The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #276
Ol#7
Not Too Shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duke IEatNachos

Elway stayed away because he didnt see a role for himself FFS. What are you revisionists smoking? He didnt want to step on a coach's toe's who finally got him his rings, especially after he left Shanny in a lurch by waiting to announce he wasnt coming back.

Everything coming out says that Snyder has been interfering with the personnel decisions at the QB position, yet somehow he got everything he wanted in DC? JFC!

The Redskins are a dumpster fire for sure, but I dont think any coach can have success in that environment. I still remember Snyder demanding an apology from Norv in front of the team. It was a big mistake for Shanny to take that job, but think he will land on his feet. There are alot of terrible Head Coaches in the NFL.
Ol#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #277
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

hey ol #7 thought I would post something so you wopuld have another reason to litter me with negative reps.
How old are you?
I love your rational as to why shanny will get another job, because the NFL is full of lousy coaches and shanny will fit right in !
I too hope shanny gets another gig because if there is any doubt about shannys true coaching skills, his legacy will be forever cemented with his next gig... emphasis on cement !
You probably thought ashlie lelie was the worlds greatest receiver too.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #278
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

shanny has been in DC for 4 years, he has had one singular winning season, LAST YEAR
after shanny himself declared his team done and OUT, RG3 put the team on his shoulders and delivered a string of wins !
PERFECT that shanny would then alienate the one guy who saved his season !
shanny also alienated JFE, but ol#7 cant seem to accept that reality either.
I have NEVER heard montana or young have anything positive to say about shanny either!
But I must have had a bad steak at his restaurant or something to bring up all this negativity.
Or maybe I just see him for what he is, a figurehead who caught lightning in a bottle and then let all the success and praise go to his head.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #279
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
shanny has been in DC for 4 years, he has had one singular winning season, LAST YEAR
after shanny himself declared his team done and OUT, RG3 put the team on his shoulders and delivered a string of wins !
PERFECT that shanny would then alienate the one guy who saved his season !
shanny also alienated JFE, but ol#7 cant seem to accept that reality either.
I have NEVER heard montana or young have anything positive to say about shanny either!
But I must have had a bad steak at his restaurant or something to bring up all this negativity.
Or maybe I just see him for what he is, a figurehead who caught lightning in a bottle and then let all the success and praise go to his head.

...because he never really worked with Montana... Montana had his elbow injury in game 1 of Mike's stint at the 9ers OC.

Steve Young, on the other hand, not only says something nice, he credits Shanahan IN HIS HALL OF FAME SPEECH.

You're ****ing priceless Chef. Please don't leave the Mane.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #280
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

thats because steve young has class. when was the last time you heard youing say a positive thing about shanny as a HC in the current NFL?
not some sentament from 1994
2o seasons ago ?

or JFE
or RG3
shanny is deliberatly dumping on his own team with 3 games left to play so he can get fired and get 7 mill?
what kind of scumbag coach does that/
shanahan, thats who !
He quit last year too before his team went on a late season 7-0 run too. called his team "done"
Cleared out his office a second time .
The guy is a lazy fat cat ego driven wanna-be, liiving off past laurels earned by others !
none of his current players want to play for him ! he laid down along with them on sunday !
snyder should make him play out the season and sleep in the bed he has made. 3 more weeks for shanny to show the football world the kind of coach he is !
Old 12-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #281
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Jon Gruden:

Quote:
"Some of the best tape that I've ever studied was Mike Shanahan and John Elway in Denver," Gruden said. "The back-to-back Super Bowl championship teams, they took advantage of John Elway’s mobility. A lot of people forget just how extraordinary Elway was handing the ball off to Terrell Davis, and those naked bootlegs off of those stretch plays were devastating.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #282
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Steve Young on Manning in Washington with Mike (when Peyton was a FA).

Quote:
“I think it becomes a coach-quarterback relationship. It’s gonna be somebody [like] a Mike Shanahan. You look at those guys around that really understand quarterbacks, they’re gonna be able to take advantage of all Peyton’s talents, and then you need to be a team that doesn’t have an answer right now....I expect that the move will be a team that just needs that guy, that hasn’t had that guy, and Peyton will be that guy.”
Quote:
So first of all, when you talk about quarterbacks and who could really do something with Peyton Manning, in my mind it’s Mike Shanahan....It’s one of those places where it seems like it’s all in place.”
Old 12-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #283
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

More:

Steve Young:

Quote:
“Let me just tell you this: Mike is a phenomenal playcaller, but he wants a quarterback that will protect his incredible ability to call plays,” Young said. “In other words, I’m gonna call a series of plays, I’m gonna put combinations together that are a little bit outlandish, but you need to protect me. Most playcallers have to go the other way — I’ve got to call plays because my quarterback’s not gonna protect me and I’m gonna protect him. That relationship is vital.

“And Mike has been searching since John Elway for a quarterback that will protect him, to allow him to call games the way he wants to, and he has struggled to find that. I can see it. I saw him in Dallas this year on the Monday Night game. He’s so frustrated, because he doesn’t have somebody that he can do what he wants to do....I think that he would crave the chance to be with somebody who would protect him as a playcaller.”
Old 12-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #284
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

thanks for confirming exactly what I have said all along,'
shanny needs a superstar QB to make him look good.
shanny NEEDS a QB who can CREATE when the play called breaks down.
if you read youngs words, he is actually praising the QBs that succeed with shanny, not shanny !
shanny is a QB coach, he is NOT a worthy HC !
shanny does understand QBs and WR, he is clueless about everything else!
see his D and ST for consistent examples of shannys incompetence !
the brilliant play caller isnt even calling plays, he leaves that to his kid... brilliant !
Old 12-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #285
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

shaNNY HAS ALWAYS TAKEN CREDIT FOR EVERY SUCCESS AND FOUND A SCAPEGOAT for every failure.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #286
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
if you read youngs words, he is actually praising the QBs that succeed with shanny, not shanny !
the brilliant play caller isnt even calling plays, he leaves that to his kid... brilliant !
Please point to all the other extremely successful coaches who did not need a superstar QB to be great. A list of 3-5 would suffice.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #287
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
More:

Steve Young:
and this quote is an eerie foreshadowing of what happened to RG3 last year!
did shanny protect RG3, or did he send RG3 out on to the field and expect the rookie on a bad wheel to protect the coach and his play-calling?
shanny is a self serving turd !
the way he has abandoned his team and playersa this seaSON JUST CONFIRMS THAT! if he does get another gig, shanny will just erase all doubt!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #288
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Please point to all the other extremely successful coaches who did not need a superstar QB to be great. A list of 3-5 would suffice.
lombardi, bart starr was no superstar
joe gibbs
mike ditka, jim mcmahon, hello?
chucky in tampa, can you even name his QB?
jeff hostetler and phil simms?
can you name the third string QB that won the SB with the raiders and madden?
these are just off the top of my dilfer head.
It takes more than a QB and a HC to win a SB, shanny put together a great TEAM of players and coaches in 1995. he was young, hungry and hard working. he learned how to run an ORG from bill WALSH and the 9ers. He brought KUBIAK with him to help incorporate this concepts in denver.
KUBIAK put together the gameplans
kubiak chose the plays and order of the 20 play script. shanny, just took all the credit
shanny got lazy, stubborn and arrogant after the 2 SB wins.
He called plays to prove everyone wrong!
shanny, this is the same brilliant play-caller that went empty backfield on 4 consecutive plays inside the 5 yard line with PLUMMER as his QB and never attempted a run !
yes, shanny was brilliant.
QG attempting to run inside on the jaks front line repeatedly because the pundents said he could not do it!
stubborn and arrogant, these were the defining characteristics of shanny in the new millenium.

Last edited by CHEF LUIGI; 12-10-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Old 12-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #289
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol#7 View Post
Elway stayed away because he didnt see a role for himself FFS. What are you revisionists smoking? He didnt want to step on a coach's toe's who finally got him his rings, especially after he left Shanny in a lurch by waiting to announce he wasnt coming back.

Everything coming out says that Snyder has been interfering with the personnel decisions at the QB position, yet somehow he got everything he wanted in DC? JFC!

The Redskins are a dumpster fire for sure, but I dont think any coach can have success in that environment. I still remember Snyder demanding an apology from Norv in front of the team. It was a big mistake for Shanny to take that job, but think he will land on his feet. There are alot of terrible Head Coaches in the NFL.
Left Shanahan in a lurch? Are you kidding me? That's the way Shanahan behaved but if he were smart he'd have known there wasn't much time left, especially after Elway was debating retiring and was talked into staying that last season by his family. It must have been an extremely hard decision for Elway as football had been his life but he was supposed to rush it for Shanahan? I do think part of the reason Elway stayed away was Shanahan. Shanahan didn't want the reason he won two SB's usurping his authority or image. It was evident once Elway left Shanahan was desperate to prove he could do it without Elway. He couldn't.

I agree Snyder is as meddlesome as Jerry Jones and is in part responsible for his teams failure. But I'm also tired of the rationalizations for Shanahan's failures. We, as Bronco fans, can see the SAME thing happened with Shanahan's coaching in Washington. The SAME reason he was fired here.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #290
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
This would depend on your definition of extreme success and superstar. SB winners would be Gruden, Harbaugh, Billick, Gibbs, Coughlin, Parcells, Bill Cowher.

Reeves, Fox, Holmgren, Parcells, Lovie Smith, Bill Cowher and Bobby Ross would be guys who took non superstar QB's to the bowl just to fall short.

that's 15 superbowls with Non Superstar QB's either participating or winning.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #291
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
lombardi, bart starr was no superstar
joe gibbs
mike ditka, jim mcmahon, hello?
chucky in tampa, can you even name his QB?
jeff hostetler and phil simms?
can you name the third string QB that won the SB with the raiders and madden?
these are just off the top of my dilfer head.
It takes more than a QB and a HC to win a SB, shanny put together a great TEAM of players and coaches in 1995. he was young, hungry and hard working. he learned how to run an ORG from bill WALSH and the 9ers. He brought KUBIAK with him to help incorporate this concepts in denver.
KUBIAK put together the gameplans
kubiak chose the plays and order of the 20 play script. shanny, just took all the credit
shanny got lazy, stubborn and arrogant after the 2 SB wins.
He called plays to prove everyone wrong!
shanny, this is the same brilliant play-caller that went empty backfield on 4 consecutive plays inside the 5 yard line with PLUMMER as his QB and never attempted a run !
yes, shanny was brilliant.
QG attempting to run inside on the jaks front line repeatedly because the pundents said he could not do it!
stubborn and arrogant, these were the defining characteristics of shanny in the new millenium.
Chuck Noll
Joe Gibbs
Bill Cowher
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #292
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

thanks to all for your posts.
shanny hasnt been relevant since 1999.
and as each of his 5 wild cards left his side, the real mike shanahan became more exposed.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #293
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
In the past 20-25 years almost every Super Bowl winner had an elite QB. Aikman, Young, Elway, Farve, Warner, Brady, both Mannings etc. The Dilfers and Brad Johnson's are not the norm.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #294
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
In the past 20-25 years almost every Super Bowl winner had an elite QB. Aikman, Young, Elway, Farve, Warner, Brady, both Mannings etc. The Dilfers and Brad Johnson's are not the norm.
How about teams that won more than 1 playoff game in 15 years?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #295
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

for shanny there will always be an excuse or a scapegoat.
He will gladly accept any credit and deflect any blame.
no matter where he goes he will fail,thus cementing his legacy.
there wont be any daniel snyder to point a finge r at !
There wasnt one in denver either after 7 seasons of mediocrity
Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #296
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Left Shanahan in a lurch? Are you kidding me? That's the way Shanahan behaved but if he were smart he'd have known there wasn't much time left, especially after Elway was debating retiring and was talked into staying that last season by his family. It must have been an extremely hard decision for Elway as football had been his life but he was supposed to rush it for Shanahan? I do think part of the reason Elway stayed away was Shanahan. Shanahan didn't want the reason he won two SB's usurping his authority or image. It was evident once Elway left Shanahan was desperate to prove he could do it without Elway. He couldn't.

I agree Snyder is as meddlesome as Jerry Jones and is in part responsible for his teams failure. But I'm also tired of the rationalizations for Shanahan's failures. We, as Bronco fans, can see the SAME thing happened with Shanahan's coaching in Washington. The SAME reason he was fired here.
I agree with most of this, though I don't think Shanahan wanted to prove he could win without Elway for his ego. I think he just wanted to keep on winning. He had two rings and liked his job. I don't think he was so insecure that he didn't think he needed great players to win one.

If anything, his 2005 coaching job did just that when he won with a bunch of average guys where the sum was greater than the parts and we were one bad game away from going to the big dance.

But like other greats that stay on, I think the game has passed him by. His special teams and defensive woes have only continued. He's 32-45 in his last five seasons. His coaching hires are poor, sometimes catastrophically so, and his hard-ass way with players is outdated and no longer acceptable for most clubs. In fact if there's one thing I am tired of, it's hearing about all the pissing matches Shanahan gets into with his players. Even though I think he's justified in most of them, his responses make him look small and don't ever change the behavior of the players he's trying to make an example of. And that also goes for leaking negative things about the team in anticipation of getting fired. I wouldn't want to hire an employee who in two of the last two places he worked he pissed his bosses off so bad that they didn't want to pay him - even if they were monumental dick holes like Al Davis and Dan Snyder.

I don't like how he handled it. He's better than that.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #297
CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

cooking up a victory

I don't like how he handled it. He's better than that.
no, you only hope and want that he would be better than that.
He is now throwing all his players remaining schedule under the bus so he can cash in on $7 million dfollars, even though he already has hundreds of millions of dollars.
stay classy mike, stay classy.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #298
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
How about teams that won more than 1 playoff game in 15 years?
Not many coaches win much without an elite QB. Shanny hasn't had one since Elway. Not saying I think Shanny doesn't have his issues. Not sure what his deal is with Slowick and having his son as OC. Those and moving up to take RGIII are easily his biggest mistakes in DC.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #299
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

If Wash cans him Shanny should swallow his pride and mend fences with Bowlen asap. They won 2 rings have a long history together quit acting like a child Mike.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #300
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
If Wash cans him Shanny should swallow his pride and mend fences with Bowlen asap. They won 2 rings have a long history together quit acting like a child Mike.
Never. Bowlen scapegoated him for his own penny pinching faults.

Shanny should never ever acknowledge that POS