The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #51
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 7,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Bull****.. try this, find me an example of a team signing a QB to a 5 yr deal then spending their 2nd rounder the same offseason on the same position PLEASE, someone offer proof of this ever happening?

Is my argument that hard to understand?
Your argument is weak. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Name me one other qb that has thrown 51 tds...none...I guess it will never happen again.
2KBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #52
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,960

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Manning was hurt once his entire playing career going back to high school. If you give a guy 20 million you dont go and spend your 2nd rounder on the same position.
Manning couldn't really throw the ball 20 yards down-field prior to the draft. Elway signed him to a team-favorable contract with appropriate outs for injury, and then took a contingency plan. I don't see the problem here.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #53
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
It's not the complexity people are raking you about, it's the absurdity.
Very similar to Chef Luigi's rants on Manning's 40 time or on Champ's dinner manners.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #54
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,960

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Matt Schaub was a 3rd round pick by a team with an injury-prone, pro-bowl QB. He had two starts in his first three years. He was finally traded to Houston for 2 second round picks. With for Houston, he was a 2x pro-bowler, and led the league in attempts, completions and yards in 2009.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #55
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,960

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Bull****.. try this, find me an example of a team signing a QB to a 5 yr deal then spending their 2nd rounder the same offseason on the same position PLEASE, someone offer proof of this ever happening?

Is my argument that hard to understand?
I will do that, as soon as you find me an example of a 4x league MVP becoming an unrestricted free agent.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #56
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Bull****.. try this, find me an example of a team signing a QB to a 5 yr deal then spending their 2nd rounder the same offseason on the same position PLEASE, someone offer proof of this ever happening?

Is my argument that hard to understand?
Find me an example of a QB like Manning on the street.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #57
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,518
Default

[] Craig Morton was drafted in 1st round by Dallas despite them having Don Meredith, he started all of 5 games in his first 4 seasons....he only made all-pro one season ('77) but who cares...he led two different teams from different conferences to the SB

[] Roger Staubach was drafted in '64....served his military commitment and then hardly played his first two seasons, and then made pro bowls numerous times and went to 4 SB's winning two.

[] Danny White was drafted in '76...was their punter and started one game in his first 4 seasons and while he only made one Pro Bowl he took the Cowboys to 3 consecutive NFCCG appearances.

[] Ken Stabler was drafted in '68....didn't throw a pass until 1970, and didn't start but two games until he became the Raiders starter in 1973 made the Pro Bowl 4 times and won a SB in '76.

[] Len Dawson was drafted in '57....started all of 2 games until he became a Dallas Texan (KC Chiefs), he made 7 Pro bowls, led the Chiefs to 2 SB's winning one of them.

[] Jack Kemp was drafted in '57....didn't start a game until 1960...made 7 Pro Bowls.

[] Marc Bulger was drafted in '00...didn't start a game for his first two seasons and made the Pro Bowl twice.

[] Mark Rypien was drafted in '86...didn't start until '88 and won a SB, was MVP of the SB and made 2 Pro bowls.


and there are numerous others, but I think even you can see that it can happen, and has happened before.

Last edited by errand; 12-29-2013 at 10:24 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #58
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Your argument is weak. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Name me one other qb that has thrown 51 tds...none...I guess it will never happen again.
You guys are hopeless. What a laughable comparison
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #59
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Peyton is going to play out his contract. Name me a QB that sat the bench his first 5 yrs and went on to become a pro bowler? Go. I dont like that Elway hedged his bets. Sorry.
Kurt Warner? Rodgers sat until his 4th season.

Also there is no guarantee Peyton plays all 5 years. If we go back to back he could very well decide to pull an Elway and go out on top as the undisputed greatest ever. His neck can give him issues and he decides to hang it up. Nothing is guaranteed and because of that our man calling the shots has an insurance policy named Brock.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #60
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Find me an example of a QB like Manning on the street.
Joe Montana.

Elway should have drafted a qb in the 3rd or 4th like Wilson or Foles. No one is going to convince me that it's a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup. Sry. It's not going to happen.

Last edited by ATL-Eric; 12-29-2013 at 10:31 AM..
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #61
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,961

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Joe Montana.

Elway should have drafted a qb in the 3rd or 4th like Wilson or Foles. No one is going to convince that it's a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup. Sry. It's not going to happen.
Sorry try again on Montana. I agree that OZ will probably end up a wasted pick though.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #62
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Bull****.. try this, find me an example of a team signing a QB to a 5 yr deal then spending their 2nd rounder the same offseason on the same position PLEASE, someone offer proof of this ever happening?

Is my argument that hard to understand?
Pats had Brady under contract through 2014 drafted Mallet at the top of the 3rd and then gave Brady a 3 year extension.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Joe Montana.

Elway should have drafted a qb in the 3rd or 4th like Wilson or Foles. No one is going to convince that it's a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup. Sry. It's not going to happen.
Wait a minute, the 49ers gave up a 2nd round pick for Steve Young.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #64
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

Poor Atl-Eric, getting totally destroyed.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,518
Default

ATL-Eric still butthurt over a draft from two seasons ago.....let it go man. We're 12-3 and probably gonna win the SB, so Lavonte David wouldn't have made that much of a difference.....Foles had to wait until Vick got hurt to see the field, and wilson's only competition was Matt Flynn. Neither of them would have played a freaking down by now either had the Broncos drafted them....let's worry about how well Brock does when he's the starter.

Last edited by errand; 12-29-2013 at 10:36 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #66
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,625
Default

Minnesota spent the #11th overall pick on a QB in 1999 only months after Randall Cunningham led the greatest offense in history and they had just signed free agent Jeff George. They also had Brad Johnson in the mix.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #67
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
Joe Montana.

Elway should have drafted a qb in the 3rd or 4th like Wilson or Foles. No one is going to convince me that it's a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup. Sry. It's not going to happen.
Montana was not on the street like Peyton. The Chiefs traded a 1st for him.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #68
frerottenextelway
█████
 
frerottenextelway's Avatar
 
█████

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: █████
Posts: 8,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██
Default

So in conclusion, the answer is all the f'n time.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #69
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,447

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

cough**TommyMaddox**cough
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #70
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frerottenextelway View Post
Poor Atl-Eric, getting totally destroyed.
the amazing thing is he asks for an example of it happening, and then tries to find all kinds of qualifiers to discredit the examples given.

The Cowboys had Don Meredith, and yet they drafted Roger Staubach and Craig Morton (5th overall in '65) who both ended up leading the Cowboys to the SB

The Vikings drafted Brad Johnson, who didn't throw a pass until '94 and didn't become their part time starter until '96 and he won a SB.

He acts as if making the Pro Bowl is more important than making it to the playoffs, or winning a playoff game or making to the SB or winning the SB.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #71
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,411

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Pats had Brady under contract through 2014 drafted Mallet at the top of the 3rd and then gave Brady a 3 year extension.
Winner, Winner! Because you were able to meet the 6'6" or above criteria.

Well played, Sir!
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #72
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,447

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

cough**JayCutler**cough
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #73
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,749

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL-Eric View Post
You guys are hopeless. What a laughable comparison
Your thread is hopeless. No one is going to have the exact circumstances of every player. By your logic Manning shouldn't have come back because no other QB had EXACTLY his injury at EXACTLY his age and went SPECIFICALLY to a new team. Have other players, even QBs, come back from injury? Sure. Have other QBs for many different reasons and with an assortment of backgrounds had to ride the pine and been able to come into the league and play at a pro Bowl level? Yes. Your premise is fallacious anyway.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #74
ATL-Eric
Pro Bowler
 
ATL-Eric's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 709

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
cough**TommyMaddox**cough
Talk about a stellar career
ATL-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #75
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

You chose probably the worst way to make a thread about still being upset about a draft that happened two years ago. You're getting totally owned in here lol
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Denver Broncos