched that game the other day. Brees could have really given it to them on a neutral field in decent weather. That game was for the taking for New Orleans. 409 yards is not by accident. Open wr's, running lanes.

All I'm saying is that Seattle's d is going to get a handful with these weapons and Peyton.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #90
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Nah, I just rewatched that game the other day. Brees could have really given it to them on a neutral field in decent weather. That game was for the taking for New Orleans. 409 yards is not by accident. Open wr's, running lanes.

All I'm saying is that Seattle's d is going to get a handful with these weapons and Peyton.
I agree other than Jimmy G the saints WR aren't very good. Seattle has a lot more to deal with though. If SD and Indy can give the Denver O some fits Seattle definately can. Denver is playing great right now though and Seattle probably has bottom 3 offense in the NFL.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #91
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Kam is definitely a guy that I wanted coming out of the draft.

Vernon Davis wasnt the same after that hit last night took him out of the game mentally
Old 01-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #92
XtremeReaction
Perennial Pro-bowler

US Navy Retired 1982-2002

I found this post on seahawks.nethttp://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87109
While those stats are true the poster fails to mention that the Seahawks defense has only played 1 offense in the top 10 in the NFL

Carolina - 26th rated offense
San Francisco - 24th
Jacksonville - 31st
Houston -11th
Indianapolis -15th
Tennessee -22nd
Arizona -12th
St Louis - 30th
Tampa Bay -32nd
Atlanta -14th
Minnesota -13th
New Orleans -4th
San Francisco -24th
New York -28th
Arizona -12th
St Louis -30th

While I believe the Seahawk defense is good. I believe the Broncos are well and above any offense they have faced this year. Peyton will find the matchups he needs to succeed.
XtremeReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #93
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think Seattle's D is legit and obviously their secondary is the clearly the best in the league. To me they are excellent at bumping the WRs/TEs at the LOS. This will slow down our receivers but potentially their pass rush.

IMO the key to their secondary is time! If we give Peyton consistently 3 seconds and keep him relatively clean we will whip their secondary. Our guys are bigger, faster, stronger but just a smidge and we can spread this D out. Give DT, JT, Wes, BigDK time and Peyton will carve them up like a scalpel.

No offense to Brees but he clearly doesn't have the offensive weapons we do. I also like our balance in the backfield of Ball and Moreno to keep Seattle guessing.

If they can pressure Manning and hit him a bunch it's all over!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #94
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
He is a more complete CB though as he quite a bit better in zone coverage than those 2 for what he gives up in man coverage. He does make more plays too in man coverage. You have a skewed opinion because the opinion is he is the best in the league by most people instead of the fathead on your wall.
Sorry, I can't hear you over this post:

Quote:
I sure wish we had drafted Peterson now. If that was the case Holiday could be shown the door too. Denver probably would of pushed harder for Allen and got a better fax machine.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #95
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
For real, I'd take Earl Thomas over Ed Reed's prime.

**** you, Josh McDaniels
We did get demaryius as a result of that trade down though. So not all bad!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #96
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We did get demaryius as a result of that trade down though. So not all bad!
Earl Thomas was selected with the Alphonso Smith pick.

There is no bright-side.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #97
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sorry, I can't hear you over this post:
What does that have to do comparing Sherman to PP?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #98
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Earl Thomas was selected with the Alphonso Smith pick.

There is no bright-side.
Oooh. That's right. Carry on
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #99
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Seattle has the best secondary and its not close. The run D is their weakness. Saints ran all over them in the second game. They are good overall but if we take care of the ball and do what we've done all year we should win our 3rd SB.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #100
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

We have WELKAH!...his eyes will kill them all then take their knees out one by one.

Here's to a quick recovery the day after.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote