The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default Denver Broncos Prospect Meetings

Starting this thread early. @WalterFootball is reporting that the Broncos have scouted and talked to Fresno State guard Austin Wentworth.

Don't know much about him, but this is what CBS Sports says:

2013 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FIRST TEAM (COACHES/MEDIA): OL Austin Wentworth, Sr., Fresno State,...Wentworth led the offensive line that paved the way for the Bulldog offense that ranked third nationally in total offense (570.6) and fifth in scoring (45.3). Fresno State also only allowed 11 sacks in 12 games, which tied for the ninth fewest of any team in the FBS. - Fresno State football

07/22/13 - 2013 PRESEASON ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FIRST TEAM (MEDIA): OL Austin Wentworth, Sr., Fresno State...Wentworth enters his senior season having made 30 career starts, including 28 consecutive. He is one of 60 active players in the FBS that has started in 30 or more games and one of eight that play in the Mountain West. - Fresno State football "

Possible replacement for Beadles?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,683
Default

Probably not, Tony Pauline said he sucked ass during practice. But that is the only name I've been able to find that we've met with besides Jimmy Garoppolo saying he's met with every team.

I tell you what though, I've been tinkering with Mock Drafts, and the BPA when we pick at the end of the first is usually David Yankey. He's a flawless fit as an athletic Left Guard in college. Maybe that's our replacement for Beadles.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,966

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Probably not, Tony Pauline said he sucked ass during practice. But that is the only name I've been able to find that we've met with besides Jimmy Garoppolo saying he's met with every team.

I tell you what though, I've been tinkering with Mock Drafts, and the BPA when we pick at the end of the first is usually David Yankey. He's a flawless fit as an athletic Left Guard in college. Maybe that's our replacement for Beadles.
Thanks for the info. In re: Yankey --If he comes in and starts right away he is worth it. He is a guy I am really like. I would prefer defense, but who knows if a DE/LB/DB will be there at our selection.

I just want Gilbert pls.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:50 AM   #4
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
Paradis by the dashboard lights

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,219

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Yankey played at Stanford as well -- that can't hurt when Elway's the one pulling the trigger.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

We also met with Deone Buccanon from Washinton State and Ahmad Dixon from Baylor. Looks like we are interested in upgrading strong safety.

Would still prefer to take Pryor, but there are some thumpers in this draft. The tape I have seen from Craig Loston has me very intrigued, he's not just a thumper, he's a fluid athlete who can stick tightends.

If we go early safety I vote Pryor, if we take a mid round safety I'm leaning towards Loston.

Last edited by BMORE; 01-28-2014 at 11:47 PM..
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #6
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
At Unbelievers

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,913

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Buchanon from wazzu is a good player. He has been a staple for us and one of the few bright spots. Can definitely make a hit, reads plays well with good range.

I haven't seen him do a lot behind the LOS, however, that is probably more of our team being mediocre with little to no push.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Buchanon from wazzu is a good player. He has been a staple for us and one of the few bright spots. Can definitely make a hit, reads plays well with good range.

I haven't seen him do a lot behind the LOS, however, that is probably more of our team being mediocre with little to no push.
From what I have watched on him this far, he is a downhill thumper. Since you have watched him more closely, do you think he's a good athlete with fluid hips to turn and run with a TE?

That's what we need from a SS, the ability to cover a TE while also delivering the wood against the run.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #8
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,138
Default

Ha-Ha,Deone and Pryor are the three safeties I like most in this draft. I like that we met with Deone. Could be a really nice 2nd round pick, might even slide into the late first.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #9
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Ha-Ha,Deone and Pryor are the three safeties I like most in this draft. I like that we met with Deone. Could be a really nice 2nd round pick, might even slide into the late first.
I have some questions about his hips and ability in coverage. Pryor and Ha-ha are labeled free safeties, but I think both could play either position.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I have some questions about his hips and ability in coverage. Pryor and Ha-ha are labeled free safeties, but I think both could play either position.
I do think he is somewhat stiff and a thumper more than a coverage guy but Buchanan is good enough to lessen his coverage issues in the right scheme.

I think the same thing about Ha-Ha especially. He seems to be somewhat of a tweener but he makes plays and would fit best as a SS in the NFL IMO.
Imagine he and Rahim back in coverage, he would help make up for some of Rahim's knack for not making the pick.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #11
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,138
Default

Denver Broncos:
Tajh Boyd, QB, Clemson (SR)
Deone Bucannon, DB, Washington State (SR)
Ahmad Dixon, DB, Baylor (SR)
Shamar Stephen, DL, Connecticut (SR)
Austin Wentworth, G, Fresno State (EW)

I completely missed the meeting with Boyd earlier apparently.
That is interesting. I know Elway loves looking at QB's.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #12
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I do think he is somewhat stiff and a thumper more than a coverage guy but Buchanan is good enough to lessen his coverage issues in the right scheme.

I think the same thing about Ha-Ha especially. He seems to be somewhat of a tweener but he makes plays and would fit best as a SS in the NFL IMO.
Imagine he and Rahim back in coverage, he would help make up for some of Rahim's knack for not making the pick.
I think we can do better than Moore. There's needs to be legit competition brought in at both safety positions.

Think about what you said Moore's knack for not making the pick. Moore hasn't shown any ball hawking ability, any ability to create turnovers, he still takes bad angles. He does usually make the touchdown stopping tackle in run defense, but he's really nothing more than a solid player.

We need more play makers on defense, whether that means ball hawks, thumpers, blanket coverage players, sack specialists, whatever the case may be. We need to improve depth and talent across the board.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #13
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,030

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Agreed, both Safety spots need some more competition brought in with some playmaking ability.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #14
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
I think we can do better than Moore. There's needs to be legit competition brought in at both safety positions.

Think about what you said Moore's knack for not making the pick. Moore hasn't shown any ball hawking ability, any ability to create turnovers, he still takes bad angles. He does usually make the touchdown stopping tackle in run defense, but he's really nothing more than a solid player.

We need more play makers on defense, whether that means ball hawks, thumpers, blanket coverage players, sack specialists, whatever the case may be. We need to improve depth and talent across the board.
I am fine with Moore. He was making Duke look hella good before his injury.
He doesn't make a ton of plays but he's solid and any S draftee we bring in will take 2-3 years to fully blossom.
So I would rather have the SS position situated and leave Moore back there to help lessen the experience blow.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I am fine with Moore. He was making Duke look hella good before his injury.
He doesn't make a ton of plays but he's solid and any S draftee we bring in will take 2-3 years to fully blossom.
So I would rather have the SS position situated and leave Moore back there to help lessen the experience blow.
Moore is just solid, I'm not saying cut him, but there should no doubt be competition brought in to push at the position. Both safety positions really. We don't know how Moore will play post his injury anyway.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #16
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,138
Default

I agree on the competition part. Just see SS as a much bigger need.
Unless Ha-Ha and Deone fall into our laps back to back I don't see why FS would be a huge need to address early on.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #17
BMORE
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,771

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I agree on the competition part. Just see SS as a much bigger need.
Unless Ha-Ha and Deone fall into our laps back to back I don't see why FS would be a huge need to address early on.
Could always take Pryor in the first and Logston in the second.
BMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #18
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Could always take Pryor in the first and Logston in the second.
Not in love with Pryor enough to pass over a DL or CB for him in the first.
Loston will probably fall to the 3rd.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Safety is a huge need for the Broncos. They haven't had an impact safety in years. Both safety spots should be up for grabs sine none of the current players are locks, including Moore IMO.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #20
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

They need to develop a young slot guy. I hope they look at Hurns in the mid to late rounds.
__________________


Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 02-15-2014 at 03:02 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #21
jebures
Ring of Famer
 
jebures's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
They need to develop a young slot guy. I hope they look at Hurns in the mid to late rounds.
I love Hurns, but with how deep this WR class is he may not even get drafted. He is good at a lot of things, but I think will just be another guy at the next level.
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #22
phibacka31
Ring of Famer
 
phibacka31's Avatar
 
Leggo

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 1,346

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Broncos apparently met with:
Kapri bibbs rb csu and Avery Williamson lb Kentucky

According to Walter football
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:39 AM   #23
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,683
Default

We have to draft/sign our annual Kentucky LB.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #24
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,910
Default

Here a list

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...draft-meetings

+

Chris Borland
Kenny Ladler
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,481

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I big fan of Jordan Tripp from Montana.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Denver Broncos