The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2014, 01:09 AM   #51
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

^^ I am a proud & lifelong Broncos fan who has lived in Seattle since 1987.

And today was (so far) the pinnacle of my career as a fan of NFL football. Imagine what it's like to cheer for two team IN DIFFERENT CONFERENCES and to have both teams make it to the promised land.
Armchair Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #52
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Armchair, would you say that you're a Seattle Seahawks fan, or just somebody who is easily taken in by the ESPN and east coast sports media hype machine?
Fixed.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 AM   #53
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
And today was (so far) the pinnacle of my career as a fan of NFL football. Imagine what it's like to cheer for two team IN DIFFERENT CONFERENCES and to have both teams make it to the promised land.
Sounds fucking terrible, honestly.
Shananahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:23 AM   #54
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

Quote:
Trust me, it's not.

I guess it's a little bit like being married to a Super Model, but also having an affair with a Brazilian bikini model at the same time.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #55
Castinkas
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

I don't understand this "two team" thing
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #56
itswutz4dinna
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah, when I was younger, I liked the Vikings maybe even more than Denver. But I eventually solidified on the Broncos and my Vikings love has faded more and more. But when I liked both, I remember thinking it would kind of suck if they faced off in the big game. You can't completely lose but can't completely win.

But if nothing else I guess it would make you realize who you truly like more. With Armchair talking about Denver fans making excuses for losing, I think he probably knows who he likes more.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #57
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Trust me, it's not.

I guess it's a little bit like being married to a Super Model, but also having an affair with a Brazilian bikini model at the same time.
You know you're either single and butt **** ugly...or your girlfriend takes off a few MPG sitting in your car when you're comparing being a fan to teams to being married and having affairs with models.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #58
Armchair Bronco
Pro Bowler

Call me "Old School"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darrien Gordon

^^ I thought it was a pretty apropos analogy. It's the classic, immemorial married man w/ mistress enigma.

But hey: an analogy is only designed to shed some light on a complex subject. I freely admit that cheering for two teams is complicated.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:20 AM   #59
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Trust me, it's not.

In that case, I'm going to cheer for 10 teams next year!
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #60
HoustonBroncosFan
Braccae tuae aperiuntur

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
So are these guys really as good as people say? Just look at the list of QBs they have faced so far this..... Does that list indicate that they are ready to take on Peyton ****ing Manning? I think they are in for a rude awakening to be honest.
Another way of looking at that list is simply the type of quarterback in addition to quality. Only Brees comes close to a QB that understands the game. The rest are great athletes, but can they really come to the line, read a defense, adjust, reread, readjust in 15-20 seconds.... And mostly be right all game along? I dunno...,
HoustonBroncosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:34 AM   #61
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Trust me, it's not.

sounds like something about to blow up your face to me.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:34 AM   #62
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seattle has a great defense, that is certain. But they will not have the kind of crowd noise they get at home in the Super Bowl, so the timing of the Bronco offense will be better than if the game was at Seattle. The Bronco o-line will benefit for sure.

But like anything, it comes down top matchups. Sherman probably lines up against DT most of the game, so can the other guys take advantage of their matchups and can the Broncos move DT around and make harder to jam?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:39 AM   #63
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

The Defense is good. Their front seven is good and of course the backend. They take two very good TE out of a game. (Graham+Davis) and play physical. The good thing is we played them in the preseason and but Caroll played this like a Reg. Season Game. So our team know what is coming.

The weather will be a huge faktor.

i just hope no snow or winds. cold doesent matter. peyton can play in the cold. but if the wind is crazy...
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #64
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

You might disagree, but I really feel like the NFC is the weaker conference this season. I don't think they can win against the Broncos. Any team in the NFC on any field, but I could be wrong.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #65
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Larry is still good but doesn't have a functional offense around him.

They didn't even have to play vs Wayne.
Uh, no. Reggie Wayne did play against them and Sherman played against him a lot. The guy that hurt them was TY Hilton because they played on the road and did not have the home field Advantage. SEA is a much less dominant team on the road. Which of course they will be playing on the road in the SB!
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #66
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I also think SEA's Defense is damn good. That Secondary is the best in the league by far, and Deion even said he thought they could be the best he has ever seen.

The thing about their defense that is amazing is they do not give up cheap plays or many explosive plays at all. That secondary and especially those safeties are both all-pro level and they are very intelligent and athletic enough to make plays. Sherman is extremely hard to beat and physical.

Personally, I think they are the hardest defense in the league to exploit with matchups because of the quality of their talent on the backend. That is what is going to get tested in the SB. PM is the best in the league at finding the matchups and also deciphering the coverages and picking the right player to get open versus that.

To me, the real question is how physical will they let the SEA DB's get in coverage without flags. Both SF and SEA were abusing WR's after 5 yards in that game, with very few calls. If that happens our guys will have to get physical back at WR and DB as well. If the refs allow the SEA DB's to play like they did in SEA against SF it will be a much harder day to throw the ball. If they start calling it tight, huge advantage to DEN.

All I know is I am looking forward to it!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #67
CEH
Ring of Famer

I would say Sea on the road against a few quality WRs in Indy and ARI put up some pretty good numbers.

Denver should still score 27-30
Sea Offense will need to keep which I don't see them doing
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #68
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Seattle's secondary drives off of the following:

1. They have a very good, one-gap, penetrating front seven across the board. Nearly every player in it is a successful pass-rusher.

2. They are physical far beyond the point that the rules permit.

3. Earl Thomas is amazing and his ability and range over the top allow for the corners underneath to play even more aggressively.

4. Richard Sherman is super overrated but still very, very good and most especially at disguising his coverage presnap.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #69
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Comparing Seattle and KC is a complete joke. Seattle defense is great across the map and KC has a bottom feeder defense. Seattle has great front seven and very deep across the DL. Their secondary has the best CB and S in the league and the other S and CB are very good. They are as good at man coverage as well as zone. I see them rushing only 4 and mixing coverage while letting Thomas roam and make plays. It will take turnovers for Seattle to win and they have been great at getting them.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #70
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Agreed.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #71
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Manning can shred any defense. I'm more concerned about Lynch. Everyone knows they are going to pound him and he still gets it done. Denver had to be able to tackle him. His 40 yard td run yesterday is a prime example of what he can do if you don't take him down.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #72
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

1. They have a very good, one-gap, penetrating front seven across the board. Nearly every player in it is a successful pass-rusher.

3. Earl Thomas is amazing and his ability and range over the top allow for the corners underneath to play even more aggressively.

4. Richard Sherman is super overrated but still very, very good and most especially at disguising his coverage presnap.
I agree with almost all of that and would add 2 things:

5. Kam Chancellor is an All-pro SS, probably the best in the league, who can cover elite TE's and make hammer tackles at the POA equally well.

6. Their Press man and Press Zone technique seriously disrupts a lot of timing patterns and everyone in their secondary is exceptional with it.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #73
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I'd say that the Seahawks' D is as good as advertised, but I'm more worried about the bad weather affecting the Broncos O than the Seahawks' D. The weather will play a factor, and not in the favor of the Broncos O.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 AM   #74
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

agreed. Thomas has been huge and he (along w/ the typically effective 4 man pass rush) allows the back 4 to operate like they do. They also have atheltic LBs like Wagner and Wright who are much better in coverage than most teams' LBs. It will be a tough matchup, but if Denver plays like they did yesterday, I think we'll be happy.

I think Sherman is still a crazy good CB
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #75
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I agree with almost all of that and would add 2 things:

5. Kam Chancellor is an All-pro SS, probably the best in the league, who can cover elite TE's and make hammer tackles at the POA equally well.

6. Their Press man and Press Zone technique seriously disrupts a lot of timing patterns and everyone in their secondary is exceptional with it.
KJ Wright has been good on TE too and allowed Seattle to play base D a lot. He has been banged up though but I expect him to play in 2 weeks.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote