The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #101
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer
 
i4jelway7's Avatar
 
Thread Killer

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,192

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennonite View Post
I bet he told you that personally, right?
nope, no connections or care for the skins, but feel free to believe whatever you want


Last edited by i4jelway7; 12-06-2013 at 06:48 AM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #102
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

As speculation mounts about Mike Shanahan's future in Washington, details have emerged about the coach's dissatisfaction with the relationship between owner Dan Snyder and quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Disillusioned with the way Snyder was running the organization, Shanahan cleaned out his office in advance of January's wild-card playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks and expected to leave the team whenever the season ended, according to a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The source said Shanahan had grown tired of the way Snyder empowered Griffin and openly esteemed him above all other players. Shanahan didn't blame Griffin but did blame Snyder for creating an atmosphere that Shanahan did not believe was conducive to winning. Shanahan privately told people close to him that he felt Snyder's behavior with regard to Griffin was a "complete farce."


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ns-2012-season
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #103
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs
 
Br0nc0Buster's Avatar
 
Oh........yea

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,641
Default

wow its about to get ugly in DC

Snyder just has no clue what he is doing
NFC version of Al Davis
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #104
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
As speculation mounts about Mike Shanahan's future in Washington, details have emerged about the coach's dissatisfaction with the relationship between owner Dan Snyder and quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Disillusioned with the way Snyder was running the organization, Shanahan cleaned out his office in advance of January's wild-card playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks and expected to leave the team whenever the season ended, according to a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The source said Shanahan had grown tired of the way Snyder empowered Griffin and openly esteemed him above all other players. Shanahan didn't blame Griffin but did blame Snyder for creating an atmosphere that Shanahan did not believe was conducive to winning. Shanahan privately told people close to him that he felt Snyder's behavior with regard to Griffin was a "complete farce."


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ns-2012-season
Espn being espn. He would have left in the offseason if that was the case.

Their act gets so old. It's no secret that shanahan and griffin don't have the best relationship, but the shanahan cleaning his office and then coming back is so absurd. Do they really think people have no brain?
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #105
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Wow.

Shanahan needs to leave that place. What's up with all these huge market teams having ****ty owners?

Thank God for Bowlen and Elway.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #106
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Espn being espn. He would have left in the offseason if that was the case.

Their act gets so old. It's no secret that shanahan and griffin don't have the best relationship, but the shanahan cleaning his office and then coming back is so absurd. Do they really think people have no brain?
I can see it both ways. Shanahan is still under contract and you already know how badly the media can ruin someone's rep which could affect him for his next job.

These stories that are coming out really only benefit Shanahan and are bad for Redskins image.

It really makes sense that Shanahan was forced to play RG3... I mean these NFL coaches can't be that stupid. RG3 hadn't taken a snap all offseason and training camp and then just start him in the 1st game of the season?

So all that work you did in the off season and training camp/pre season with Cousins just goes to waste essentially? Thats not fair to the rest of the team.

The Redskins season was over the moment they decided to play RG3 Week 1.

I would like to believe Shanny's ego isn't THAT big to play RG3 at his own will.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #107
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Redskins are an absolute joke though. Releasing this news hours before a game? 7 head coaches in 14 years?

You're sitting at 3-9 with no 1st round pick next year?

Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #108
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,936
Default

I love those articles. They are probably total bs but man they are fun to read. Like soap operas.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #109
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Shanahan declines to comment.... he's gone.
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:22 AM   #110
swaiy
Seasoned Veteran
 
swaiy's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The draft is loaded. I wonder what the Rams will do with that pick
swaiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #111
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 14,788
Default

I don't know how accurate the article is, but it's clear that there's been a growing rift between Shanahan and RG III for some time, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Snyder factored heavily into that equation.

Once again, it's amazing how fast things can change in the NFL.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #112
jmz313
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Wow.

Shanahan needs to leave that place. What's up with all these huge market teams having ****ty owners?
Rich people who want to be celebrities.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #113
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,745
Default

This doesn't surprise me. You have an owner that spent millions of dollars to create a "party" deck in his stadium that he could rent off in off season but wouldn't buy a practice bubble for couple hundred thousand until Shanahan made him do it last year. Skins were practicing at local sports club when the weather got bad until this season.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #114
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Shanahan declines to comment.... he's gone.
Yep....has anyone noticed who brok this story? The same guy that helped write his book.

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #115
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,923

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
As speculation mounts about Mike Shanahan's future in Washington, details have emerged about the coach's dissatisfaction with the relationship between owner Dan Snyder and quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Disillusioned with the way Snyder was running the organization, Shanahan cleaned out his office in advance of January's wild-card playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks and expected to leave the team whenever the season ended, according to a source who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The source said Shanahan had grown tired of the way Snyder empowered Griffin and openly esteemed him above all other players. Shanahan didn't blame Griffin but did blame Snyder for creating an atmosphere that Shanahan did not believe was conducive to winning. Shanahan privately told people close to him that he felt Snyder's behavior with regard to Griffin was a "complete farce."


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ns-2012-season
Oh wow. Lolllllllllllllll
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #116
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default














Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #117
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Anddd of course the Redskins are playing the Chiefs...
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #118
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,745
Default

Well it looks like Shanahan would high on the list to replace Kubes in Houston if he is fired in DC.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #119
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Shanahan declines to comment.... he's gone.
1. Excellent!

2. Skins will still beat chiefs today lol. Sit back, relax and watch it happen!
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #120
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Well it looks like Shanahan would high on the list to replace Kubes in Houston if he is fired in DC.
Houston would be making a big mistake, but that's nothing new haha
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #121
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

this is just shannys pre-emptive strike on being fired !
shanny is, was and will always be a horses arse when it comes to his ego.
If the skins are smart, they will grab KUBES to mentor their young QBs !
but thats ba a big if.
bobby turner would stay on to work with kubes and it would be a smooth transition for the players since both shanny and kubes come from the bill walsh tree.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #122
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

houston would win the retard award if they hired shanny after dumping kubes.
that would be like divorsing britanny spears to marry paris hilton.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #123
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
this is just shannys pre-emptive strike on being fired !
shanny is, was and will always be a horses arse when it comes to his ego.
I will take Snyder being a prick over Shanahan being in charge of personnel decisions; lesser of two evils...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #124
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 2,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I can see it both ways. Shanahan is still under contract and you already know how badly the media can ruin someone's rep which could affect him for his next job.

These stories that are coming out really only benefit Shanahan and are bad for Redskins image.

It really makes sense that Shanahan was forced to play RG3... I mean these NFL coaches can't be that stupid. RG3 hadn't taken a snap all offseason and training camp and then just start him in the 1st game of the season?

So all that work you did in the off season and training camp/pre season with Cousins just goes to waste essentially? Thats not fair to the rest of the team.

The Redskins season was over the moment they decided to play RG3 Week 1.

I would like to believe Shanny's ego isn't THAT big to play RG3 at his own will.
the only thing bigger than shannys ego is his house in cherry creek, check it out !http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/mike-shanahan.php

Last edited by CHEF LUIGI; 12-08-2013 at 09:28 AM..
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #125
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,053
Default

Shanny needs to coach a team with a 'finesse' tradition if can't create such a team from scratch. His success had been with finesse teams and accurate QBs. I think Jerry Jones would be happy with the result if He got rid of Garrett and hired Shanny.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Denver Broncos