The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default Met The Duke last night.

Had a Date/Christmas party with someone that works for an Elway dealership. He showed up. I ran over there like a teenage girl seeing Justin Bieber and I guess just stared at him. Finally got the courage to walk up to him, shook his hand, told him he's my hero and thank you for saving us from McDaniels and turning us into contenders. He laughed. Said thanks for the kind words. Then we got a picture together. Yeah, it was pretty much the greatest night of my life. I mean, other than my boys being born. So I'm gonna update my avatar now.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

That's great. I've heard so many negative stories about John Elway meeting his fans it's nice to hear good ones.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's great. I've heard so many negative stories about John Elway meeting his fans it's nice to hear good ones.
He is cheap that is for sure.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

very happy for you great experience, did you wash your hand yet?
the great JFE stayed at my resort on a few occasions, he was a greaqt regular guy, easy going and friendly with everyone he encountered.
he is used to peolple buying him drinks, dont understand the cheap part, he was a solid 20 % tipper during his stay with us.
definaltly not an arrogant 'LOOK AT ME EVBERYBODY' KIND OF JERK THAT CHAMP BAILY WAS WHEN HE ALSO STAYED WITH US.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
HE IS ONLY UGLY TO EVIL OVERLORDS FROM DISTANT PLANETS THAT HAVE A FETISH FOR FINE CORYTHIAN LEATHER.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Well, I can't think of anyone who has meant more to a franchise or city than he has for the Broncos and the City of Denver. He's always gonna be my hero.

I guess had I approached him when he wasn't in his meet and greet the employees setting he might not have been so kind. It was an awesome experience for me.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

you guys make out or what
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
the great JFE stayed at my resort on a few occasions, he was a greaqt regular guy, easy going and friendly with everyone he encountered.
he is used to peolple buying him drinks, dont understand the cheap part, he was a solid 20 % tipper during his stay with us.
definaltly not an arrogant 'LOOK AT ME EVBERYBODY' KIND OF JERK THAT CHAMP BAILY WAS WHEN HE ALSO STAYED WITH US.
What was your experience with Champ? He's always put off the hardworking quiet leader vibe, and I haven't heard many negative things about him personally. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious to hear more about what you saw from him.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Now I'm understanding your stance on Champ a little bit better -- it does seem like a personal bias and not necessarily an objective football take.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm jealous.... I would cherish that memory always!
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Eli View Post
What was your experience with Champ? He's always put off the hardworking quiet leader vibe, and I haven't heard many negative things about him personally. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious to hear more about what you saw from him.
Pat Bowlen was the first "bronco" to come to my former resort, ROYAL PALMS. when Champ signed with the broncos he came to our resort, probably suggested/ purchased by Bowlen himself.
when Champ showed up he INSISTED,
"I want the same room pat slept in, I want the same table bowlen ate ate, i want to be treated just like pat."
He was already booked in the presidential suite, the same suite that not only pat, but then president Bush stayed in TWICE !
Champ complained about the room, size, TV, bed,( I was told he acted like a total ass during check-in!)
So the front desk called the restaurant and said "make sure champ sits at the same table Bowlen ate at'
well, bowlen, was an easy going laid back guest and he sat at a simple table for two next to the patio door, nothing special.
But based on what happened with the room, we did not deviate from his demands, 'same table as Bowlen"
Champ showed up for dinner, honest to god wearing more jewelry than CLEOPATRA !
he looked like a bad waylans brother comedy spoof on Mr. T.
It was ludicrous!
when our 17 year old sweet little girl hostess showed him to the table he went off !
he was loud obnoxious and VULGAR and had the poor girl in tears.
I went up to champ and said,
Mr, baily, I know who you are, I am a huge bronco fan, I was also here when Mr. Bowlen stayed with us and this is exactly the same table he sat at when he had both dinner and breakfast with us the following morning, we were instructed to give you the same table and this is where pat Bowlen sat'
his response, 'farck that shyt I aint sittin at this crappy ass table"
We got him a table in a private room where he ate with his female companion all by himself, away from all our other guests, much to all their appreciation.
This is the champ I first met, and perhaps why I have always viewed him through a different lens.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
Salvaggio
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Pat Bowlen was the first "bronco" to come to my former resort, ROYAL PALMS. when Champ signed with the broncos he came to our resort, probably suggested/ purchased by Bowlen himself.
"I want the same room pat slept in, I want the same table bowlen ate ate, i want to be treated just like pat."
He was already booked in the presidential suite, the same suite that not only pat, but then president Bush stayed in TWICE !
Champ complained about the room, size, TV, bed,( I was told he acted like a total ass during check-in!)
So the front desk called the restaurant and said "make sure champ sits at the same table Bowlen ate at'
well, bowlen, was an easy going laid back guest and he sat at a simple table for two next to the patio door, nothing special.
But based on what happened with the room, we did not deviate from his demands, 'same table as Bowlen"
It was ludicrous!
when our 17 year old sweet little girl hostess showed him to the table he went off !
Mr, baily, I know who you are, I am a huge bronco fan, I was also here when Mr. Bowlen stayed with us and this is exactly the same table he sat at when he had both dinner and breakfast with us the following morning, we were instructed to give you the same table and this is where pat Bowlen sat'
We got him a table in a private room where he ate with his female companion all by himself, away from all our other guests, much to all their appreciation.
This is the champ I first met, and perhaps why I have always viewed him through a different lens.
Only on the Orangemane could I read some **** like this
Salvaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Now I'm understanding your stance on Champ a little bit better -- it does seem like a personal bias and not necessarily an objective football take.
to the contrary. because I was not star struck with champ it was easier for me to see him staring at himself on the jumbo tron while he was caught from behind. it was easier for me to accept that he bit on a shoulder shrug, like a high school CB from big ben and got burned in the end-zone for a steelers TD. it was easier for me to see champ get fooled on a double move and just fall down rather than trail the receiver. or jump a route comiong off his assignment only to have his assignment get the reception and then look back at the safety as if it was his fault.
My perspective has been the more OBJECTIVE because i am not blinded by the 'personna that everyone wants champ baily to be"
I see for him what he is, not what fans want him to be, the bad as well as the good. and countless times I have enumerated the GOOD !
Old 12-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvaggio View Post
Only on the Orangemane could I read some **** like this
actually I posted the same account at the freak, but at that time I still worked at the ROYAL PALMS and could not reveal the location.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Had a Date/Christmas party with someone that works for an Elway dealership. He showed up. I ran over there like a teenage girl seeing Justin Bieber and I guess just stared at him. Finally got the courage to walk up to him, shook his hand, told him he's my hero and thank you for saving us from McDaniels and turning us into contenders. He laughed. Said thanks for the kind words. Then we got a picture together. Yeah, it was pretty much the greatest night of my life. I mean, other than my boys being born. So I'm gonna update my avatar now.
You stole my line.

Rep.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Im jelous. Would wet my pants.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #17
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
what you said was great! I would only have added not giving in to the TT hype and having the courage to move beyond it !
Old 12-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Well, I can't think of anyone who has meant more to a franchise or city than he has for the Broncos and the City of Denver. He's always gonna be my hero.

I guess had I approached him when he wasn't in his meet and greet the employees setting he might not have been so kind. It was an awesome experience for me.
labron james?
nevermind.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Beat the Chefs! Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
The guy I get my Bronco tix from said he saw John at some conference, didn't get to meet him but was driving home and stopped to get gas and saw him pumping gas a couple pumps over. He went and talked to him for a few minutes and ran back and got something for him to sign and he said he was cool about it though he was looking around trying to avoid a crowd.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #20
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post

You just figured that out.

One game and he wants him gone. Its just stupid period.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
It was ludicrous!
Seems legit.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #22
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
you guys make out or what
Did you get his digits?
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
to the contrary. because I was not star struck with champ it was easier for me to see him staring at himself on the jumbo tron while he was caught from behind. it was easier for me to accept that he bit on a shoulder shrug, like a high school CB from big ben and got burned in the end-zone for a steelers TD. it was easier for me to see champ get fooled on a double move and just fall down rather than trail the receiver. or jump a route comiong off his assignment only to have his assignment get the reception and then look back at the safety as if it was his fault.
My perspective has been the more OBJECTIVE because i am not blinded by the 'personna that everyone wants champ baily to be"
I see for him what he is, not what fans want him to be, the bad as well as the good. and countless times I have enumerated the GOOD !
good post. Its funny how were labeled and trolled for our opinions. Some people are so ugly when you offer a opinion contrary to theirs. I appreciate people with a different perspective. people want to use profootball focus a evidence that champ is still great. but anyone that pays attention knows it only tells PART of the story
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #24
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
You just figured that out.

One game and he wants him gone. Its just stupid period.
I don't want him gone he's serviceable when healthy. It gets annoying reading the "he walks on water" crowd
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #25
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Seems legit.
Yep, definitely happened exactly like that.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote