The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #26
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd rather we roll with Ball and Moreno. Knowshon has been beasting all year and Montee has played well the last month.

Hopefully if either of them goes down one of Hillman or CJ can step up, but I don't feel we particularly need to try and force them into action.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #27
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Just found out my Step Sister has been hanging with Ronnie Hillman and DT pretty much every weekend for the past five months. No joke, she said he took the benching really hard and refuses to ask about. Also said that DT isn't as cool since he got big. She's got so many photos of her, Hillman and random other Broncos hanging in clubs and whatnot. Pretty crazy. I guess he's a "sweetheart" - whatever that means.
Wonder if the Cox incident has played into that.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:45 AM   #28
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
You think either of them are tapping dat ass?
if you have to ask you already know the answer....
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #29
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
Hillman was out when we needed him the most that game. Our season ended with Hester and the 8 carries for 11 yards....a first down could not be had when we needed it the most. Sorry no nostalgia for Hillmans performance that game or any of the crap we've seen this year. Just stay wherever you are Hillman, see you next year (hopefully not).
Dude 3rd and short was our downfall all of last year and it didn't matter who the RB was

If Hillman has seen the light then let him prove it we need the speed on the field
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #30
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Just found out my Step Sister has been hanging with Ronnie Hillman and DT pretty much every weekend for the past five months. No joke, she said he took the benching really hard and refuses to ask about. Also said that DT isn't as cool since he got big. She's got so many photos of her, Hillman and random other Broncos hanging in clubs and whatnot. Pretty crazy. I guess he's a "sweetheart" - whatever that means.
This only tells me that your step sister is boozing at clubs with athletes. Jack Mormon description to the "T".

Mods: This is not family smack because not blood related and Kaylore calls her the black sheep of the family.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Hillman can prove he can hold onto the ball through the offseason and next preseason. We can't count in the guy. If we go up huge against OAK he can see some garbage time totes but the guy is unreliable right now.
RaiderH8r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #32
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You're one bitter mother****er.
Should have won the Ratbird game, hate that team.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Like chef luigi said, if they cant be relied on to protect PFM, then they dont belong in the backfield. Don't want to see PM laying out on the ground because they want to give one of our back ups a look see. PM took some tough hits last week, in the playoffs there will be tough defenses. Maybe if they play Brock 2morrow at some point they can get some field time.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #34
BroncosfanGuy
Make dub not dubstep

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Oh great there's something to look forward to. When does the Hillman experiment end?
hopefully after a long, successful career in Denver.

Tiki Barber had major fumbling issues too. And then he didn't. Fumbling can be fixed.
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
I believe Hillman was the youngest player in the NFL last year and Rahim Moore the year before that. Kids that young need a bit more rope. If Hillman can stop the fumbling **** he has the ability to be very good for us.
If I recall correctly Knowshown was also just a kid when he went pro.

It's a steep learning curve -- has to be. We should be more patient -- when the talent is obviously there.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #36
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I would love to see them rest KM and Ball and see what CJ and Hillman can do this week. By rest I mean reduce their plays. Inactivate one of them and use the other only if we get down or on 3rd downs for blocking. No reason to have KM blow a knee tomorrow.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #37
mennonite
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
It's a steep learning curve -- has to be. We should be more patient -- when the talent is obviously there.
Take the ball and run. Don't drop it. How many years should it take to figure that out?

I'm just glad Moreno finally learned how to tie his shoes.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #38
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

I mean....theres very little chance that any young girl who hangs out with a bunch of nfl football players every weekend isnt getting absolutely pounded by at least one of them. This is hypothetical and im not placing judgement or attacking, im simply calling a spade a spade.

Back to football, the Hilman situation was sort of baffling to me. Ball fumbled about as much as Hilman did and he wasnt really flashing early in the season like Hilman was. But Hilman was sent to the practice squad and Ball was promoted. I have a feeling that when the fumble issues were originally addressed (in the form of some harsh words/coaching) Hilman mouthed off while Ball took it like a man.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #39
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Should have won the Ratbird game, hate that team.
and that's Hillman's fault how?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #40
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Hopefully he also worked on not going down by a fingernail.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #41
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
If I recall correctly Knowshown was also just a kid when he went pro.

Knowshon was a sophomore when he entered NFL draft, correct?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #42
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
Take the ball and run. Don't drop it. How many years should it take to figure that out?

I'm just glad Moreno finally learned how to tie his shoes.
do you seriously think it's that simple?
Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #43
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Back to football, the Hilman situation was sort of baffling to me. Ball fumbled about as much as Hilman did and he wasnt really flashing early in the season like Hilman was. But Hilman was sent to the practice squad and Ball was promoted. I have a feeling that when the fumble issues were originally addressed (in the form of some harsh words/coaching) Hilman mouthed off while Ball took it like a man.
Pass protection could also be a factor. And, perhaps Hillman is also fumbling at practice.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #44
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'd rather we roll with Ball and Moreno. Knowshon has been beasting all year and Montee has played well the last month.

Hopefully if either of them goes down one of Hillman or CJ can step up, but I don't feel we particularly need to try and force them into action.
Exactly.

Hillman's "explosiveness" also seems to be something people like to talk about while no one has ever really seen it. With slightly fewer carries so far (110 vs 128) Ball has broken off just as many 20+ yard runs as Hillman and has managed a 40+ yard run which Hillman hasn't. Hillman sucks in the open field, can't break tackles, has fumbling issues, and is not particularly fast for his size. I don't get why anyone would want him on the field in place of Moreno or Ball at this point.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #45
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
There's nothing baffling about it. Ball is a much better back, and Hillman likely was having ball security issues in practice. Also keep in mind that one was a rookie while the other was simply playing like a rookie in his second season. They aren't going to be held to the same standards. Coaches expect growth and development from second year players, and Hillman disappointed them.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #46
KevinJames
DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Kaylore calls her the black sheep of the family.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #47
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Michael David Smith you just got owned in your comment section. I hope coming off as the village idiot was worth the clicks.

They won't post my comment :-)
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #48
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Ball is the future of this team and has much upside. He has improved a ton from earlier in the season. With Moreno staying upright and Ball having a good rookie season, everyone else is on the outside looking in.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's important IMO that Moreno gets no more then 15 touches in this game. We need him fresh for playoffs. We should be able to handle the Raiders letting Ball and Hillman carry the ball more.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #50
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Ball is the future of this team and has much upside. He has improved a ton from earlier in the season. With Moreno staying upright and Ball having a good rookie season, everyone else is on the outside looking in.
That's true....but Hillman has a place on this team, and we could do a lot worse than him as our #3 RB.