The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #76
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
you are a genius.

I usually don't read other people's posts. I am only interested in my own.
At least you're honest.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:59 PM   #77
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm sorry but saying they aren't because their time of possession isn't good is the stuipidest argument I've ever heard. "Guys! They score too many points too quickly!!! The REALLY great offenses are the ones that score 17 points in a game but hold onto the ball for 40 minutes of game clock!"

What an idiotic argument.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #78
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Also I would like to point out that I'm happy to be going into the playoffs with this offense. I don't think it matches the '98 offense, but I feel better about our chances than I would with pretty much any other offense in the league right now. But man the defense and special teams scare me right now.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 12-29-2013 at 11:37 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #79
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

While Denver is not a run oriented team we have definitely been able to run the ball when needed. I don't know how many times this season Knowshon has picked up first downs(not always running)when they were needed so badly.. Love manning but I still think he's my MVP
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #80
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Let's put it this way both O's were awesome

Reason's I'd pick 98 over 2013

1. Won SB
2. Could win anywhere
3. Toughness: I thought O could impose their will in playoffs 2013 hasn't proved it yet
4. TD dominated in reg season and post season
5. Better in cold weather

Why I'd pick 2013 over 98

1. Over 600 pts scored
2. 55 TD's
3. Over 5,000 yds
4. 10 td's for several players

What I think 2013 O stIll needs to learn.

1. win SB
2. Beat NE
3. Stop unforced turnovers
4. Push back when bullied not wilt

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-29-2013 at 10:12 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #81
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm sorry but saying they aren't because their time of possession isn't good is the stuipidest argument I've ever heard. "Guys! They score too many points too quickly!!! The REALLY great offenses are the ones that score 17 points in a game but hold onto the ball for 40 minutes of game clock!"

No, what you just posted is what's idiotic. The '98 Broncos averaged over 30 points per game. And let's be clear, that team left a lot of points on the field that season with the way they finished games, and also had Bubby ****ing Brister play the better part of four games.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #82
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Let's put it this way both O's were awesome

Reason's I'd pick 98 over 2013

1. Won SB
2. Could win anywhere
3. Toughness: I thought O could impose their will in playoffs 2013 hasn't proved it yet
4. TD dominated in reg season and post season

Why I'd pick 2013 over 98

1. Over 600 pts scored
2. 55 TD's
3. Over 5,000 yds
4. 10 td's for several players
Totally legit. I think the '98 offense is the best all-around offense ever, but rolling with the greatest passing offense ever is never a bad choice.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #83
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:

That is not what I said and you know that. If Denver had the '98 offense this year the Denver defense would be a very sound and respected unit around the league. Denver would get up by 14-21 points and then they would eat up time and shortening the game and keeping the defense off the field and not over exposed.

The '13 offense is great at scoring points but they were not great at controlling the clock when ahead. If they were they would not have blown that 24 point lead in New England. The '98 team did not blow any leads once they got ahead the game was over!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #84
driver
Pro Bowler

Bronco Fan Extrordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And that's a point I touched on. Until this offense proves they can do it against good teams in the playoffs I don't even think it's debatable. If and when they do I may well change my toon.
Okay? Going from Bugs to Daffy or vice-versa?
driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #85
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
Okay? Going from Bugs to Daffy or vice-versa?
Daffy. Definitely Daffy.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #86
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Haha...no.
Depends. That season ended with a ring and they man-handled every defense they played.

Additional thought, who wins... 98' Broncos or 13' Broncos?
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #87
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Somewhere wabbit is shaking his head.

Blessed as a fan to witness greatness. Get healthy and be ready.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #88
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Depends. That season ended with a ring and they man-handled every defense they played.

A tie, a gosh damn tie :-)
Old 12-29-2013, 10:34 PM   #89
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

My one issue with this team this year is coming out of the gate consistently and putting teams away. Foot on the ****ing gas!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #90
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post

That would be an awesome game!

1998 Denver won by an average of 31-19 in 2013 Denver won by an average score 38-25.

98- 12 point ave. margin
13- 13 point ave. margin

and I rounded so it is even closer than a one point difference!!

Last edited by Guess Who; 12-29-2013 at 10:47 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #91
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's the most prolific offense ever, but the greatest offense ever has to win the Superbowl. Sorry you aren't the greatest of all time at anything and then lose. Greatest implies most unstoppable ever, most consistent, all the way through to the big dance. Broncos are great and they may win it all but these records aren't worth a crap if they don't win it all.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #92
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's the most prolific offense ever, but the greatest offense ever has to win the Superbowl. Sorry you aren't the greatest of all time at anything and then lose. Greatest implies most unstoppable ever, most consistent, all the way through to the big dance. Broncos are great and they may win it all but these records aren't worth a crap if they don't win it all.
This is also false. Winning the SB doesn't mean your offense wasn't actually good. A lot of times the SB winner isn't the best in any of the three categories but they are the most balanced team. If a SB team loses with the number 1 offense and the number 30th defense and crappy special teams to a team ranked in the top ten in all categories, the team they lost to doesn't magically get to be the best offense that year.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #93
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
That would be an awesome game!
The 98 Broncos defense had more playmakers on it and played together much better then our current defense does. Also not sure our defense now would stand a chance against our old oline.

I'd predict 150 yrds rushing and 2 tds from davis. 220 yrds passing and another 2 tds from Elway, throw in a couple fgs from Elam. Nothing like this years offense. But that offense would have kept Manning off the field doing it.

I think it would have been close but I think the old Broncos take these Broncos because the defense stinks.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #94
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
This is also false. Winning the SB doesn't mean your offense wasn't actually good. A lot of times the SB winner isn't the best in any of the three categories but they are the most balanced team. If a SB team loses with the number 1 offense and the number 30th defense and crappy special teams to a team ranked in the top ten in all categories, the team they lost to doesn't magically get to be the best offense that year.
I can agree somewhat but if the offense gets in the playoffs, has the ball, and can't win it, then it's not the best offense ever. Our 98-99 offenses came through big time when they had to. This offense piles on yards and points but the greatest offense ever IMO is one that can overcome adversity to win it all.

We will see. Statistically though yes best offense ever. Freakin amazing and hopefully enough to lift a pretty bad defense to a Championship.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #95
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I think all some are saying is the greatest offense ever doesn't have to mean most points and yards ever. Although that is a great record to get. The reason being that most yards and points don't always mean most wins. Controlling the ball is important. I would still take the 98 offense over this one when it comes to winning. That offense consistently controlled the clock and the game. But Broncos played some horrid defenses this year. When it comes to saying best ever I think stats are only part of it. The wins, the big games, coming through in the clutch, that is also a big factor.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #96
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I realize this is like comparing super models, so it's probably stupid, but I think you have to do something historic to be considered the best. The 98 Broncos weren't even the best scoring offense of their season. And 2013 Broncos strength of schedule was harder than the one the 98 Broncos faced.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #97
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
... the '97 Denver offense was not near as productive as the '98 offense and that was the same era. '97 was the year the WRs kept dropping the ball over and over again.
"Not near" as productive? Have you been drinking?

1998 outscored '97 by 29 points, 1.9 per game.
'98 outgained '97 by 219 yards, 13.6 more per game.

Yeah, not near as productive.

Last nine games of 1998. Broncos played just ONE TEAM with a winning record (Miami), as Brister (who started 6 games in '98) fed TD over and over chasing 2,000.

Last nine games of 1997, Broncos played 4 teams w/ winning records incl. 11, 13 and 13 game winners SF, KC, Pitt in last six. Busting their asses every week ... only lost #1 seed on a last-second 54 yd FG by Stoyanovich in Narrowhead. '98 team had a fairly soft schedule, were 2nd and 3rd in pts and yards ... '97 1st and 1st.

Brister played in just one game in '97. He played in 7 and started 4 in '98.
Zimmerman played in '97, not '98

'98 team had confidence cause they'd been there ... thanks to...
'97 team, was one game removed from worst loss in franchise history

Never underestimate confidence.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #98
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

If the Broncos win the SB this year, this offense will go down as the greatest offense in the history of the game. If they don't win the SB, it won't matter what they call it because it's a moot point.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #99
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I realize this is like comparing super models, so it's probably stupid, but I think you have to do something historic to be considered the best. The 98 Broncos weren't even the best scoring offense of their season. And 2013 Broncos strength of schedule was harder than the one the 98 Broncos faced.
I guess I just feel this offense has more propensity to blow it. Buy throwing more it's more risky.

The 98 offense IMO is the perfect style and type to win it all. This offense IMO could be derailed by high winds or bad weather. IMO our 98-99 offenses could do there thing against any defense, in any weather, etc etc etc.

This offense is unbelievable though. You have to think if the defense even makes 3-4 stops a game we can win it all.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #100
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The 98 Broncos defense had more playmakers on it and played together much better then our current defense does. Also not sure our defense now would stand a chance against our old oline.

I'd predict 150 yrds rushing and 2 tds from davis. 220 yrds passing and another 2 tds from Elway, throw in a couple fgs from Elam. Nothing like this years offense. But that offense would have kept Manning off the field doing it.

I think it would have been close but I think the old Broncos take these Broncos because the defense stinks.
That is kinda my thinking as well. The bottom line is one team has Terrell Davis and one team doesn't.