The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #126
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I'm just amused at the lack of respect Weidman still gets. Let's break this down a bit. Let's say you want to call his first fight with Silva a fluke. What makes it a fluke, that Silva was being a clown and maybe it was a lucky punch. Well I take nothing away from Silva but why don't you take a look at that punch again. People call it a left hook. I don't know what to call it but it was nothing close to a power punch at all. It was a funky punch that didn't have hardly anything on it, yet it knocked Silva out cold. So rather then saying the punch was a fluke, how about talking about Silva having a glass jaw. Now we move to the 2nd fight. Silva was getting dominated before he broke his leg. And he broke his leg how? By a perfect check block by Weidman. Say what you want, I think this Weidman guy is a very well rounded fighter and I can see him giving anybody who steps in the ring with him plenty of trouble. Doesn't mean I guarantee he will win but I'm not foolish enough to think he will automatically lose. The man just beat the best MMA fighter of all time twice in a row. I think he deserves his props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Well I'm not trying to see things through a crystal ball like you. I just call it as it happens in real life. Weidman just beat the best there ever was twice in a row. Nobody knows what would have been or what will be. Not even you or your crystal ball.
I don't think anybody is taking anything away from Weidman. Yes he beat the greatest of all time, twice. The thing is, in fighting, it's not about attaining the title. It's about the defense of the title. I thought that Evens was a great champ, but he could even pass Lyota.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #127
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Watched a replay of UFC 149 last night. Sort of a snoozer. It was cool to see Faber/Barea go at it for the interim belt. Faber lost and said the leg kicks were nothing like the ones Aldo used to rip his leg apart. Lol Faber used to be pretty good...no?
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #128
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Btw, is there a general ufc thread?
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #129
DHallblows
Ring of Famer