The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #51
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Haha, love the responses! Thanks all for replying and sorry Taco if I placed this in the main Broncos forum.

I just became single (broke up with a girl who decided to move from NYC back to her native Florida).

I can stand traffic be it I live in NJ and main reason I want to move is just want a change of scenery.

I work in web (do HTML, video editing). I haven't looked for a job in several years (been at the same gig for five years now).

I can tolerate the rain of Seattle if I decided that would be my option.

I like the outdoors and just picked up hiking as an activity I like to do.

I can tolerate the cold and even the rain, so that wouldn't be a factor and the winds (especially Chicago).

BTW Tombstone, I'm originally from Alabama. So the jokes can continue haha.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #52
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I grew up in Aurora (Aurora Central High School...fun) and now live in Highlands Ranch. Talk about easy mode, I'm white and I can't get used to all the white people still.
Last year I went into the Whole Foods on University and Arapaho and only saw 1 minority the entire time I was there, and they were mopping the floor.

Weird...
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #53
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Zona, what you posted kind of scares me about Seattle and potential for a mega earthquake.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #54
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

No Vacancy
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #55
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I just saw someone post this on Denver

http://thedeliciousday.com/traveling...united-states/
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #56
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Denver is great, but I'd avoid the suburbs. Seriously, who aims to move to the Suburbs? Denver proper is a great friggin' town with awesome food, drink, and nightlife. And I'm not sure you're going to meet a proper girl out in the burbs. JMO.

Seattle is a great city, one of my favorite places to visit, and I'd like to move there someday. The weather isn't for everyone though.

Chicago, I have no use for. Just not my kind of place. WAY too cold in the winter.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #57
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Denver is great, but I'd avoid the suburbs. Seriously, who aims to move to the Suburbs? Denver proper is a great friggin' town with awesome food, drink, and nightlife. And I'm not sure you're going to meet a proper girl out in the burbs. JMO.

Seattle is a great city, one of my favorite places to visit, and I'd like to move there someday. The weather isn't for everyone though.

Chicago, I have no use for. Just not my kind of place. WAY too cold in the winter.
Yeah I agree. It would be easier to find a girl in the city then move to the burbs to raise a family albeit I wouldn't mind raising a kid in the city!

Yeah, I can tolerate the rain albeit they had a massive drought this summer.

Its a toss up between the three cities.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #58
Punisher
The Horsemen Are coming

For You WOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Denver is a great place to live and you can go to home games but and this is the truth San diego is a palce to settle in because of the weather.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #59
Powderaddict
Koolaid Homer

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post

I think Deborah Watts in the comment section is our very own Chef Luigi.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #60
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

at colorado having serious gang issues!!!

The gangsters here do not even know what gangsters are. I have lived here my entire life and ive run into more trouble with military peeps who just got home and want to fight then i have gangsters. I suppose you could take the 1 incident with darrent williams and assume things are exponentially worse but, well, thats just dumb.

Seattle sucks- pretty place. But that rain and cold drizzle blows ass man. I also find the women there are a bit off. I could never live in seattle. Great city, lots to do, but the damn rain is terrible. Lucky for you OP you seem to be able to deal with it.

I can tell you one thing about me. I love colorado and am never moving away from this sexy MFr of a state! There is only two things it does not have that I love. The smell of the ocean and a beach. But that makes it all the easier to come up with excuses to go to the caribbean and hawaii.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #61
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50 View Post
Yeah I agree. It would be easier to find a girl in the city then move to the burbs to raise a family albeit I wouldn't mind raising a kid in the city!

Yeah, I can tolerate the rain albeit they had a massive drought this summer.

