The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #301
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post

I don't think you can name even one player who was instantly back in "football shape" in his first game back after injury/suspension.
Sup?

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #302
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sup?

Dude was at about 60% in the Steelers game.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #303
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,375
Default

I am super happy I read through this thread.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #304
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
I am super happy I read through this thread.


It certainly was a life changer for me. I learned about the butterfly effect (twice).
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #305
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,800
Default

I really don't like smartass people who come in a thread and say this but this time it is truly called for.............

"Stupidest thread of all time"
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #306
Cito Pelon
Happy
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Happy dog at the Divide

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lombardiville
Posts: 18,670

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I really don't like smartass people who come in a thread and say this but this time it is truly called for.............

"Stupidest thread of all time"
Actually, it was a good discussion. But some people got butthurt because Champ was getting picked on. The Denver Post article stated Champ was part of a "mutual decision" to pull him out of the game at KC. And Champ is listed as "questionable" for tomorrows game.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #307
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
It certainly was a life changer for me. I learned about the butterfly effect (twice).

As did I.

If they included a lesson on how magnets work, my entire life paradigm would have shifted. Thank God they did not cover the existence of objective reality. My head would have exploded.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #308
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Wade's World

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 35,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sup?

Already addressed with Chef Luigi how there's a difference between a player who comes back from an injury or suspension the next season with a full training camp and preseason in which to get back into football shape -- and one who returns (like Von did and Champ is) in the middle of the season. It's unrealistic to expect instantaneous perfection in play in the latter situation. Von Miller wasn't the dominating LB we're used to in his first game back but somehow some people expect Champ to have been absolutely perfect -- a flawless performance -- last week. It's ludicrous.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #309
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Already addressed with Chef Luigi how there's a difference between a player who comes back from an injury or suspension the next season with a full training camp and preseason in which to get back into football shape -- and one who returns (like Von did and Champ is) in the middle of the season. It's unrealistic to expect instantaneous perfection in play in the latter situation. Von Miller wasn't the dominating LB we're used to in his first game back but somehow some people expect Champ to have been absolutely perfect -- a flawless performance -- last week. It's ludicrous.


Well in fairness you said "first game back after injury/suspension"....

You did not add the qualifier of "mid season" until examples were given....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #310
Punisher
ŽSpreading the Wealth
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
97,98,2015 Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOO!Ž

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Film Room
Posts: 9,141

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7
Default

Champ isn't really hurt he just setting himself up to win most improved player next year. Checkmate you ****heads

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #311
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 14,182

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sup?

I love Peyton here in Denver but he did not hit the ground running. 2-3 record to begin the season. 3 INT in 1 quarter against the Falcons. Took him about 6 weeks until he was playing at a high level on a consistent basis.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #312
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I love Peyton here in Denver but he did not hit the ground running. 2-3 record to begin the season. 3 INT in 1 quarter against the Falcons. Took him about 6 weeks until he was playing at a high level on a consistent basis.
19-26-253 yards 2 TD's says otherwise.....and the team was going thru a bit of a learning curve during that 2-3 start. I understand it takes awhile to get back to normal for athletes coming off injury, and I agree Champ will need a few more games to get back into game day shape....but again Blue's statement was "first game back after injury"

Peyton was his normal self in his first game back after injury
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #313
colorado jones
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I know what you do like: periods.
That is disgusting.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #314
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,643

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I love Peyton here in Denver but he did not hit the ground running. 2-3 record to begin the season. 3 INT in 1 quarter against the Falcons. Took him about 6 weeks until he was playing at a high level on a consistent basis.
Peyton hit the ground running. He had one bad quarter against Atlanta but was on a high level since the injury.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #315
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 19,055

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Peyton doesn't have to chase 22 year old kids around the field. Comparing QB-CB doesn't really compute. We can see a 40 yr old QB on the field. Can't see a 40 yr old CB. This **** is win now. Champ is part of a CB core that cannot play man if the top CB goes down. If champ is healthy I want to see him on the field over jammer and Webster. At the end of the year im sure the team and champ will evaluate their futures. Retirement is certainly a logical option at this stage.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #316
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Peyton doesn't have to chase 22 year old kids around the field. Comparing QB-CB doesn't really compute. We can see a 40 yr old QB on the field. Can't see a 40 yr old CB. This **** is win now. Champ is part of a CB core that cannot play man if the top CB goes down. If champ is healthy I want to see him on the field over jammer and Webster. At the end of the year im sure the team and champ will evaluate their futures. Retirement is certainly a logical option at this stage.
Darrell Green says hi.
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #317
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #318
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 19,055

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Darrell Green says hi.
I highly doubt we will ever see a 40 yr old CB play in the game ever again. Isn't champ the oldest at 35? Game has evolved.

A good comparison would be Revis coming back from an injury during the year 2019. Champ really should've been IRed. Linsfrac injury. And people want him returning ints his first game back?

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 12-08-2013 at 09:31 AM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #319
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit
 
broncogary's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I highly doubt we will ever see a 40 yr old CB play in the game ever again.

A good comparison would be Revis coming back from an injury during the year 2019. Champ really should've been IRed. Linsfrac injury. And people want him returning ints his first game back?
Actually, I agree with your statement. But you shouldn't use normal rules to judge exceptional individuals.
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #320
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 19,055

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Actually, I agree with your statement. But you can't use normal rules to judge exceptional individuals.
That's true. Anything can happen when dealing with outragous talent and body shape. But it's hard for me to see a 40 yr old CB starting in today's NFL, where as a 40 yr old could still play at the QB spot
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #321
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I highly doubt we will ever see a 40 yr old CB play in the game ever again. Isn't champ the oldest at 35? Game has evolved.

A good comparison would be Revis coming back from an injury during the year 2019. Champ really should've been IRed. Linsfrac injury. And people want him returning ints his first game back?
That's if Revis is still playing in 2019....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #322
CHEF LUIGI
bronco fan: day 1, 1960
 
cooking up a victory

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in the kitchen
Posts: 7,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
Last year Champ was probably our 2nd most important defender. Woodyard has passed him up but he still played better LAST YEAR than any of our corners have played this year. He isn't playing like that right now but Miller also was not close to being our best defender his first game back, and that was a suspension not injury.

Again, unless his foot injury has permanently damaged his brain, Champ is still our best corner when healthy and in game shape. Which hasn't been the case this year and may not ever be the case this year.
I disagree. champ looked good last year ONLY because he was mostly ignored by the opposing QBs. Once QBs were brave enough to challenge champ they discovered he did have weaknesses, especially going deep! they also learned that champ willingly gave up 7 rard receptions on 1st or second down and 10, and then would try to jump the same route on third down. thew double move caught champ off balance as it has his ENTIRE career !

Champ demonstrated, when challenged that he could be burned deep when he didnt have safety help.

all this last year befoe that bimch Liz franc kicked him in the foot.
CHEF LUIGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #323
Cito Pelon
Happy
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Happy dog at the Divide

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Lombardiville
Posts: 18,670

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
I disagree. champ looked good last year ONLY because he was mostly ignored by the opposing QBs. Once QBs were brave enough to challenge champ they discovered he did have weaknesses, especially going deep! they also learned that champ willingly gave up 7 rard receptions on 1st or second down and 10, and then would try to jump the same route on third down. thew double move caught champ off balance as it has his ENTIRE career !

Champ demonstrated, when challenged that he could be burned deep when he didnt have safety help.

all this last year befoe that bimch Liz franc kicked him in the foot.
Liz Franc 2, Broncos zero.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #324
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
I disagree. champ looked good last year ONLY because he was mostly ignored by the opposing QBs. Once QBs were brave enough to challenge champ they discovered he did have weaknesses, especially going deep! they also learned that champ willingly gave up 7 rard receptions on 1st or second down and 10, and then would try to jump the same route on third down. thew double move caught champ off balance as it has his ENTIRE career !

Champ demonstrated, when challenged that he could be burned deep when he didnt have safety help.

all this last year befoe that bimch Liz franc kicked him in the foot.

Most corners can give up deep balls when they do not have safety help. But admitting that would shoot your bull**** point in the kneecaps.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #325
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Wade's World

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: filling the cups... lol
Posts: 35,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well in fairness you said "first game back after injury/suspension"....

You did not add the qualifier of "mid season" until examples were given....
In the context of the discussion, it shouldn't have had to be specified that "mid-season-return-from-injury/suspension" was the obvious frame of reference, since the thread is about Champ Bailey and his return to the field after injury was mid-season. Champ doesn't have the luxury of a full training camp and preseason play to get into football shape like the "examples" that were given. When the discussion was pretty clearly about apples, oranges were provided as examples -- examples that are entirely irrelevant since they're not the same thing.

You're smart enough to grasp this concept, Errand.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 AM.


Denver Broncos