The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
Oranges
Seasoned Veteran
 
Oranges's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Difference between 2013 & 2014??

Maybe the high priced Free Agents isnt the best way to build a team. See Yankees.

How else do you explain it? Injuries?.. maybe Coaches?...Maybe. But I think a more likely explanation is the whole team dynamic changes, and becomes toxic when you bring in a bunch of these high priced Free Agents and expect everyone to mesh.

WE averaged 38 pts a game last year, why blow up your team like Elway did? Why let go of key pieces like Decker and Moreno when they could of been had for cheap? I would think trying to keep the greatest offense in NFL history together would have been priority #1.


So where are our leaders? Leadership is certainly not coming from the coaching staff. My theory is maybe Sanders, Talib, Ware and Ward were not the best for an all ready fragile locker room devoid of leadership. No?

What do you think the difference is?
Oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #2
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Sissies Ite Domum!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western CO
Posts: 1,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Honestly I feel the Oline is the biggest problem right now.

Coaching has been an issue, but the lack of a legitimate run threat, and Manning being under constant pressure has been the downfall in all the loss IMO.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #3
Oranges
Seasoned Veteran
 
Oranges's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Honestly I feel the Oline is the biggest problem right now.

Coaching has been an issue, but the lack of a legitimate run threat, and Manning being under constant pressure has been the downfall in all the loss IMO.
But we had the same 5 guys to start the season. They were great last year. Its something else.
Oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #4
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
But we had the same 5 guys to start the season. They were great last year. Its something else.
Its Coaching.... It just is. They shouldn't regress this bad unless the coaching is terrible, misguided, lazy?, ?? . the Line is bad.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #5
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 8,098
Default

Sanders has been phenomenal and is far from high priced. Moreno saved our ass on a lot of third downs last season, and his blocking is probably missed, but he's out for the season now anyway, so wouldn't have done anything for us to retain him likely.

#1 we have a much harder schedule, against far stronger defenses.
#2 it is the exact same offense, the same routes and tendencies. Call it exposure if you like, but there is a blueprint for slowing down this offense. Denver has failed to adjust to the defenses that have adjusted to us.
#3 The defense IS improved over last season, there are still breakdowns, but a marked improvement overall, that is where most of the "High "Priced" FA's are.

Honestly though, if we go 12-4, or 11-5 with the jump in Schedule difficulty....not much has really changed from last year.

The O-line wasn't great last year btw, defenses hadn't started jumping all the short routes yet. They do now. Defense are daring us to beat them over the top, we aren't getting that 1 extra second to take advantage. They are also still beating on our WR, you'll notice that Manning always throws to a spot when he is rushed, expecting the WR to be there, but they get slowed up and simply aren't there.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
Mile High 81
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bad Salzuflen, Germany
Posts: 225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
Maybe the high priced Free Agents isnt the best way to build a team. See Yankees.

How else do you explain it? Injuries?.. maybe Coaches?...Maybe. But I think a more likely explanation is the whole team dynamic changes, and becomes toxic when you bring in a bunch of these high priced Free Agents and expect everyone to mesh.

WE averaged 38 pts a game last year, why blow up your team like Elway did? Why let go of key pieces like Decker and Moreno when they could of been had for cheap? I would think trying to keep the greatest offense in NFL history together would have been priority #1.


So where are our leaders? Leadership is certainly not coming from the coaching staff. My theory is maybe Sanders, Talib, Ware and Ward were not the best for an all ready fragile locker room devoid of leadership. No?

What do you think the difference is?
I think you always have to noticed the teams you play. last year we got the crap nfC east with average teams and the afc south. this year we get the nfc west (best division in football) and the afc east. i do not know what we will do against the fins and bills but one thing is for sure. they are better than last years titans+jags.
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
Gort
Ring of Famer
 
Gort's Avatar
 
Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook
Default

serious answer...

in 2013, some teams in league discovered how to beat us and also discovered that Fox/Gase/JDR/Manning were unable or unwilling to change their schemes/gameplans during the season/games to compensate. fortunately it didn't really bite us in the arse until the SB.

in 2014, every team knows how to beat us. the teams which have the healthy personnel to do so are doing so. Fox/Gase/JDR/Manning are still unable or unwilling to change their schemes/gameplans during the season/games to compensate. Elway didn't address all of our problems during the offseason. some of our players have regressed.

so the difference appears to me to be that... in the span of 12 months, the NFL has adjusted and we have not. more teams are playing us like the sea chickens did in the SB. we are playing like it's 2013 still and haven't adjusted. in short, the NFL stands for "not for long" and what worked for us so well in 2012 and 2013 isn't working so well in 2014 and our coaches appear to be dumbfounded by this fact.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #8
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,424

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

A little bit on some of the rule changes too. I know, we are all kinda making excuses. But how many plays were taken to the house last year on those screen and pick plays? How many have you seen taken the distance this year?

I know DT is on pace to get his yards, and Sanders has been awesome. But that "vaunted" screen and pick play ain't happening this year...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #9
Oranges
Seasoned Veteran
 
Oranges's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High 81 View Post
I think you always have to noticed the teams you play. last year we got the crap nfC east with average teams and the afc south. this year we get the nfc west (best division in football) and the afc east. i do not know what we will do against the fins and bills but one thing is for sure. they are better than last years titans+jags.
But its the way we're losing... Losing to an inferior team on the road is not that big of a deal, but usually you can point to things like turnovers, special teams, penalties, etc. as the reason. That loss and the NE loss was different. They just straight up beat are arse in all phases of the game and that wasnt happening last year.

There's something deeper going on thats why people are pissed. We cant just go from the Greatest Offense Ever to laying eggs like this without their being something deeper going on.

* I think the team is devoid of leadership and the locker room is ****
* And I think some of our lineman are dealing with injuries
Oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

2 bad games and an OT loss.

Ill take that every year
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #11
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
Honestly I feel the Oline is the biggest problem right now.

Coaching has been an issue, but the lack of a legitimate run threat, and Manning being under constant pressure has been the downfall in all the loss IMO.
Those two are mostly likely related as well.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #12
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer
 
Powderaddict's Avatar
 
Sissies Ite Domum!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Western CO
Posts: 1,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
But we had the same 5 guys to start the season. They were great last year. Its something else.
It's not the same 5 guys in the same 5 spots.

Clady isn't himself, and pretty much every position has a different player starting.
Powderaddict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #13
HorseHead
Ring of Famer
 
HorseHead's Avatar
 
Stay thirsty my friends..

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,424

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay
Default

What's strange is that a team last year with Chris Clark at Left Tackle was better than this line is this year. And no, I am not saying Clark is better than Clady..
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #14
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,266

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

The defense is actually better. The Rams couldn't get into the endzone for their life yesterday. It's the degeneration of the offense and the piss poor play of the offensive line.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 9,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranges View Post
But we had the same 5 guys to start the season. They were great last year. Its something else.
Really? Check again.

Clark Beadles ramirez vasquez Franklin.

Clady Franklin ramirez vasquez clark.


Not even close to being the same thing. Players moving, gone, or added.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-17-2014 at 08:27 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #16
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,497
Default

Differences

2013 Manning was one yr younger vs 2014 Manning
35-10 Manning is better then a tight score Manning pressure gets him easily
OL flopped this year
Coaching sucked last yr but, the Madden like scoring covered it up see 2014 version
D 2nd biggest disappointment why did we sign Ware to use him in coverage. If we plan on doing the same with Miller hell Denver should trade him. Other teams would gladly use him to rush passer

FA's Sanders Gem without him even uglier season today
Talib ok but, hardly a gem signing
Ward ok but, again not a lights out signing we hoped to start with
Note to Fox Manning can't carry a team without a huge lead. Quit expecting him to be a savior when your struggling he has zero broken down play skills.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 11-17-2014 at 08:31 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #17
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,792

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

No Alex Gibbs this year.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #18
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
The defense is actually better. The Rams couldn't get into the endzone for their life yesterday. It's the degeneration of the offense and the piss poor play of the offensive line.
Yeah the Offense will get it together and Manning needs to know how to play against that Zone
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:45 AM   #19
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 9,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Differences

2013 Manning was one yr younger vs 2014 Manning
35-10 Manning is better then a tight score Manning pressure gets him easily
OL flopped this year
Coaching sucked last yr but, the Madden like scoring covered it up see 2014 version
D 2nd biggest disappointment why did we sign Ware to use him in coverage. If we plan on doing the same with Miller hell Denver should trade him. Other teams would gladly use him to rush passer

FA's Sanders Gem without him even uglier season today
Talib ok but, hardly a gem signing
Ward ok but, again not a lights out signing we hoped to start with
Note to Fox Manning can't carry a team without a huge lead. Quit expecting him to be a savior when your struggling he has zero broken down play skills.
This is bigger than people want to realize. He's missing throws this year that would've been completed last year.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:50 AM   #20
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
This is bigger than people want to realize. He's missing throws this year that would've been completed last year.
He missed throws last year.

The difference is this year he's missing opportunities. Because he doesn't have the time and/or composure to see them. Which is why he flails around and latches onto crutches like Tamme.

Give him a solid pocket, and he's still golden.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:53 AM   #21
Oranges
Seasoned Veteran
 
Oranges's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
This is bigger than people want to realize. He's missing throws this year that would've been completed last year.
It's bc of those happy feet. He needs to hang in there longer
Oranges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #22
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 9,282

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He missed throws last year.

The difference is this year he's missing opportunities. Because he doesn't have the time and/or composure to see them. Which is why he flails around and latches onto crutches like Tamme.

Give him a solid pocket, and he's still golden.
Ya but there are throws this year where he's rushing through them when he believes the pressure is coming. Last week on the goalline to hillman is a perfect example. like rattled before the pressure is arriving.

Wonder if they are game planning for all those quick throws this year because of the oline. Way too many under 5 yard passes this year. And isn't opened up until they are behind 2 scores.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #23
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Ya but there are throws this year where he's rushing through them when he believes the pressure is coming. Last week on the goalline to hillman is a perfect example. like rattled before the pressure is arriving.

Wonder if they are game planning for all those quick throws this year because of the oline. Way too many under 5 yard passes this year. And isn't opened up until they are behind 2 scores.
I agree it's not all the OL on every play. At least not directly. When Peyton hits panic mode, he's a thoroughly average QB. And one who apparently can't bring himself to throw a ball away. Some of the fetaling gets old especially when it looks like he has a window to get rid of the ball.

I see other QB's throwing the ball away on a pretty regular basis. Never see it from Peyton for some reason.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #24
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
He missed throws last year.

The difference is this year he's missing opportunities. Because he doesn't have the time and/or composure to see them. Which is why he flails around and latches onto crutches like Tamme.

Give him a solid pocket, and he's still golden.

I've heard more Manning nuthuggers mention it this year though so its alot more revealing this season. Better OL will help but, losing more arm strength might be real issue now that is covered up by focusing only on sucky OL.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #25
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,963

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

HGH Testing?
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Denver Broncos