The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #26
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Outside of the fact that this is a real scandal? !
You can only have a real scandal when there's an (R) next to it.

AMIRITE?
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #27
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,272

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You can only have a real scandal when there's an (R) next to it.

AMIRITE?
There's been plenty of dem scandals bill cli tons for one.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #28
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
There's been plenty of dem scandals bill cli tons for one.
I love the rush (pun intended) to compare this to other "scandals".

Not even close.

Find me a situation where Obama's Deputy Campaign Manager sent an email to his chief of staff telling them to start messing with the Tea Party.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #29
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,334

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

This fat **** is a piece of shyt but you guys are ****ing comical raising flags on this but totally dismiss the IRS, Bengazi, Fast and the Furious, NSA etc. as being a witch hunt. The hypocrisy you display is scary.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 AM   #30
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,310
Default

As if this has anything to do with IRS, Bengazi, Fast and the Furious, NSA, Watergate, JFK assignation, Roswell, area51, emancipation proclamation, the reformation, stonehenge...etc.

Just because Fox News says it does... doesn't make it so. Must start thinking for yourself.
Stay focused people.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #31
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

, scandals are only important when possibly democrats can be safely excused from them. Look how many liberals are foaming at the mouth in this thread compared to the crickets chirping in the ones about the IRS, Libya, NSA, etc. But, they just want honest debate and seekers of truth Geez, these guys are such zombie knuckleheads. Wasn't that long ago these geniuses were liking Christie simply because he was walking with Obama. Just goes to show what BS they feed when they pretend they would ever give a republican a shot of their vote. "Oh, I'd vote for Gary Johnson." Right, unless he ran against Hillary or any other democrat of course.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #32
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Oh, wait. Here is Udall in a conspiracy trying to get the numbers of people losing their insurance in Colorado hushed up. So glad the liberal media is reporting this. Oops, my bad, Udall is a democrat and voted for that mess Obamacare, so the usual pretend it didn't happen and focus on something else routine. For you see, abusing power is acceptable to liberals as long as democrats are doing it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-abuse-power/
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #33
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

I loled.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #34
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Oh, wait. Here is Udall in a conspiracy trying to get the numbers of people losing their insurance in Colorado hushed up. So glad the liberal media is reporting this. Oops, my bad, Udall is a democrat and voted for that mess Obamacare, so the usual pretend it didn't happen and focus on something else routine. For you see, abusing power is acceptable to liberals as long as democrats are doing it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...t-abuse-power/
This thread isn't about Udall. If you want to talk about Udall then start one about Udall. See how that works.

You don't really act this way in your real life do you?
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #35
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
This thread isn't about Udall. If you want to talk about Udall then start one about Udall. See how that works.

You don't really act this way in your real life do you?
If there were a Udall thread you kids would mostly just skip class.

Any idea who concocted the YouTube story yet? Or gave the counterterrorism stand down orders in Benghazi? Oh that's right, nobody knows and nobody's been disciplined. But case closed, or so I'm told.

Christie already canned one advisor who was implicated. Hell Obama's NSA bestie purjured himself multiple times in the abuse of all of us, and he's still got a 9-5. But none of you are pounding that desk, because something that happened on a bridge at the hands of the State of New Jersey means more to you.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #36
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If there were a Udall thread you kids would mostly just skip class.

Any idea who concocted the YouTube story yet? Or gave the counterterrorism stand down orders in Benghazi? Oh that's right, nobody knows and nobody's been disciplined. But case closed, or so I'm told.

Christie already canned one advisor who was implicated. Hell Obama's NSA bestie purjured himself multiple times in the abuse of all of us, and he's still got a 9-5. But none of you are pounding that desk, because something that happened on a bridge at the hands of the State of New Jersey means more to you.
That's all you need to really know right there. There's an investigation still pending here...
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #37
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That's all you need to really know right there. There's an investigation still pending here...
And, not only that, but a political career on the line. Christie is the GOP's best shot, and this could possibly do him in.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #38
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,310
Default

Tons of Bridge-gate documents now hitting the web. This thing is going to have legs.

It's not often you see something like this happen with such an extensive paper trail.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #39
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,828

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Outside of the fact that this is a real scandal? !
Ok. What is the differences.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #40
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Tons of Bridge-gate documents now hitting the web. This thing is going to have legs.

It's not often you see something like this happen with such an extensive paper trail.
I dunno, Christie's a lawyer. I wouldn't bet he's got legit plausible deniability for the whole thing. I do find it interesting though that Wildstein is saying he'll reveal everything in exchange for immunity to both state and federal. Seems like an odd thing to say...

And youre right, Tony. The story of the candidate with the best shot vs. Clinton having his career permanently tainted is a story in and of itself. Funny thing is, as much as the conservatives are whining about how unfair this all is, in the end it's going to be a Republican that runs the ad that does in Christies 2016 run.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #41
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Ok. What is the differences.
Welp, fer one, one of the dif'runces is be the fact that the goll durn investimigayshun is still done goin' on up in that thar New Jerseh.

YEEEEEE-HAW!

pewpewpewpewpew!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #42
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
That's all you need to really know right there. There's an investigation still pending here...
The President has one of his political cronies "investigating" the IRS scandal. You'd be out of breath if Christie tried handling things that way.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #43
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The President has one of his political cronies "investigating" the IRS scandal. You'd be out of breath if Christie tried handling things that way.
You mean like this?

http://www.northjersey.com/news/stat..._scrutiny.html

The timing gets more and more curious every day.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #44
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

How about this:

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/12/how_..._with_perjury/

Quote:
How James Clapper will get away with perjury
Yes, the national director of intelligence lied under oath, and his defense is implausible. You think that matters?
Yawn. No (R). Doesn't matter.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #45
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
How about this:

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/12/how_..._with_perjury/



Yawn. No (R). Doesn't matter.
Okay? And what's your point? Refer back to the previous statements that this scandal does not equal those "scandals". This is still unraveling. If it turns out the same way these investigations by the right on all Obama's perceived transgressions have, ie no evidence supporting his involvement whatsoever, I will happily come back here and say the exact same thing I just said, which is Christie is likely innocent.

Happy, dick?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #46
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Okay? And what's your point? Refer back to the previous statements that this scandal does not equal those "scandals". This is still unraveling. If it turns out the same way these investigations by the right on all Obama's perceived transgressions have, ie no evidence supporting his involvement whatsoever, I will happily come back here and say the exact same thing I just said, which is Christie is likely innocent.

Happy, dick?
Did Obama know Clapper was lying to Congress? How did he not know? If not, who knew, and why are they still employed?

Is all that settled?

Why do you care more about what happened in another state 500 miles away than you do in your own government?

Just, FYI, you don't have to answer. Because I already know what it is.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #47
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Did Obama know Clapper was lying to Congress? How did he not know? If not, who knew, and why are they still employed?

Is all that settled?

Why do you care more about what happened in another state 500 miles away than you do in your own government?

Just, FYI, you don't have to answer. Because I already know what it is.
So easy to just play your game. Let's assume I did care. What would it matter? Would anything come of it? Would the librul media allow their beloved Obama to get in trouble? Would it change the end result of the next three years at all? Probably not. So what's the point of me coming in here and saying a word about it one way or the other? Will Christie's involvement or at minimum association with this scandal affect the next three years? I believe so. Sucks to get a big mouthful of your own medicine, doesn't it?

And another way this scandal is unlike the others...here you have an already fractured Republican Party about to eat themselves for individual political gain. Like I said, bring oooooon the popcorn!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #48
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
So easy to just play your game. Let's assume I did care. What would it matter? Would anything come of it? Would the librul media allow their beloved Obama to get in trouble? Would it change the end result of the next three years at all? Probably not. So what's the point of me coming in here and saying a word about it one way or the other? Will Christie's involvement or at minimum association with this scandal affect the next three years? I believe so. Sucks to get a big mouthful of your own medicine, doesn't it?

And another way this scandal is unlike the others...here you have an already fractured Republican Party about to eat themselves for individual political gain. Like I said, bring oooooon the popcorn!
Christie was a long shot as it was. Tough to win a primary as an east coast gun control Republican. This might be the nail in that coffin. As it should be if he doesn't do a better job of actually getting to the bottom of things than our President.

But please keep thinking you'll ride Gramma Hill to the White House in 2016 just because one long-shot Republican candidate might've put himself out of the running.

People by and large no longer view their government as remotely competent. Your guy sold that message loud and clear. Status quo insiders are no longer a safe bet. Especially ones with as much dirty laundry as the old lady.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #49
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Christie was a long shot as it was. Tough to win a primary as an east coast gun control Republican. This might be the nail in that coffin. As it should be if he doesn't do a better job of actually getting to the bottom of things than our President.

But please keep thinking you'll ride Gramma Hill to the White House in 2016 just because one long-shot Republican candidate might've put himself out of the running.

People by and large no longer view their government as remotely competent. Your guy sold that message loud and clear. Status quo insiders are no longer a safe bet. Especially ones with as much dirty laundry as the old lady.
Being as old as she is, I'm not sure I'm in favor of Clinton being president. That's one strike against her. As far as dirty laundry goes, I don't think it will hurt her much. She doesn't have much to dig up that the public doesn't already know. I don't see Christie as as much of a longshot as you do, obviously...but longshot to win nomination does not equal longshot to win presidency. As I said, he's the GOP's only chance to compete with Hillary, whether I support her or not. He's likely done now. Who do you possibly think could emerge from the Republicans to even make it a close race? Explain your methodology.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #50
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Because as it stands, the conversation looks a little like this:

Me: How do you think a Republican candidate is going to be able to narrow the age gap, the gender gap, the African-American gap, the Latino gap, and the middle and lower class gap against a candidate like Hillary Clinton?

You: Dirty laundry?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Denver Broncos