The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default 2013 Denver Broncos - Greatest Offense Ever

What a great accomplishment and badge of honor for the team. They clearly worked hard and really earned and deserve it.

Now let's hope they bring us fans a championship.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
The Joker
Ring of Famer
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Damn right.

Hope the O just brings it for the playoffs and puts up 40 every game.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,615

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

And did so with having to shuffle some guys around on the OL too.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #4
B-Large
Ring of Famer
 
B-Large's Avatar
 
Expunged... Accidently?

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,523

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Imagine with Clady, old Von and Doom.... Yikes


But it makes it more sweet with all the adversity... Nice job boys
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

1998 Broncos offense was better in my opinion. Still, an amazing achievement by Manning and Co.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

One of the greatest regular seasons ever
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******
 
BroncoFox's Avatar
 
If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,798
Default

Except they were not better. More yards, tds, points.. than any team in history. This is the best offense.. ever. the '98 team, as much as I love it, was not even the best team when they finished.
BroncoFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
Except they were not better. More yards, tds, points.. than any team in history. This is the best offense.. ever. the '98 team, as much as I love it, was not even the best team when they finished.
The '98 offense was better. They did not put up the yards and TDs this offense did because Elway missed four games and because they would jump out to big leads and run the ball. This team cannot run the ball like that. Plus the 1998 defense was much better and the offense wasn't forced to score 40 points a game.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,939

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Congrats to fox and company, the coach many people here say is too conservative, too old school.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,733
Default

According to these idiots announcing SNF, the 2013 Beagles offense is the greatest.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,860

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Congrats to fox and company, the coach many people here say is too conservative, too old school.
Fox has almost nothing to do with how amazing this offense was this year. You thread failed.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
Bronco
Seasoned Veteran
 
Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: First Round Bye
Posts: 449

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib
Default

Best offense in the history of the nfl. Its been a great year to be a fan.
Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
mennonite
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 863

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You thread failed.
Hey, didn't I see you on tv today?
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
The '98 offense was better. They did not put up the yards and TDs this offense did because Elway missed four games and because they would jump out to big leads and run the ball. This team cannot run the ball like that. Plus the 1998 defense was much better and the offense wasn't forced to score 40 points a game.
More balanced. Dunno that it was any better. I'd be happy with either
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
1998 Broncos offense was better in my opinion. Still, an amazing achievement by Manning and Co.
Its hard to compare with the new defensive contact rules but even with that accounted for I dont think you are right. Now, if the question is which offense would give us a better chance to win the super bowl then I think you have a better argument. Having TD move the chains is irreplaceable. Still, ill take the current model. Peyton Manning just had the best season of any player at his position (the hardest one in the game) in the history of the game without his franchise left tackle and he made it look easy. This season, as fans of this offense, it was annoying when we didnt score 40. We had 5 guys score 10 touchdowns. Another team may come along and break our records some day but I dont think its going to happen next year or any time soon...unless its PFM that does it.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #16
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,939

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Fox has almost nothing to do with how amazing this offense was this year. You thread failed.
Other than the fact he's the head coach, I'm sure you are right.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #17
Cutler4pres
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

the problem with the argument that this is the greatest offense ever is purely statistical. The reality is that the porous defense forced the O to keep scoring. While it clearly was a GREAT O, the poor D contributed mightily to the stats. For example, if we had even a decent D we would not have had Manning in for the 4th quarter in 4-8 of the games, which would have cost him 1-2 games of PT
Cutler4pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Gene helping John figure out FA

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Watching a 37 year old 2 years removed from having to sit out a full season for neck issues throw bombs to DT week in and out has been the thing I remember most. Tired about hearing about the cold and wind issues, Manning can sling it. Would love to see a home run hitter at RB but our WR corp is better than the 98 crew.

I think John was the prototypical QB, he could do it all and he will always be #1 but Manning is the best pure passer and reader of D's. Now he just needs to win us a SB.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

We missed the points per game mark held by the 1950 LA Rams. We finished 3 points per game shy. So you could make a case the Rams were most prolific and were only limited by a shorter season. This is also in 1950, mind you. So we're talking Paul Brown, old. BTW they lost in the Championship game to the Paul Brown-led Browns on a last second field goal.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
The '98 offense was better. They did not put up the yards and TDs this offense did because Elway missed four games and because they would jump out to big leads and run the ball. This team cannot run the ball like that. Plus the 1998 defense was much better and the offense wasn't forced to score 40 points a game.
Wow, this is dumb. I love Elway and the '98 team, but this team is putting up offensive numbers that have never been done. Manning just put together the best regular season a QB has ever had. Ever. Think about that.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,457

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
The '98 offense was better.
Haha...no.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
Guess Who
Rookie
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Wow, this is dumb. I love Elway and the '98 team, but this team is putting up offensive numbers that have never been done. Manning just put together the best regular season a QB has ever had. Ever. Think about that.
Did you read what I posted? '98 team could have put up these numbers. They were routinely up 21-0 at halftime and ran TD in the second half. Elway missed FOUR Games!! What would this Denver team's stats look like if Brister played the majority of four games for them this year. Plus Denver's defense in 1998 was much better and the offense did not need to score as much.

Better defense
Elway missing 4 games
TD was best clock killer in NFL
'13 team can't rely on running game to move the ball

I stated all this in the previous post, reading comprehension is poor. If you have a problem with a post why don't you say what about the post is not true instead of just showing yourself as an IDIOT.

Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #23
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Its hard to compare with the new defensive contact rules but even with that accounted for I dont think you are right. Now, if the question is which offense would give us a better chance to win the super bowl then I think you have a better argument. Having TD move the chains is irreplaceable. Still, ill take the current model. Peyton Manning just had the best season of any player at his position (the hardest one in the game) in the history of the game without his franchise left tackle and he made it look easy. This season, as fans of this offense, it was annoying when we didnt score 40. We had 5 guys score 10 touchdowns. Another team may come along and break our records some day but I dont think its going to happen next year or any time soon...unless its PFM that does it.
You negated your own argument when you admitted that the '98 offense would give us a better chance to win a Super Bowl. This offense scored more points because it was a pass first offense. That doesn't actually mean it is better. Great running offenses score fewer points as a rule compared to equally great pass offenses. Points aren't the only measure of an offense.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
Did you read what I posted? '98 team could have put up these numbers. They were routinely up 21-0 at halftime and ran TD in the second half. Elway missed FOUR Games!! What would this Denver team's stats look like if Brister played the majority of four games for them this year. Plus Denver's defense in 1998 was much better and the offense did not need to score as much.

Better defense
Elway missing 4 games
TD was best clock killer in NFL
'13 team can't rely on running game to move the ball

I stated all this in the previous post, reading comprehension is poor. If you have a problem with a post why don't you say what about the post is not true instead of just showing yourself as an IDIOT.

I only remember this happening 2-3 times in 98. And some of those blister games were pretty high scoring. This offense is better, but also plays in more of a passing oriented league.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #25
KevinJames
DT
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What a great accomplishment and badge of honor for the team. They clearly worked hard and really earned and deserve it.

Now let's hope they bring us fans a championship.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Denver Broncos