The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #101
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Perfect size? That is my only problem with him is HIS SIZE.

he is listed at 241 on wiki, and thats not bad but he seems smaller than that on the field.
He weighed in at 248 lbs last preseason. He has well-developed legs, chest, and arms. Not skinny at all. Dude is massive and fast for only being six feet tall. Wood was skinnier by at last 10 lbs. Trev pushes weight, and has the body style to be able to put it on.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:10 PM   #102
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Word. Yeah he seems like the kind of tweener guy that a creative d-coordinator could turn into a real stud.
Most definitely. He is a good person and a team leader too -- the guys on the Noles love him and all he gets is high praise. I am not sure where he will go, but 3-4 seems about right, but some team might go for him earlier. I think he is a great player who will definitely give us some versatility. I don't expect him to come in and start right away, but after a year of learning he would probably be good to start somewhere. He has a build like a FS. Could gain a few more pounds and probably not lose any of his speed.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #103
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Most definitely. He is a good person and a team leader too -- the guys on the Noles love him and all he gets is high praise. I am not sure where he will go, but 3-4 seems about right, but some team might go for him earlier. I think he is a great player who will definitely give us some versatility. I don't expect him to come in and start right away, but after a year of learning he would probably be good to start somewhere. He has a build like a FS. Could gain a few more pounds and probably not lose any of his speed.
What position did he play at FSU? I haven't watched him yet.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 PM   #104
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Special teamer in 2010, WLB (back-up) in 2011, spent time inside with Williams in 2012 and then full on WLB in 2013. A lot of comparisons to Wesley Woodyard, to be honest -- but I think he can be better.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #105
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Not sure why people would have problems with Trevathan at MIKE. He's literally built perfectly for the position, including his outstanding leadership qualities. I said he reminded me of Al Wilson right after he was drafted and it's true.
If Trevathan could play the position and has the size, then why did the team use Woodyard at the MIKE position instead of Trevathan? Getting your best players on the field would mean finding a way to get both Trevathan and Woodyard on the field at the same time. Instead we tried Woodyard at the MIKE where he was undersized for the role and when he didn't play to the team's liking he was relegated to spot duty. If Trevathan is bigger and looked at as a guy who can play the MIKE, why wouldn't the team see that and use Woodyard at WILL and Trevathan at MIKE?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #106
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

People have an issue with Trev at MLB because he is a WLB and it would be yet another instance of ignoring the problem instead of fixing it.
Trev is a elite WLB and needs to be left there.

Me personally, I do not want a MLB who has not had a lengthy run as a MLB or as a play calling S.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #107
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I remember when Daryl Smith was a OLB and now he was most peoples biggest off-season guy to get for our MLB.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #108
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I remember when Daryl Smith was a OLB and now he was most peoples biggest off-season guy to get for our MLB.
Smith was a ILB in college. He was moved in the pros. They shuffled him around and finally settled on him in the middle after several of their other MLB's didn't work out.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #109
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Smith was a ILB in college. He was moved in pros. They shuffled him around and finally settled on him in the middle after several of their other MLB's didn't work out.
Only took 9 years in the NFL for him to get back to his "college" position even if it is in a 3-4 lol. I wanted him as our MLB 2 years ago when he was first available.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #110
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Only took 9 years in the NFL for him to get back to his "college" position even if it is in a 3-4 lol. I wanted him as our MLB 2 years ago when he was first available.
He was a MLB in Jacksonville at times as well. Didn't take 9 years.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #111
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He was a MLB in Jacksonville at times as well. Didn't take 9 years.
Do a search on this board about him. I know ALL about that.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #112
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
If Trevathan could play the position and has the size, then why did the team use Woodyard at the MIKE position instead of Trevathan? Getting your best players on the field would mean finding a way to get both Trevathan and Woodyard on the field at the same time. Instead we tried Woodyard at the MIKE where he was undersized for the role and when he didn't play to the team's liking he was relegated to spot duty. If Trevathan is bigger and looked at as a guy who can play the MIKE, why wouldn't the team see that and use Woodyard at WILL and Trevathan at MIKE?
Because Trevathan only played 22% of snaps in 2012, and wasn't a starter. Last offseason his body matured, gaining about 10 pounds of muscle.

Woodyard was a known quantity as both a starting LB and as a team captain, plus he really knew the Defense. If you remember correctly. Woodyard was supposed to start at WLB entering the season, but Stewart Bradley got hurt and Nate Irving didn't work out, thrusting Woody into starting MIKE, and Trevathan into starting WILL. The rest is history.

Trevathan was a little too small form MLB in college (but still played there). Now that he's matured, he's the perfect size. I got laughed off the board after he was drafted, because I thought he could eventually be like Al Wilson.

Quote:
Me personally, I do not want a MLB who has not had a lengthy run as a MLB or as a play calling S.
Trevathan played MLB in college, and even played MLB sometimes last year. He called played last year, and in college.

I'd like to get someone even faster to play WLB.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-26-2014 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM   #113
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Because Trevathan only played 22% of snaps in 2012, and wasn't a starter. Last offseason his body matured, gaining about 10 pounds of muscle.

Woodyard was a known quantity as both a starting LB and as a team captain, plus he really knew the Defense. If you remember correctly. Woodyard was supposed to start at WLB entering the season, but Stewart Bradley got hurt and Nate Irving didn't work out, thrusting Woody into starting MIKE, and Trevathan into starting WILL. The rest is history.

Trevathan was a little too small form MLB in college (but still played there). Now that he's matured, he's the perfect size. I got laughed off the board after he was drafted, because I thought he could eventually be like Al Wilson.
I don't know why people keep saying that Irving didn't work out at MLB when he was busy starting at SLB.
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #114
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Trevathan played MLB in college, and even played MLB sometimes last year. He called played last year, and in college.

I'd like to get someone even faster to play WLB.
Trev was a 2 year starter at WLB for the Kentucky.
One of the main knocks against him was that he profiled as a WLB because he couldn't shed blocks and was bad at recognizing plays as they developed.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #115
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
I don't know why people keep saying that Irving didn't work out at MLB when he was busy starting at SLB.
I was talking about preseason, not game 15.

Quote:
Trev was a 2 year starter at WLB for the Kentucky.
One of the main knocks against him was that he profiled as a WLB because he couldn't shed blocks and was bad at recognizing plays as they developed.
No, he played MLB. But you are right that he wasn't extremely physical at the point of attack. Back then he was playing at about 225 lbs. That's why certain posters gave me such a hard time, when I said Trev could start at MLB eventually. But you had to look past that, and see that his body type was capable of putting on a lot more weight.

Trevathan himself said "I used to eat a skittles for dinner".

Last edited by pricejj; 04-26-2014 at 08:01 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #116
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Broncos hosted ILB Preston Prown

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...ee-for-broncos

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-preston-brown
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #117
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

No, he played MLB. But you are right that he wasn't extremely physical at the point of attack. Back then he was playing at about 225 lbs. That's why certain posters gave me such a hard time, when I said Trev could start at MLB eventually. But you had to look past that, and see that his body type was capable of putting on a lot more weight.

Dude, his profile at Kentucky even says he was a WLB.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #118
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Dude, his profile at Kentucky even says he was a WLB.
I watched a bunch of video if him after he was drafted, and all I saw was was him at MIKE. Then I went back and watched again for a few minutes yesterday again. Looked like he was at MIKE to me . I know he was listed at OLB on nfldraftscout, but that's just their projection, not where the player played in college.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #119
sgbfan
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Didn't he start games 1-6 as well?
sgbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #120
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I watched a bunch of video if him after he was drafted, and all I saw was was him at MIKE. Then I went back and watched again for a few minutes yesterday again. Looked like he was at MIKE to me . I know he was listed at OLB on nfldraftscout, but that's just their projection, not where the player played in college.
Dude, the University of Kentucky listed him as
Quote:
Two-year starter at weakside linebacker
in their media guide. That's the bio that the university itself supplies to the media. The words 'middle', 'inside', and 'mike' do not appear on the page.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #121
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Rick Minter was UK's DC from 2010-2012. Minter ran a 3-4 D that moved Trev around and had him line up in various places.
Ronnie Sneed was the Mike in 2011, Avery Williamson has been the starting Mike since 2012.
Trev was a WILL. That is why he was listed as a WLB and projected as such.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #122
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbfan View Post
Didn't he start games 1-6 as well?
Oh, I get it. You're saying that he may have started at MIKE if he wasn't switched to SAM right after Miller's suspension became public. Yeah, you might be right. I guess I was operating on the fact that the season before he was switched from MLB to SAM as well.

Quote:
Rick Minter was UK's DC from 2010-2012. Minter ran a 3-4 D that moved Trev around and had him line up in various places.
Ronnie Sneed was the Mike in 2011, Avery Williamson has been the starting Mike since 2012.
Trev was a WILL. That is why he was listed as a WLB and projected as such.
I remember some of the video I watched was vs. Georgia 2011, and vs. Auburn 2011 It does look like he moved all over the place. Guess I remembered wrong. Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-26-2014 at 08:02 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #123
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Sometimes you really take the cake around here, price.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #124
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Sometimes you really take the cake around here, price.
sometimes?
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #125
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
sometimes?
We have some "challenging" posters on here. Each have their share of moments.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: