The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2013, 10:39 AM   #26
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
Truth. If you want suburbs, move to Houston, where it is one large suburban orgy at about half the cost and twice the salary.

Denver has some great neighborhoods that have that city neighborhood feel, yet are safe, have great dinning, walkable and your food choices aren't limited to TGI Friday's and Chili's.

Great city to live in if you have to live in an urban area.
HOUSTON? ****ING HOUSTON? is this Rock Chalk

half the cost and twice the salary. you get what you pay for
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #27
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I only quickly scanned the responses. But before we devote real analytical discussion I need two things answered.

1.) Are you chasing some poon that could very well be growing your child inside of her? If you think you can say yes, but also have doubts, then say that. It is very important to consider.

2.) If you were to shack up with a chick here in Denver (lets pretend it is a girl you followed), what do you do when a dude roommate is added to the equation and he ends up putting his peepee in her weewee. Do you let him kick your ass in your own home?

I am very excited to assist you in this decision making process, but my input will be mostly superficial until I know the answers to these two simple questions.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #28
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50 View Post

I just wanted to know for a single 34-year old guy who wouldn't want to live in the city but in the suburbs (want to settle down eventually and have a family), how is the job market out there in general and cost of living?

I venture it's not cheap but its not as expensive as New Jersey.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

To answer your main question, the suburbs of Denver are all very nice. Littleton isn't exactly my favorite area, but there are parts of it that are decent.

Personally, I like the areas of Westminster, Broomfield, Arvada, and Thornton more for "suburbs". Highlands Ranch is much further south than Littleton, but it is ideal for "suburbs". You may also want to consider Parker.

I would stay away from Aurora if you can, but again there are some decent areas in that city as well.

The job market here in Denver is alive and well. Depending on what kind of work you are looking for, I may even be able to help direct you to some companies that are hiring.

Cost of living is probably middle of the road compared to other cities. Denver's housing market and rental market has exploded this past year again, and it's only growing. Colorado has been one of the states to rebound most quickly from the housing crisis and economy issues.

If you have any more questions feel free to shoot me a private message so that you can avoid most of these yahoo's responding here. I'll give you straight answers.

I've lived in CO my entire life and I couldn't imagine being happier anywhere else. I've been to all the big cities in the country pretty much, and there's really nowhere like Denver!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallblows View Post
Dry air is a negative?
No, not necessarily. A blessing on hot days, to be sure. My point was that it's an adjustment for people coming from more humid climates. Dry skin, dry nasal passages, etc. If you've ever had to make the adjustment believe me you'd understand. Overall I prefer the dry climate, but it does have downsides.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
No, not necessarily. A blessing on hot days, to be sure. My point was that it's an adjustment for people coming from more humid climates. Dry skin, dry nasal passages, etc. If you've ever had to make the adjustment believe me you'd understand. Overall I prefer the dry climate, but it does have downsides.
It's really easy to combat, just buy a humidifier for when you sleep. Does wonders.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #31
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro_50 View Post
Hello fellow Orangemaners!

Its Ro_50. Its been a long, long time since I've posted on here but I do come here often and check out the posts.

I had a question that was not sports related.

I'm contemplating moving away from New Jersey (been here 7 years) and want to make one final move before settling down in a new city.

I like NJ but I want a change and go somewhere fresh and make a new start for myself.

I'm looking to move by 2015 and the cities I've considered have been Chicago (a city which I love and been there nearly 15 times), Seattle and Denver.

I'm posting this because I've never been to Denver and don't know much about the area (other than what I've read about). I have friends who live near Littleton and thinking about visiting next year sometime to get a feel for the city.

I just wanted to know for a single 34-year old guy who wouldn't want to live in the city but in the suburbs (want to settle down eventually and have a family), how is the job market out there in general and cost of living?

I venture it's not cheap but its not as expensive as New Jersey.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
just what the west needs, another moron from the east coast. Hey, bring your stupid gun laws with you because, yah know, you're leaving a place you love soooo damn much because it sucks so of course you want to bring your idiocy with you out west right?

just remember why you are leaving the east coast and don't bring your baggage with you.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #32
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Yeah, what the idiot said
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #33
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Used to live in Denver for years, but it is not the same place it used to be, not even close. It has become a lot more like California with its politics and such which is the worst part of California beside traffic, high costs, over population and gang issues (Which Colorado now has its own serious issues with)

Seattle as mentioned has the wet weather issues and a drug culture like no other except for maybe Alaska. Chicago is like to parts of Jersey but colder in the winter and a real big city.

Why is it that you want to leave Jersey excluding being associated with Jersey shore?
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #34
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yeah, what the idiot said

sorry for the rant...
Old 12-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #35
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post
Used to live in Denver for years, but it is not the same place it used to be, not even close. It has become a lot more like California with its politics and such which is the worst part of California beside traffic, high costs, over population and gang issues (Which Colorado now has its own serious issues with)

Seattle as mentioned has the wet weather issues and a drug culture like no other except for maybe Alaska. Chicago is like to parts of Jersey but colder in the winter and a real big city.

Why is it that you want to leave Jersey excluding being associated with Jersey shore?
You are basically saying the entire state of Colorado is like this. You are wrong. The city of Denver does have some issues with gang related activity lately. Honestly, I wouldn't consider it to be any worse that it's been for the past 10 years right now and I live in one of the neighborhoods that is considered to have a higher crime rate than the rest of the city (5 Points/Curtis Park).

I live there because it is quickly becoming the new Highlands, and the RINO (River North) district is simply exploding with incredible galleries, restaurants, and breweries. (TIP to anyone considering moving to the city of Denver - get a place near RINO now before it gets any bigger!)

Other cities, like the suburbs I mentioned earlier, do not have these problems. It is mostly centralized in the city of Denver.

To the OP - you may also want to consider Fort Collins. Personally, that is my favorite city/area in all of Colorado (grew up there). It is 60 miles north of Denver, a 1 hour drive without traffic. Look into it, you won't regret it.

Last edited by crush17; 12-04-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Old 12-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBF1 View Post

it's really a sad place to live now IMHO and it's things like traffic and rocketing real estate prices that have really made a great place to live and stressful place to live.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #37
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
it's really a sad place to live now IMHO and it's things like traffic and rocketing real estate prices that have really made a great place to live and stressful place to live.
What part of Denver do you live in, Tombstone??

ohhh, you don't.

I love how all these people claim to know what they are talking about when they don't even live in the city or state at all.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #38
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
You are basically saying the entire state of Colorado is like this. You are wrong. The city of Denver does have some issues with gang related activity lately. Honestly, I wouldn't consider it to be any worse that it's been for the past 10 years right now.

Other cities, like the suburbs I mentioned earlier, do not have these problems. It is mostly centralized in the city of Denver.

To the OP - you may also want to consider Fort Collins. Personally, that is my favorite city/area in all of Colorado (grew up there). It is 60 miles north of Denver, a 1 hour drive without traffic. Look into it, you won't regret it.
I never said the entire state is like that, Gang issues are mostly but not isolated to Denver and Aurora areas. But do not kid yourself for a moment that those are the only areas that have gang related issues. I have no idea of your age or how long you have lived in Colorado/ Denver but let me tell you it is not the same city that it used to be.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #39
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

I am 34 and I've lived in Colorado my entire life, and in Denver for over 10 years.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #40
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I grew up in Aurora (Aurora Central High School...fun) and now live in Highlands Ranch. Talk about easy mode, I'm white and I can't get used to all the white people still.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #41
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You are basically saying the entire state of Colorado is like this. You are wrong. The city of Denver does have some issues with gang related activity lately. Honestly, I wouldn't consider it to be any worse that it's been for the past 10 years right now.

First of all, the bulk of the issues right now are in northern Aurora. There is no part of central Denver that I'm not comfortable in. My wife and I have lived in the city for the last 7 years. Outside of the occasional annoying homeless person, we haven't had a single moment of feeling unsafe. Not a single one.

Hell we're currently building a home in five points. It's an unbelievably safe city.

Quote:
Ft. Collins is definitely awesome. If you're looking for that lifestyle, that's a fantastic place to be.

We just don't need another Suburbanite putting yet another car on the road in Denver. We're a better city than that. There are PLENTY of happy families being raised in the city.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #42
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Seattle is extremely beautiful but if you do go there, be forewarned that a mega quake is coming to that area and very soon. The city is already going through the planning of this. The Northwest (Seattle, Portland, Vancouver) doesn't shake nearly as often as Cali does but when it does shake, they say it's 60 times more powerful then the quake that leveled San Francisco. It's called a "megaquake". There's a ton of stuff on the web about this event. A high chance it's going to be a 9.0 monster that will shake for 4 to 5 minutes. Odds are 1 in 3 it happens it the next 50 years.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...coveryxml.html

http://www.livescience.com/6513-odds...-50-years.html

Last edited by ZONA; 12-04-2013 at 11:48 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #43
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
What part of Denver do you live in, Tombstone??

ohhh, you don't.

I love how all these people claim to know what they are talking about when they don't even live in the city or state at all.
I grew up in Colorado and know plenty about it. I spent a lot of time in Denver and Ft. Collins and Colorado Springs so please shut up. Thanks!

oh, and Vail and Copper Mountain, and Mary Jane, and... oh never mind...
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #44
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Dry air is a negative? Come back to me when it's 100 degrees in July or -5 in January and tell me how you wish there was more moisture in the air People are crazy.
It is when it's so dry your nose starts to bleed.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #45
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Seattle is extremely beautiful but if you do go there, be forewarned that a mega quake is coming to that area and very soon. The city is already going through the planning of this. The Northwest (Seattle, Portland, Vancouver) doesn't shake nearly as often as Cali does but when it does shake, they say it's 60 times more powerful then the quake that leveled San Francisco. It's called a "megaquake". There's a ton of stuff on the web about this event. A high chance it's going to be a 9.0 monster that will shake for 4 to 5 minutes. Odds are 1 in 3 it happens it the next 50 years.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...coveryxml.html

http://www.livescience.com/6513-odds...-50-years.html
Umm, alright.

Anyway, if you want to move to the pacific northwest, you better like grey skies and rain.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #46
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

If you like owning a gun, smoking dope and the Broncos, then why wouldn't you move to Denver?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #47
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Umm, alright.

Anyway, if you want to move to the pacific northwest, you better like grey skies and rain.
Hahaha, I suppose that's what they said in Chile. People never believe the science.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #48
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
It's really easy to combat, just buy a humidifier for when you sleep. Does wonders.
Well, not quite that simple. You can't take a humidifier everywhere you go! You've clearly never had to make the adjustment. Not a big deal, and I don't want to derail a thread on such a minor point, but it would be noticable to someone who grew up and lived their whole life in a more humid climate. On the positive side, Denver hot and Denver cold are both more comfortable than the same temperatures out here.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #49
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I didn't know how passionate posters are about their city.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #50
DHallblows
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
It is when it's so dry your nose starts to bleed.
Does that actually happen to people? I personally have never had that issue. Maybe at times I could go for some Chapstick, but that's about it...
DHallblows is offline   Reply With Quote