The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #26
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
Enough with the ****ing Grantland articles already.
Relax, bro. Nobody's forcing you to read them.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #27
AZBroncomaniac
Rock Steady Rookie

Y'all sound like Peanuts' parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
Enough with the ****ing Grantland articles already.
! I like how Peyton is referred to as "Evil Manning" in this article.... great unbiased sports journalism.

Edit..... noticed this was a mailbag QUESTION :/

Last edited by AZBroncomaniac; 01-18-2014 at 09:21 AM..
AZBroncomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #28
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBroncomaniac View Post
I like how Peyton is referred to as "Evil Manning" in this article....
It's been a running joke all season. And Simmons doesn't even pretend to hide his bias.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #29
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I hate them because they are the NFL's team, they get all the calls, hardly ever get flagged, the NFL changed rules for them, and most importantly we hardly ever beat them
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #30
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

You guys aren't trying very hard.

I believe you CAN say nice things about them if you try. 18 out of 19 times, anyway ....

Watch:
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #31
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Their stadium is named after a cool razor ... the same one I use!

That's a nice thing.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #32
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Their stadium is named after a cool razor ... the same one I use!

That's a nice thing.
They rip you off. You should look into dollar shave club.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #33
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I Hate McDaniels
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #34
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Five dollars a blade is too much? (It's really $1 a blade, cause there's FIVE blades!)

Are the Dollar Club blades good, seriously?
Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #35
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

I don't hate them. I think what they have done is quite amazing. And by that I mean getting away with cheating.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #36
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Five dollars a blade is too much? (It's really $1 a blade, cause there's FIVE blades!)

Are the Dollar Club blades good, seriously?
They're just as good as what you're using. You get a choice of three different kinds.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #37
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Just take care of your blades (dry them every shave, oil them often) and you can make them last months.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #38
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTilde View Post
For the most part, their success is fraudulent. I'm talking about the length they went to in order to cheat. What they did was more egregious than Bonds or Clemens doing steroids. I'm talking about the range of years that they were dedicated to amassing a video library of other teams' signals.

And while Bonds and Clemens may never make the hall of fame for doing what 60% of the league was doing, the media and others constantly look past the cheating when it comes to the Patriots. There have been other forms of cheating but few rise to that level. Sorry, but all of their Super Bowls are tainted and they should be vacated. Instead, what does Goodell do? He gives them a penalty that's a slap on the wrist compared to what they did. And why does the media constantly look past this when showering Belichick with praise?

Plus, look at who have suffered as a result of New England's cheating. There are the teams they *beat in the Super Bowls but also those who they *beat along the way. You have two QBs whose reputations have been shaped largely by what happened during their years of video taping signs. We also now have to tolerate guys like Bruschi, McGinest, and Evans on TV talking as grand old men of "the patriot way". It's stupid.

I think this insistence by many to look past thus or to dismiss it as no big deal might stem from an aversion by many to see shades of gray. Or maybe their flaw is that they want to insist that what they experienced was legitimate. Maybe they see football as being too sacred and don't want parts of its history to turn into McGwire/Sosa '98.

There's a difference between a mistake and fraud. What they did was fraud. It wasn't isolated or insignificant. They were dedicated to this form of fraud for several years. Madoff went to prison, Bonds isn't making it to the hall of fame, and the Patriots shouldn't get a pass.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #39
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I hate them because of mcdaniels. If they didn't take him back I would dislike them, but that's the reason I hate them.

Plus the cheating.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #40
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I thought of something else nice to say: Brady is a feminist, he's big on women's rights. How else could such a highly-paid athlete keep hold of his masculinity when his wife earns three times what he does?

See? You can say nice things about them.
That isn't a good quality IMO.

Also, I started hating them when they were found to cheat and then they made up McDaniels like he was the 2nd coming of Belicheat. Far from it.
Attached Images

broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #41
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

I hate them because they are cheating scum.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #42
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I hate them because they are the NFL's team, they get all the calls, hardly ever get flagged, the NFL changed rules for them, and most importantly we hardly ever beat them
We hardly ever beat them? We owned them for much of their dominant years. Their streak against us only a few years old, and is mostly the result of getting to play at home nearly every game lately.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:02 AM   #43
pricejj
jungle

NE wouldn't be jack-crap this year without Blount and Talib. Two Pro Bowl quality players given up for nothing by Patriot-plant Schiano.

Patriot-plants have been doing this for years in the form of one-sided trades for high draft picks, and quality players, while in effect becoming "farm teams" for NE.

Patriot plants Mangini, Crennel, and McDaniels had a combined 0.378 win percentage (without a winning season).

Patiot-plant Pioli gave NE a sweetheart deal for their backup QB, and finished with a 0.328 win percentage (the vast majority of KC's "good" players are holdovers from the previous regime).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #44
whoeey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I hate them because they are cheating scum.
Cheating scum
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #45
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
We hardly ever beat them? We owned them for much of their dominant years. Their streak against us only a few years old, and is mostly the result of getting to play at home nearly every game lately.
This.

There was a point when Brady's record vs. Denver was 1-5 or 1-6. The only win was in Denver vs. our THIRD string QB (Kanell), and even then he BARELY beat us.

I believe that culminated in 2009 (mustard uniforms).

Since THEN, they have beaten us I think every time....4 games

2011 - 2 times (regular season in Denver, playoff drubbing in Foxboro)
2012 - Our last loss of regular season before 11 straight wins

We did lose to them in 2008......but that was Cassell, not Brady.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #46
pricejj
jungle

Here is a short list of some of NE's nefarious activities:

1. Spy-gate - illegal
2. Putting a microphone on Defensive players - illegal
3. Patriot-plants supplying NE with high draft picks, and quality players - illegal
4. Sending McDaniels to destroy the Broncos (previously only team with winning record against Brady) - why else the smirk?
5. Tuck rule - illegal
6. Changing "roughing the passer" rules to benefit Brady - illegal
6. Being the least penalized team in the NFL (by far) over the last decade - illegal
7. Referee manipulation of games by calling phantom penalties against opponents - illegal
8. Playing in the AFC East, and having least competitive non-division strength of schedule year after year (almost guaranteeing home-field advantage) - should be illegal
9. Belicheat was the pioneer of "faking injuries" to artificially slow down games - illegal
10. Manipulating play-clocks, and in-stadium communications - illegal
11. Leg-whipping - illegal
12. Their main passing plays are illegal picks > 5 yards down the field - illegal
13. Falsely manipulating injury reports - illegal
14. Weapons trafficking - illegal
15. Perjury under oath - illegal
16. 2nd degree murder - illegal
17. Destruction of evidence in a homicide - illegal
18. 1st degree murder - illegal

Last edited by pricejj; 01-18-2014 at 10:31 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #47
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
NE wouldn't be jack-crap this year without Blount and Talib. Two Pro Bowl quality players given up for nothing by Patriot-plant Schiano.
This one really makes me suspicious. On one hand I have a hard time imagining a coach would actually sabotage himself like that, but on the other hand those trades are so incredibly lopsided and they both went to the evil empire. It is fishy.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #48
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

The Ravens, Chiefs, and Raiders I hate, the Pats are just a really good team year after year. Go Broncos!!!
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #49
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I Hate McDaniels
That's my issue with New England. That little beady-eyed weasel was in the process of destroying this franchise before Bowlen came to his senses. Had no idea what he was doing, using Denver as a kind of practice-run head coaching stint.

Cannot stand that little prick.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #50
DomCasual
The Dude abides.

Shameless Homer

I'll repost a post I wrote when the Patriots lost to the Giants, to end their undefeated season. I'll tell you that I hate Boston sports with the fire of a thousand suns. I could add a few lines to this, including the fact that Red Sox fans at Coors Field acted, well, typical, when my young son and I attended the deciding game of the World Series, a few years ago.

Of all the posts I've made on the Mane, I don't know that there was a single one that felt better than the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I can't believe it. Boston sports fans around the country are already reverting back to, "We've suffered for so long! Woe is us!" mode.

I'll admit. I hate Boston sports. And it's without question a 21st Century thing. I was indifferent at worst, passively positive at best as little as five years ago.

Now? Not so much.

With that said, here are my Top Ten reasons most sports fans would like to kick crying, sympathy-seeking Patriots fans in the lower groinal region:

1) They've had an embarrassment of riches of late.

2) Their coach is one of the most hated figures in all of sports.

3) Bill Simmons.

4) Their fans have generally acted like a bunch of douchebags over the last five years.

5) Most Patriots fans are very likely also Red Sox fans. The Red Sox and their fans have achieved something I would have thought to be impossible - they've made people pull for the Yankees.

6) The movie "Fever Pitch"

7) Blatant, unashamed feelings of superiority among their fans (granted, it's very similar to #4, but come on! These people take douchebaggery to previously-unknown heights).

8) Spygate, and the players'/coach's total lack of remorse regarding it.

9) Bill Simmons.

10) Their immediate assumption that they could jump back into the "Woe is us" roll the first time something went wrong.

Let me get this straight. You whine about the pain of being Boston sports fans, the Curse of the Bambino, how you're never rewarded for your loyalty, yadda yadda yadda. You go on and on and on about this. You leverage the universal hatred of the Yankees to help your cause. You get the country pulling for you - especially as it pertains to the Red Sox. And people end up being genuinely happy for you when things finally turn around.

How do you respond? You start thumping your chests and blathering about how Boston fans are superior to those of other teams. You put the word "Nation" behind the name of each of your teams, and you gleefully adopt all the morons that became fans in, oh, the last five years, or so. You smugly and pretentiously go on and on about how other teams' fans "just don't understand" what it's like to win after suffering for so long. For a fan of a team that hasn't won anything in, say, twenty years or so - the joy of winning is cute, but very shallow. For Boston fans, it's poetic. You hypocritically whine about the "Evil Empire" - until you become it.

Then you have the audacity and total lack of self-awareness to revert back to "Woe is me - you don't know what it's like to invest six months of your life, only to be disappointed" mode when your team chokes?

So yeah, most of us would take a sledge hammer to your balls, if we had the chance.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote