The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #326
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
What I was saying is I don't get why Bowlen and Shanny can't mend fences. I understand Shanny would be pissed for awhile but, get over it. Bowlen paid him millions of dollars. A guy that got fired but, knew he'd coach somewhere else whenever he wanted. Mike is acting like he went from millions of dollars to 7 bucks an hour or something I'd get why any bitterness would remain in that scenerio but. not going big bucks to big bucks seems childish.
Because Bowlen is a chicken**** two faced piece of crap. Dude went the lion's share of a decade spending in the lower third of the league and ****ing complained that we were only .500 the last three years knowing damn well he tied a hand behind Mike's back. He loves to think of himself and portray himself as this benevolent owner who runs things first class when in reality it's not.

And you want Shanny to mend fences with him? Shanny brought him hundreds of millions more in revenues than he took from him. He doesn't owe Bowlen anything. If its not for him, he doesn't have 2 titles and maybe not a stadium either. Bowlen is a lowlife, Shanny doesn't need to drop to his level.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #327
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Because Bowlen is a chicken**** two faced piece of crap. Dude went the lion's share of a decade spending in the lower third of the league and ****ing complained that we were only .500 the last three years knowing damn well he tied a hand behind Mike's back. He loves to think of himself and portray himself as this benevolent owner who runs things first class when in reality it's not.

And you want Shanny to mend fences with him? Shanny brought him hundreds of millions more in revenues than he took from him. He doesn't owe Bowlen anything. If its not for him, he doesn't have 2 titles and maybe not a stadium either. Bowlen is a lowlife, Shanny doesn't need to drop to his level.
Point taken but, give Bowlen alittle credit he also paid huge money on avg players Mike wanted that failed too. While I blame Bowlen too some I can understand why he tightened his belt a bit for a few years after dumping big bucks on FA's that bombed. Ask Wash they tried that too and look what its done for them. I loved Shanny too and always will but, it was time to part ways. I would think in ten yrs you could bolster ST's and a D to be good.

Look what he has done in Wash with a billionaire owner and a weak NFC East 3-10.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-10-2013 at 11:31 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #328
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

yeh Bowlen is a cheapskate lowlife...
I remember that nickle and dime funeral he put on for darrant williams.
stoopid carriage and six white horses he probably got at wal-mart.
and flying every member of the team and franchise to attend, what a low class phoney that pat bowlen is.
cheapskate, resenting paying guys like gardner and carter millions.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #329
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
yeh Bowlen is a cheapskate lowlife...
I remember that nickle and dime funeral he put on for darrant williams.
stoopid carriage and six white horses he probably got at wal-mart.
and flying every member of the team and franchise to attend, what a low class phoney that pat bowlen is.
cheapskate, resenting paying guys like gardner and carter millions.
There were misses no doubt but if you look at the data....it reflects poorly on Bowlen and can't be explained away by dead money.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #330
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
There were misses no doubt but if you look at the data....it reflects poorly on Bowlen and can't be explained away by dead money.
"dead money" is that your response to him picking up the tab for darrants funeral?
funny how a guy who is being called cheap was also fined for circumventing the cap, thats just so weird.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #331
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Sure it can. You're full of complete horse **** on this and I think deep down you know it.

Pat Bowlen has never told any coach no. Ever. That's a fact. Shanahan leaks everything that pisses him off about an owner to the press through Schefter and others. None of them said anything. Ever.

And if he really "hates" Bowlen as you suggest, why hasn't it come out since then? He's leaking like a faucet right now and every single detail about what he disdains about the Redskins organization from owner to players is coming out. You pointed out based on "the look in his eyes" that you could tell Shanahan "totally hates Bowlen" now. If that's true, and if Bowlen really sabotaged him, why has nothing been said by anyone (except you) based on a USA today report that misses several factors?

The lack of cap spending wasn't dead money, it's that Shanahan drafted so poorly there wasn't any one worth spending it on. The cap ballooned out of control during the 2000's so any player worth a crap was never allowed to get to free agency. It's still that way with a stagnate cap ceiling as is. So Shanahan was left with the cast offs and he had us over-paying for Daniel Graham, IHOP, Travis Henry and others - players that were all damaged goods and had major flaws.

Point to the instance where Bowlen said no. Point to a single free agent we went after that Shanahan didn't get because Bowlen stopped him. You can't. And can you imagine the **** storm of how pissed Shanahan would be if that were true? You know he wouldn't tolerate that for a second.

It never happened, Socal. You're full of **** on this. Like so full your teeth are brown.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #332
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

"Look what he has done in Wash with a billionaire owner and a weak NFC East 3-10."

well thats just because snyder let Rg3's fiance use his limo !
if she had called a cab, the skins would be 9-4 !
Old 12-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #333
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bucky Dilts

Quote:
"dead money" is that your response to him picking up the tab for darrants funeral?
funny how a guy who is being called cheap was also fined for circumventing the cap, thats just so weird.
Look you lowlife POS, how does him spending for a funeral have anything to do with operating costs? Shameful you would even attempt to use that analogy.

I have no idea if SoCal is right or wrong on shanny's hands being tied here, always seemed like we signed the guys who came to visit, bit there was definitley a period where they were no longer getting the top FA's and going middle of the road/higher risk reward types.

Also, the circumventing the cap was to save Pat money you stupid SOB! They were deferring salary. Do you have any clue what you are talking about?
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 AM   #334
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol#7 View Post
Look you lowlife POS, how does him spending for a funeral have anything to do with operating costs? Shameful you would even attempt to use that analogy.

I have no idea if SoCal is right or wrong on shanny's hands being tied here, always seemed like we signed the guys who came to visit, bit there was definitley a period where they were no longer getting the top FA's and going middle of the road/higher risk reward types.

Also, the circumventing the cap was to save Pat money you stupid SOB! They were deferring salary. Do you have any clue what you are talking about?
Blue, so you want me to ignore this type of behavior and empower his activity?
yes I see that as an excellent gameplan to put this new poster on the right path on how to treat a fellow member of the mane.
lets put this guy in charge of public relations.
welcome all you lowlife POS ! thanks for joining the 'mane you stupid SOB !
Old 12-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #335
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:

I have a dozen negative reps from this guy laced with vulgarity and personal attacks. I should just ignore him like the cheifs fans ignored the dying man in their parking lot.?
lovely, effective strategy for sure.
my silence will surely put an end to it.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #336
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I have a dozen negative reps from this guy laced with vulgarity and personal attacks. I should just ignore him like the cheifs fans ignored the dying man in their parking lot.?
guy claims he is classy, tries to take the moral high ground by comparing his being insulted on the internet to a man being beaten to death
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #337
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
He wasn't fined for circumventing the cap. The Broncos never circumvented the cap. This is a common misunderstanding of what happened.

The Broncos deferred salary. This has nothing to do with cap circumvention. They were cap compliant, and at the time the Broncos did this, there was no rule on the book against it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #338
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
guy claims he is classy, tries to take the moral high ground by comparing his being insulted on the internet to a man being beaten to death
no I very clearly contended that ignoring a bad situation is not a solution to the problem.
To ignore wrong doing is to condone it.
No objective viewer would see my post as comparing cyber bullying to beating a man to death. Only a person with a vested anamosity would try to pretend and infere that I said anything along those lines.
I condemned the act of ignoring/ doing nothing.
thats pretty obvious to anyone with an objective perspective.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #339
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
no I very clearly contended that ignoring a bad situation is not a solution to the problem.
On the internet, it totally is. The internet is like a mirror... I've been internetting on Broncos forums and before that mailing lists for 20 years now, and there's no doubt about it: the best way to gain control of your internet experience is to ignore the a-holes and focus on the content you think is important. If the aholes are what pulls your attention, I've got some bad news for you...
Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #340
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Blue, so you want me to ignore this type of behavior and empower his activity?
yes I see that as an excellent gameplan to put this new poster on the right path on how to treat a fellow member of the mane.
lets put this guy in charge of public relations.
welcome all you lowlife POS ! thanks for joining the 'mane you stupid SOB !

Mild namecalling isn't against forum rules.

You do know that placing someone on ignore removes rep remarks from them, right?

You can ignore stuff and let it all slide off like water off a duck's back -- or you can react and encourage further reaction on the part of others. Your call. My personal opinion is that it isn't worth spending a single nanosecond getting upset over something someone you don't even know typed on the internet. Your mileage may vary.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #341
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

^ she said it very well.

Historically speaking, people like you get eaten up alive here because you pretend that all you care about is talking football, and then you spend all your time chest thumping and name calling with the chest thumpers and the name callers, while the football talkers end up talking around you.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:25 AM   #342
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

I'm sure if Bowlen refused to pay for players Mike wanted The Moops would've already written a book about it.

And even if he did "go cheap" so what? SoCal has complained Reeves never built a team around Elway when all he had available to him was the draft....why couldn't Mike build one around Griese or Plummer or Cutler via the draft?

Mike signed many a chump for mucho dinero and wasted millions of $$$ to basically go 8-8 save for the Plummer era and one season with Griese / Frerotte

And it still doesn't explain why he's been bad to mediocre in Washington with a guy who spends like a drunk sailor

Last edited by errand; 12-11-2013 at 03:30 AM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:29 AM   #343
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Before I go into a rant about Shanahan, let's look at some quotes he gave before the season started. Mike Shanahan has done one thing well every year, and that's give fans hope that he's putting together a championship caliber team when in reality, that was far far from the truth almost all the time. He did that **** in Denver EVERY year.

Here is quotes from Shanahan before this season:

Before 2013 NFL Season

Mike Shanahan says the expectations are very high this season in Washington.

According to Shanahan, his players believe that they have what it takes to win the Super Bowl, and they won’t settle for anything less.

“We have a team that you’re going to be proud of,” Shanahan said. “They have set the expectations: anything short of a Super Bowl is a failure.

Shanahan said owner Dan Snyder has given his team all of the resources it needs, and that the personnel department has built a team good enough to win it all.

“Coaches coach, players play and together all of us can win championships,” Shanahan said, “and that’s what we plan to do.”

John and John and the Broncos weren't even this blunt about winning the Super Bowl this year. The Broncos always mention the SB as a GOAL...but never do you see them blow smoke up fans a-holes like this bull****tin Shanahan.

Last edited by Action; 12-11-2013 at 05:11 AM..
Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #344
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Shanahan has been the worst head coach that deserves a HC job in the past 14 years. Outside of his 2 Super Bowls, what does his resume look like? Not very good. In a league where HC's are judged in the playoffs...this is what it looks like:

In 18 out of Mike Shanahan's 20 years of coaching, he has 1 playoff win. Let that FACT marinate for a second. 1 playoff win in 18 out of 20 seasons! 90% of Shanahan's career has consisted of 1 playoff win! Looking at that fact, you can simply infer that the 2 seasons where he did win the Super Bowl, he rode Elway and Terrell Davis all the way there (along with Kubiak and Bobby Turner).

If this was ANY other head coach in the league, or let's say this was the Chiefs HC, ya'll Shanahan defenders would be singing the same tune as I, and many others are on this forum...and the same tune Redskins fans are singing now. Finishing last in the division in 3/4 years? That is HORRIBLE.

Great HC's don't make excuses. Especially 18 years worth of them. That's what it seems like all the Shanahan lovers do on here though.

Wasn't Jay Cutler 1 win away from making the Super Bowl 2 years after leaving Denver? Yeah, I think so. Cutler didn't even have amazing stats that season either.

Mike Shanahan can't put together a 53 man roster worth of ****. He can't put together a coaching staff to save his life (literally). He can't put a defense on the field that is competitive on any level in NFL for the past X amount of years.

God damn it, Mike Shanahan is at the cancer level of a head coach/GM. He's such a ****ty head coach and GM it makes me sick to think I even believed in him for the past decade +. He fooled me good.

John Elway is the one that deserves most of the credit. He had playoff success and was in the Super Bowl before Shanahan. He's had success regardless of what changes around him...that marks a true winner. Elway comes through in the clutch no matter where he's at or what cars he's selling. Luckily for us, he's the one at the top of the Broncos organization now.

And luckily for us, Shanahan is long gone in the rear view mirror.

Last edited by Action; 12-11-2013 at 05:13 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #345
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Point to the instance where Bowlen said no. Point to a single free agent we went after that Shanahan didn't get because Bowlen stopped him. You can't. And can you imagine the **** storm of how pissed Shanahan would be if that were true? You know he wouldn't tolerate that for a second.
Let me add to the list of things Shanahan sucks at: signing free agents. My goodness did Shanahan suck at signing FA's. Simeon Rice...Nate Webster...Boss Bailey...this list go on.

Jarvis Moss was as big of a bust as Alphonso Smith... but we already know which coach was forgiven and which wasn't. Broncos traded a 1st, 3rd, and 6th to move up to get Jarvis Moss. Want to know who was taken with that 3rd pick Broncos traded? Ravens Pro Bowl Guard Marshal Yanda.

Shanahan fooled Broncos nation into thinking we had NFL quality running backs because of the system we had in place. Selvin Young, Mike Bell, Olandis Gary, Reuben Droughns, Tatum Bell, Quentin Griffin, Ron Dayne, Travis Henry, Andre Hall, Cecil Sapp, Mike Pittman...

And he pulled the greatest trick the Devil himself would be jealous of...he successfully convinced the Broncos nation that Peyton Hillis was a 5-tool HOF player.

Good lord, there is so much facts and evidence of Shanahan's incompetence as a GM and HC...it makes anyone defending him look like they need psychological medication on a day to day basis.

Last edited by Action; 12-11-2013 at 05:16 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 04:16 AM   #346
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:

You're nuts. There really is no other explanation for posts like this.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #347
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:

You don't always need top FA's. You need a good system, a good coaching staff, and a good culture in place that is able to develop and integrate players that come in. Shanahan had no idea and still has no idea what this even means.

Some of Broncos fa's these past 3 years that aren't top FA's, yet Broncos were able to find value in:

Mike Adams
Quentin Jammer
Trindon Holliday
Dan Koppen
Jacob Tamme
Joel Dreessen
Shaun Phillips
Manny Ramirez
Tony Carter
Andre Caldwell
Lance Ball
Keith Brooking
Justin Bannan
Jim Leohnard

Kevin Vickerson (McDaniels) was a better signing than any FA Shanahan signed from what I could remember.

The only signing Broncos have ****ed up on was Ty Warren. Took a gamble on injury...talent was there though. Jacob Hester will be off the books after this year (700k contract).

Simeon Rice: 1 year, 3 million: 6 games played 8 tackles 0 sacks

Shaun Phillips: 1 year, 1 million: 13 games 30 tackles 9 sacks 5 pass deflection 1 interception 2 forced fumbles...and counting.

Like I said, great HCs don't make excuses. Neither do great GMs.

I saw somewhere in this thread that claimed you needed a great QB to win. Last years Super Bowl QBs: Flacco and Kaepernick. Eli Manning has 2 SB wins in the last 6 years...check out his stats for those years. One year he had a 73.9 QB rating.

Last edited by Action; 12-11-2013 at 04:42 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #348
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Did these Shanahan lovers talk about that "Mike Shanahan’s Brilliant Last Act" write up?

I mean that **** was a joke last year too. Tell me if you think John Fox would ever let some dumb **** like the RG3 debacle slide with him on the sidelines. Mike Shanahan, you're a 20 year, 2 time SB coach, and you let some **** like that happen?

I defended the recent leaks of Snyder, if they were by Shanahan. Unfortunately, it does not exempt him from his failures in all other aspects as a HC/GM...which obviously he's trying to cover up in the media.

Last edited by Action; 12-11-2013 at 04:41 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #349
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I saw somewhere in this thread that claimed you needed a great QB to win. Last years Super Bowl QBs: Flacco and Kaepernick. Eli Manning has 2 SB wins in the last 6 years...check out his stats for those years. One year he had a 73.9 QB rating.
take a look at the stats of Flacco, Kaepernick, and Eli during the playoffs in their runs.

and any of those QBs are miles better than Plummer or Griese even on their bad days.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #350
Action
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
take a look at the stats of Flacco, Kaepernick, and Eli during the playoffs in their runs.

and any of those QBs are miles better than Plummer or Griese even on their bad days.
The QB needs to definitely turn it up in the playoffs and get hot...let's not act like Jake Plummer wasn't playing great.

I mean Shanahan picked these guys and chose to develop them and put them on the field. The excuse of, not having a good enough QB is HIS fault and he should take full ownership of that as should the fans give it that way. Don't have a good QB? Ok, build a better defense...find better players at WR...etc...

Who deserves credit for Plummer's success? Shanny or Kubiak? Didn't Plummer's NFL career pretty much come to an end once Kubiak left? Jake was a horrible QB with a 69 career QB rating before the Broncos.

But that's besides the point...I'm talking about 1 playoff win in 10 years... I'm not out here claiming Shanahan needed to win or get to the Super Bowl like clock work...

See the trend though... Shanahan/Kubiak both think they can win with QBs like Plummer/Schaub when both clearly can't build defenses for ****.

Last edited by Action; 12-11-2013 at 05:02 AM..