Its a toss up between the three cities.
I have lived in all 4 times zones, i would have to say denver is the best place i lived. I live in OC right now but miss the seasons in Denver. The weather is perfect in Denver because you get everything, and not for too long. You dont get the long winter of the midwest or northeast, and you dont get the brutal summer of the southwest/desert areas. As soon as you get sick of the cold, it gets warm, and as soon as you get sick of the heat, it gets cold.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #62
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderaddict View Post
I think Deborah Watts in the comment section is our very own Chef Luigi.
PREJUDICE........ 311....... D.V.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #63
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
I have lived in all 4 times zones, i would have to say denver is the best place i lived. I live in OC right now but miss the seasons in Denver. The weather is perfect in Denver because you get everything, and not for too long. You dont get the long winter of the midwest or northeast, and you dont get the brutal summer of the southwest/desert areas. As soon as you get sick of the cold, it gets warm, and as soon as you get sick of the heat, it gets cold.
I am sick of the cold. Does that mean it will be warm soon? Because Kathy Skankbin is on 9news saying its going to be nipply.... nippy tomorrow. What am I saying, nipple.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #64
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Haha, love the responses! Thanks all for replying and sorry Taco if I placed this in the main Broncos forum.

I just became single (broke up with a girl who decided to move from NYC back to her native Florida).

I can stand traffic be it I live in NJ and main reason I want to move is just want a change of scenery.

I work in web (do HTML, video editing). I haven't looked for a job in several years (been at the same gig for five years now).

I can tolerate the rain of Seattle if I decided that would be my option.

I like the outdoors and just picked up hiking as an activity I like to do.

I can tolerate the cold and even the rain, so that wouldn't be a factor and the winds (especially Chicago).

BTW Tombstone, I'm originally from Alabama. So the jokes can continue haha.
Actually, if people are moving to the West from somewhere, I'd prefer they move either from another Western state like Utah or from the South. I don't care what the high and mighty East coast or Calitards claim about how edumacated they are, I'd take a friend from the southern states any day of the week because they have something the other edumacated morons lack, common sense!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #65
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Ya, but you're currently in an area where women outnumber men, and hot ones outnumber the ugly ones. Cannot go wrong with HB/Newport.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #66
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I am sick of the cold. Does that mean it will be warm soon? Because Kathy Skankbin is on 9news saying its going to be nipply.... nippy tomorrow. What am I saying, nipple.

I watched that movie last night.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #67
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

at gang violence being an issue in Denver. Maybe if you are in a gang. OP, whats your set? I walked colfax after 2 a.m. on the reg and never felt in danger.

Agree with Tombstone on the southern folks, prefer them over the east coast tards and don't get me started with the backwash.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #68
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:

One of the first three states in the US to allow women to vote

they still have to make the sandwiches
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #69
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
One of the first three states in the US to allow women to vote

they still have to make the sandwiches
b****, I told you to shut up and go make me a turkey pot pie.

Out of curiosity OP, what is it that you want from where you are planning on moving? What do you like about where you live now and what don't you like? I'd imagine it might be good to look at demographic info on each city and I am sure there are many sites with cost of living and all that info and year round weather stats as well as the pros and cons of various cities.

I've lived in Seattle and I liked it, but then again I liked England and they have somewhat similar weather patterns though England gets far more rain. With Seattle I found it a wonderful place for outdoors activities and I liked playing in the downtown. There are some great places to live, but it's not cheap. Of the options you've listed I think Denver is actually the least expensive of the 3 options. The issue with Seattle to me isn't so much the rain as it is the lack of sunshine. I've lived in wetter climates then Seattle (England for one) but what always got me was the lack of sun. Colorado for all it's cold ass days (and it does have a few of them and snow on Halloween sometimes as well as freak days in July) does have a lot of sun and open skies. I miss the open skyline of the west. I live in VA now and while I love the autumn leaves and the beautiful lakes and trees, I miss the big open skies (I grew up in Arizona and California mostly so I am keen on warmer weather). If I get back west I want to move to Denver. I have a house in Colorado Springs I hope to sell next year because I don't want to go back there. The Springs is ultra religious and conservative, pretty and cheaper then Denver, but not as much fun as Denver. I love LoDo in particular but I'd probably live in certain areas like Lakewood (the nicer parts) or even Littleton. Highlands Ranch is nice, but honestly if always seems like the Stepford Wives were all cloned there. Downtown is my favorite part of Denver and of course the stadium. I love the mountains there and the plentiful out door activities available. Seattle has a lot of this too, but if I was going that direction I might pick Portland as it is more laid back and appeals to my liberal sensibilities and seemed like it was cheaper to live and Seattle is only 4 hours away by car anyway. Chicago I know nothing about but I figure I'd probably hate the lake effect snow and being that close to Jay Cutler again. (heh, I kid, maybe). Anyway good luck.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #70
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
b****, I told you to shut up and go make me a turkey pot pie.

Out of curiosity OP, what is it that you want from where you are planning on moving? What do you like about where you live now and what don't you like? I'd imagine it might be good to look at demographic info on each city and I am sure there are many sites with cost of living and all that info and year round weather stats as well as the pros and cons of various cities.

I've lived in Seattle and I liked it, but then again I liked England and they have somewhat similar weather patterns though England gets far more rain. With Seattle I found it a wonderful place for outdoors activities and I liked playing in the downtown. There are some great places to live, but it's not cheap. Of the options you've listed I think Denver is actually the least expensive of the 3 options. The issue with Seattle to me isn't so much the rain as it is the lack of sunshine. I've lived in wetter climates then Seattle (England for one) but what always got me was the lack of sun. Colorado for all it's cold ass days (and it does have a few of them and snow on Halloween sometimes as well as freak days in July) does have a lot of sun and open skies. I miss the open skyline of the west. I live in VA now and while I love the autumn leaves and the beautiful lakes and trees, I miss the big open skies (I grew up in Arizona and California mostly so I am keen on warmer weather). If I get back west I want to move to Denver. I have a house in Colorado Springs I hope to sell next year because I don't want to go back there. The Springs is ultra religious and conservative, pretty and cheaper then Denver, but not as much fun as Denver. I love LoDo in particular but I'd probably live in certain areas like Lakewood (the nicer parts) or even Littleton. Highlands Ranch is nice, but honestly if always seems like the Stepford Wives were all cloned there. Downtown is my favorite part of Denver and of course the stadium. I love the mountains there and the plentiful out door activities available. Seattle has a lot of this too, but if I was going that direction I might pick Portland as it is more laid back and appeals to my liberal sensibilities and seemed like it was cheaper to live and Seattle is only 4 hours away by car anyway. Chicago I know nothing about but I figure I'd probably hate the lake effect snow and being that close to Jay Cutler again. (heh, I kid, maybe). Anyway good luck.
This.

I didnt think weather really affected me until i spent 4 years in Oregon. Its not so much the amount of rain, its that the entire winter is grey. if you're affected by weather even a little, i'd think twice about moving there.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #71
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

I live in the city and county of denver and wished I still lived in Littleton where I grew up. If you speak Spanish or are a coffee shop and dog park liberal the city is great but certainly not for me, luckily the housing market is booming and hopefully I sell before the bust.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #72
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
I live in the city and county of denver and wished I still lived in Littleton where I grew up. If you speak Spanish or are a coffee shop and dog park liberal the city is great but certainly not for me, luckily the housing market is booming and hopefully I sell before the bust.
Enjoy your white neighbors and cookie cutter houses...
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #73
AZOrange 1
missing home

The Old Days

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Called Denver and Colorado my home for over 40 years until health forced me to sea level in Phoenix. My daughter still has a guide and outfitter business in Montrose. Best damn state there is and I miss being there horribly. I traveled and worked in 1/2 the states in the U.S. and although they all have good and bad, it's pretty damn hard to beat Colorado. Denver is not what it used to be years ago when the traffic was light, but still a beautiful place that's cheaper than most places you go, especially the east coast and pacific northwest. As with most people, work will dictate where you call home, but given the choice, I would be back in Montrose, Grand Junction or the Springs in that order.
AZOrange 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #74
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Also Denver has the best green chili in the world, so there's that.

crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #75
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Zona, what you posted kind of scares me about Seattle and potential for a mega earthquake.
Well the science says that it will indeed happen. Could be in 10 years it could be in 100 years. Who knows. But these mega thrust quakes are brutal. The one in Chile 3 years ago actually sped up the earths rotation and shifted it on it's axis slightly. And that fault is only roughly half the size as the one in the pacific NW.

I would still go there and visit and if I ever decided to live there, I would just be well informed of how to prepare for it, well at least the best you can anyway.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote