The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #76
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
If Denver is to win it all, they will need to take chances and that means that the coaching staff, the players and namely Peyton Manning need to throw caution into the wind and go for the jugular early and often. THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD! Hold nothing back, and don't wait until it's the 4th quarter to win the damn game.
With Gase on board, I don't see that as a problem.
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #77
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
The straight up truth is, it falls on Manning regardless of our defense. Our defense still has enough players to get a few stops, even with the injuries. What we can't have happen is Peyton gets locked in the underneath game like we've done a few times in losses and what seems to happen when games get tight and pressure packed, i.e. vs. Indy, vs. NE, vs. SD, and namely against Baltimore last year.

PFM needs to go out there like a boss, and throw the damn football down the field just like he did vs. Houston. When he started throwing down the field and attacking the secondary, we got 3 TD's in the final 8 minutes. When we played a ball control, rinky dink short game passing offense, it stagnated us and negated our talent advantage at the WR position vs the DB's and takes the pressure off the defense to actually cover. When we go deep, it also gets the safeties out of the running game which is why Knowshon/Ball had over 6 or 7 yds per carry. Baltimore won the super bowl last year because they attacked down the field. It changed everything and they had player who went and made plays at the WR position. Denver/PFM need to follow suit.

If Denver is to win it all, they will need to take chances and that means that the coaching staff, the players and namely Peyton Manning need to throw caution into the wind and go for the jugular early and often. THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD! Hold nothing back, and don't wait until it's the 4th quarter to win the damn game.
Amen Brotha
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #78
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Yes, we beat the Hawks in New Jersey!

Seattle has a great defense (emphasis on @home)!
Seattle has an average offense!

I really believe, if PM can get this team to the Superbowl, they will reward him!
I believe we were a play (choose one) away from winning it all last year!

If Elway does his job in the offseason....emphasis on Crow and Deck...then we will be right in line again next year too!

Short answer: YES
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #79
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
The straight up truth is, it falls on Manning regardless of our defense. Our defense still has enough players to get a few stops, even with the injuries. What we can't have happen is Peyton gets locked in the underneath game like we've done a few times in losses and what seems to happen when games get tight and pressure packed, i.e. vs. Indy, vs. NE, vs. SD, and namely against Baltimore last year.

PFM needs to go out there like a boss, and throw the damn football down the field just like he did vs. Houston. When he started throwing down the field and attacking the secondary, we got 3 TD's in the final 8 minutes. When we played a ball control, rinky dink short game passing offense, it stagnated us and negated our talent advantage at the WR position vs the DB's and takes the pressure off the defense to actually cover. When we go deep, it also gets the safeties out of the running game which is why Knowshon/Ball had over 6 or 7 yds per carry. Baltimore won the super bowl last year because they attacked down the field. It changed everything and they had player who went and made plays at the WR position. Denver/PFM need to follow suit.

Great post!

I haven't been able to figure out...who does that...Fox/Gase or Manning. We beat the Ravens last year...if we go for the 1st down on 1st and 2nd down of that last time we had the ball in regulation. Instead we...ran, ran, passed, and punted. Ultra conservative. I blame that loss on that decision making...not Moore, or PM throwing the Int in overtime!

They need to get the damn ball to #88. That guy is a beast...if you get him warmed up early and often...and then Deck/JT/Welker are unstoppable with one on one!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #80
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
We win... and we win in convincing fashion.

Like... blow out ****.
This
Quoydogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #81
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Yup. But a big question to me is how much was this style of play a choice, or was it dictated by the defense? Because it seemed to me in some of these circumstances it was the latter, which is a bigger concern than the former.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #82
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's too bad the Mane doesn't have the option to attach polls. That would almost be perfect, for a thread like this.

That said, I am going to weigh in on this now, so that I am on the record. I vote yes. We will win the Super Bowl.

Present, and accounted for!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #83
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I don't know. Hope so, but if we have to play Seattle, I'll be expecting the worst.
Seattle doesn't impress me. Really no team in the league is anything special this year. Which teams go to the Super Bowl and what team wins it both feel like a huge crap shoot to me.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:28 PM   #84
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nope. Especially after losing your best pass rusher and run stopper.

I think it's Seattle's year.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #85
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

I'm always very optimistic when it comes to the Broncos. But as far as winning the SB this year, I have to go with no.

Even when I have the utmost confidence, something stupid happens and we lose the game. Look at last year...the Ravens beat us for ****s sake. Sure, we SHOULD win it this year, but I gotta vote no.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #86
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Where's the bathroom
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #87
nyuk nyuk
Good kid

In the hizzouse

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PFM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
I'm always very optimistic when it comes to the Broncos. But as far as winning the SB this year, I have to go with no.

Even when I have the utmost confidence, something stupid happens and we lose the game. Look at last year...the Ravens beat us for ****s sake. Sure, we SHOULD win it this year, but I gotta vote no.
How should we with all these injuries and inconsistent defense?
nyuk nyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #88
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

100 percent spot on.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Well one thing's for sure....half of us are wrong.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #90
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Nope. Especially after losing your best pass rusher and run stopper.

I think it's Seattle's year.
I lived 6yrs in Seattle. They loved their Hawks and that Home Field Advantage is truly legit. One of the best places in the NFL to see a game. Great atmosphere...thanks to Paul Alan!

But, They're not there yet! I like Cincinnati and New England better than the Hawks. I think they are better teams (although AFC). Seattle will have HF advantage and should do well at home.

I do think that the Hawks will make the dance....but the Broncos will win!

I've been contemplating buying tickets....but, it's expensive!!! We'll see.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #91
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Yep, Manning gets the ring and Bronco Country celebrates!!!
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #92
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seriously, if Manning plays well Denver should straight up bowl over everyone. The offense is just overwhelmingly good. Only way Denver loses is by turnovers or Manning has a crap day.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #93
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
Odds are that they won't.
Right now, I gotta go with this.

Even with a first round bye, and all other things being equal, there's only one chance in eight.

From a probability standpoint, let's say Denver has an 90 percent chance of winning the divisional game, 66 percent chance of winning the conference championship, and a 50/50 shot at winning the super bowl.

The net chance of all of that happening is less than 30 percent.

The given chances of winning any game could go up or down, depending on injuries, weather, off-field incidents, bias by the officials, etc., but all that's just as likely to go either way.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #94
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Seattle doesn't impress me. Really no team in the league is anything special this year. Which teams go to the Super Bowl and what team wins it both feel like a huge crap shoot to me.
Apparently we are watching the same games when seeing them on TV then. Their secondary is imposing and can match up very well with us. They are stout against the run and get a nice rush off the edge as well so our OL would have to bring it's A game.

On offense they have a punishing run game and if Harvin does come back they have the most dynamic offensive player on the field in the game.

Depending upon conditions I think we win 3-4 matchups out of 10 with Sea in Winter on a neutral field. If we win it's on the back of KM/Ball and JT creating serious mis-matchs with their LBs.
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #95
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

seattle wont even make it from nfc...2 teams have great shots at beating them right now Saints, and wait for it........Eagles.

The easgles spread offense right now would cause fits for seattle who is not only not playing well but losing players as fast as us.

Denver over Saints in the bowl!!
bfoflcommish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #96
ram40ut
The MJ of being an SOB

It ain't gonna suck itself

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No, not enough leadership on the defense
Poor special teams play
Lack of urgency from coaching staff, it's a shame too because. Peyton doesn't have much gas in the tank
ram40ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #97
ram40ut
The MJ of being an SOB

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
Seriously, if Manning plays well Denver should straight up bowl over everyone. The offense is just overwhelmingly good. Only way Denver loses is by turnovers or Manning has a crap day.
That's the problem, Peyton gets ripped for being 9-11 in the playoffs, he took 12 Indy teams to the playoffs, 8 of those teams had no business in the playoffs and never would have made it without #18, if Peyton goes off! his team wins! he's lost very few playoff games when he played well. Two games, last year against Baltimore, and in the SB against New Orleans, he played well and lost. It takes a total team effort to win in the playoffs. There are many more average QB's with SB rings, than there are guys with rings that carried their team with super human individual efforts, like Manning does during the regular season.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #98
ram40ut
The MJ of being an SOB

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
100 percent spot on.
The only problem with that is the officials swallow their whistles in the playoffs and let the defenders molest the WR's and it's not possible to go vertical. It's the playoffs, the teams are better, the secondary's don't allow receivers easy releases. The reason he's gone underneath is because the run game was not working, and the dink and dunk offense is the de facto running game.

If he does all of the things you mentioned, and it doesn't work, you'll screaming, for not throwing screens, underneath crossing routes, eats, we just need to pray that it's not windy or raining. If the weather is crap, you better be able to run the ball, because he not going downfield if the weather is like it was at NE earlier this year. The reason I think Denver will make it to the SB, is because it's being played outside, that's how it works for Peyton, his first Super Bowl, was the first to have heavy rain. Not only was it heavy, it NEVER stopped. It started raining the day before and didn't stop until e next morning. His second was against a buzz saw, that just happened to be against his home town team that his father played for, and this year it's outside in NewYork in January. Goodell should be fired for this decision alone.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #99
gadlaw
Fan since Red Miller Days

John Fox won a playoff game with Tim Tebow and a ball of string. Now he has the best quarterback who isn't John Elway and half a ball of string. Every other team is walking wounded and every other team has been exposed same as the Broncos. Put it on 18 for the win and let's spin this wheel.
gadlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #100
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

Excellent post

I was thinking doing dink and dunk to keep our D off the field. Your correct we have to throw deep open up the box. I hope Fox and Co don't play too conservative this year.

PFM has to play loose have fun and carry us to a ring. This is something I don't think PFM can do. I think Manning plays tighter and tries too hard to be perfect in playoffs.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-27-2013 at 08:38 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote