The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #101
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Fun at the range MAR 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
First Ronda did bow to meisha. Second Ronda "hate" I believe was genuine. It wasn't like the fake a$$ $h!t that sonnen pushes. Third, respect is earned! You wouldn't expect for you to walk into a ring with Cain valasquez and get respect from him. In the eyes of Ronda Tate lost respect because of things said and done by Tate before and during the Ultimate fighter. You should know women in general are sensitive to that BS.
Some women are sensitive yes. I saw the entire series and I don't think Misha did anything terrible at all. They were just trying to have some fun pranks going on and honestly, they weren't even bad pranks at all. I thought they were funny to be honest. The unibrow thing was funny as heck. Even if they were making fun of me, I'd just laugh and go along with it instead of getting all bent out of shape over something so stupid. I think what Ronda was really miffed the most about is what Tate's stupid BF did, what he said was so lame. What, he's going to beat up a girl. That was weak stuff. But he did apologize like 100 times so I think Ronda just needs to get over it. I think she will eventually. I hope Misha keeps fighting. She was really bummed about the loss. She's too damn tough to stop. She just needs to learn how to strike better and keep things standing up sometimes, instead of always going for the ground and pound or submissions. To beat Ronda, you have to have great ground defense and be a good striker standing up. That's how you beat her. Ronda will eventually lose, it always happens in this sport. All it takes is just the right strike and it doesn't even have to be that hard, if it lands in a certain spot, nighty night. Just like when Silva went down the first time a few months back. That left hook wasn't even really a hook. It was like a toying fist movement and I was stunned it knocked Silva out.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #102
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7730 View Post
That leg break was probably THE worst ever on tv. I really enjoyed all the U.S. fighters beating the Brazilian's down and there BJJ. Tate should of worked harder to keep more distance, once she got close to Ronda her elite skills in Judo made it easy and her devastating arm-bar is something that most fighters would have trouble getting out of. Imho.
Yeah that was a top 3 worst break on TV's that I've seen. Of course Joe Thiesman's was horrible looking but so was that college basketball players last year. He just jumped up in the air and came down and that thing just snapped in half man. It was very strange to see.

Old 12-31-2013, 05:47 AM   #103
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem
Default missed one....

txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #104
ghwk
Ring of Famer

DOUBLE JESUS MUTHER EFFERS!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Be Smokin

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
No we're MEN. Most of us are wired to test our physical attributes against other men. WOMEN PROJECTING THEMSELVES as though they were Men is gut wrenching and nauseating.

Mud wrestling? ABSOLUTELY! women throwing punches , elbows kicks and attempting to initiate arm bars and choke holds with the end goal of making the other female unconscious or to submit??
What the hell is wrong with some of you?
Womens place is in the kitchen eh?

Nyuk Nyuk your buddy wants you to make him his dinner!
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #105
BroncosfanGuy
Luddite

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

they should have steel chair matches and a royal rumble and it might be more entertaining
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #106
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
they should have steel chair matches and a royal rumble and it might be more entertaining
You mean like a three way fight? Done.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #107
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Some women are sensitive yes. I saw the entire series and I don't think Misha did anything terrible at all. They were just trying to have some fun pranks going on and honestly, they weren't even bad pranks at all. I thought they were funny to be honest. The unibrow thing was funny as heck. Even if they were making fun of me, I'd just laugh and go along with it instead of getting all bent out of shape over something so stupid. I think what Ronda was really miffed the most about is what Tate's stupid BF did, what he said was so lame. What, he's going to beat up a girl. That was weak stuff. But he did apologize like 100 times so I think Ronda just needs to get over it. I think she will eventually. I hope Misha keeps fighting. She was really bummed about the loss. She's too damn tough to stop. She just needs to learn how to strike better and keep things standing up sometimes, instead of always going for the ground and pound or submissions. To beat Ronda, you have to have great ground defense and be a good striker standing up. That's how you beat her. Ronda will eventually lose, it always happens in this sport. All it takes is just the right strike and it doesn't even have to be that hard, if it lands in a certain spot, nighty night. Just like when Silva went down the first time a few months back. That left hook wasn't even really a hook. It was like a toying fist movement and I was stunned it knocked Silva out.
You tell a woman "calm down" "Let it go". You'll find yourself in an Armbar. .

Punchers got punchers chance but Ronda's standup is getting better. The things, nobody can match Ronda's training. Ronda has an olympic level training. Just look at the about she has put into her training. Ronda has been doing this since at least 16-17 years old. She's not just some tough chick that picked up the sport for 4-5 years.

Here's the difference. Ronda made 4 attemps at the armbar. But if you look closer. She made those attempts from 4 differnet positions. When you watch the even the mens the armbars come from only a few positions. My point is that Ronda's training is to a point where she has trained to apply that armbar from any position possible. Bruce Lee said once "I'm not afriad of the guy that has learned a 1000 kicks. I'm afraid of the guy that has learned one kick a 1000 times."
Old 01-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #108
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

I love watching Silva fight, but Weidman is his worst nightmare. First he knocks this guy out once. Comes back in the second fight and almost knocked him out in under a minute. Silva would've won if he didn't break his leg? I don't buy it. Apparently Weidman is pretty damn bada$$. He's undefeated and has beaten who no one could twice!
Enter The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #109
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

I'd be shocked if Weidman defended the belt more than twice
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #110
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Womens place is in the kitchen eh?

Nyuk Nyuk your buddy wants you to make him his dinner!
The fact that you relate my desire to NOT SEE WOMEN ATTEMPTING TO MAKE THE OTHER UNCONCIOUS OR SUBMIT DUE TO A CHOKE HOLD OR ARM BAR AT RISK OF A BROKEN APPENDAGE to me being a Chauvinist is certainly a common, gutless, leftist ploy to shame the person who you disagree with. And of course, you failed miserably.

But go ahead and continue to post that their are no inherent differences between Men and Women and you'll continue to be shown for the KOOL-AID swilling, politically correct, lockstep leftist that you are expressing yourself as in this thread.

If you are a man, and you witness women violently fighting each other and it doesn't turn your stomach, there is something INHERENTLY wrong with you. Women ARE NOT the same as MEN as much as the progressive movement would like YOU to believe.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #111
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
I'd be shocked if Weidman defended the belt more than twice
You're right. Silva is probably the best MMA fighter ever and Weidman is def not on that level. Sure sucks to see such a rare injury happen to him. I'm a newer UFC fan; does anyone think Belfort can take Weidman down?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #112
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
You're right. Silva is probably the best MMA fighter ever and Weidman is def not on that level. Sure sucks to see such a rare injury happen to him. I'm a newer UFC fan; does anyone think Belfort can take Weidman down?
I've seen only one Belfort fight. He seem to have more speed and power than Weidman. Weidman also is more plotting and could be a disadvantage against Belfort

Edit: Belfort has some awesome kicks so Weidman has another thing to look out for.

Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 01-01-2014 at 05:29 PM..
Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #113
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

I hope they're awesome like Pettis' kicks. Lol. Btw, what are the main events for 169?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #114
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The fact that you relate my desire to NOT SEE WOMEN ATTEMPTING TO MAKE THE OTHER UNCONCIOUS OR SUBMIT DUE TO A CHOKE HOLD OR ARM BAR AT RISK OF A BROKEN APPENDAGE to me being a Chauvinist is certainly a common, gutless, leftist ploy to shame the person who you disagree with. And of course, you failed miserably.

But go ahead and continue to post that their are no inherent differences between Men and Women and you'll continue to be shown for the KOOL-AID swilling, politically correct, lockstep leftist that you are expressing yourself as in this thread.

If you are a man, and you witness women violently fighting each other and it doesn't turn your stomach, there is something INHERENTLY wrong with you. Women ARE NOT the same as MEN as much as the progressive movement would like YOU to believe.
The fact that I think you're a retard for being afraid of women willingly fighting, grappling and punching each other in a cage makes me a leftist, politically correct, type guy?
Again: good to see your ****ty sports takes aren't limited to football
Old 01-01-2014, 07:20 PM   #115
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I hope they're awesome like Pettis' kicks. Lol. Btw, what are the main events for 169?
HUGE Pettis fan.

169 is the Super Bowl card, right? With 2 belt fights. Cruz vs. Barao and Aldo vs. Lamas (more excited for this co-main personally.)
We also get to see Mir get absolutely destroyed by Overeem in that card, too.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #116
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:

Women are certainly not the same as men. There is a significant strength difference, no doubt.

However, there are some similarities: competitive drive, a will to work, the courage to take up a martial art, the ability to learn the art, and the heart to compete.

It's insulting to me as a practitioner that you would prevent these people from fulfilling their dream because it upsets your outdated sexist sensibilities.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #117
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Women are certainly not the same as men. There is a significant strength difference, no doubt.

However, there are some similarities: competitive drive, a will to work, the courage to take up a martial art, the ability to learn the art, and the heart to compete.

It's insulting to me as a practitioner that you would prevent these people from fulfilling their dream because it upsets your outdated sexist sensibilities.
Agreed.
Men and women are most certainly not the same. Muscle mass, bone density, etc. Which I why I am against the transgender fighter Fallon Fox (born male) fighting in women's MMA. BUT the idea that women can't fight each other is just plain stupid. Where else are women not allowed to do things? Play baseball? Volleyball? Lingerie football?! (Communist!!!) Get a hold of yourself
Old 01-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #118
Enter The Dragon
Still Not A Playa

Football Jesus

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T.J. Ward

Quote:
HUGE Pettis fan.

169 is the Super Bowl card, right? With 2 belt fights. Cruz vs. Barao and Aldo vs. Lamas (more excited for this co-main personally.)
We also get to see Mir get absolutely destroyed by Overeem in that card, too.
Yep. Pettis is pretty awesome. That card sounds great. Where you watch at? We tried to do buff wild wings and it was an hour wait. So we got wings and ordered the silva fight . As for the ladies...nothing wrong with a little girl on girl action!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #119
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep. Pettis is pretty awesome. That card sounds great. Where you watch at? We tried to do buff wild wings and it was an hour wait. So we got wings and ordered the silva fight . As for the ladies...nothing wrong with a little girl on girl action!!!
I usually stream fights, especially now that I'm out by myself. BWW is my go to CB&Potts has worked for me in the past. If you go out for fights, you gotta get there when the prelims are happening. Don't show up at 7 or whenever the fights start and expect to get a seat. Get there at least 2 hours early and enjoy 4-5 hours of hanging out at a bar
Old 01-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #120
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

And yeah, I think Belfort wins if it stays standing up. The man can roundhouse kick.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #121
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
And yeah, I think Belfort wins if it stays standing up. The man can roundhouse kick.
Wasn't his last two KO by kick?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #122
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm just amused at the lack of respect Weidman still gets. Let's break this down a bit. Let's say you want to call his first fight with Silva a fluke. What makes it a fluke, that Silva was being a clown and maybe it was a lucky punch. Well I take nothing away from Silva but why don't you take a look at that punch again. People call it a left hook. I don't know what to call it but it was nothing close to a power punch at all. It was a funky punch that didn't have hardly anything on it, yet it knocked Silva out cold. So rather then saying the punch was a fluke, how about talking about Silva having a glass jaw. Now we move to the 2nd fight. Silva was getting dominated before he broke his leg. And he broke his leg how? By a perfect check block by Weidman. Say what you want, I think this Weidman guy is a very well rounded fighter and I can see him giving anybody who steps in the ring with him plenty of trouble. Doesn't mean I guarantee he will win but I'm not foolish enough to think he will automatically lose. The man just beat the best MMA fighter of all time twice in a row. I think he deserves his props.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #123
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I'm just amused at the lack of respect Weidman still gets. Let's break this down a bit. Let's say you want to call his first fight with Silva a fluke. What makes it a fluke, that Silva was being a clown and maybe it was a lucky punch. Well I take nothing away from Silva but why don't you take a look at that punch again. People call it a left hook. I don't know what to call it but it was nothing close to a power punch at all. It was a funky punch that didn't have hardly anything on it, yet it knocked Silva out cold. So rather then saying the punch was a fluke, how about talking about Silva having a glass jaw. Now we move to the 2nd fight. Silva was getting dominated before he broke his leg. And he broke his leg how? By a perfect check block by Weidman. Say what you want, I think this Weidman guy is a very well rounded fighter and I can see him giving anybody who steps in the ring with him plenty of trouble. Doesn't mean I guarantee he will win but I'm not foolish enough to think he will automatically lose. The man just beat the best MMA fighter of all time twice in a row. I think he deserves his props.
Chael Sonnen dominates Silva for 4.5 rounds before getting submitted by a "fluke" triangle. The rematch consists for Chael winning the first round before getting KO'd in spectacular fashion in round 2.

If you want to take one extreme of the argument, I'll take the other. Give the fight 30 more seconds after the (by the way 100% fluke) broken leg, and Silva wins via knee to the chest.

There's no hate by me on Weidman, he's just not that impressive. He reminds me of Chael Sonnen. He can win some random fights, but at the end of the day, he gets embarrassed by Jones and Evans.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #124
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Chael Sonnen dominates Silva for 4.5 rounds before getting submitted by a "fluke" triangle. The rematch consists for Chael winning the first round before getting KO'd in spectacular fashion in round 2.

If you want to take one extreme of the argument, I'll take the other. Give the fight 30 more seconds after the (by the way 100% fluke) broken leg, and Silva wins via knee to the chest.

There's no hate by me on Weidman, he's just not that impressive. He reminds me of Chael Sonnen. He can win some random fights, but at the end of the day, he gets embarrassed by Jones and Evans.
Well I'm not trying to see things through a crystal ball like you. I just call it as it happens in real life. Weidman just beat the best there ever was twice in a row. Nobody knows what would have been or what will be. Not even you or your crystal ball.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #125
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

mmmm he caught him with a nice left once and then a fluke leg break ended the rematch.

Time to crown Werdum and Bigfoot as champs since they beat Fedor. OH you mean they lost to Overeem and Cormier immediately after beating him?! (in real life btw, not my mystical crystal ball)

There's a reason you don't get respect after beating the best ever in a weight class. You have to prove it over at least your next 2 fights. Non-crystal history verifies this.