The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #51
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

We pretty much know we won't be playing the Chiefs . So it basically boils down to the Colts or the Chargers. Neither team stands a chance against us if we play up to snuff. That is a big if of course.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #52
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Revenge Tour 2013

Colts
Pats

Saints (Peyton's personal)
or
49ers (55-10)

And also 13 win revenge.

Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 12-30-2013 at 05:15 AM..
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:22 AM   #53
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Revenge Tour 2013

Colts
Pats

Saints (Peyton's personal)
or
49ers (55-10)

And also 13 win revenge.
We can also have Seattle for Preseason Week 2 revenge, and Carolina for Fox revenge.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:27 AM   #54
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

3 of our losses came to AFC playoff teams... I guess that makes sense, time for a little payback b****es
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #55
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

If they do get the Colts, they need to give Clark some help against Mathis.

And hopefully the officials will actually call defensive holding on their terrible DB's this time around!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 AM   #56
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
We can also have Seattle for Preseason Week 2 revenge, and Carolina for Fox revenge.
Carolina works. Not so sure about revenge for a preseason game though, but their attitude... yeah.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #57
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Carolina works. Not so sure about revenge for a preseason game though, but their attitude... yeah.
Seattle treated that game like it was the Super Bowl.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #58
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Interestingly the Bengals beat the Chargers in California in week 13 and the Colts molested the Chiefs in KC in week 16.

The Chargers-Bengals game is really the tale of the two teams that couldn't. Neither is particularly known for their playoff prowess. Historically they have met once before in the playoffs, the Bengals won that game (1981 season). The Chargers have more playoff experience at QB but they have a worse defense and lack a playmaker on offense who can match AJ Green. I think the Bengals will win this one.

The Chiefs-Colts game will be interesting. The Chiefs won more games than the Colts did this year, and even in week 17 with a crew of backups managed to more or less win a game against the other AFC Wild card. The Colts have been two wildly different teams this year, they have been the team that beat the Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers and Chiefs but also barely beat the Texans and Titans and got plowed by the Rams and Cardinals. If the good Colts come out to play, they will do unspeakable things to the Chiefs, if the bad Colts come out to play, the Chiefs will finally win a playoff game. In 3 of the last 5 playoff games the Chiefs have been in they have faced the Colts, they have lost all 3. The Colts however will have to come out and play a LOT better than they did last year, sadly this years Chiefs have some similarities to last years Ravens, a tough defense, a QB who minimizes mistakes and a strong ground game.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #59
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Seattle treated that game like it was the Super Bowl.
Yeah, which is why I didn't end my sentence with the part you bolded.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #60
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

On Jan. 4th 1997 we played the Jags in the divisional game and had, probably, the most devastating loss. On Jan. 4, 1998 we played the Chiefs in the divisional game and won. On Jan. 12, 2013 we played the Ravens in the divisional game and lost. On Jan. 12, 2014................................... It seems so surreal, the similarities.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:00 AM   #61
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Yeah, which is why I didn't end my sentence with the part you bolded.
The media has pretty much handed Seattle the trophy already with the win coming over the Patriots.

The Broncos need to come out and make a statement in the playoffs because I'm tired of hearing how the AFC is "WIDE OPEN."
Old 12-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #62
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
The media has pretty much handed Seattle the trophy already with the win coming over the Patriots.

The Broncos need to come out and make a statement in the playoffs because I'm tired of hearing how the AFC is "WIDE OPEN."
Let them talk. It was the same thing in Jan. 98. The Pack had the whole thing wrapped up according to the media, they were playing the games as a formality. Remember the spread in the SB? Frankly I love it, especially about the Pats. I bet they are one and done
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #63
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The Chiefs-Colts game will be interesting. The Chiefs won more games than the Colts did this year
Huh? They both went 11-5.

http://www.nfl.com/standings
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #64
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

i am afraid of playoffs just due to the fact we have fox and manning.
i hope we overcome this year and win SB.
Stats are great..but need to win a playoff game and then SB.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #65
whoeey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
i am afraid of playoffs just due to the fact we have fox and manning.
i hope we overcome this year and win SB.
Stats are great..but need to win a playoff game and then SB.
Lol, why not add in Elway since he lost three super bowls. Which I believe ties him for second on most super bowl losses by a qb.
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #66
spiralism
Pro Bowler

Fox MUST go

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon

The Seattle hype is intense but whatever happens i just have the feeling they wont do it. Call it a hunch or whatever, i predict a choke in the NFCCG. Possibly against GB in a Fail Mary rematch.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #67
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Prelim forecast looks quite good. Bookended by warm days which increases the likelihood of a good forecast.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/den...5090_pc?day=14

High: 54, 0% precip
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #68
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
Prelim forecast looks quite good. Bookended by warm days which increases the likelihood of a good forecast.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/den...5090_pc?day=14

High: 54, 0% precip
Yep, checked that this morning too. Even 35 degrees wouldn't be too bad...last year was like 5. That's what we don't want.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #69
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
That part would help Cutthemdown when he called our team horrible for the season. Preseason=regular season
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #70
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
That part would help Cutthemdown when he called our team horrible for the season. Preseason=regular season
The funny thing is I took that seattle game as a sign of good things to come. If you recall, we drove up and down the field against them. Running backs fumbling at the goal line are not indicators of poor offensive execution.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #71
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #72
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #73
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Fox said he's changed the "I don't wanna hear about you unless you've won the lottery" saying to "I don't wanna hear about you unless you have open heart surgery"

crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #74
Samiwindr
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I am feeling a divisional RD of

Cincy @ NE
Indy @ Den

Setting up for a partial revenge tour like in 97
The big difference being the late season swoon that put us on the road for the playoffs in '97. I've been thinking the same thing however. I can't be the only Denver fan that was extremely nervous about KC winning the division.

Truthfully, I was hoping to get Baltimore back to Denver for the divisional, but I'll take Indy or San Diego. That game easily hurt just as much as the Jags defeat in 97 and it would have been nice to serve them a giant helping of revenge.

If we do somehow make it to the SB this year, we will definitely be underdogs, though not 13 1/2 points like we were vs the Packers. One thing is certain, the Broncos have got to be more consistent on both sides of the ball if we're going to have any chance of advancing. It was refreshing to see us dominate in the first half vs the Raiders after taking the 1st half off in almost every other game this season.

We have to score early, run the ball on 1st down more often, make smart decisions on Special teams (quit taking it out from 8 yards deep and getting caught behind the 15 yard line HOLLIDAY), and find a way to use more clock in the first half. The lopsided TOP is killing our defense and the consequences spill over. Those 8 minute drives in the 3rd quarter by the opponents definitely get under Manning's skin and we end up with a few 3-and-outs before the offense picks up steam again. It's been endemic all season and has to stop.
Samiwindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #75
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Interestingly the Bengals beat the Chargers in California in week 13 and the Colts molested the Chiefs in KC in week 16.

The Chargers-Bengals game is really the tale of the two teams that couldn't. Neither is particularly known for their playoff prowess. Historically they have met once before in the playoffs, the Bengals won that game (1981 season). The Chargers have more playoff experience at QB but they have a worse defense and lack a playmaker on offense who can match AJ Green. I think the Bengals will win this one.

The Chiefs-Colts game will be interesting. The Chiefs won more games than the Colts did this year, and even in week 17 with a crew of backups managed to more or less win a game against the other AFC Wild card. The Colts have been two wildly different teams this year, they have been the team that beat the Seahawks, Broncos, 49ers and Chiefs but also barely beat the Texans and Titans and got plowed by the Rams and Cardinals. If the good Colts come out to play, they will do unspeakable things to the Chiefs, if the bad Colts come out to play, the Chiefs will finally win a playoff game. In 3 of the last 5 playoff games the Chiefs have been in they have faced the Colts, they have lost all 3. The Colts however will have to come out and play a LOT better than they did last year, sadly this years Chiefs have some similarities to last years Ravens, a tough defense, a QB who minimizes mistakes and a strong ground game.
If Indy can shut down Charles I think they have a good chance of winning. Indy just doesn't have much of an offense.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote