The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #301
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Never. Bowlen scapegoated him for his own penny pinching faults.

Shanny should never ever acknowledge that POS
One day they will mend their broken relationship while sipping Manhattan's and tanning on the beach.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #302
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:

no back lash for this post/
well at least he didnt question a players devotion.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #303
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Channel 4 here in DC, is reporting that the rift is because of Kyle Shanahan. Evidently RGIII doesn't want to work with him, and Mike Shanahan won't fire him to please Sydner or RGIII
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #304
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Channel 4 here in DC, is reporting that the rift is because of Kyle Shanahan. Evidently RGIII doesn't want to work with him, and Mike Shanahan won't fire him to please Sydner or RGIII
To that, I would say: GUESS WHAT RG3?? - you don't get to CHOOSE who you work with when you're a 2nd year QB that hasn't done or proven anything in the NFL yet.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #305
Shananahan
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #306
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
To that, I would say: GUESS WHAT RG3?? - you don't get to CHOOSE who you work with when you're a 2nd year QB that hasn't done or proven anything in the NFL yet.
no, but it's Snyder's choice, not RG3's. either he takes an accomplished coach or the face and future of his franchise. it's an easy one (he'll take the player), but only Snyder could crap himself this badly in the first place.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #307
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I think that Kyle is actually more of hard ass then his old man now, (TD was on Denver Radio Station, and talked about how Mike had "soften" from his time in Denver). I am sure RGIII doesn't like Kyle jacking him up when he screw up.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #308
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Not many coaches win much without an elite QB. Shanny hasn't had one since Elway. Not saying I think Shanny doesn't have his issues. Not sure what his deal is with Slowick and having his son as OC. Those and moving up to take RGIII are easily his biggest mistakes in DC.
Actually, they do all the time. Mark Sanchez played in back to back AFC title games. We have a list of average to good QB's that made it to the super bowl, though admittedly a smaller list of those that won it. Jake plummer won as many playoff games as a cardinal as he did with the Broncos. Rex Grossman made it to the superbowl....and he's currently the 3rd stringer on Wash. Fox matched Shanahan with one playoff win with Tim Tebow, on top of taking Jake Delhomme to the superbowl. Fisher won a playoff game with Kerry Collins...Jim Fassel rode the same QB to the Superbowl. Our Defensive Coordinator has won a playoff game more recently than Shanahan and with Gerrard at QB.

So tell me again how we shouldn't expect more than one playoff win in 15 years without an elite QB.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #309
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:

Nah...Mike got all the money he ever needed to win. Your statement is BS.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #310
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Actually, they do all the time. Mark Sanchez played in back to back AFC title games. We have a list of average to good QB's that made it to the super bowl, though admittedly a smaller list of those that won it. Jake plummer won as many playoff games as a cardinal as he did with the Broncos. Rex Grossman made it to the superbowl....and he's currently the 3rd stringer on Wash. Fox matched Shanahan with one playoff win with Tim Tebow, on top of taking Jake Delhomme to the superbowl. Fisher won a playoff game with Kerry Collins...Jim Fassel rode the same QB to the Superbowl. Our Defensive Coordinator has won a playoff game more recently than Shanahan and with Gerrard at QB.

So tell me again how we shouldn't expect more than one playoff win in 15 years without an elite QB.
Tim Tebow wasn't facing off with Peyton Manning, nomsayin?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #311
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Tim Tebow wasn't facing off with Peyton Manning, nomsayin?
I do, but the excuse list is just too long at this point. It's Manning, the defense, the opposing defense, Jake Plummer, QB injuries, QB immaturity, This Coordinators fault, that coordinators fault, I didn't want this QB, the owner is meddlesome, my QB was hurt.

Our previous discussion made it clear that I thought that the Skins season was going to go down this road (no need to rehash). I didn't think it was going to get this Dramatic though. At some point you have to take a step back and realize that he may be a master of X's and O's, But he is also his own worst enemy when it comes to building a staff and maintaining the team (especially the defense).
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #312
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Steve Young on Manning in Washington with Mike (when Peyton was a FA).
Well Steve Young also said he wouldn't change Tebow's throwing motion and that he would be a very good passer, so....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #313
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

All I'm saying is it's much easier to win with an elite QB. What do you suppose his record would be his 4 years in DC with Manning, Brees, Brady or Rodgers at QB?? Shanny obviously has issues. Slowick?? Seriously?? What does he see in that guy that's so damn special. Worst D I've ever seen when he was here.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #314
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:

Looking at what has happened with Shanny's career, I don't get how you hold onto this bat-**** crazy opinion at this point. But then that's the whole point of being bat-**** crazy am I right?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #315
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well Steve Young also said he wouldn't change Tebow's throwing motion and that he would be a very good passer, so....
funny, I recall steve young saying he watched TT in camp (his last camp in denver) and after watching him throw the entire day said he honestly had to ask himself,
"is this guy really left handed/ "
Young is not a viscious abrassive man, he is not looking for a punch-line at the expense of another.
But young may have said those things and had a change of opinion, just like shanny. I have no doubt shanny endeared himself to young when he was a young, hard working Oc / QB coach looking to reclaim his career in S. F.
Buit the shanny of 2000 and beyond is not a worthwhile HC.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #316
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
To which I would say it's a joke that Shanny's son has the job and everyone with any sense knows it.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #317
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
All I'm saying is it's much easier to win with an elite QB. What do you suppose his record would be his 4 years in DC with Manning, Brees, Brady or Rodgers at QB?? Shanny obviously has issues. Slowick?? Seriously?? What does he see in that guy that's so damn special. Worst D I've ever seen when he was here.
RG3 has the potential to be an elite QB once he is free and clear of shanny.
I would love for his replacement to be Kubes! what better way for there to be a demonstration who the real QB guru is !
Kubes torned shaub in to a pro bowl QB, what QB has shanny developed into a pro bowler?
emphasis on developed !
Old 12-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #318
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
tell it to jay cutler. or josh freeman
Old 12-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #319
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
I do, but the excuse list is just too long at this point. It's Manning, the defense, the opposing defense, Jake Plummer, QB injuries, QB immaturity, This Coordinators fault, that coordinators fault, I didn't want this QB, the owner is meddlesome, my QB was hurt.

Our previous discussion made it clear that I thought that the Skins season was going to go down this road (no need to rehash). I didn't think it was going to get this Dramatic though. At some point you have to take a step back and realize that he may be a master of X's and O's, But he is also his own worst enemy when it comes to building a staff and maintaining the team (especially the defense).
no, not the mastermind, he's a swell guy.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #320
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

As this thread continues, I keep thinking to myself - Thank God for John Fox lol
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #321
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
8-8
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #322
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
8-8
Bingo! 6-2 the first half,
2-6 the last 8 games.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #323
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's hilarious how the Rev and Socal refuse to admit Shanahan has a single flaw. Even the greatest coaches had weaknesses. But not according to the Rev and Socal. According to them Shanahan is amazing at everything and every player, coach, unit and team that performed poorly was all someone else's fault, despite Shanahan controlling everything. He's the greatest coach on all sides of the ball and the greatest GM who was sabotaged by all three owners, bad players and bad assistants - he was tricked somehow into working with all those sinister people.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #324
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Looking at what has happened with Shanny's career, I don't get how you hold onto this bat-**** crazy opinion at this point. But then that's the whole point of being bat-**** crazy am I right?
What does that have to do with the fact that Bowlen went cheap for almost a whole decade. I've posted the data from USA Today and rebutted the alternate explanations and there is ten years of it. It is very detailed. Feel free to use the search function.

As Willy Wonka would say, it's all there black and white, clear as crystal. You lose. Good day,sir!

Old 12-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #325
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

What I was saying is I don't get why Bowlen and Shanny can't mend fences. I understand Shanny would be pissed for awhile but, get over it. Bowlen paid him millions of dollars. A guy that got fired but, knew he'd coach somewhere else whenever he wanted. Mike is acting like he went from millions of dollars to 7 bucks an hour or something I'd get why any bitterness would remain in that scenerio but. not going big bucks to big bucks to me that is childish after several years.

I'm not ragging on Rev or Socal on this subject just my view is all.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-10-2013 at 11:07 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote