The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #1
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default Why do YOU hate the Patriots?

Why do you hate the Patriots? It's pretty clear about 9 out of 10 Mane regulars despise the Patriots .... but at least on the surface there's lots of reasons NOT to hate them:

1. We're both original AFL, in fact we beat 'em in the first-ever AFL game
  2. Even though we didn't beat anybody in the AFL days, we're still 27-20 against them all-time
  3. Many feel their old logo helped change some long-held societal attitudes for the better
  4. Patriots lost TWO of the 13-straight NFC Super Bowl wins, helping set us up for our historic beat down of that streak
  5. They declined to bump their offer to Welker (because what, he was "too gung-ho?"), so Welker came over and was instrumental in helping us field the greatest offense ever.

See? You CAN say nice things about the Patriots if you try.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I really only hate them when we play them
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I hate them for their success. #murica
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I thought of something else nice to say: Brady is a feminist, he's big on women's rights. How else could such a highly-paid athlete keep hold of his masculinity when his wife earns three times what he does?

See? You can say nice things about them.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Its the success I just get sick of hearing about the patriots every time I turn on the NFL network...it just gets old
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #6
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

I hate them primarily because of their fan base. They are absolutely intolerable. And living here makes it THAT much more unbearable.

They INSIST upon you that you agree that Brady is the greatest EVAH!
They INSIST upon you that BB is the greatest coach EVAH!

And if you disagree with them.....well, you're just an ignorant sports fan.

I also hate those fans b/c, as we all know, they are front-runners. Back in the 80s when they sucked, they had blackouts all the time b/c they couldn't sell out Sullivan Stadium.....one of the smaller venues in the league.

The perception is reality, IMO.....and that is a HUGE population of "fans" became "fans" in 2001. Admittedly, you've got some people who became fans in 1993 with the arrival of Parcells and Bledsoe. And sure.....there are some old-timers who have been fans forever.

But still, insufferable bastards.......all of them.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I rooted for that 01 team. And even then I didnt mind them until the video scandal.

Once Bellichek became Bellicheat, I have actively rooted against them.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

hate is a strong word... but not strong enough! loathe works much better for me.

1) ma-holes
2) belicheat
3) ma-holes
4) McD
5) east coast media bias
6) ma-holes
7) goodell always forcing us to play @ NE (year after year after year)
8) ma-holes
9) kraft
10) ma-holes

Last edited by Gort; 01-18-2014 at 08:10 AM..
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #9
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Bellicheat and McFhackStick
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #10
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They're so far up their own ass it's unbelievable.

The whole 'Patriot Way'/we're so much more of a TEAM than you bull****.

Not many individuals there I particularly hate.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
TripleTilde
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

For the most part, their success is fraudulent. I'm talking about the length they went to in order to cheat. What they did was more egregious than Bonds or Clemens doing steroids. I'm talking about the range of years that they were dedicated to amassing a video library of other teams' signals.

And while Bonds and Clemens may never make the hall of fame for doing what 60% of the league was doing, the media and others constantly look past the cheating when it comes to the Patriots. There have been other forms of cheating but few rise to that level. Sorry, but all of their Super Bowls are tainted and they should be vacated. Instead, what does Goodell do? He gives them a penalty that's a slap on the wrist compared to what they did. And why does the media constantly look past this when showering Belichick with praise?

Plus, look at who have suffered as a result of New England's cheating. There are the teams they *beat in the Super Bowls but also those who they *beat along the way. You have two QBs whose reputations have been shaped largely by what happened during their years of video taping signs. We also now have to tolerate guys like Bruschi, McGinest, and Evans on TV talking as grand old men of "the patriot way". It's stupid.

I think this insistence by many to look past thus or to dismiss it as no big deal might stem from an aversion by many to see shades of gray. Or maybe their flaw is that they want to insist that what they experienced was legitimate. Maybe they see football as being too sacred and don't want parts of its history to turn into McGwire/Sosa '98.

There's a difference between a mistake and fraud. What they did was fraud. It wasn't isolated or insignificant. They were dedicated to this form of fraud for several years. Madoff went to prison, Bonds isn't making it to the hall of fame, and the Patriots shouldn't get a pass.
TripleTilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #12
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Their fans.

The cheating.

The media (Peter King, Bill Simmons etc)
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I agree it is %100 their fan base. Their fans can't fathom that there are other players that might be better than even some of theirs. They have to have say they have the best everything or they bleed out of their vages. And the instant one of the "best evah!" players leaves their team, he's a bum and whoever replaced him is "so much bettah!" Their fans march around the internet and attack anyone who thinks their team can win. They've lost games every season so there is empirical evidence they lose games, but they're total dickholes.

I have never minded the players. Rodney Harrison was always an annoying little puke, but he's been retired some years. I don't mind Belichick. Brady has started to annoy me. I didn't mind the Ugs, or his irritating wife. But the past few years he's really turned into a whiner on the field - as much as Phillip Rivers.

The biggest thing that pisses me off is when Manning loses, especially in the post season, he's labeled a choker, but when Brady loses, no one says anything.

The Patriots had the single biggest choke job in NFL history, blowing a perfect season to a a scrappy, but honestly not that great wild card Giants team. They lost on a catch to a receiver who isn't even in football anymore. And no one says a damn thing about Brady choking. He hasn't won a SB since the cheating scandal. And no one says as damn thing. He's played without solid defense his entire career, and had one of the best coaches in the history of football. He's failed to turn as many players into pro bowlers the way Manning has. Manning hasn't played with good defenses and had special teams hurt him in the playoffs.

So I hate the fans. And I hate the way the media gives Brady a pass. But beyond that, I don't have a problem with the players. I would probably like them more if we didn't have to play in Foxborough every year.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #14
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I agree it is %100 their fan base. Their fans can't fathom that there are other players that might be better than even some of theirs. They have to have say they have the best everything or they bleed out of their vages. And the instant one of the "best evah!" players leaves their team, he's a bum and whoever replaced him is "so much bettah!" Their fans march around the internet and attack anyone who thinks their team can win. They've lost games every season so there is empirical evidence they lose games, but they're total dickholes.

I have never minded the players. Rodney Harrison was always an annoying little puke, but he's been retired some years. I don't mind Belichick. Brady has started to annoy me. I didn't mind the Ugs, or his irritating wife. But the past few years he's really turned into a whiner on the field - as much as Phillip Rivers.

The biggest thing that pisses me off is when Manning loses, especially in the post season, he's labeled a choker, but when Brady loses, no one says anything.

The Patriots had the single biggest choke job in NFL history, blowing a perfect season to a a scrappy, but honestly not that great wild card Giants team. They lost on a catch to a receiver who isn't even in football anymore. And no one says a damn thing about Brady choking. He hasn't won a SB since the cheating scandal. And no one says as damn thing. He's played without solid defense his entire career, and had one of the best coaches in the history of football. He's failed to turn as many players into pro bowlers the way Manning has. Manning hasn't played with good defenses and had special teams hurt him in the playoffs.

So I hate the fans. And I hate the way the media gives Brady a pass. But beyond that, I don't have a problem with the players. I would probably like them more if we didn't have to play in Foxborough every year.
This x1,000.

Excuses. As you say.....when Manning loses....well, that's to be expected, cause he "sucks" in the playoffs and is a general choker.

But if Brady loses.....there's always an excuse....

"The refs FAHKED us."
"Brady is throwing to rookies this year."
"The refs FAHKED us."
"Our entire defense is injured."
"The refs FAHKED us."
"We fumbled too many times."
"The refs FAHKED us."
"The refs FAHKED us."
"The refs FAHKED us."

Nothing is Brady's fault.....NOTHING. Cause well, he's the greatest EVAH.

Unbearable.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

The Patriots have my respect as a tough football team. They don't beat themselves. They are talented smart football players with excellent coaching. Good on'em. To beat them you have to play better and that is a tall order.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTilde View Post
For the most part, their success is fraudulent. I'm talking about the length they went to in order to cheat. What they did was more egregious than Bonds or Clemens doing steroids. I'm talking about the range of years that they were dedicated to amassing a video library of other teams' signals.

And while Bonds and Clemens may never make the hall of fame for doing what 60% of the league was doing, the media and others constantly look past the cheating when it comes to the Patriots. There have been other forms of cheating but few rise to that level. Sorry, but all of their Super Bowls are tainted and they should be vacated. Instead, what does Goodell do? He gives them a penalty that's a slap on the wrist compared to what they did. And why does the media constantly look past this when showering Belichick with praise?

Plus, look at who have suffered as a result of New England's cheating. There are the teams they *beat in the Super Bowls but also those who they *beat along the way. You have two QBs whose reputations have been shaped largely by what happened during their years of video taping signs. We also now have to tolerate guys like Bruschi, McGinest, and Evans on TV talking as grand old men of "the patriot way". It's stupid.

I think this insistence by many to look past thus or to dismiss it as no big deal might stem from an aversion by many to see shades of gray. Or maybe their flaw is that they want to insist that what they experienced was legitimate. Maybe they see football as being too sacred and don't want parts of its history to turn into McGwire/Sosa '98.

There's a difference between a mistake and fraud. What they did was fraud. It wasn't isolated or insignificant. They were dedicated to this form of fraud for several years. Madoff went to prison, Bonds isn't making it to the hall of fame, and the Patriots shouldn't get a pass.
Damn, great post.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/spy...23620093?mt=11
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #17
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
Their fans.

The cheating.

The media (Peter King, Bill Simmons etc)
In a nutshell ^^^^
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #18
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The Patriots have my respect as a tough football team. They don't beat themselves. They are talented smart football players with excellent coaching. Good on'em. To beat them you have to play better and that is a tall order.

This reminds me: they are one of the least penalized times in the league. Even with an injury riddled, rookie filled roster. Good job NFL officiating.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:49 AM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Their fans and the cheating. I hate how when the media talks about their success they conveniently forget how they cheated and haven't won a SB since.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
rmsanger
I support Missouri cops

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

we are going to step on them and squash them like a bug as we did back in the shanny days.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #21
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

And I hate the way the media gives Brady a pass
Yep, this dovetails will TripleTilde's post on the cheating. Burnished by that illegitimacy Brady is unquestionable.

So after the last Super Bowl in the playoffs-

In 2005 throws 100 yard Int - Pats lose to Denver
In 2006 throws one TD & one Int in Championship game loss to Indy
In 2007 leads the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 14 points in the Super Bowl (In Manning-speak this is a CHOKE JOB)
In 2009 throws 3 INT and 154 yards in a home loss to Balt.(In Manning-speak this is a CHOKE JOB)
In 2010 throws 1 INT in a loss the Jets
In 2011 leads the 2nd best offense in football that year to 17 points in the Super Bowl (In Manning-speak this is a CHOKE JOB)
In 2012 in the AFC Championship throws 2 INT as the Patriot blow home field advantage (In Manning-speak this is a CHOKE JOB)

His failures are completely ignored by the media for some reason.

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 01-18-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #22
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

In general, just being surrounded by Mazsholes and Red Sox fans makes me not like them.

The smugness and "Yeah, so?" attitude when they got caught cheating.

Since the early 2000's for whatever reason, they've gotten more calls/non-calls than Duke.

Constant praise by the media which influences casual fans who don't know any better about football.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #23
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Hate the Pats. It's their success, and their arrogance. The team, the coach, the fans. Even if part of it is just perception.

That being said, you do have to respect some aspects to a certain degree. For example:

Quote:
Extracted the best possible football out of everyone ranging from talented head cases (LeGarrette Blount, Corey Dillon, Randy Moss) to low-talent overachievers (Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi) to lovable goofballs (Rob Gronkowski) to future alleged double murderers (Aaron Hernandez).
And you have to appreciate what they've done this season.

Quote:
Of course, if Belichick somehow wins two more games? With THIS team? Then its probably his greatest coaching job. And not just because of the ongoing Hernandez distraction, all the injuries, or the sheer ridiculousness of re-inventing an offense built around two do-everything tight ends and a defense built around an all-world run-stopper into two totally different entities. Doing it after all these years in his early sixties, carrying all those coaching miles already, when hes the longest-tenured NFL coach by six solid years, with the history of whats happened to the other great football coaches at that same point thats what would push it to another level. But again, hed have to win two more. Either way, I look forward to him finishing fifth or lower in the Coach of the Year balloting.
http://grantland.com/features/that-c...hip-mailbag-2/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #24
mennonite
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Enough with the ****ing Grantland articles already.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #25
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTilde View Post

Great post. Rep.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote