The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 12:38 AM   #51
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Borland has an exciting highlight reel.

Kind of reminds me of Zach Thomas. I'm just not sure that kind of MLB can be a three down guy in the NFL anymore. I wouldn't be mad if we grabbed him though. Even if he ends up being a two down backer, I'm pretty sure he'll be a really good one.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #52
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
I was on the draftek site they showed the 49ers taking him in the 4th.

they also showed us taking Borland in the 3rd. Interesting.
Smith fits the 49ers style better then ours. He is a fighter that's why I like him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #53
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Tripp kinda of remind me of Urlacher before that draft. A gifted athlete that moved from safety to LB and was off the general public's radar because of where he played. I am not calling him Urlacher but I could see some team taking him early.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:45 AM   #54
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I think Borland will be one of those scrappy little buggers that has a very nice NFL career.
He's short but I believe he will be a 3 down LB in the NFL.
If we can snag him in the 2nd or 3rd I would be happy with that.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #55
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I think Borland will be one of those scrappy little buggers that has a very nice NFL career.
He's short but I believe he will be a 3 down LB in the NFL.
If we can snag him in the 2nd or 3rd I would be happy with that.
I agree, people who say he's not a 3down backer haven't been paying attention. The guy can cover on passing downs. I first saw him a couple of years ago when I started checking out Montee.

I'm between a rock and a hard place on this one, Borland vs Tripp, I like both of them. Actually I hope we take both of them. We would be super loaded in the middle then.
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #56
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Smith fits the 49ers style better then ours. He is a fighter that's why I like him.
With the number of teams going to the "spread" Dysert and Smith make a lot of sense, post Manning. Manning and Brady might be the last two great traditional QB's. It all depends on Elway's vision for the future of the team.

Last edited by driver; 03-17-2014 at 06:58 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 12:33 AM   #57
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
I agree, people who say he's not a 3down backer haven't been paying attention. The guy can cover on passing downs. I first saw him a couple of years ago when I started checking out Montee.

I'm between a rock and a hard place on this one, Borland vs Tripp, I like both of them. Actually I hope we take both of them. We would be super loaded in the middle then.
I think he has a lot of potential. He is not going to be just a blow you out of the water athletic freak but he is going to be a lunch pail guy that in the right D can be one of those consistently underrated players.

I was really hoping Andrew Jackson would have made some strides during his senior year but I think he will be a nice pickup for someone in round 5-7 who needs a big inside LB.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #58
driver
Pro Bowler

Second Oldest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
I think he has a lot of potential. He is not going to be just a blow you out of the water athletic freak but he is going to be a lunch pail guy that in the right D can be one of those consistently underrated players.

I was really hoping Andrew Jackson would have made some strides during his senior year but I think he will be a nice pickup for someone in round 5-7 who needs a big inside LB.
On Borland he is intriguing, I was over on the walter football site. The teams meetings with players page. It seems like at least half the nfl teams have met with him and Tripp some of them multiple times at least w/ Borland. Don't know weather that's good or bad. Seems like their is a lot of interest in both of them.
Jackson is interesting to, Broncos met with him at least once.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:27 AM   #59
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I imagine the Broncos are meeting with every MLB in the country at this point.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #60
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Plus with Jackson you know they previously saw him when they scouted Q last year, so that would be even more due dillengence on their part. Obviously he flashed something they liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I imagine the Broncos are meeting with every MLB in the country at this point.
I doubt it. Though it does amaze me that Fox and Del Rio both liked to have good MLB's at their previous stops but don't focus on it here in Denver.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #61
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Plus with Jackson you know they previously saw him when they scouted Q last year, so that would be even more due dillengence on their part. Obviously he flashed something they liked.

I doubt it. Though it does amaze me that Fox and Del Rio both liked to have good MLB's at their previous stops but don't focus on it here in Denver.
How many of Fox's LBs played other positions in college then what he had them play in the NFL?
Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #62
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
How many of Fox's LBs played other positions in college then what he had them play in the NFL?
If I remember correctly only Davis moved from S to LB. Though that move was expected from his last 2 years at Georgia.
Witherspoon,Morgan,Beason,Anderson & Connor were all college LB's.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #63
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
If I remember correctly only Davis moved from S to LB. Though that move was expected from his last 2 years at Georgia.
Witherspoon,Morgan,Beason,Anderson & Connor were all college LB's.
Beason was moved from OLB in college to MLB in the NFL was he not? Also if anything this shows that Fox blows through LB's.

Let me ask you this do you feel Denver is looking at Tripp for OLB to back up Danny or another position?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #64
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Beason was moved from OLB in college to MLB in the NFL was he not? Also if anything this shows that Fox blows through LB's.

Let me ask you this do you feel Denver is looking at Tripp for OLB to back up Danny or another position?
Beason played OLB and MLB in college.
It depends on what their plan is. Again, if they want a traditional MLB then Tripp or Shazier is strictly WLB prospects who can come in during the nickel package and have Von shift down to DE while Danny T and either Tripp or Shazier come in for coverage.

If Danny T is to remain the play caller on D and the MLB position is used to make plays and fly around then I think either can serve in the MLB role.

My personal opinion is that they view Tripp as a WLB who they can move around to SLB as well and shift Von around a bit more without a potential drop off in play.
I do not believe for a second they view him as a MLB. If they do then we will likely not take him as the view on MLB is that of a part time player on this D due to the nickel package we run.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 PM   #65
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Beason played OLB and MLB in college.
It depends on what their plan is. Again, if they want a traditional MLB then Tripp or Shazier is strictly WLB prospects who can come in during the nickel package and have Von shift down to DE while Danny T and either Tripp or Shazier come in for coverage.

If Danny T is to remain the play caller on D and the MLB position is used to make plays and fly around then I think either can serve in the MLB role.

My personal opinion is that they view Tripp as a WLB who they can move around to SLB as well and shift Von around a bit more without a potential drop off in play.
I do not believe for a second they view him as a MLB. If they do then we will likely not take him as the view on MLB is that of a part time player on this D due to the nickel package we run.
Could view him as replacing Irving, if he starts at MLB, in nickel packages. I do like this Tripp kid. Athletic, nonstop motor with versatility.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #66
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Could view him as replacing Irving, if he starts at MLB, in nickel packages. I do like this Tripp kid. Athletic, nonstop motor with versatility.
Could, but I wonder how much the team likes Nate at SAM and as a swing LB.
He was one of the few who played decently well in the SB.
I think Tripp can fit well on the team. But where do you utilize him?
The scheme and plan matters a lot.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #67
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Could, but I wonder how much the team likes Nate at SAM and as a swing LB.
He was one of the few who played decently well in the SB.
I think Tripp can fit well on the team. But where do you utilize him?
The scheme and plan matters a lot.
Tripp at least on passing downs since he seems to be able to cover well and also blitz.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #68
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Tripp at least on passing downs since he seems to be able to cover well and also blitz.
Most definitely, if Tripp is the pick at LB he will likely take the field on passing downs as one of the coverage LB's.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #69
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Most definitely, if Tripp is the pick at LB he will likely take the field on passing downs as one of the coverage LB's.
This is a large reason I want the Broncos to trade down. If there's one glaring weakness on this team, and has been for awhile, is young, athletic, and fast players. This draft has some, especially in the secondary where the Broncos could use a couple CB's and a FS.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #70
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
This is a large reason I want the Broncos to trade down. If there's one glaring weakness on this team, and has been for awhile, is young, athletic, and fast players. This draft has some, especially in the secondary where the Broncos could use a couple CB's and a FS.
I do not want to trade down. I want us to either trade up or stay pat in the first. Now in the 2nd I would like to see a trade up.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #71
uplink
Ring of Famer

Urlacker looked so much faster than borland in college
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #72
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Borland should be a 4th-5th round draft pick. I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the NFL.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #73
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Borland should be a 4th-5th round draft pick. I don't think he'll ever be a starter in the NFL.
I like Wisconsin players that play rb , oline and the defensive front seven
They seem to produce quality football players as they are an old fashion blue collar team run the ball and play defense

3rd round would be a nice pickup
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #74
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
From there, Gilbert will move on to meetings with the Broncos, Lions and Falcons. The Lions have been a popular landing spot for Gilbert in mock drafts and it makes sense with a seemingly annual attempt to upgrade the secondary underway in Detroit again this offseason. The Falcons and Broncos could also find room for Gilbert on their defenses, but Atlanta may be looking elsewhere with the sixth pick while the Broncos would almost certainly have to move up from the 31st selection to get the corner.
Justin Gilbert visiting several teams this week
Old 04-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #75
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis
Top-rated C.J. Mosley, Justin Gilbert visiting Broncos: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...lbert-v/27029/ … via @denverpost
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: