The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #1001
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #1002
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

, also dig the jersey.. never seen one like that
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #1003
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Brock came in with the score 31-0 and the game for all intents and purposes was over.....the coaches had him manage the game, run out the clock and go home with the W. But keep whining about a guy who hasn't play all that much because he has a HoF QB starting in front of him.
Is part of "managing a game" having absolutely no pocket presence with even the faintest whiff of pressure? Is part of "managing the game" taking really bad sacks? It's funny that you are supporting Osweiler's utterly mediocre play against a bad defense, as I found myself thinking of Orton while watching him bumble around in the pocket. At least you are consistent.

The dude managed three total points while getting to throw a respectable 13 times (26 through an entire game would be very similar to how much Russel Wilson is usually allowed to throw). That's bad. Period.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #1004
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Is part of "managing a game" having absolutely no pocket presence with even the faintest whiff of pressure? Is part of "managing the game" taking really bad sacks? It's funny that you are supporting Osweiler's utterly mediocre play against a bad defense, as I found myself thinking of Orton while watching him bumble around in the pocket. At least you are consistent.

The dude managed three total points while getting to throw a respectable 13 times (26 through an entire game would be very similar to how much Russel Wilson is usually allowed to throw). That's bad. Period.
Do I think Brock is the next big thing? who knows, but I do know he made some very coachable mistakes today. Pocket presence which I didn't think was horrible. Should he have gotten rid of the ball of course. Peyton also gave up a sack. He was also playing with the lead.. I'll reserve judgment until he plays with first teamers. Also having to rely on Ronnie Hilman in a grind the clock situation is not desirable nor his pass blocking compared to Montee/Knowshon.
I did like the way he did step up in the pocket even though it broke down for him.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #1005
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

After Peyton retires I have no problem giving Oz 1-2 years to get a handle on things. Life is very different as a backup vs. being the starter.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #1006
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Do I think Brock is the next big thing? who knows, but I do know he made some very coachable mistakes today. Pocket presence which I didn't think was horrible. Should he have gotten rid of the ball of course. Peyton also gave up a sack. He was also playing with the lead.. I'll reserve judgment until he plays with first teamers. Also having to rely on Ronnie Hilman in a grind the clock situation is not desirable nor his pass blocking compared to Montee/Knowshon.
I did like the way he did step up in the pocket even though it broke down for him.
I guess I'm still waiting for the guy to show something remotely resembling a franchise QB and a playmaker. But in his preseason play and today I just don't see it, at all. I'm just glad Manning probably isn't retiring anytime soon.

I will grant you that being left with Hillman as the go to back was pretty sub-optimal for him. Hillman just doesn't have it, at all.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #1007
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
I guess I'm still waiting for the guy to show something remotely resembling a franchise QB and a playmaker. But in his preseason play and today I just don't see it, at all. I'm just glad Manning probably isn't retiring anytime soon.

I will grant you that being left with Hillman as the go to back was pretty sub-optimal for him. Hillman just doesn't have it, at all.
I have several friends that are Packer fans that said the same thing about Aaron Rogers while he was waiting behind Farve. And no, I'm not comparing the two, just making a point. But don't worry, if Elway agrees with you, and I doubt it, he can trade him to a desperate team for a 2nd or 3rd, and try again in the next draft.

Btw, you know who looked like franchise QB's while waiting behind potential future HOF QB's? Matt Cassel & Matt Flynn, that's who! Just saying...
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #1008
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I have several friends that are Packer fans that said the same thing about Aaron Rogers while he was waiting behind Farve. And no, I'm not comparing the two, just making a point. But don't worry, if Elway agrees with you, and I doubt it, he can trade him to a desperate team for a 2nd or 3rd, and try again in the next draft.

Btw, you know who looked like franchise QB's while waiting behind potential future HOF QB's? Matt Cassel & Matt Flynn, that's who! Just saying...
We shall see I suppose. Or maybe not. I'm thinking Manning is probably going to play through Osweiler's rookie contract.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #1009
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
After Peyton retires I have no problem giving Oz 1-2 years to get a handle on things. Life is very different as a backup vs. being the starter.
Same here, you can't judge how a QB plays in the 2nd half of the last game of the season as a backup. For perspective here is how Tom Brady did in the 2nd half of the week 17 game in his 2nd season in the league (he did start that game and it was the 14th start of the season and his career):

12 attempts, 7 completions, 83 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT and 1 sack.

Osweiler:

13 attempts, 9 completions, 85 yards, 0 T and 0 INT and 2 sacks.

Both came in the 2nd half of blowout victories over bad teams.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #1010
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
We shall see I suppose. Or maybe not. I'm thinking Manning is probably going to play through Osweiler's rookie contract.
I would be ecstatic if that happened. I have a feeling that Elway would consider that a good problem to have. Btw, under that scenario, you will know exactly what Elway thinks of OZ.

If he re-signs him, that tells you he is pleased. If he trades him, he's getting what he can out of him. If he lets him walk for nothing, you were right.

But all that may be a couple of years away.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #1011
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
, also dig the jersey.. never seen one like that
I have one of those in Manning (18). My son got it for me in PHX after running into a guy that has something to do with Nike and the NFL marketing.
He said that they will go on sale next year, and not generally available now....
not sure if its BS or not....and note the color scheme is Black and orange...no blue.

I wore it during the SD game at home and it was abd luck , so it stays in the closet til after the SB.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote